Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > UPDATE: Missing college student in North Dakota...
Search this Thread:
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Staff
HECK!
Bluto

Local time: 02:05 AM

post #31  quote:

What ever happened with this?

-HECK!

Old Post 01-05-2004 07:51 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #32  quote:

I have checked the CNN website, and there hasn't been an update.
I have to say... if they haven't found her by now, she's got to be dead.

Old Post 01-05-2004 08:02 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #33  quote:

I agree. I read somewhere if they don't find them in 48 hours they are usually gone.

But there was that Utah girl that was kidnapped for a few months. Maybe it's a situation like that.

-HECK!

Old Post 01-05-2004 09:50 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

oldbutafan
The Advocate

Local time: 04:05 AM

post #34  quote:

quote:
HECK said this in post #31 :

What ever happened with this?

-HECK!

All I have seen recently is articles regarding several fundraisers to benefit the family.

I also read something about a private investigator and that the FAMILY will be starting a new search mid-January.

Putting that together it sounds like official searches, rescue or recovery, have been called off and so the family will continue searching privately ?

I think she is presumed dead.

There is one thing in the article Heck posted that doesn't make sense to me:

quote:

... Hill described the blood in the car as a small amount.

Hill also confirmed a media report that the trunk of Rodriguez's car had been extensively cleaned before his arrest.

Rodriguez, 50, has been charged with Sjodin's kidnapping. He has said through his attorney that he is innocent.

The Associated Press reported Monday that

a knife was discovered in the trunk of Rodriguez's car,

and later reported that a sheath found near Sjodin's car matched the knife

How do you "extensively clean" the trunk and leave a knife there ? Strange.

Anyway, I think the interrogation technique they should use with the "suspect" should be to insert some fish hooks into tender parts, and then start reeling until he talks !

Old Post 01-05-2004 10:33 PM
Click here to Send oldbutafan a Private Message Find more posts by oldbutafan Add oldbutafan to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore oldbutafan REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #35  quote:

quote:
oldbutafan said this in post #34 :
How do you "extensively clean" the trunk and leave a knife there ? Strange.

I agree...VERY strange!

Old Post 01-05-2004 10:52 PM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #36  quote:

Uh huh... its really a strange coincidence, isn't it?

Old Post 01-06-2004 02:54 AM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #37  quote:

Alfonso Rodriguez Jr
And police in Grand Forks, Minnesota are being pretty tight-lipped about exactly what led them to arrest the man seen in this mug shot, Alfonso Rodriguez, Jr. on kidnapping charges on December 1, 2003. Rodriguez was just released in May of 2003 after serving time for rape, aggravated assault and kidnapping. He?s registered sex offender, and categorized as a predatory offender who police say ?has a history of sexual contact and attempted kidnapping with adult females.? Rodriguez has been arrested in connection with the kidnapping and disappearance of college student Dru Sjodin, who disappeared from a parking lot on November 22, 2003, and hasn?t been seen since. Thousands of volunteers have been searching for her ever since.

Old Post 01-06-2004 07:26 AM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #38  quote:

It's amazing, to me, how you can have someone with a criminal history, of kidnapping young women, sexual assault, etc... and they LET HIM OUT OF PRISON! What in the hell is wrong with our system. This guy has SERIOUS problems, and should not have been released. That's a lifer, if you ask me.

Old Post 01-06-2004 03:12 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #39  quote:

That dude even looks evil. And he was released in May and this other girl dissappeared in November? Damn. That's jacked. This dude needs to get the chair.

-HECK!

Old Post 01-06-2004 04:48 PM

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #40  quote:

quote:
HECK said this in post #39 :
That dude even looks evil.

-HECK!

Doesnt he though!

I could not imagine having a face like that coming after me...it gave me the creeps looking at it.....but I thought I would share the creepy crawler chills I got with the rest of you.

Old Post 01-06-2004 09:31 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #41  quote:

Look at his neck, just a pinch above his shirt collar....
it looks like it's fake... like you could peel it up!

Old Post 01-06-2004 09:35 PM

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #42  quote:

quote:
KJ said this in post #41 :

OMG...OMG, OMG, OMG....

You are SOOOOO Right!

Thats is extra eerie!

Old Post 01-06-2004 09:47 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #43  quote:

Ladies, if you see a dude like this coming up to you in a mall parking lot, freak out on him. So what if he has a knife. Once you are forced in a trunk or car, that's it. Kick, scream, scratch, pull, punch like your life depended on it... cuz it just might.

-HECK!

Old Post 01-06-2004 10:30 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #44  quote:

I will do anything and everything that I can to stop someone from hurting me, or someone else!

Old Post 01-06-2004 10:48 PM

oldbutafan
The Advocate

post #45  quote:

quote:
HECK said this in post #43 :
Ladies, if you see a dude like this coming up to you in a mall parking lot, freak out on him. So what if he has a knife. Once you are forced in a trunk or car, that's it. Kick, scream, scratch, pull, punch like your life depended on it... cuz it just might.

-HECK!

Anybody ... in addition, if someone stronger does manage to overpower you and gets you into the passenger compartment of a vehicle ... try to CRASH the vehicle or cause it to crash if you can ! Seriously, the experts say your odds of survival are greater in a crash than if you are taken to seclusion.

Old Post 01-07-2004 12:00 AM
Click here to Send oldbutafan a Private Message Find more posts by oldbutafan Add oldbutafan to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore oldbutafan REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

oldbutafan
The Advocate

post #46  quote:

quote:
HECK said this in post #39 :
That dude even looks evil. And he was released in May and this other girl dissappeared in November? Damn. That's jacked. This dude needs to get the chair.

-HECK!

I guess I've already said what I think he and his ilk need to get.
And he looks Evil with a capital E !

quote:
mystic said this in post #40 :

Doesnt he though!

I could not imagine having a face like that coming after me...it gave me the creeps looking at it.....but I thought I would share the creepy crawler chills I got with the rest of you.

Creepy and evil is right ! That poor young girl must have been so very terrified ! It makes me sick to my stomach.

quote:
KJ said this in post #41 :

It's pure Evil covered with that peel-up-doughy exterior !

Old Post 01-07-2004 12:10 AM

Staff
Sierradaddy
Days of Future Past...

post #47  quote:

You know what about that Rodriguez guy? To me, he doesn't look all that evil... I say this, because I see people with scowls across their faces all the time, and many of those people I see walking casually look more menacing to me than Rodriguez's picture... From what I remember about the case, Rodriguez is a quiet guy. Still waters, so to speak...

I personally have seen my own father look more evil at times, but I submit that I MAY have been the cause....

Old Post 01-29-2004 09:22 PM
Click here to Send Sierradaddy a Private Message Find more posts by Sierradaddy Add Sierradaddy to your buddy list Sierradaddy's MSN ID is smoothline98@hotmail.com Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #48  quote:

They found this girl, she's dead. Sad, sad, sad.

-HECK!

Old Post 04-19-2004 05:42 PM
Time: 10:05 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > UPDATE: Missing college student in North Dakota...
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: