Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Heroes > I was kinda bored by it...
Search this Thread:
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

Local time: 07:41 AM

I was kinda bored by it... post #1  quote:

I tried my best, but only got through the first half hour of the premier. Can't put my finger on it, but it felt like molasses.

I finally gave up. I will wait till the season gets going and see if it does well or not, then might give it another chance later.

Old Post 09-26-2006 02:46 AM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

Local time: 05:41 AM

post #2  quote:

Yeah, I'm going to watch it tonight.. but, I won't waste my time. If I don't like it, I will just stop watching.

Old Post 09-26-2006 03:08 AM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #3  quote:

I wanted to like it. I tried to like it. It may be just me. But I watched an old episode of Star Trek before and I liked it just fine, so I wasn't in no weird mood...

I kept drifting off, even during "exciting" scenes. The music was drab, the film was drab, I just zoned out and wanted it to pickup. I'm curious what others think, if I'm being too hard on it or what?

Old Post 09-26-2006 03:13 AM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

Local time: 09:41 PM

post #4  quote:

That's disappointing, because it sounded so cool. I won't be bothered watching it then.

And, hey, what's wrong with molasses?

Old Post 09-26-2006 08:54 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #5  quote:

quote:
gaboman said this in post #4 :
That's disappointing, because it sounded so cool. I won't be bothered watching it then.

And, hey, what's wrong with molasses?

Well, wait and see what others say. They might like it, you just never know with art.

Old Post 09-26-2006 11:26 AM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #6  quote:

I ummmmmmmmmmm, well, you see... my eyelids decided that I was bored, and so, they closed. I'm sorry... couldn't make it half way through.

Old Post 09-26-2006 01:41 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
illuminate
Amazon Princess

post #7  quote:

that stinks. I dvr'd it last night, and since i was also recording other shows, my roommate couldn't even watch tv. ALL THAT FOR A STINKY SHOW? ugghhh, i don't even want to attempt to watch it now. boo.

Old Post 09-26-2006 05:35 PM
Click here to Send illuminate a Private Message Find more posts by illuminate Add illuminate to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore illuminate REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #8  quote:

Didn't watch it, but I did DVR it. Who knows when I can get to it. I have last week's Survivor, Amazing Race, Studio 60 and this to check out. Not to mention this interesting documentary on the Templars and a hour of Three's Company.

I am a TV slut.

-HECK!

Old Post 09-26-2006 06:46 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #9  quote:

Okay... last night, they did a replay of the series opener... and, I watched it.

After sitting through the entire show, I have to say that I actually like it. No, it's not the BEST show around, but I was more entertained last night, then I was on Monday. So, I will give it another go next week.

Old Post 09-28-2006 03:27 AM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #10  quote:

The previews for next week showed the Japanese guy, in NY, looking at a comic book. Sounds like he's found a comic that is of his "adventures" to learning about bending time.

Old Post 09-28-2006 03:28 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #11  quote:

I finally watched it last night. Overall I liked it. The dialogue was kind of cheeseball at times. But I found it really interesting.

I didn't expect too much, it's more of an ensemble cast that is connected but those connections are going to be discovered and explored in the weeks to come. Makes for better drama, I suppose.

The unbreakable cheerleader is a little hottie.

-HECK!

Old Post 09-28-2006 05:54 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #12  quote:

Let me guess, the cheerleaders made a human pyramid and she fell right on her head, and she was okay, and that's how she found out she had her powers... am I right?

Old Post 09-29-2006 03:13 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #13  quote:

No, they don't show that. But, she's with some guy, from school, and he's video taping her, as she falls, like 5 stories up, and pops all her bones back in place. Her cuts just close up, etc...

When she put her hand into the garbage disposal, and pulled it out, her hand was a bloody, mangled, mess. It just healed right up.

Old Post 09-29-2006 05:36 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #14  quote:

Oh okay, that's much cooler than I envisioned

I'll watch this over the weekend then, I think.

Old Post 09-29-2006 05:57 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #15  quote:

They have your basic comic book style powers. Tissue regeneration, flight, teleportation, ESP, and there is a mysterious bad guy in their midst.

It's kind of like an international X-Men and their Professor-X is a powerless Indian dude that drives a cab.

-HECK!

Old Post 09-29-2006 04:12 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #16  quote:

I hope that it will get really dark.... esp with this "bad guy" who I think is the father to the cheerleader chick.

Old Post 09-30-2006 02:16 AM

Gold Member
Dreamzwalker
Agent

post #17  quote:

probably has to grow on you. i missed it so ... oh wel

Old Post 10-02-2006 04:46 AM
Click here to Send Dreamzwalker a Private Message View Dreamzwalker's Journal Find more posts by Dreamzwalker Add Dreamzwalker to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Dreamzwalker REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #18  quote:

I didn't catch the first episode, but I watched it last Monday and I really liked it a lot. That mother with the other personality that kills people is really interesting; I want to know more about that other personality.

Old Post 10-08-2006 12:59 AM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #19  quote:

I dunno, the show might be cool, it just didn't strike a nerve with me. I'm still gonna wait awhile and wait to watch it again, maybe even the whole season, see if it does well, then catch it again.

I know the first season of Star Trek the Next Generation sucked, then it got a whole lot better. It's tough with art, as some people like different things. Pacing and texture were wrong for me with the pilot, but others might find it enjoyable.

Old Post 10-08-2006 02:33 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #20  quote:

I don't know why more people don't dig this show. I like it.

Interesting stories... and it has that spoon-fed suspense like in 'Lost' that I thought a few peeps here could appreciate.

The cheerleader is my favorite so far. The fly bro's are cool too.

-HECK!

Old Post 10-09-2006 04:57 PM

Gold Member
Edward Teach
Blackbeard

Local time: 08:41 AM

post #21  quote:

It's starting to grow on me, It is taking a bit to get going but I think I'm really getting into it. There are a lot of sub plots going with the main plot. We are starting to find out who the good guys and the bad guys are. And they gave us a clue as to who the main focus is going to be.

Old Post 10-17-2006 03:24 AM
Click here to Send Edward Teach a Private Message View Edward Teach's Journal Visit Edward Teach's homepage! Find more posts by Edward Teach Add Edward Teach to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Edward Teach REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
illuminate
Amazon Princess

post #22  quote:

well, someone please explain to me what is going on. I only saw the first one but I felt like it dragged and I didn't get it. I know people have powers, the doc's son is trying to find these people, and there's a bad guy taking their brains or something. Is there more to it that i'm missing? should i actually be watching this?
it's tough b/c it's on mondays and I already watch one show and record another. is this something worth sacrificing one of my other shows for?

Old Post 10-17-2006 05:22 PM
Click here to Send illuminate a Private Message Find more posts by illuminate Add illuminate to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore illuminate REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #23  quote:

For those that are interested, I believe there is a mini-marathon this week to get people caught up. Think it's Friday on NBC, check your local listings...

-HECK!

Old Post 10-17-2006 05:34 PM
Time: 01:41 PM Post New Thread   
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Heroes > I was kinda bored by it...
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: