Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > Feedback > Forum News & Announcements > Avatars
Search this Thread:
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

Local time: 06:00 PM

post #31  quote:

adit, can you see the avatar in my profile? Mike and are trying to figure this out.

Old Post 02-29-2004 05:01 AM
Find more posts by Kookaburra Add Kookaburra to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Kookaburra REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 04:00 PM

post #32  quote:

I can see everyone's avatars in their profiles, just not in the threads.

Old Post 02-29-2004 05:02 AM
Click here to Send adityamahesh a Private Message Find more posts by adityamahesh Add adityamahesh to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore adityamahesh REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #33  quote:

Ok thank you. Mike is going to notify Marc about the problem. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Old Post 02-29-2004 05:04 AM
Find more posts by Kookaburra Add Kookaburra to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Kookaburra REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #34  quote:

Why do you sound like those tech support guys on the phone?

Old Post 02-29-2004 05:07 AM
Click here to Send adityamahesh a Private Message Find more posts by adityamahesh Add adityamahesh to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore adityamahesh REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #35  quote:

LOL! Hey! I resemble that remark... err, I mean... I resent that remark.

We can't fix it right now because Marc is in his cage and we lost the key. We have to have a locksmith come over on Monday to let him out. Anyway, I'm sure when he gets back he'll take care of it.

In the mean time, I think we need to turn up the heat under chodder and melt his cheese a bit. Such a brat.

Old Post 02-29-2004 05:14 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #36  quote:

I hope Marc and Sean are able to clear this up. Meanwhile, I am hoping chodder loses his cheese. It would serve him right.

Old Post 02-29-2004 05:16 AM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

Local time: 03:00 PM

post #37  quote:

I believe that the reason that you can't view the avatars throughout the posts is that we're trying to keep this site more professional looking. I know that Marc and Sean are working on a lot of things.

Old Post 02-29-2004 06:57 AM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

Local time: 05:00 PM

post #38  quote:

I have been asking non golds if they can see the avatars and it seems that it's almost a 50/50 deal. Half can see them and half can not see them.

When I signed up Sandy at Inreview, she could see the avatars. I sent her a private message and she recieved no email to say it was there.

So, I went to her options page and changed it to where she would get an email if a Private message was sent. After that, she could not longer see the Avatars.

I changed it back to "don't get the email for PM's", but she could still not see the Avatars. So, Maybe it was just the act of changing something in the options section, that activated sometime and shut the avatars off for her.

Old Post 03-21-2004 02:20 AM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #39  quote:

D'oh!!! I meant to say, "that activated something", not "sometime". You can't edit posts in this forum. Sorry.

Old Post 03-21-2004 02:22 AM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #40  quote:

Where are Marc and Sean when you need them?

Old Post 03-21-2004 03:04 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #41  quote:

Hey guys, don't take any offense at my previous post okay? I was less than serious. I know you are both very busy people.

Old Post 03-21-2004 03:05 AM

oldbutafan
The Advocate

Try post #42  quote:

quote:
whidden said this in post #38 :
I have been asking non golds if they can see the avatars and it seems that it's almost a 50/50 deal. Half can see them and half can not see them.

When I signed up Sandy at Inreview, she could see the avatars. I sent her a private message and she recieved no email to say it was there.

So, I went to her options page and changed it to where she would get an email if a Private message was sent. After that, she could not longer see the Avatars.

I changed it back to "don't get the email for PM's", but she could still not see the Avatars. So, Maybe it was just the act of changing something in the options section, that activated sometime and shut the avatars off for her.

Does Sandy's ID get a prompt when she has a new PM ? Try that and come back with a sitrep on the avatar, sir !

Want to lobby for a Gold Family Plan, whidden ?

Old Post 03-22-2004 08:50 PM
Click here to Send oldbutafan a Private Message Find more posts by oldbutafan Add oldbutafan to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore oldbutafan REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

oldbutafan
The Advocate

post #43  quote:

P.S. To whidden

Do they insist you wear a skirt or a dress or something when you are in Sandy's userid ?

Sorryyyyyyyyyyyy !

Old Post 03-22-2004 08:54 PM
Click here to Send oldbutafan a Private Message Find more posts by oldbutafan Add oldbutafan to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore oldbutafan REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #44  quote:

No dresses for the Lawdog! It would ruin my toughguy image.....

A gold member family plan is an excellent idea! 3 dollars a month for the first family member, 1 dollar a month for the spouse. I could do that.

Actually, if Sandy winds up liking Inreview a lot, we will pay the 3 bucks a month for her as well, so she can see the Avatars.

It hard to miss 3 dollars a month.

I would like to find out eventually whether non-golds are supposed to be seeing them or not.

Old Post 03-23-2004 12:17 AM

Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

post #45  quote:

Okay - I'll clear things up. At one poiint we discussed allowing only Gold Members to view/have Avatars. While we never officially initiated that - a bug allowed it to happen - oh, 50% of the time.

I've fixed the bug and as a result, here is what you must do if you cannot see avatars:

MY INREVIEW > OPTIONS > Save Your Options (even though you have changed nothing)

That should get avatars back for those who wish to view them. Anyone else who already sees them can ignore this.

Old Post 03-23-2004 01:55 AM
Click here to Send Marc Flemming a Private Message View Marc Flemming's Journal Visit Marc Flemming's homepage! Find more posts by Marc Flemming Add Marc Flemming to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #46  quote:

Thanks Marc. Worked for me

Old Post 03-23-2004 02:03 AM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #47  quote:

Hey Marc, it worked for me too. But I have a request. I am comfortable with them now, since I have a T3 and the images don't take time to load. What if I move to a 56.6 kbps modem and I don't want to see them anymore to have faster download of the page? Can you devise an option so that we can turn them off too? Thanks.

Old Post 03-23-2004 05:35 PM

Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

post #48  quote:

Fair enough - everyone should have the option now.

MY INREVIEW > Options > Show other user's avatars in their posts?

Old Post 03-23-2004 06:24 PM
Click here to Send Marc Flemming a Private Message View Marc Flemming's Journal Visit Marc Flemming's homepage! Find more posts by Marc Flemming Add Marc Flemming to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #49  quote:

Great job Marc. You and Sean are good guys.

Old Post 03-23-2004 06:46 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #50  quote:

Yeah, Marc and Sean, we don't thank you guys enough because we don't want to look like BROWN nosers, but since it is way too late for me anyway, Thanks!

Old Post 03-23-2004 11:55 PM

Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

post #51  quote:

Thanks, whidden / adityamahesh. I'm grateful for your approval and appreciation, it's what personally motivates me to keep going and generating new ideas.

The concept of brown nosing is hereby null and void here. Members or staff - we're all just people trying to make something we mutually enjoy a better place. Expressing support of anyone's work is better said than not. Thanks again.

Old Post 03-24-2004 03:47 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #52  quote:

Now that brown nosing has been nulled, does that mean I can keep applying to be a mod? Kidding, I don't have the time to be a mod even if you made me one.

Old Post 03-24-2004 05:13 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #53  quote:

Can an avatar be animated? I don't remember from my PLATINUM days, it was oh so long ago.

-HECK!

Old Post 04-16-2004 10:57 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #54  quote:

Nope. Sorry Heck. I also wish it could be.

M.

Old Post 04-16-2004 11:03 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #55  quote:

That sucks, I wonder why not. I have a few kick ass animated gif's I've made for avatars. BUNK!

-HECK!

Old Post 04-19-2004 09:57 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #56  quote:

I was thinking... why not have it that if you are already a gold member then all you have to do is pay another dollar a month and that will allow you to have an animated avatar. So people will be like oh I want an animated avatar so then they go gold and then pay the extra dollar just to get an animated avatar. I have no idea as to how much server animated avatars use up so I don?t know if it could handle it. Plus you just got that upgrade so maybe it could? eh, just a thought. You?re not making much money out of the deal but at least it?s something.

Oh did I mention staff should be able to have animated avatars? People will think how cool it must be to have one and want to upgrade

Old Post 04-27-2004 04:39 AM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

post #57  quote:

Animated avatars are distracting and unprofessional. There's no plan to have them free or at any cost.

Old Post 04-27-2004 08:06 AM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #58  quote:

I'm with Marc... they are HIGHLY unprofessional. We don't need to have that distraction.
As is it... I don't think that people should be allowed to have the animated smilies in their signatures.
Marc... can you code that, please?

Old Post 04-28-2004 03:36 AM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 11:00 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > Feedback > Forum News & Announcements > Avatars
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: