Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > Feedback > Forum News & Announcements > Avatars
Search this Thread:
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

Local time: 12:25 PM

Post Avatars post #1  quote:

The use of avatars on this site has finally been approved for Gold/Platinum/Staff Members.

If you are interested in upgrading your account to use avatars, please click here.

Old Post 02-20-2004 09:17 PM
Click here to Send Marc Flemming a Private Message View Marc Flemming's Journal Visit Marc Flemming's homepage! Find more posts by Marc Flemming Add Marc Flemming to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Crazie
Republican :D

Local time: 03:25 PM

post #2  quote:

Is there a reason why the rest of us can't have it? Most message boards don't charge to simply have an av

Old Post 02-20-2004 09:21 PM
Click here to Send Crazie a Private Message Find more posts by Crazie Add Crazie to your buddy list Crazie's ICQ status Send an AIM message to Crazie Crazie's MSN ID is craziejuggalo@msn.com Click Here to Ignore Crazie REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

esskay
Rookie

post #3  quote:

Yes, there's a reason. Most forums don't have 85,000 members in need of moderation with a minimal crew. Anyway, the avatars are just another perk of the paid accounts which offer a bucket of options & capabilities to those members.

Old Post 02-20-2004 09:46 PM
Find more posts by esskay Add esskay to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore esskay REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

post #4  quote:

quote:
Crazie said this in post #2 :
Is there a reason why the rest of us can't have it? Most message boards don't charge to simply have an av

There is a plethora of additional perks for upgrading as well - not simply avatars. Check 'em out.

And it won't hurt to look at it this way: The rest of the forum is FREE.

Old Post 02-20-2004 10:37 PM
Click here to Send Marc Flemming a Private Message View Marc Flemming's Journal Visit Marc Flemming's homepage! Find more posts by Marc Flemming Add Marc Flemming to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

schmiggens
Outrageous

Local time: 04:25 AM

post #5  quote:

Can I have one?

Old Post 02-23-2004 02:59 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

post #6  quote:

I think so.

Old Post 02-23-2004 03:10 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #7  quote:

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!

So how do you set it up? I have looked all through my user panel and can't find it?

Old Post 02-23-2004 07:12 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #8  quote:

Click on user panel, and options. Scroll about half way down and make sure that you have clicked on yes to see everyone's. Then, at the bottom, there's a link to set up your avatar. Just follow the directions from there. Oh, and make sure that it isn't a moving avatar. Just a set picture. And INReview will tell you if it's too big.

Old Post 02-23-2004 07:14 AM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #9  quote:

Oh, and here's a great link, where you can pick avatars. They have 100 x 100 and less.
And that's what you need.

http://www.e-cadfael.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Avatars.htm

Old Post 02-23-2004 07:15 AM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #10  quote:

YAY!!!!! I got one too!!!!! I know you all love Britney LOL.

THis is a good link for Avatars too:

http://www.avatarity.com

Old Post 02-23-2004 08:30 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 01:25 PM

post #11  quote:

Why can't a normal user like me see the avatars when I am logged in? The only time can see them is when I am not logged in. I have looked at my options but I cannot figure out how can I enable it. Are the normal users not allowed to see others' avatars?

Old Post 02-28-2004 10:16 PM
Click here to Send adityamahesh a Private Message Find more posts by adityamahesh Add adityamahesh to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore adityamahesh REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

Local time: 02:25 PM

post #12  quote:

Mahesh, there is an option under OPTIONS that allows you to check yes or no to be able to see avatars. Do you got that checked as yes?

It's about half way down on the options list.

Old Post 02-28-2004 10:48 PM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #13  quote:

I don't have that option.

Old Post 02-28-2004 10:51 PM
Click here to Send adityamahesh a Private Message Find more posts by adityamahesh Add adityamahesh to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore adityamahesh REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #14  quote:

quote:
adityamahesh said this in post #13 :
I don't have that option.

Click on "my inreview" button at the top of the page;

Then click on "options";

Then scroll down until you see the following options:

Thread View Options
Show user's signatures in their posts? yes no
Show user's avatar in their posts? yes no
Show image attachments and [img] code in Posts?

Old Post 02-29-2004 03:47 AM
Find more posts by Kookaburra Add Kookaburra to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Kookaburra REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #15  quote:

Yeah, I have that option too. Everybody does

Old Post 02-29-2004 03:51 AM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #16  quote:

I don't have the second option in my options, Kooka. I have looked thoroughly.

Old Post 02-29-2004 03:51 AM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #17  quote:

MM - It's under Thread View Options It should be there. If not then I'm sure on of the mods and use their special powers to check.

Old Post 02-29-2004 03:55 AM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #18  quote:

Well, it isn't under mine. I usually check these things thoroughly before posting any problems or complaints. I hope Marc or Sean fix it for me.

Old Post 02-29-2004 03:58 AM

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #19  quote:

Doggone INR Gremlins must have gone in and stole your avatar options adityamahesh

Can you go in to options and copy and paste what your options read? I'm not sure why yours are different than the rest of ours.

Perhaps if we see what your options are, we'll be able to find them in ours and go from there.

Old Post 02-29-2004 04:03 AM
Find more posts by Kookaburra Add Kookaburra to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Kookaburra REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #20  quote:

These are the ones I have:

Edit Options - adityamahesh
Login, Cookies & Privacy
Invisible Mode?
Selecting yes allows you to surf the forums without appearing in the 'Logged In Users' list. yes no
Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies) yes no
Browse board with cookies?
Clicking yes will use cookies to keep your id for this session. Clicking no will send it through the links. (Selecting no may cause problems when sharing links with people behind the same proxy as you) yes no
Messaging & Notification
Allow Bulletin Board Administrators and Moderators To Send You Email Notices? yes no
Allow other users to rate you? yes no
Allow Other Users to Send You Email?
Clicking NO will not allow other users (this does not include administrators/moderators) to send you an email. Either way, your email address is not directly shown to the user at any time. yes no
Use 'Email Notification' by default?
Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in. yes no
Enable Private Messaging?
Allows people to send Private Messages to you yes no
Send you an email when you receive a Private Message? yes no
Pop up a box when you receive a Private Message?
This will pop up a small warning box when you receive a Private Message asking whether you want to view the message. yes no
Allow Other Members to Invite You to Chat?
This will pop up a small warning box when you are invited to chat asking whether you want to chat. yes no
Thread View Options
Show user's signatures in their posts? yes no
Show image attachments and [img] code in Posts?
Selecting no will show a hyperlink instead. yes no
Default Thread View:
Default Posts per Thread:
Number of posts that are shown on one page of a thread.
Date & Time Options
Start of the week
Please choose the day of the week on which weeks start in your culture. This is so your calendar appears correct to you.
Time offset:
Time: 09:06 PM Please select your time zone from the list:
Other Options
Use vBCode quick links on your message input screens?
Enabling this option allows you to quickly manipulate different aspects of your posts including color, font, and size. In addition you can click on smilies to have them inserted into your posts. You may disable this option if it causes problems for you. yes no

I hope Marc and Sean know why I have been excluded from viewing other people's avatars.

Old Post 02-29-2004 04:09 AM

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #21  quote:

Hmmm you're right. I see where the option was suppose to go, but it's not there.

It's possible you have to be a paid member to be able to see avatars, and that might explain why you don't have the option.

Someone will be in to answer you. I'll send a message to a senior mod to come in and answer for you. Sorry I couldn't help more, but we'll get someone in.

Old Post 02-29-2004 04:22 AM

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #22  quote:

I messaged a senior mod and they think the avatars are restriced to gold members and staff.

Sorry about that.. but we would be happy to upgrade you!

Old Post 02-29-2004 04:32 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #23  quote:

I think we are not on the same level here. I don't want an avatar for myself, but I still want to see other people's avatars. Chodder has the option to see them, why not me?

Old Post 02-29-2004 04:35 AM

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #24  quote:

You're right again! I thought chodder was a gold member. Well that just blows our theory right out the window. Now we have two clueless mods. Shall we try a third one?

Old Post 02-29-2004 04:38 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #25  quote:

I think I will just wait for the our supreme leaders to see this and fix it.

Old Post 02-29-2004 04:41 AM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #26  quote:

Hahah I screwed you guys up good. I don't have that option. I didnt pay close enough attention. oops

Old Post 02-29-2004 04:45 AM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #27  quote:

Only the staff and Gold Members have the option to have, and view, avatars.

Old Post 02-29-2004 04:47 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #28  quote:

Then maybe I should make a suggestion worthy of Reward points. Why not allow other members to view (not have) the avatars too? This might induce them to buy the gold membership after all. I mean, if I am not seeing others' avatars, I am not very keen on having my own now, am I?

Old Post 02-29-2004 04:55 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #29  quote:

quote:
chodder said this in post #26 :
Hahah I screwed you guys up good. I don't have that option. I didnt pay close enough attention. oops

You hurt me chodder, you really did.

Old Post 02-29-2004 04:55 AM

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #30  quote:

Oh chodder you brat!

Old Post 02-29-2004 04:59 AM
Time: 08:25 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > Feedback > Forum News & Announcements > Avatars
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: