Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Jokes & Other Humor > Christmas cartoons
Search this Thread:
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 06:11 PM

post #31  quote:

quote:
Nion said this in post #30 :
the languages i speak:JE(French) BIN(German) FROM(English) RO-MANIA(Romanian)
it means "i'm from Romania"

Cool. Are you fluent in the first three?

Old Post 12-21-2003 11:26 PM
Click here to Send adityamahesh a Private Message Find more posts by adityamahesh Add adityamahesh to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore adityamahesh REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Nion
Aryn Belzin
Godwynne House

Local time: 03:11 AM

post #32  quote:

Yup.but i can only talk and read German and French but i can't write.

Old Post 12-21-2003 11:28 PM
Click here to Send Nion a Private Message Find more posts by Nion Add Nion to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Nion REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #33  quote:

quote:
Nion said this in post #32 :
Yup.but i can only talk and read German and French but i can't write.

Hmmm, if you can talk and read, why shouldn't you be able to write?

Old Post 12-21-2003 11:29 PM
Click here to Send adityamahesh a Private Message Find more posts by adityamahesh Add adityamahesh to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore adityamahesh REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Nion
Aryn Belzin
Godwynne House

post #34  quote:

B-cuz i never learned.

Old Post 12-21-2003 11:30 PM
Click here to Send Nion a Private Message Find more posts by Nion Add Nion to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Nion REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

Local time: 08:11 PM

post #35  quote:

i only know how to say "yes or no" in German. i took French for 1 week in school and i have taken Spanish for 3 years in school.

Old Post 12-21-2003 11:34 PM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #36  quote:

quote:
Nion said this in post #34 :
B-cuz i never learned.

What I meant was, if you can read the alphabet and the words, and can understand what they mean, why shouldn't you be able to write also?

Old Post 12-21-2003 11:34 PM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #37  quote:

quote:
chodder said this in post #35 :
i only know how to say "yes or no" in German. i took French for 1 week in school and i have taken Spanish for 3 years in school.

I am sure Spanish will come in handy in mexican restaurents. I can't tell you how much problem I face sometimes at those places.

Old Post 12-21-2003 11:35 PM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #38  quote:

what do you like to eat? i can tell you how to say it.. i think...

Old Post 12-21-2003 11:37 PM
Click here to Send chodder a Private Message Visit chodder's homepage! Find more posts by chodder Add chodder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chodder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Nion
Aryn Belzin
Godwynne House

post #39  quote:

quote:
mmaheshwary said this in post #36 :

What I meant was, if you can read the alphabet and the words, and can understand what they mean, why shouldn't you be able to write also?

well,actually i don't know.If I see a German word i think of the it's spoken and then i know what it means.But i can't write b-cuz i just forget how the word is written.It's hard.I just can't.

Spanish?yeah,tell me. if want to say to a waiter:i don't any money..how do i say it in spanish

Last edited by Nion on 12-21-2003 at 11:42 PM |
Old Post 12-21-2003 11:38 PM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #40  quote:

people think you can just sound it out and write it down, but its hard. sometimes is spelled differently from how it sounds.

Old Post 12-21-2003 11:41 PM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #41  quote:

no tengo dinero

Old Post 12-21-2003 11:42 PM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #42  quote:

quote:
chodder said this in post #38 :
what do you like to eat? i can tell you how to say it.. i think...

The pronounciation is not not the difficult part. The difficulty comes when I want something about the food explained to me, like what are the ingredients, etc.

Old Post 12-21-2003 11:43 PM

Nion
Aryn Belzin
Godwynne House

post #43  quote:

quote:
chodder said this in post #40 :
people think you can just sound it out and write it down, but its hard. sometimes is spelled differently from how it sounds.

Yes.Exactly.I have trouble reading something,but i can read it.
So naturally i can't write anything.

Old Post 12-21-2003 11:44 PM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #44  quote:

quote:
Nion said this in post #43 :

Yes.Exactly.I have trouble reading something,but i can read it.
So naturally i can't write anything.

Oh, okay.

Old Post 12-21-2003 11:44 PM

Nion
Aryn Belzin
Godwynne House

post #45  quote:

no tengo dinero
huh?is this the translation is spanish?

Old Post 12-21-2003 11:46 PM

chodder
INRH4xx0r^

post #46  quote:

i know how to read and understand spanish. i dont know everything, im not fluent but i can manage if i was put in a mexican restuarante situation.

"no tengo dinero" means "i have no money" in Spanish

Old Post 12-21-2003 11:47 PM

Pulse
INReview Maven

post #47  quote:

I love Garfield...

Old Post 12-22-2003 04:19 AM
Click here to Send Pulse a Private Message Find more posts by Pulse Add Pulse to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Pulse REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #48  quote:

Here is another one.

Attachment:
ga031222l.gif (14.9512 kb, 7 views)

Old Post 12-22-2003 07:20 PM

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #49  quote:

Hey, now....I AM a computer guy...and I will tell ya'll now...(this is from earlier in this thread, because Heather was tweaking about viruses) viruses are very easy to create and easier to hide! Dang Mm, ya'll really like Garfield, huh?

Old Post 12-22-2003 10:50 PM
Click here to Send TearUUp a Private Message Find more posts by TearUUp Add TearUUp to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore TearUUp REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Pulse
INReview Maven

post #50  quote:

quote:
TearUUp said this in post #49 :
Hey, now....I AM a computer guy...and I will tell ya'll now...(this is from earlier in this thread, because Heather was tweaking about viruses) viruses are very easy to create and easier to hide! Dang Mm, ya'll really like Garfield, huh?

Viruses can be hidden and created through the use of Macros. Interesting things really...

Old Post 12-23-2003 03:15 AM
Click here to Send Pulse a Private Message Find more posts by Pulse Add Pulse to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Pulse REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

esskay
Rookie

Local time: 05:11 PM

post #51  quote:

While we're laying out credentials, I'm a software engineer fluent in many languages and have a sound understanding of various file formats and mime types. I would like to clarify that unless your computer is already screwed, you cannot hide macros/virii inside .GIF or .JPG or .BMP images which constitute the majority of file attachments on this forum.

Further, you should not be permitted to even download/execute files of dangerous types unless your browser is not providing standard security measures. Otherwise someone could easily put a link somewhere on the internet that formats your hard drive for you just by clicking on it and it wouldn't ever have looked like an "attachment" at all. It's not possible.

And lastly, though the "attachements" you see on InReview are labelled as such, they are not truly attachments in the traditional sense of the word as it aplies to Email. Attachments are dangerous in email because the file is on your computer and if you view/execute a dangerous attachment type, you immediately give it the ability to wreak havoc on your computer. The "attachemnts" on InReview are only links to files on a web server and thus standard web security protection applies: your web browser will not allow you to execute a program capable of causing damage to your system.

That is, again, assuming that your system is not already compromised. If so, then all bets are off.

It's good to be "safe", but phobic is a telltale sign of irrationality.

Old Post 12-23-2003 04:02 AM
Find more posts by esskay Add esskay to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore esskay REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #52  quote:

Tell it like it is Sean!

Old Post 12-23-2003 03:52 PM
Click here to Send TearUUp a Private Message Find more posts by TearUUp Add TearUUp to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore TearUUp REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #53  quote:

quote:
Sean Kelly said this in post #51 :
While we're laying out credentials, I'm a software engineer fluent in many languages and have a sound understanding of various file formats and mime types. I would like to clarify that unless your computer is already screwed, you cannot hide macros/virii inside .GIF or .JPG or .BMP images which constitute the majority of file attachments on this forum.

Further, you should not be permitted to even download/execute files of dangerous types unless your browser is not providing standard security measures. Otherwise someone could easily put a link somewhere on the internet that formats your hard drive for you just by clicking on it and it wouldn't ever have looked like an "attachment" at all. It's not possible.

And lastly, though the "attachements" you see on InReview are labelled as such, they are not truly attachments in the traditional sense of the word as it aplies to Email. Attachments are dangerous in email because the file is on your computer and if you view/execute a dangerous attachment type, you immediately give it the ability to wreak havoc on your computer. The "attachemnts" on InReview are only links to files on a web server and thus standard web security protection applies: your web browser will not allow you to execute a program capable of causing damage to your system.

That is, again, assuming that your system is not already compromised. If so, then all bets are off.

It's good to be "safe", but phobic is a telltale sign of irrationality.

Thanks for that illuminating post Sean. Thank you.

Old Post 12-26-2003 03:23 AM
Time: 01:11 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Jokes & Other Humor > Christmas cartoons
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: