Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Heroes > Characters: Powers, speculations, organizations, etc...
Search this Thread:
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

Local time: 09:31 AM

Characters: Powers, speculations, organizations, etc... post #1  quote:

HEROES:

Hiro (Chronokinesis) - Has chronokenisis, he can move through and warp time. He has now seen the future and knows where and what he must do. It will be his struggle to be brave enough to do what he must. He fainted in Issac's loft when the cops came in. He will have to find his courage and strength. What a twist. Hiro has truly become or will become a super-Hiro. Showing up on the subway with long hair, perfect english and a katana sword. Amazing. This Ninja version of Hiro is from the future, however I think he has travelled back in time to prepare himself. He had to have time to learn English, grow his hair and train with a sword, which has the SGS on the hilt. Why a sword? I saw this idea in another thread, guns would not work when he stops time. The bullet wouldn't move, but a sword will.(iiiHuman) I wonder how many versions of Hiro we will see throughout the show. Where does Ando play into all of this? Does he survive? Or is his death the moment that Hiro 'grows up'? His character gets better and better. Oh wait Hiro knows he can cause 'rifts' in the time space continuum he knows he must be careful. He is realizing more and more that he must help people everywhere, its not just about saving the world. He needs to be a hero ALL the time. Now it is apparent that he will go back and change things, or 'do-overs' as Ando said. Hiro is really coming into his own. He will start to shape up and start training his body for Hero duty. Helping D.L. Really wore him out. Hiro will learn fluent English from Charlie. She speaks Japanese and she will be the one who teaches Hiro English. But in a wierd twist it is going to be Hiro that teaches her Japanese. So Hiro still did not save Charlie. She is still dead. Here is my question....when is Hiro? Not where, but WHEN. The new waitress at the Burnt Toast told Ando that Hiro 'popped' out on Charlie a few weeks back, popped out to WHEN? So 'when/ where' did he go? I also give up on the Katana head slice.....uncle! I thought Ando would be the sacrifice that would make Hiro grow up a bit, instead it was Charlie. He popped out on CHarlie and ended up back in Tokyo. Obviously before the original meeting in Midland, if not Ando would have been at that diner for a very long time waiting for Hiro to take the bus back. He cannot change the past but he went back and gave Peter instructions to save Claire. So possibly he cannot change th past himself. He just leaves clues...

Peter Petrelli (Power Absorbsion) - is an empath and feeds off of other super-genomes powers ala Rogue (without hurting the other person). I compare him to Rogue because the GENERAL AUDIENCES know her ability. I KNOW it is not EXACTLY the same power. He can fly when around Nathan, see the future with Issac. During the end of the show when Hiro stopped time, Peter could still move, because he was borrowing Hiro's power. How he and Nathan play out together or against eachother should be interesting. They are going to be against eachother, who didn't see that coming. They will eventually come back and be brothers again after some trials. Their father's 3 suicide attempts are also an interesting point. Peter made the comment to Mohinder that sons are just cheap knockoffs of their fathers, Mr. Petrelli had/ has abilities as well. Peter will partner with Issac Mendez soon after the meeting with Hiro and the 'message'. With his power Peter can now help Issac see and paint the future without Issac having to do drugs. This I think will help Issac and Simone re-unite eventually. Peter is starting to come into his own. He knows now that he has some pull with Nathan, even if it is to 'out' him. He doesn't even believe Nathan now about flying. What a hero he was tonite. He knew he was powerless without any other SG's around and he still went to save Claire. He is the 'heart' of the show he is dedicated to this purpose. Mr. Bennet is going to be the one who saves Peter from the OPD. Claire will get Mr. Bennet to help him. His arrest will cause Nathan some heartache with his campaign....Knew about the accident as it happened. He saw every detail. This is another aspect of his ability. The empathic side. Wanted to protect his father until Nathan's accident.

Claire Bennet (Tissue Re-generation) - I think she is the key to the entire show. She has developed the ability that Sylar fears the most-indestructibility. His plans seem bent on destroying civilization but she could withstand that. Claire died and couldn't come back because her brain was still injured or her skin couldn't heal. It ties back into the missing brains. Possibly the only weakness for the super-genomes is to lose their brain or have permanent brain damage. Mr. Bennet knows everything about her and is going to use her in some way. SAVE THE CHEERLEADER, SAVE THE WORLD. Need I say more? Claire IS the key to the show. I called that two weeks ago. Mr. Bennet knows EVERYTHING about Claire. She will come to trust him more and more. Those people were not her bio-parents, obviously. Lyle, her brother may be adopted as well. He reacted very quickly when Claire told him that his parent's would think it was a mistake. So she was taken in by Mr. Bennet when she was three. Which means that her Mrs. Bennet's memory HAS been messed with. Claire was never an infant that had "a cough". Claire is finally growing up. She has realized who is important in her life and who she can trust and that she is not alone. I think she will be leaving school soon. She will help Peter with his arrest in connection with Jackie's death...Not Sylar's daughter. Which still lets my Walker family connection limp along.

Isaac (Prophecy) - He knows what is coming. He can see the future. He knows what has to be done in order to stop the attack on NYC. It is also why we saw him dead in his loft. Simone will play a part as well but to what end yet, we don't know. It has also been confirmed that Issac has been writing the comic book for a while. The blind eyes while he paints was pretty cool. Issac made the statement that he is going to be a hero. He has made the decision to work for the good of mankind and accepted his role, even though the heroin use could claim his life. Selflessness. Eden will now try to seduce Issac into helping her so she can 'bring him in'. Will be working with Mr. Bennet. He will also get clean with the help of OWI. How will he learn to paint without the drugs? Heroin is a facilitator of his abilities. What can he learn from OWI to control his abilities. What was that painting they showed? It looked like a 'human torch' kind of person. Is he going to continue to help the OWI? Does he have a choice with Eden around....How long will he continue to cooperate, at some point he has to go back to the loft...NO NEW INFOCheck out ISAAC'S GALLERY in this thread.

Matt Parkman (Telepathy) - He is the one who will figure out the connection between Claire and the dead family. He does want to be a detective after all. This is why he is seen being interrogated by Mr. Bennet, Matt has been digging a little too deep for the truth. He will start working the Sylar case with the blonde agent. After he gets away from Bennet and MM. She needs to solve this case and no one believes her theory on Sylar. Parkman's abilities are strong, even with MM standing there blocking his thoughts, Parkman creeped into Mr. Bennet's mind and heard 'Claire'. That took Bennet by suprise. He said that Parkman was further along then they thought. Parkman's powers did not start until he encountered Molly Walker. She may be the catalyst that kick starts his abilities.(redvector) It looks like Parkman has quite the ability. Almost to the point where he cannot control his power yet. This is going to overwhelm him and he will start searching for Mr. Bennet while tracking Sylar down with Audrey. Marked by the OWI. Matt is a good guy but will he his wife eventually? He truly loves her. I think he will discover Ted's OWI mark and will work with him to uncover that secret as well as track Sylar down. Why does Audrey accept his abilities so well? Has she seen others? Parkman is going to leave his wife for now and work with Audrey. Started hearing Janice's voice however I don't think he noticed.

Micah (Healer) - From the get go we have known that Micah was super intelligent now we know that he has his own ability, techno-kenesis. He can control technology. He fixed the logic board on his computer and fixed the phone at the hotel. He knows about Jessica and has for a while. He now knows about Hiro and his abilities. It seems that Micah knows more SG's than anyone. I think he will still be the one who breaks the SG code on Chandra Suresh's computer. Will go back to help Niki and 'reconnect' his parents.

D.L. (Phasing) - I believe that D.L. is on the run because he has escaped from prison. Why was he in prison? I think he was caught burying some of Niki's victims in the desert and got fingered for the job (incorrect)(confirmed he was framed by Jessica. The police probably arrested him on suspicion of muder/ theft). He could be a phase shifter and can move through objects, a good way to escape prison. He will be a good hero and his son Micah will help save the day with his intelligence, he will solve the the computer genome code that Mohinder can't break (Vampyre). So D.L. is on the run for supposedly killing his gang members and dissapearing with $2,000,000. Jessica had everything to do with that. D.L. is a good guy he just needs to run from N/J for the moment. D.L. will be shot at by Jessica but will be saved by Niki. Shehas to break free of Jessica, she loves D.L. too much.Really is a good man. What turned Jessica against him?

Charlie (SuperMemory) - She is the one who will teach Hiro his fluent English. Can Hiro save her. The picture of her and Hiro made it look like he had tried over and over and knew that she could not escape and hide her destiny. It is part of why f_Hiro is seems so serious, he has seen death and cannot stop it. She is still dead, it seems that Hiro cannot stop her death...I love the fact that a waitress has super memory. It fits her character perfectly!They did not say how Charlie died but I suspect that after Hiro dissapeared that she had the brain anurism and died. I don't think Sylar got her this time...

VILLIANS:

Sylar aka Gabriel Gray - Patient Zero. He was Chandra's first identified super-genome. Possibly, and I say possibly, involved/ created with a clandestine organization (Dr. Giggles). Sylar uses power for evil and kills other super-genomes so no one can stop his plans. Once Dr. Chandra Suresh discovered Sylar's powers and the super-genome pattern and a way to trace it Sylar started using him to help find others with the same super-genome so he could kill them. Why? We don't know yet. Sylar wanted to kill Dr. Suresh once the doctor stopped helping him with his "hunger". Well its seems we have seen him and it looks as though he does possess very strong TK. How did he get into the FBI? Did he teleport? The appearance of 'Sylar' in Issac's painting is quite interesting. So the Shadowman IS Sylar (I was wrong). Seems he is on a quest to kill all SG's regardless of who they are. He is on a CRUSADE perhaps to end the evolution, but WHY? Was he after Claire's parents 14 years ago? Did something go wrong? If Sylar is going to be Zachary Quinto what does that mean for the character. How does that change his caharcater and his background? ZQ is not 44 years old...What a powerful character. He took the same fall with Peter and lived to talk about it. His abilities are amazing, just sawing open the skull with a flick of his finger...if he can do that what can't he do, including 'flying'. He was up those steps and next to Peter quick! I am a little dissapointed that he was taken by Eden and the Hatian so easily. Seems we get a glimpse of him in the next episode working with Chandra. What caused his hunger...who is he.....what is with the tick tock noise and the watch...is he on a time schedule? There is a major hint in there...This is a theory from dataguru1971: Sylar may not the villian's real name. The watch that he wears is actually a 'Sylar' brand watch. This is the clue to help figure out who he really is. In Epi 2, the "last words of a dying man" (in Barstow) was Sylar. The watch face could have been the last thing this victim saw, thus branding the name "sylar" onto the villain. Who Sylar really is remains a mystery, for now. We do know that the character "Sylar" is the one committing the murders, and the one the FBI are hunting and recently captured by the OWI. Sylar is trying to fix everyone. He is very meticulous and sees how things work. Does he actually have an ability,. I think he does..he was on Chandra's list and why would he be if he wasn't an SG. The watchmaker's son is now watching all of the others. How did he steal Brian Davis' ability. I know it is not about eating the brains, that just cannot be it. Obviously the writers changed Sylar's story because he was set up to be older but that is no longer the case. How will he escape the OWI? Will he kill Eden? Will he take her ability as well? He would very powerful with it.

Old Post 12-04-2006 11:59 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #2  quote:

UNKNOWNS:

Nathan Petrelli (Flight) - Nathan can fly. Nathan has a sick wife and two boys? What kind of illness does his wife have? This is the first we have heard of her. He is using Mr. Linderman's $$$ to win the election. Linderman and Nathan's father were in business together. Nathan admitted that Linderman 'owned' his father. Linderman is going to use the video of Nathan and Niki sleeping together as blackmail. It is with Linderman's help that Nathan would win the election by a landslide, because as of right now he is down 8 points in the polls. Why do MM and Bennet only take Nathan? How did they know he was there? So Nathan can fly and FAST. The reason he can leverage against Ms. Sakamoto and Linderman is because Hiro told him he won the election. He knows he needs $$ to win. So 4 million will do nicely. The accident with his wife was Nathan's fault. I truly think that he took her for a flight and dropped her accidentally. She knows that he is lying about Vegas. Why did Nathan lie to Peter about the painting? From the conversation he had with Linderman it sounds as though Nathan is getting it delivered to a 'gallery'. A real jerk tonite. I know his motives are only to save himself, but will he come to Peter's rescue after the arrest?Prosecuting Linderman and in the process taking his father down. Their father's death was not a suicide, I am beginning to believe that Linderman had him killed, knowing that would scare Nathan off. What was Mr. Petrelli to Linderman? Consiglieri? Okay okay so Nathan did not take Heidi on a flight. I was wrong, but his ability was one of the factors of her injuries.

Niki/ Jessica (Alter Ego/ Super Strength) - Where did this split personality come from does Niki have any abilities or is it just Jessica? Niki will be the hero who will need redemption at the end and I think Micah will help her turn back to the good side. The ring re-inforces the idea that Niki was killing all of D.L.'s gang buddies and D.L. got the rap. Niki DOES NOT have the SGS tattooed on her back but her alter-ego, Jessica, does. Interesting. Jessica, is scary and bada** and it is about time we saw her. Jessica has the tattoo of the SGS. We once again see how smart Micah is, he knows what his mom does and it breaks Niki's heart. It seems that Niki is SCARED of DL. When in fact she should be scared of herself. CONFIRMED- Jessica killed the crew and took the cash. She was also obviously the one who killed the poker players.Jessica is palnning on KILLING DL. I think that confrontation will bring Niki back. Jessica may have to be 'killed' herself, but Niki will have to make that choice. In the painting of Niki, Issac sees both Nikis. Her SGS was covered in paint. I think Issac wiping it off signifies her choosing the darker path and acceptance of her alter-Niki. WHO is Jessica? Was she Niki's twin sister? Does she have astral projection? What does Niki's father have to do with all of this? Was she a part of a nasty accident....What if there were twins? One had super strength and one had astral projection? One twin died and moved herself into the other until the time was right? Niki and Jessica were twins each with their own abilities. Niki with super strength and Jessica with astral projection. Daddy Sander's caused Jessica's death but she projected herself into Niki before she died. She waited dormant in Niki until something 6 months ago caused her to wake up. Now she is using Niki's body and super strength abilities for her own agenda to protect Micah unlike her father who didn't protect her and let her die. That is why she is SO protective of Micah.Jessica was protecting Niki when they were young and she will continue to be protective until Niki takes control. Their father was the cause of Jessica's death and I truly feel she projected herself into Niki. Niki would not have the memories unless Jessica was there. MPD is not the answer. Astral Projection is. Did she kill D.L.?

Ted Sprague (Radiation Control) - So he does not 'boil water' he controls radiant energy. His wife died due to radiation poisoning which was his fault. He is NOT Sylar. A simple case of mistaken identity thats all. He has been tagged and released by the OWI. Those marks that both Matt and he had are the 'tracking marks'. I think he may be the cause of the blast in NYC, I say MAY BE. He foreshadowed as much. Will he turn out to be a good guy or bad, wait and see.....He just needs help for the time being. He cannot control his ability.Ted like all of them just wants answers. Where did Ted go?

Uluru (Invincibility) - Who? The monster on the front cover of the 9th Wonders issue that Micah was reading at school. He was also on Hiro's desktop. I think he/it will be the end all be all battle. Either created or controlled by Sylar. This beast will become important. Issac had a painting of him which was in the group of paintings Simone was taking to sell. The reference of Uluru again with Micah, what does that mean?

Mr. Linderman - He is a very mysterious guy. Wasn't he in the meeting with Niki, he wasn't going to meet with Nathan. Where is he? Does he have abilities? He wants to bribe Nathan for political gain. With $2,000,000. Where have we heard this amount before? D.L. Supposedly killed his gang and dissapeared with how much money? Oh, $2,000,000. Coincidence? Now here is a speculative thought. He is trying to donate $2,000,000 to Nathan's campaign. The exact same amount that D.L. supposedly ran off with after killing his gang members. I do not think that is coincidental. Niki, DL and Linderman were all connected beforehand.

What if Nathan doesn't want to take the money and be 'owned' by Linderman? Well, then a certain video of him having an affair with Niki becomes public. Bye bye political career/ family. Nathan is 'owned' by Linderman already, just like daddy dearest. Seems Nathan has his own ideas about the money, now asking for $4,000,000. I am going to change this thought. I think Linderman WAS going to bribe Nathan with $2,000,000. However, alter-Niki stole that money. Now Linderman has no money to bribe Nathan with, therefore he plans on using the videotape to bribe him with.

Linderman and Petrelli Sr. were friends, business partners. Petrelli Sr. was his lawyer, protecting Linderman. But why? I still think Petrelli Sr. had an ability and Linderman leveraged that against him, plus possible threats against his family. Linderman could still be the money behind OWI.

INDIA:

Mohinder Suresh (none as yet) - Will end up being the brains behind this team of heros. He has all of the research from his father. He will uncover who killed his father and why. What does the key from the computer unlock? Will Mohinder go back to India now? We see him in the preview after the marathon on Sunday and it seems that way. There was a quick shot of him walking away from a bald man that looked very much like his father (the Erick Avari version). It seems that he does not believe Peter in anyway and will have to find his way again after India. He is being played by Eden. He will be back soon as she said. I think he will go to India and find some secrets out about his father and realize that he MUST go back. Funny how the computer kept asking if Mohinder wanted to quit. Not quit the program but quit searching for answers. He now feels guilt for the way he and father interacted. Mohinder is going to go back and finish what his father started. It is the only way to make peace with Chandra...The fact his sister Shanti was "special" opens the door for him to be as well... Mohinder wanted to work with his father but was shunned. Now we know why he was so against his work. He was upset that his father wouldn't let him help. Sanjog was helping Mohinder find his way. Clearing Mohinder's mind so he could make a clear scientific decision to continue his father's work...he is on the way back to America...I think all of Mohinder's monologues and epilogues in the show are actually excerpts from Chandra's book Activating Evolution.

Dr. Chandra Suresh - I think he is still alive. Where he is and who he is with I have my suspicions. After ep 3 we saw his picture on the back of his book. The actor's name is Erick Avari. A very well known and accomplished actor. Why use such a person if the character is dead anyways? They cast this role for an actor to play. We will see him again. They changed his picture again. This is very confusing. Why would they keep changing that. Also Mohinder said that his father's body was mis-filed and it took a while to identify him. What is that all about? He was killed in his cab, with his cab drivers ID in the cab. Why would they call him a John Doe and mis-file his body? I still think he will appear on the show. Well we finally saw Chandra in the flesh. Sylar was the case of death and Sylar used his hands and not his abilities. It was a personal killing. I still think Chandra will be saved or is alive somewhere, he and Mohinder have to make peace. Chandra was so desperate to prove himself right. Everyone doubted him except for Mohinder...and he is the one that Chandra rebuffed to protect him. His program worked. He had found the SG's and that is why he was in America to contact them and help them control their gifts. Chandra DID create Sylar. It is because of his research that Sylar wanted more power. He was Chandra's patient zero because he was the first contact Chandra made.

Activating Evolution - Chandra Suresh's book. I think ALL of Mohinder's monologues and epilogues are selections from Chandra's book. These are actually Chandra's thoughts, words and viewpoints...Here is a link to a thread with the quoted selections.

Shanti Suresh (unknown) - Mohinder's sister who died at the age of 5 when Mohinder was 2. She had an ability and was most likely the reason Chandra statred his research. The fact she has an ability opens the door for Mohinder to have one as well.

Sanjog Iyer (Dreamwalker) - The young boy helping Mohinder see into the past. The question is WHY is he helping Mohinder? Does Chandra's research hold the key, pun intended, to helping Sanjog? How did he know Mohinder would come to him?

Mira - Mohinder's ex-girlfriend. Into genetics research as well.

Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #3  quote:

OWI:

OWI - The Organization Without Initials. A clandestine group who is targeting SG's for their abilities. They are tracking and catalogueing them for unknown reasons. They are possibly a government entity or funded my Mr. Linderman. Primatech Paper is the front company, once again possibly owned by Mr. Linderman. Have been studying SG's for at least 14 years. They have SG's working for them. Once they identify a super-genome individual, either the Haitian or Eden use their abilites to bring them in. They leave a strange mark on SG's to identify and track them. They are not 'activating' or 'enhancing' anyone's abilities. I think they try to find them before the abilities begin...What other SG's could the OWI have in their arsenal? A teleporter would explain Mr. Bennet's ability to show up when and where he needed too as well as the Haitian's appearances out of nowhere.

Mr. Bennet - He is working for a clandestine organization possibly trying to put the genie back in the bottle, aka Sylar himself. What are their plans? Who knows. Confirmed he is with a mysterious organization (OWI). Mr. Bennet is most definitley a good man. His motives and actions may be unconventionale but he knows that Claire must be protected at any cost. How many other people has MM hollowed out like Brody the QB? Who did Bennet save Claire from. The OWI was tracking a SG whom didn't take to kindly to Bennet poking around. Was it Sylar? Wow was he upset with Mrs. Bennet or what? Claire trusts him now, what will he do? Tell her everything? Bring in her in to be part of OWI. Hollow her out? He will help Peter out after Claire asks him to. Was doing his research long before he talked to Chandra. He found the talk with Chandra 'very educational' which brings to light that Chandra's research was far beyond what OWI had discovered to that point. Why does he want to protect Claire so badly, aside from the fact that she is his daughter. Who's daughter is she really? Not Sylar's as suspected.

Eden McCain (Suggestion) - How convenient for her to show up in the nick of time to help Mohinder. We all know she is duplicitous. She is working with Mr. Bennet and his organization, we see her with Mr. Bennet in one of the upcoming previews when he is talking to Issac. She is his plant to get information from Mohinder. He is more valuable to Mr. Bennet alive than dead. She was the one who tipped them off about Sylar's apartment. She is the one trying to keep Mohinder in NYC and to talk to Peter, where there is smoke there is fire. Her betrayal will have an impact on Mohinder, but I imagine them becoming a couple down the line, way down the line. CONFIRMED- She is with Mr. Bennet and the organization without initials (OWI).How did she convince Issac to go with her? The 'team' must have been involved in order to bring all of Issac's work with them.The power of persuasion. What was Eden before Bennet found her? Stripper, prostitute, con-artist? The power of persuasion would do well in each of those professions. She knows what the OWI is for the good of man yet she doesn't seem to agree with the methods. She is not afraid of Mr. Bennet, why should she be. She Convinced our villian Sylar that he didn't weant to hurt her, why can't she do the same to Mr. Bennet? Does he have some time of failsafes against his own team? She is cool and collected but has some moral fiber as well. She told Mr. Bennet that she would never 'do that again'? How many other SG's has she used her abilities against for the good of the OWI. Is there a moral delemnia with that. Did she purposely let Mohinder go? It is obvious that she can persuade anyone, why did she not use her ability on him? Was she feeling guilty? I think she wanted to see if she could make Mohinder come back without uising her abilities.A flat out con-artist/ criminal. Bennet really did give her a second chance. Is she thankful or resentful? She may be the hero that dies in the Sylar escape. I hope not though

The Haitian (MM) (Power Dampener/ Mind Control) - Who is he? Working with Mr. Bennet and the read-head. He was sent to follow Parkman by the red-headed agent after Parkman's display of powers at the FBI HQ. He is wears a necklace with a SGS charm and seems to be able to avoid having his mind read. He seems to be trained to use his power. Confirmed that he is with Mr. Bennet. He is still a mystery though, hence the name, I would suspect. So no feedback ability just the ability to wipe people's minds. Hollow them out as Mr. Bennet says. This is the best place to talk about Brody. I think this confirms that with MM in his Mr. Bennet can make people dissapear or think that they saw things. It goes back to the homeless man on the street last week. People think they are crazy but in thruth they have literally lost their minds. Once again he just popped out of nowhere, he is one cool dude. Can't wait to hear him speak. What if he does not speak at all... How did he know where Eden was going to be and how did he just appear out of thin air again? Are we ever going to hear his voice? I have changed his ability to a power dampener/ mind control.

Agent Elisa Thayer/ Read-Head Agent - She is OWI connected. Parkman had a line in ep 2 that said she was too well dressed for FBI. I think she is in league Mr. Bennet's organization, OWI. She was the one watching the interview at FBI HQ. With her knowledge of Parkman's powers she/ Bennet had MM follow him to see what he would do and what he knows. We haven't seen her recently but I am sure we will soon. As soon as Matt and Ted started talking about the Haitian she busted in that door. She is covering for Bennet/ OWI.

OWI Tag: //- The marks on the neck of Matt and Ted Sprague. They signify being picked up and catalogued by Mr. Bennet and the OWOI. This is not a de-marcation of 'natural' SG or 'created' SG. It just marks who has been tagged.

SUPPORTING CHARACTERS:

Ando - He is the Robin to Hiro's Batman. He is also a hero just a reluctant one. Hiro told him that just because he didn't have abilities didn't mean he couldn't be a hero. After the events in the diner he is a solid companion. He is just there waiting for Hiro. His comment that he is nothing without Hiro doesn't hold water. Ando will continue to be Hiro's partner. I hope nothing happens to him.

Simone - Does she have an ability? I think she just might...How is she connected to Nathan? She was at his campaign speech. I think her father, the Petrelli's father and Mr. Linderman were all in business together....

Audrey Hansen - FBI. When Audrey, is letting Parkman hear her thoughts, she says something to the effect of 'come on Parkman, I need this more than you do'. Audrey needs an ally in the investigation. Which means she has a theory about Sylar but others are keeping her ideas from going anywhere. She 'pulled' the Sylar case. Why this case why her? Is she somehow connected to these murders? Audrey seems to be very comfortable and accepting of these people with abilities. Did she grow up in a SG family?

Heidi Petrelli - I think her accident was caused by Nathan's abilities. I think he took her out on a romantic flight and something happened. That is why Nathan feels guilty.Could I be more wrong? His flight did in part cause her injuries. She is very supportive of Peter though.

Janice Parkman - Matt is going to leave her for a while to follow this case. I think they will eventually split.

Zach - The gay character on the show. I believe he is from all of his comments to Claire. He really likes Claire and wants her to feel right about her self and know who she is. He is a good friend.

Jackie - Let's get to the painting of 'Sylar' shall we....Vampyre brought up a great theory on the board. What if Jackie, the snotty cheerleader, becomes the victim because she claimed she saved the man on the train? What if during the Homecoming dance Sylar shows up looking for the 'cheerleader' and kills Jackie instead, giving Hiro, Ando and Peter time to run with Claire? I think the cheerleader that Peter painted is Jackie with the top of her head missing and blood everywhere.

Jessalyn Gilsig/Unknown Character - What is her power? Fire maybe? Human torch painting?

MISCELLANEOUS:

The Symbol- It is everywhere throughout the show. From here on out known as the SGS=super-genome symbol. (Dr.G.)What does the SGS symbolize? It is my opinion that the SGS denotes the super genome that seperates the heroes from the ordinary people. It is half of a double helix and the key to their abilities. Here is a complete list of places the SGS has been seen: in the computer code, in the pool at the Walker murder scene, on Peter's stick drawing, in Issac's loft, MM's necklace, the cover of Dr. Suresh's book, Claire's geometry book, all the SG's on Sylar's map, tattoo on BadNiki's back (but not goodNiki) and on future Hiro's sword hilt, on Micah's comic book, on the painting of Niki in Issac's loft. The only remaining people we have not seen it around to this point now are Nathan, D.L. and Ted sprague. Symbol located on the Greyhound Bus Stop sign where Micah was hiding.

Symbolism in the show - There has been many references and discussions on the board about symbolism. One centers around the color of red and another is about circles. This show is full of these types of references. Circles are the sign of evolution which this show is ALL about. The heroes have gotten their power from evolution, plain and simple no gamma rays, no experiments, pure evolution. Circles do seem to keep popping up here and there. The discussion about RED(flickeringstarlight) at first seemed like coincidence but as you go back and look at the episodes there is something to that as well. Red represents power. Humans gaining POWER through EVOLUTION...that is what Heores is all about.

Source of Abilities - EVOLUTION. Tim Kring has stated as much.

Hero Connections - The connections were explained last week at the beginning of the show in Mohinder's monologue. "When a change comes, some species feel the need to migrate. They call it zugunruhe. A pull of the soul to a far off place. Following a scent in the wind, a star in the sky. The message comes calling them to gather together in hopes they can survive the cruel season to come." The heroes are a new species and are coming together naturally to save the day.

Train wreck - This may be the source of the material for the explosion in NYC. The train that Claire saved the man from was owned by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Was Sprague part of this accident?

The Walker Family (Molly/Locator, Mr. Walker/unknown) - Claire's biological parents (the Walkers) were not both super-genome. I think it was just her father. I say WERE because they are the dead family in L.A. this I am certain of. I don't see them throwing in a random family for no reason. All of the SG's are connected in some way. They gave Claire up in fear for her life and she just happened to adopted by Mr. Bennet. Her little sister, Molly Walker will most likely have the super-genome as well, possibly a power locator or enhancer (redvector). They knew someone would come after her, thats why she was hidden away under the stairs. Remember the Red-Head agent said Molly Walker was the priority when they were at the crime scene. Why? Because Sylar couldn't find her and is still looking for her. What does Sylar want with her? If she is a locator, she would be a huge gain. When you go back to the Walker home and look at the father does it look like something is amiss? It seems to me that he looked like he was literally frozen as well as FROZEN in TIME at the time of death. The bio-parents theory is still in play. However, if what Mr. Bennet said is true about Claire's parents 14 years ago IS true this theory will be out the window. Just no proof either way yet.

Crazy Homeless Man (unknown) - I think he is someone who has had a visit from Mr. Bennet and the MM. He is hearing voices in his head because he has been 'hollowed out' but still has some latent memories. He was saying 'they are everywhere'. Showing him was no mere coincidence. There is no coincidence on TV it is all planned out with a purpose.

In the end all of the heroes will come together to help save Claire and then she will be the only one that can stop Sylar and the attack on NYC.

Quick Guide to Commonly Used Abbreviations:
UT = Unified Theory
MM = The Haitian
SGS = Super-Genome Symbol
SG = Super-Genome
BWM = Ted Sprague
OWI = Organization Without Initials
Jessica = Niki's SG side
f_Hiro = Hiro from the future
HRG = Mr. Bennet (Horned Rimmed Glasses)
RHA = Red Headed Agent

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #4  quote:

Excellent

We have to go through and update this after tonights show.

If anyone has newer info. post it and we will update our main post above.

-HECK!

Old Post 12-05-2006 12:17 AM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #5  quote:

Yes... we will need to update it. And if someone wants to go through and edit each persons info, feel free. It doesn't have to be like this. It could be just their powers, observations, speculations, etc...

Old Post 12-05-2006 02:46 AM
Time: 05:31 PM Post New Thread   
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Heroes > Characters: Powers, speculations, organizations, etc...
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: