Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > Feedback > Flamers' Ward > Welcome to the Flamers' Ward
Search this Thread:
Pages (4):  [1] 23 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

Local time: 12:20 PM

Welcome to the Flamers' Ward post #1  quote:

It is here you will find our forum's top flamers who find it difficult to function in our normal society. Ultimately those guilty of immorally encroaching upon their peer's sense of virtual utopia are sent here to duke it out with one unfortunate enough to become a flamer's victim.

Some of what you may find here is creative - most of it is not. In nearly all cases, it is very pitiful.

Perhaps out of sheer boredom you are here for a stroll amongst the dejected found within these halls, but it is much more likely that you are here to visit a patient of the ward or are a patient yourself.

In either case, we welcome you to INReview's little corner of archaic communication. Let the inconsequential deliberation begin.

PLEASE NOTE: If you are offended by the material you find here - don't read it.

Old Post 06-25-2003 10:46 PM
Click here to Send Marc Flemming a Private Message View Marc Flemming's Journal Visit Marc Flemming's homepage! Find more posts by Marc Flemming Add Marc Flemming to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Arccaster
Enthusiast

Local time: 04:20 PM
Location: Off shore in international water, with diplomatic immunity

post #2  quote:

Hello Hello. I am here visiting the flamer's ward and I like it so far its banging an off the hook baby! Well heres my peeve its when a thread is started on a certain subjects then next thing you know it flys way the fook off topic or becomes a chat spot.
Then you dont feel like posting any thing at all or coming back to the topic or thread because of all the bs that is being said about nothing.
Damn if these individuals want to chat , there is link on top of the page to click on to and it takes you directly to live chatting place you can't get any better than that.
Instead of wasting band width with ******** posting. Thats my opinion, some will agree some won't let the flames fly eh!

Old Post 06-26-2003 09:46 AM
Click here to Send Arccaster a Private Message Find more posts by Arccaster Add Arccaster to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Arccaster REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

Local time: 02:20 PM

post #3  quote:

No...the worst is when a thread is opened up about a particular subject...and there are many other threads that apply to different subjects. But the perons that opened up the one thread wont post on anything but their thread...even though it applies to other threads already open, thus making you have to repeat yourself twice on two different threads. its ridiculous!!! You tell them to move it to the approriate thread...but they get mad, and say they didnt know what thread to put it on. Well that happens when you dont read any other ones but your own.

Old Post 06-26-2003 08:31 PM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

bitwiz44
Banned

Cool In Review Complaint Dept. post #4  quote:

I guess i miss read marc's Post. I thought its was for 'Flaming" at each other. A place where MJ could Let it all out...Then Return back and post Peaceful and proper..

Can You Get points in here? BTW..I can never get the 'Chat " area going.

Old Post 06-26-2003 08:45 PM
Click here to Send bitwiz44 a Private Message Find more posts by bitwiz44 Add bitwiz44 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore bitwiz44 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Mike James
The One... and the Two

post #5  quote:

Bitwiz... the Flamers Ward is an Anarchist forum. This is where moderators will move posts that have gotten off topic and turned into fights and flames.

There will be no warning points given here in the Flamer's Ward. Every man for himself, may the best survive.

This forum is NOT a reason to start flaming. Rather, its a place where we can make sure arguments can be settled by the parties involved OUT of the line of fire of other peaceful forum members.

In your service,
Michael
INReview Crew

Old Post 06-26-2003 08:57 PM
Click here to Send Mike James a Private Message View Mike James's Journal Visit Mike James's homepage! Find more posts by Mike James Add Mike James to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #6  quote:

cant we just make comments on things that bug us though? That way we are venting here and not on the thread where it doesnt belong? If not...then I retract my statement....and Im sorry for putting it here....Ill just bang my head against my own wall at home instead!! (just kidding).

Old Post 06-26-2003 09:29 PM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Mike James
The One... and the Two

post #7  quote:

Yes. Like I said, anarchy. Anything goes. I could say... to hell with you all! HAHAHAHA! Marc and Sean bug be to death! HAHAHAHAHA!

Of course, I wouldn't, because I love you guys (especially Marc and Sean).... but I could. Because this is the flaming forum...

- Michael

Old Post 06-26-2003 09:32 PM
Click here to Send Mike James a Private Message View Mike James's Journal Visit Mike James's homepage! Find more posts by Mike James Add Mike James to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

post #8  quote:

you all can go to hell. (tee hee) *ahem*

Old Post 06-26-2003 09:57 PM
Click here to Send Marc Flemming a Private Message View Marc Flemming's Journal Visit Marc Flemming's homepage! Find more posts by Marc Flemming Add Marc Flemming to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Staff
Mike James
The One... and the Two

post #9  quote:

God loves you...

Old Post 06-27-2003 12:36 AM

Arccaster
Enthusiast

Local time: 04:20 PM
Location: Off shore in international water, with diplomatic immunity

post #10  quote:

Mother Fooker , I have been to hell and back try to sort out the threads in some of the forums, I have wade mindless post to only find nothing of value.
Sure it may sound like I am *****ing, maybe I am , so what eh this is the flamer section and I am flaming about mindless content on some post , I am not recommending any steps be taken to rectify the situation. I am just stating the situation.

I would have to agree with Mystic 100%

Old Post 06-27-2003 01:21 AM
Click here to Send Arccaster a Private Message Find more posts by Arccaster Add Arccaster to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Arccaster REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

[7]
Veteran

post #11  quote:

the pandoras box just opened....

Old Post 06-27-2003 10:22 PM
Click here to Send [7] a Private Message Find more posts by [7] Add [7] to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore [7] REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Mike James
The One... and the Two

post #12  quote:

No... the pandoras box has been open for a long time... we just made sure the evils all flew to one place...

Old Post 06-28-2003 04:40 AM

[7]
Veteran

post #13  quote:

i think people are gonna see this as an opportunity to flame but well see what happens... its not a bad idea on paper

Old Post 06-28-2003 05:42 AM
Click here to Send [7] a Private Message Find more posts by [7] Add [7] to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore [7] REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Mike James
The One... and the Two

post #14  quote:

if they wanna flame, let em! well just stick em in here and let them carry on their stupid baby behavior out of sight and mind of everyone else...

Old Post 06-28-2003 05:44 AM

legend
Mastermind

post #15  quote:

Let the flaming begin.....

Old Post 06-28-2003 03:45 PM
Click here to Send legend a Private Message Find more posts by legend Add legend to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore legend REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

bitwiz44
Banned

Cool Experiment? post #16  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Mike James
if they wanna flame, let em! well just stick em in here and let them carry on their stupid baby behavior out of sight and mind of everyone else...

While Its clear that A few forum leaders view my opinions with negitivity.....

Marc is in business to sell items Like this Forum, Inreview Is a working 'Model" With Experiments in different areas and collected data. In review serves as Reference to potential clients that Want to have their own. Very good stratagy on Marc's part (or the person who talked him into this). He can "Fine tune" This model through many Experiments. Human behavor is in this Model...Like it or not.. Educational levels coupled with personallity traits and 'Primal" instincts Are componets of Human behavor. This could be the answer to the problems that have been plaging some topics. I am Still trying to get this point across thats is the topic and Who it attracts for discussion.

[7] Demostrated A Trait that most have. he comment to me after I stated I have failed Students for lack of true understanding. He replied 'if I did the work I should not Fail". Anyone Can Answer a question on a test, But not comprehend or have an "understanding" of the answer. Relate this Thought to the members...They went though the efforts of 'Looking" up the answer...Posted it...Did not 'Flavor" the post with true understanding so others would Comprehend...And Boom...instant Flame ups...Readers attack the poster...poster attacks back because " I did the work".

I look at this Experiment Two Ways..Some are not going to want to end up here...So they will Change. Others who do end up here can vent the 'primal" side of them and not polute the disscussion or thread topic. They Recieve no points here.

Im Not clear however, on how a Mod " Decides". but perhaps it goes like this.....A caution is Issued by the Mod to "stop" or take it here Before Points are issued. If the Members Continues to Flame... The mod moves those posts here and points are issued. If the flaming continues here...Ok..this the place to do it...If it continues in the thread..more points and post are moved here. The thread "topic" started Here may have that member or both members 'Handle" in the title. Keeps them neatly organized. Eliminates "why did they say to go pink?" To Clearly outline the "which posts got points" A mod can Install the point value somewhere on the post.

Hold Harmess Clause:
...If a member states in their post...Lets takes this to the flame ward...and the other member on the attack does not...

How is this handled? Hostile topics like LP Almost need a Mod on duty 24/7....To catch it early enough for this experiment to have been fully conducted..

Ok...Im done now..

Old Post 06-28-2003 04:39 PM
Click here to Send bitwiz44 a Private Message Find more posts by bitwiz44 Add bitwiz44 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore bitwiz44 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

bitwiz44
Banned

post #17  quote:

BTW...How come the lurker thread is still Closed?

Old Post 06-28-2003 04:44 PM

Staff
Mike James
The One... and the Two

post #18  quote:

First of all, this forum is still in development as we try to hone in on its usefulness. Basically, if flaming in a thread gets out of hand, the flaming posts will be split out of that thread and placed as a new thread in here. Members will be given points if the flaming continues in the original thread OR if the mods feel that something was SO bad that it should be warned before moving in here.

If a member says "lets take it to the flamers ward" then they should. or do it via PMs within reason (watch out for pm abuse) frankly, flaming should never start. but its an imperfect world, thus an imperfect forum, so its not the utopia of dreams. if you have a flame for somebody, say "hey dude, go to the flamers ward" and do it ALL there. with regard to flaming that has already started in a thread, once the "take it to the flamers ward" signal is issued, by a mod or a member of the flaming action, flaming CEACES in the original post. it moves to the flamers ward. any flaming past then is eligable for points.

and the lurkers thread is closed because it is pointless. show me a good reason why it should be opened up, and its opened up. PM me on that one please

and marc, sean, mods... feel free to comment on this post, as my words are not law, only vision. like is said, we're trying stuff out....

and you may all go to.... oh never mind its been said. =)

In your service,
Michael

Old Post 06-30-2003 05:42 AM

bitwiz44
Banned

Cool post #19  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Mike James
the lurkers thread is closed because it is pointless. show me a good reason why it should be opened up, and its opened up.

Your logic puzzles me. The other threads/posts became pointless...Yet they were re-opened.
What is the point to move them here if they will re-main Closed? Kinda Taints this experiment...Falls out side the 'Spirit" of this honing technique your refering to.

Old Post 06-30-2003 06:47 AM

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #20  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bitwiz44

Your logic puzzles me. The other threads/posts became pointless...Yet they were re-opened.
What is the point to move them here if they will re-main Closed? Kinda Taints this experiment...Falls out side the 'Spirit" of this honing technique your refering to.

Why is it so important for you to re-open that thread?? It was opened to lure other people into talking (a welcoming committee of some sorts..what ever it was, and had no business in the LP Threads...it was SO off topic). Actually it ended up as a flaming thread...isnt this what this is? No need for two of them.

Old Post 06-30-2003 07:08 AM

legend
Mastermind

post #21  quote:

I was just looking over the lurker's thread and I thought that it had some promise. To me, it looked like a nice thread where many people could just talk, not about anything in particular but just talk. I agree with bitwiz44 that it should be kept open for anyone to just start talking. Sometimes, I think that it is nice to have a thread where there is no specific subject or idea to talk about. Just having a place to talk with others is a good idea, and to me, it seems like the lurker's thread is exactly that.

Just my personal opinion.

--Brian

Old Post 07-01-2003 04:47 PM
Click here to Send legend a Private Message Find more posts by legend Add legend to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore legend REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #22  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by legend
I was just looking over the lurker's thread and I thought that it had some promise. To me, it looked like a nice thread where many people could just talk, not about anything in particular but just talk. I agree with bitwiz44 that it should be kept open for anyone to just start talking. Sometimes, I think that it is nice to have a thread where there is no specific subject or idea to talk about. Just having a place to talk with others is a good idea, and to me, it seems like the lurker's thread is exactly that.

Just my personal opinion.

--Brian

Isnt that the reason for the chat room? And where is it that you saw it was just a place to talk and it was a nice thead? Did you really bother to read it at all?? Ummm...if you didnt already know that thread was merely for bashing me towards the end of it...I see no need for it since the two main people who were on the attack are no longer here since they were banned out of this forum

BUT thats just my personal opinion.

A nice place to talk ...give me a break!

A suggestion...you might want to find out the story behind it before you go putting in your two cents.

Old Post 07-01-2003 06:41 PM

legend
Mastermind

post #23  quote:

Wow....I didn't mean to offend you by talking about the lurker's thread. I will just stop sharing my opinion if I am gonna get scolded. All I know is towards the end of it, I saw plenty of people sticking up for you and saying that they were being sarcastic. I am sorry for saying anything mystic. I will keep my mouth shut from here on out.

Everyone please disregard my post about the lurker's thread earlier, as I didn't know the story behind it before I put my two cents in. I just saw a thread that started out good until someone mentioned something about being harrassed by mystic. I do apologize if I saw any promise in that thread, as I knew nothing about it. It is my bad.

Thank you mystic for clearing that up for me.

--Legend (Brian)

Last edited by legend on 07-01-2003 at 09:34 PM |
Old Post 07-01-2003 09:30 PM

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #24  quote:

quote:
Wow....I didn't mean to offend you by talking about the lurker's thread. I will just stop sharing my opinion if I am gonna get scolded. All I know is towards the end of it, I saw plenty of people sticking up for you and saying that they were being sarcastic. I am sorry for saying anything mystic. I will keep my mouth shut from here on out.

Everyone please disregard my post about the lurker's thread earlier, as I didn't know the story behind it before I put my two cents in. I just saw a thread that started out good until someone mentioned something about being harrassed by mystic. I do apologize if I saw any promise in that thread, as I knew nothing about it. It is my bad.

Thank you mystic for clearing that up for me.

--Legend (Brian)

No...Im sorry...I didnt mean to come off that harsh...but this thread was closed awhile ago because we didnt have a flamers thread, and this sat on the Laci Peterson thread for a long time...it wasnt even needed in that forum. How would you like it if someone came into the Jason/Freddy forum and opened a thread that had NOTHING to do with the topic and then reverted to speaking harshly about one member? I dont think you realize the stuff that these two were saying to other members, that is the reason for others sticking up for me..because they, too, were the victims of these two people.

See after these two left the LP thread has gotten to a point where it has calmed down...you can actually state your opinion without being personally attacked, for the most part. No one is longer called b*tches, or retards or childish names. Yes..I feel a little bitter about it, and I dont wish to have it reopened, for I dont see the purpose of it anymore.

The LP thread was out of hand for a long time...that is why we needed moderators in there, and Mike and [7] saw no need for that particular thread. I trust their judgment, for they have shown great judgment so far and they saw the implications of keeping that open and closed it.

Look whether they decide to open it back up is certainly up to them...but I like anyone else am pleading my case to keep it closed. If you wish to PM me...I can tell you more..for iIcan not say everything on this post that I would like to.

Again, I apologize if I came off harsh...maybe you wil give me a chance to explain myself further.

Old Post 07-01-2003 10:05 PM

legend
Mastermind

post #25  quote:

I do understand the frustration about that thread. I apologize. If they say that there is no need for it, then I guess that is what is best. I do apologize once again. I didn't mean to start any type of arguement. My lips are sealed from here on out.

Old Post 07-01-2003 10:36 PM

bitwiz44
Banned

Cool Politics? post #26  quote:

quote:
I do understand the frustration about that thread. I apologize. If they say that there is no need for it, then I guess that is what is best. I do apologize once again. I didn't mean to start any type of arguement. My lips are sealed from here on out.

I don't. I have to admitt When i questioned why it was still closed i had no idea it was a trigger for mystic. I feel it should be open simply because the others are also. I really did not ask 'Because" of Mystic. But Mystic's aggressive behavor has now raised more questions. Does the policy in here 'Bend" in favor of Mystic and oppose the other members of the other threads? If so then why?

By not opening This back up because of Mystic's Demanding so, defeates The reason this Area was created. When Other posts are moved here, Someone will want the same "bending of policy" for them as Mystic Recieved.

Furthermore...I seriously believe Mystic is reading in to this Way more than she should. Unless of course She feels The forum should favor her over all others that may end up here. Yes she does spend 16 hours a day Average in here.

Old Post 07-02-2003 04:10 AM

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

Re: Politics? post #27  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bitwiz44

I don't. I have to admitt When i questioned why it was still closed i had no idea it was a trigger for mystic. I feel it should be open simply because the others are also. I really did not ask 'Because" of Mystic. But Mystic's aggressive behavor has now raised more questions. Does the policy in here 'Bend" in favor of Mystic and oppose the other members of the other threads? If so then why?

By not opening This back up because of Mystic's Demanding so, defeates The reason this Area was created. When Other posts are moved here, Someone will want the same "bending of policy" for them as Mystic Recieved.

Furthermore...I seriously believe Mystic is reading in to this Way more than she should. Unless of course She feels The forum should favor her over all others that may end up here. Yes she does spend 16 hours a day Average in here.

16 hours a day??? Not quite...and if I spend time on here its to get away from homework...which I have quite a bit...now that Im on vacation until August, I can do what I want...I dont need your permission Bit...and I believe the only reason you are mad at me is because I didnt back you in full to become a moderator....isnt that the case??? Didnt you e-mail me and whine about it..telling me that you were not treated fair? and then you pressed your anger out at the new moderators??

My aggressive behavior?? Bit...you do nothing but instigate arguments among people. you are really good at doing that. Umm...let me see..."cat fight" among other things...your posts are readily available for people to read and see the truth as are mine. Im not aggessive until I have to defend myself from people like MJ, and DLC, and obviously now you.

I have a right to state my case also...I have already stated that whether they reopen or not, is up to them...I dont care...but im gonna state my case against it.....just like you did. I dont look for extra favors bit, and nor do I care whether I get them or not...Im not like you...I dont whine over things unless they are PERSONAL attacks towards me...and I have that right to complain when Im picked out of a crowd.

Why dont you get over being mad at me already....see I never did anything to you....I guess Ill just move on also like everyone else...and then there will be hardly anyone in that forum...Oh thats right you suggested that the LP forum be closed...I forgot about that.

Why dont you stop and think about what you said about my aggressive behavior...show me where I have ever called anyone names? I hardly call my difference of opinion aggressive. Didnt you tell me that all the people on the Iraq thread were beating a dead horse also and that they are all aggressive? See not everyone jokes all the time like you...not everything is a joke. You state stuff completely off topic half the time..and you wonder why people dont take you seriously.

Old Post 07-02-2003 04:48 AM

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #28  quote:

you know what...re-open it!

Im outta here! I refuse to ever post in here again.

Maybe Bit can be the moderator of the new sexist or chauvanist forum....

Last edited by mystic on 07-02-2003 at 05:56 AM |
Old Post 07-02-2003 04:58 AM

bitwiz44
Banned

Cool PMS? post #29  quote:

Mercy...You would think someone who has over 2000 post could read correctly by now.

Mystic you keep coming back with is about "you". It did not start out about you...But now...you pulled yourself into it.

If I want to...I could pull of posts of yours where you have did this very same thing to others. Example...You stated Kimba was a quality poster...Come back Kimba..Etc...As as soon as she did...You sunk your teeth in her.

Your right Anyone intrested should take a close review of all your postings..There is a trend..Just watch the dates and time. The rest will speak for itself.

Re-opening the lurker thread was not about you...But I have to say "Now your included". A little while ago..I went back and re-read the lurker thread to See what is sticking in your.. Honerlaw was a Active new member...Did you even read was said?.. Your biting AGAIN for no reason. So which is Mystic? Are you so much better than Honorlaw, Kimba, MJ, DLC, ETC..Or anyone else that The MODs put here?

And Again..The Mod thing is Very old News Mystic...The Mod patrol in LP is doing just fine.

Old Post 07-02-2003 05:24 AM

bitwiz44
Banned

Cool Possible new topic? post #30  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by mystic
you know what...re-open it!

Im outta here! I refuse to ever post in here again.

Maybe Bit can be the moderator of the new chauvanist forum ....

Why Dont you just calm down Mystic? Its Not Personal.

Chauvanist Forum? Not a bad Idea....Can we have one?

Old Post 07-02-2003 05:29 AM
Time: 08:20 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (4):  [1] 23 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > Feedback > Flamers' Ward > Welcome to the Flamers' Ward
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: