Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Sports & Recreation > Professional Wrestling > Chris Benoit is dead
Search this Thread:
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

Local time: 09:45 AM

post #31  quote:

This whole thing is becoming a little mystery. It is now being reported that Benoits page on Wikipedia carried a story on the death of his wife Nancy 14 hours before the police found the bodies. in another twist to the story the wikipedia page was altered from Stamford Conneticut where WWE's HQ is.
Now WWE are stating that the first they knew about Nancy's death was from the police and it is worth noting at this time that there is no evidence to suggest that anyone at the WWE building changed the Wikipedia site, police only have a town and a state at this point not a specific computer. What has been said is that all WWE staff including wrestlers are offered WWE e mail addresses and we know that some wrestlers got weird texts from Benoit so it is not beyond the realms of possibility that Benoit told somebody who then altered the page but you have to ask yourself why not tell anybody that Nancy was dead?
What is clear is that somebody somewhere knew about this long before WWE management or the cops knew and that somebody has to be found so we can get some more answers.

Old Post 06-29-2007 12:44 AM
Click here to Send lodgebo a Private Message Find more posts by lodgebo Add lodgebo to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore lodgebo REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
White Tiger
Trust Me

post #32  quote:

I saw something on a wrestling chat site that says that there is speculation that Kevin Sullivan was somehow involved. This is the actual post was this:

Since the Benoit tragedies, FoxNews has picked up on the death of Sherri Martel. Intersteing nots says...

FOXNews.com also has learned, through widely posted Web reports, that former pro wrestler Sherri Martel, who was found dead on June 15, was linked to former wrestler Kevin Sullivan ? ex-husband of Nancy Benoit.

Martel, who had a reputation as one of the top managers in pro wrestling, was found dead at her mother?s home in near Birmingham, Ala., on June 15. She was 49.

Investigators, who have not yet determined Martel's cause of death, say foul play is not suspected but that Martel did not die of natural causes.

I know Kevin never really gotten over Nancy after she left; and has tried several times to get his foot back into the door.

There is now speculation amung fans that Sullivan may have been responsible for the deaths of Martel and the Benoits.

Old Post 06-29-2007 01:46 AM
Click here to Send White Tiger a Private Message Find more posts by White Tiger Add White Tiger to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Hammerlock
Enthusiast

Local time: 07:45 PM

Very poor way to post post #33  quote:

You might want to seek legal advice when posting messages naming certain people may be responsible for the deaths of the Benoit family.

Shane Bower (Biff Wellington) worked with Benoit at Stampede Wrestling and they tagged up with Benoit in Benoit?s first major US mainstream WCW international tag team tournament.

Shane was found dead in his bed June 24th 2007. He was 43 years old.

Brian Pillman, Eddie Guerrero, Rick Rude, Kurt Hennig, Miss Elisabeth, Sherri Martel all went before their time, causes believed to be related to chemical assistance. Even Lex Luger has stated he got a scare a couple of years ago by his use of chemicals.

I really don?t think Kevin Sullivan would really take the time away from his lobster fishing and other interests just to do in the Benoit family.

If anyone did this other than Benoit, it doesn?t make sense to leave him alive and do him last unless he was kept unconscious the whole time. I?m sure Benoit would have fought for his life as he was a warrior.
Not only that, Benoit did speak to people within the time period between the murders and his demise.

Old Post 06-29-2007 03:19 AM
Click here to Send Hammerlock a Private Message Find more posts by Hammerlock Add Hammerlock to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Hammerlock REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
White Tiger
Trust Me

post #34  quote:

I did not say that Sullivan was responsible. I said that there was speculation by people on wrestling chat sites that he was.

I dont believe it but some people do.

It will no doubt be one of those conspiracy theories that go on for years, like did David Von Erich died of natural causes or did he dies of an overdose? There is speculation that Eddie Guerrero didn't die of natural causes but of a drug overdose as well.

Fans speculate. They look for reasons behind things and they look for conspiracy theories in everything. It is the way things are.

Old Post 06-29-2007 05:06 AM
Click here to Send White Tiger a Private Message Find more posts by White Tiger Add White Tiger to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

kchev24
Qualified Rookie

Local time: 04:45 AM

post #35  quote:

thos have been confirmed to be rumors dont look into them u guys are turining this into science fiction once again those have been confirmed RUMORS none of the deaths are related this is the real world not a science fiction novel

Old Post 06-29-2007 08:38 AM
Click here to Send kchev24 a Private Message Find more posts by kchev24 Add kchev24 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore kchev24 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

Local time: 03:45 AM

post #36  quote:

Well,

The one reason I think it could be "medicinally" related is because his physician's place was raided by drug agents. You cannot raid something without a warrant and you cannot get a warrant unless there is cause or proof of something in its relation. And, since they confiscated records and computers, they had to have a warrant to take those. So....

Old Post 07-01-2007 07:07 AM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
lodgebo
INReview Maven

post #37  quote:

I think the raid was because he was the one that gave Benoit the anabolic steroids which may or may not have played a part in this sorry episode.
The arguement is that somebody like Benoit would only have been given the steroids if there was a dam good reason and if there was a dam good reason the steroids would have been obtained by the WWE doctors. So what I think has happend is Benoit maybe felt he needed steroids went to the WWE's doctors they refused for medical reasons so Benoit goes to his family doctor who give him the steroids pretty easily. So I think the police want the records etc to see the doctors reasoning for prescribing the stuff.

Old Post 07-01-2007 12:24 PM
Click here to Send lodgebo a Private Message Find more posts by lodgebo Add lodgebo to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore lodgebo REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

kchev24
Qualified Rookie

Local time: 04:45 AM

post #38  quote:

credit: wrestlinginc.com

People say Chris Benoit became a different person after Eddy Guerrero passed away. Nancy told friends that Benoit?s drug usage escalated badly after Guerrero died.

It became worse for Benoit after the death of neighbor Mike Durham (Johnny Grudge) and Victor ?Black Cat? Mar, who was considered Benoit?s best friend in Japan. Benoit refused to attend Durham?s funeral and said he never wanted to return to church and hated religion.

Old Post 07-05-2007 03:01 PM
Click here to Send kchev24 a Private Message Find more posts by kchev24 Add kchev24 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore kchev24 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
White Tiger
Trust Me

post #39  quote:

Pro wrestler Chris Benoit suffered head trauma from his years in the ring that could help explain why he killed his wife, son and himself, a doctor who studied his brain said Wednesday.

The analysis by doctors affiliated with the Sports Legacy Institute suggests that repeated concussions could have contributed to the killings at Benoit's suburban Atlanta home, though there was no way to know for sure.

"Whether it is the sole factor, I believe, is speculation, and I will not go there," said Dr. Robert Cantu, a member of the Waltham, Mass.-based institute, which researches the long-term effects of concussions.

The level of brain damage Benoit had could have caused depression and irrational behavior, said Cantu, who also is chief of neurosurgery service at Emerson Hospital in Concord, Mass.

The wrestler's father, Michael Benoit, said Wednesday he agreed to the testing of his son's brain because murder-suicide was so out of character. He said his son complained about suffering concussions, but that he knows of no medical records or records kept by the wrestling league to support the diagnosis.

Steroid use also has lingered as a theory behind the killings, since anabolic steroids were found in Chris Benoit's home and tests conducted by authorities showed Benoit had roughly 10 times the normal level of testosterone in his system when he died.

Some experts believe that use of testosterone can contribute to paranoia, depression and violent outbursts known as "roid rage."

Dr. Wendy Wright, an intensive care neurologist at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta who was not involved in the study of Benoit's brain, said multiple concussions could cause long-term brain injuries, but the symptoms were unclear.

"This isn't something you would expect to see turn on one day and have someone fly into a vicious rage," she said.

Michael Benoit, who lives near Edmonton in Alberta, Canada, said that after the killings, he discovered a diary written by his son that he thought "was written by someone who was extremely disturbed."

He did not elaborate, but he did say a friend told him that prior to the murder-suicide, Chris Benoit had been wearing a rosary, which he said was also out of character.

"I think it's the extreme that is in the wrestling industry today," he told reporters. "The human skull is not built to get hit by a chair or something."

The father said he has not discussed with his attorney whether to take any legal action against World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. or anyone else in the case.

A lawyer for Stamford, Conn.-based WWE did not immediately return a call Wednesday seeking comment. The company has maintained steroid use did not cause Benoit to snap.

Richard Decker, an attorney for the mother of Benoit's slain wife, said the brain test results "don't make a lot of difference to us."

"Even if the theories about the effects of continuing trauma on Chris' personality are accurate, they don't rule out Chris' excessive steroid use, which we know he was involved in, as a factor in the murders," Decker said. "In either case, it wouldn't excuse his conduct."

Prosecutors have said Benoit, 40, strangled his wife with a cord, used a choke hold to strangle his 7-year-old son, placed Bibles next to the bodies and hanged himself on a piece of exercise equipment the weekend of June 22.

Authorities have said Benoit's personal doctor, Phil Astin, prescribed a 10-month supply of anabolic steroids to Benoit every three to four weeks between May 2006 and May 2007. Astin has pleaded not guilty to federal charges of improperly prescribing painkillers and other drugs to two patients other than Benoit.

Old Post 09-06-2007 02:23 AM
Time: 09:45 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Sports & Recreation > Professional Wrestling > Chris Benoit is dead
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: