Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Whedonverse > General Discussion
Search this Thread:
Pages (16): « First « 56 [7] 89 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

Local time: 09:39 AM

post #181  quote:

That episode creeped me out. John Ritter is really good at that. I thought he was scarier when we didn't know he was a machine, though. When his face tore and we could see circuits I was like, "Whew. Okay, that's better."

Old Post 10-27-2005 12:37 AM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

Local time: 01:39 AM

post #182  quote:

Yeah, Ritter rocks. I'm still trying to get Three's Company on DVD out here in Taiwan, but they don't seem to wanna release it.

In that Ted episode where Buffy kicks his butt and Jack (wait.... Ted) falls down the stairs and dies, I wasn't feel sorry for Buffy for killing a man, I was thinking "Hell yeah!"

HECK, did you catch a lot of the later seasons? The show had some classics in the sixth season with the Trio being the villains... Most of those episodes are my favorites.

Old Post 10-27-2005 04:20 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #183  quote:

Oh yeah, I caught all of the later seasons. Each season had a big bad; Adam, Glory, Evil Willow, those three tools. Good stuff.

It was weird trying to have Buffy go to college, glad she dropped out. Her mother dying surprised me though.

-HECK!

Old Post 10-27-2005 09:29 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #184  quote:

Yeah, but Joyce was a pain in the butt. The slayer always having her mother looking over her? Come on!

Her death was done quite well, I think. Though I wasn't surprised... Tara was the one that got me... I was just like "WTF"? And screamed at the television to rewind...

Old Post 10-28-2005 04:19 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #185  quote:

The actress who played Joyce wanted to leave, but Joss convinced her to stay on for season five so that he could kill her

Yeah, Tara's death was TOTALLY unexpected. The last thing I saw coming was Warren blindly shooting with a gun and killing Tara right after she made up with Willow.

Old Post 10-28-2005 05:59 AM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #186  quote:

Poor Tara... she was so awesome. And like we've already said: Kennedy sucks.

I realized recently that the episode I fall asleep in the most is the season 4 finale. It has some of the best jokes and a really cool story line, but it just moves at a snails pace... good episode regardless.

And that cheese man is so............... er....

Old Post 10-28-2005 06:39 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #187  quote:

Remember the wise words of the Cheeseman, Gaboman,

"These will not protect you."

And it's true. Cheese does not work well as a shield. He is all-knowing.

Old Post 10-29-2005 07:00 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #188  quote:

Should have known that Tara girl was going to die, they listed her in the opening credits that episode...

Willow skinning that guy was weird.

But having that one nerd guy kill his buddy later on was lame.

-HECK!

Old Post 10-31-2005 08:44 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #189  quote:

Yeah, I was ticked when that happened. Johnathon had been with the show since the first season, even though he was not a regular character, so to just kill him off sucked. I never liked The First as a Big Bad. I stopped reading the episode descriptions because I thought she was lame.

Old Post 11-02-2005 01:33 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #190  quote:

Glory was better than The First.

The last episode was kind of odd... so all these thousands of potential Slayers now had powers? A lot of hardcore chicks around. Total girl power, it would seem.

-HECK!

Old Post 11-03-2005 06:15 PM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #191  quote:

I didn't really like the idea of thousands of Slayer-powered girls running around the world. There would be so many girls out there with Slayer powers that Watchers wouldn't be available for them all. Who is supposed to tell them what they are, what they need to do? There would be a bunch of girls with the morals of Buffy, but I imagine there would be plenty of Faithish gals out there, too.

Old Post 11-14-2005 12:25 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #192  quote:

The Angel episode I watched the other day had Lorne put a spell on everyone, making them think they're teenagers.

The reason I mention it is Fred speaking Pylean to Lorne: "May Your Words Please The Gods".... except accidently saying "May you orally please the Gods" classic.

Old Post 11-21-2005 07:00 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #193  quote:

I've never seen that episode. What was Lorne reaction?

Old Post 11-22-2005 03:16 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #194  quote:

Well, the whole episode was Lorne telling the story about how the demon woke up inside Cordy... so its basically told after season 4 finishes (though its towards the beginning of the season).

So, well, they're talking Pylean, and Lorne cuts out of the story he's telling and says: "OK, first of all, she didn't say, May your words please the gods, so much as May you orally please the gods, which is a slight... inflection's very crucial in our.... Oh, God bless her, it's always nice to hear the mother tongue, as long as it's not from my mother............. Is this on? (taps mic) And secondly, I didn't know that a couple hours ago, Fred had tried to kill her evil Professor by opening a portal. Gunn didn't know that Wesley had helped her. And Wesley didn't know Gunn had killed the guy himself to save Fred from becoming a killer. And Fred didn't know that Gunn was right then figuring out that Wesley had helped her try. So, you can see, I didn't have all the facts when I started this. It's my job to read people, but nobody in this clan was exactly singing. And me? Hey, I was thinking about Cordelia." (cut and paste that of course )

Old Post 11-23-2005 01:34 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #195  quote:

Oh, that sounds like a good one. I oughta find someone who owns season four on DVD and borrow it.

So Cordy went back her High School self? Oh boy... What was Angel like as a teenager?

Old Post 11-24-2005 02:31 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #196  quote:

Angel... hmm... was bitter, hated the English and his father...

Abused Wesley for being English, then realized he didn't have an Irish accent

Was freaked out by the shiny demons (cars)

Wondered how Cordy turned the little singing men off (radio)

... of course High School Cordy found Angel irresistable even said: "Mmm salty goodness" which was what she said when she first saw him in Buffy too.

Fred was the funniest. She was a weirdo pothead

I watched the episode where Angel loses his soul (season 4) last night... wow, what an episode! Did you see that one, or should I not spoil it? The episode was dedicated to the guy who played Doyle. Didn't know he died...

Old Post 11-25-2005 05:33 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #197  quote:

Fred was a pothead?! I never pictured her as a druggie

I saw most of Angel, just missed a few episodes here and there, so you didn't spoil anything. I have always liked Angelus for some reason, so I was really looking forward to that episode.

Glenn Quinn died from a drug overdose. Too bad I don't know if you've reached this part or not, but there is an episode where Skip shows Cordy a video of when Doyle passed his powers to her. They had to use the video instead of the real Doyle because the actor had already died at the point.

Old Post 11-25-2005 05:38 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #198  quote:

Sad...

I did see that part. I've already past the part where Skip died. I always liked him being good, since it was so funny. I was kind of bummed when it turned out he was on the other side.

The episode where Willow reinstates Angel's soul was classic... the dialogue between Fred and Willow is unbelievable.

Fred: <extra smiley> I have to say, someday I'd love to bend your ear about the Pergamum Codex. I ? I think some of the really obscure passages are actually Latin translated from a demonic tongue, and they're kind of a hoot. <giggles> All this stuff about Bacchanals and spells and ? actually, I think it's probably funnier in Latin. You know how that is sometimes.
Willow: I'm seeing someone.
<Fred's confused>

Old Post 11-28-2005 01:29 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #199  quote:

Oh, btw, the episode where Angel loses his soul... it was just so twisty, I loved it. There've been lots of stories like that one, where you find out most of it was just someone's imagination... but it was awesome none-the-less, cause I never saw it coming. It just looked like everything was working out at the end, and them BOOM! Tricked ya!

The finale is being played here on Friday... those Black Thorn guys seem harsh...

I know what happens at the end, but it always depresses me to think about it. It's a great ending, but still a very ... gut-wrenching one...

Old Post 11-28-2005 01:41 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #200  quote:

I agree with Angel in the ending. I would want to slay the dragon That would be beyond cool. I was too busy looking at the dragon, so I missed the other creatures. What were they, or were they ones we'd not come across yet?

Old Post 11-28-2005 03:08 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #201  quote:

There's heaps of them... this giant... umm... I don't know, take a look:

Slaying the dragon'd be awesome

I heard Joss has spoken briefly about certain Buffy spin-offs he'd like to do, and so have the actors who play Giles and Wes - they hinted at the posibility of a movie with the both of them, so we know there's a possibility that Wes doesn't die.

I'd just love to see how they explain what happened

I do think the Buffyverse will be back eventually... just don't know when they'll get around to it. So many good stories not yet explored.

Old Post 11-29-2005 01:51 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #202  quote:

Wesley not die? What? I wonder how he'd pull that off. He'd be some kind of Super Wesley or something. Of course, he did survive having his throat slit and being tortured by Faith, so maybe he has like Wolverine healing powers or something

Old Post 11-29-2005 02:31 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #203  quote:

Hehehe well, the point is, we don't know what happens... they could come back with an explanation of some sort...

Maybe they won! Why are you doubting them?????

Old Post 11-29-2005 02:50 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #204  quote:

Old Post 11-29-2005 02:57 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #205  quote:

But, yeah, they really need some more Buffy related movies/shows in the coming years...

Old Post 11-29-2005 03:13 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #206  quote:

hahaha wait, Wes was the only one who died before the end of the episode.... forgot about that.

Old Post 11-29-2005 03:23 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #207  quote:

Just finished the fourth season. Basically finished the way I knew it would (duh). I hadn't seen the episode where they tour Wolfram and Hart, though. That was killer. I don't know why people don't like them taking over W&H, it was an awesome twist and the show really needed to be revamped (yes, that pun was intended) by the fifth season anyway.

Oh, I love the fact that everybody in the world was blissfully happy until Angel and Co stepped in and stopped Jasmine. Classic.

Gotta get onto my mother-in-law about sending me my fifth season DVD, which I know she has to have

Old Post 12-02-2005 07:00 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #208  quote:

Yeah, that was great. They stopped world peace. Good one, guys

Old Post 12-03-2005 05:57 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #209  quote:

Yeah, no wonder they got Wolfram and Hart, aye?

I've got no Angel to watch now, though don't know what to do with myself...

Though I do have Firefly to watch... I'm finding the first episode kind of hard to get through

Old Post 12-05-2005 05:22 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #210  quote:

I really enjoyed the first episode of Firefly. Super exciting, in my opinion

Old Post 12-06-2005 12:45 AM
Time: 05:39 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (16): « First « 56 [7] 89 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Whedonverse > General Discussion
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: