Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > The Media > How much can we believe from CNN and others?
Search this Thread:
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Kerry02
Crackerjack

Local time: 06:52 AM

How much can we believe from CNN and others? post #1  quote:

I wish I knew how much to believe of what I see on the network news and on CNN. Does each broadcasting company put their own spin on the news just to garner more viewers? How much does truth count for? What to believe? I live in fear that our government has the handcuffs on the news and what we're hearing is no where near the truth. I don't want to believe that we are the real culprits and not the Islamic terrorists.

'

Old Post 07-15-2006 02:10 AM
Click here to Send Kerry02 a Private Message Find more posts by Kerry02 Add Kerry02 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Kerry02 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Dreamzwalker
Agent

Local time: 12:52 AM

post #2  quote:

I take all from broadcasting companies- especialy the larger ones, with a grain of salt.
CNN pisses me off sometimes - i've seen them cover a story and say nothing but lies.
heh, they even apoligized to david letterman once because they ran a story and said it was fact without a doubt and david proved them wrong.

Old Post 08-04-2006 05:48 AM
Click here to Send Dreamzwalker a Private Message View Dreamzwalker's Journal Find more posts by Dreamzwalker Add Dreamzwalker to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Dreamzwalker REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Kerry02
Crackerjack

post #3  quote:

My two sons have a real anger towards the news from any of the networks and CNN. They both say Fox is not quite so untruthful as the others but they're pretty bad too. I keep wondering how anybody knows that for sure. How can we prove any given story they put out is somewhere between totallty untruthful and slightly spun. For instance, Dreamzwalker how do you know that which you say about the news. Or what other source do you have that tells you not to believe. I'm finding that CNN is not totally against Israel as my kids insist. They're certainly not totally sympathetic to them as I am. I'm finding myself doubting everything they say and I'm not sure that's good either.

Old Post 08-04-2006 04:28 PM
Click here to Send Kerry02 a Private Message Find more posts by Kerry02 Add Kerry02 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Kerry02 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Dreamzwalker
Agent

Local time: 12:52 AM

post #4  quote:

i see more focus on what israel has done then what was done to them to start this - and there's been a couple in which the news stated israel was attacking but didn't mention that they were attacking a zone that was fired from.

During katrina, they lied a lot. Well, some of the katrina vics say anyhow.
I won't go into details, but i've seen stories from people who were in katrina where they said the total opposite of what cnn was saying.

you never really know though. The news says whatever they want the viewer to see - and whatever propaganda they feel like fueling that day.

Old Post 08-05-2006 04:59 AM
Click here to Send Dreamzwalker a Private Message View Dreamzwalker's Journal Find more posts by Dreamzwalker Add Dreamzwalker to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Dreamzwalker REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

amada
Banned

post #5  quote:

I am using a great dvd ripper on my Mac. I make off-topic, irrelevant posts, and spam the board, and eat poop, and I am now banned.

Old Post 10-21-2008 08:28 AM
Click here to Send amada a Private Message Find more posts by amada Add amada to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore amada REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 06:52 AM Post New Thread   
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > The Media > How much can we believe from CNN and others?
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: