Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Sports & Recreation > MLB > MLB Returning to Pre- Jackie Robinson Era
Search this Thread:
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

Local time: 05:39 AM

MLB Returning to Pre- Jackie Robinson Era post #1  quote:

Hall of Famer Joe Morgan worries about the face of baseball

In 2005, non-hispanic Blacks accounted for only 8% of rosters.

Houstan Astros are 1st team since 1953 Yankees to not have a Black payer on world Series Roster. Champion Chicago White Sox only had three non- hispanic Black players on roster.

Morgan said 2 or three teams had rosters similar to Astros.

Old Post 03-25-2006 08:04 PM
Click here to Send malcolm xx a Private Message Find more posts by malcolm xx Add malcolm xx to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore malcolm xx REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Sayzak
Chimerical Visionary

Local time: 11:39 PM

post #2  quote:

Uhh. You're wrong.

Baseball is anything but racist. I'm stupified that you even posted that goofy information. Black people only account for how much of the US population? It's a pretty close ratio in the MLB, isn't it? Do you have any gripes about the NBA? My favorite player is Kevin Garnett, who's yours?

Old Post 06-30-2006 04:07 AM
Click here to Send Sayzak a Private Message View Sayzak's Journal Find more posts by Sayzak Add Sayzak to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Sayzak Sayzak's MSN ID is blue3eleven@msn.com Click Here to Ignore Sayzak REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

Local time: 09:39 PM

post #3  quote:

Yeah, I am more worried about the number of black people in the NHL. I mean, damn.

Black men make up 76% of NBA players and 69% in the NFL. Sure, the number of players in the MLB has gone down in recent years. The solution: more black people should start playing baseball.

It's not an indictment on the owners or managers.

-HECK!

Old Post 06-30-2006 04:44 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #4  quote:

quote:
Sayzak said this in post #2 :
Uhh. You're wrong.

Baseball is anything but racist. I'm stupified that you even posted that goofy information. Black people only account for how much of the US population? It's a pretty close ratio in the MLB, isn't it? Do you have any gripes about the NBA? My favorite player is Kevin Garnett, who's yours?

goofy info?

I guess you have never seen the Minnesota Twins. The Black pop is higher than 2%. Remember the Hall-of-Fame 3rd basemen that was major reson for World Series?

Old Post 06-30-2006 10:25 PM
Click here to Send malcolm xx a Private Message Find more posts by malcolm xx Add malcolm xx to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore malcolm xx REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #5  quote:

What does Kirby Puckett have to do with anything? And by the way, he was center field.

-HECK!

Old Post 06-30-2006 11:57 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #6  quote:

Can't even get info right. Instead, it's just "let me see what crap I can start!"

Great one, Heck... you do know your history on sports!

Old Post 07-01-2006 02:50 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Sierradaddy
Days of Future Past...

post #7  quote:

This is only an issue because young black kids are more interested in playing basketball and football, than they are in playing baseball. It's a reflection of popular society, and not any proof of racism in the MLB. Consider the actions of young black kids, what they CHOOSE to play, who their major sports heroes are CURRENTLY, and then come and post something that is INTELLIGENT and not just mindless racial propoganda. Your posts are really getting on my nerves, and I'm supposed to be a guy who is laid back and gets along with just about everybody...

Old Post 07-01-2006 04:33 PM
Click here to Send Sierradaddy a Private Message Find more posts by Sierradaddy Add Sierradaddy to your buddy list Sierradaddy's MSN ID is smoothline98@hotmail.com Reply w/Quote

brochu13
Mastermind

Local time: 12:39 AM

post #8  quote:

Dude, stop trying to start ****.

Old Post 07-05-2006 05:08 PM
Click here to Send brochu13 a Private Message Find more posts by brochu13 Add brochu13 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore brochu13 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #9  quote:

quote:
Sierradaddy said this in post #7 :
This is only an issue because young black kids are more interested in playing basketball and football, than they are in playing baseball. It's a reflection of popular society, and not any proof of racism in the MLB. Consider the actions of young black kids, what they CHOOSE to play, who their major sports heroes are CURRENTLY, and then come and post something that is INTELLIGENT and not just mindless racial propoganda. Your posts are really getting on my nerves, and I'm supposed to be a guy who is laid back and gets along with just about everybody...

You are not the focus of my post

Old Post 07-06-2006 01:00 AM

Staff
Sierradaddy
Days of Future Past...

post #10  quote:

My point is about what I perceive the focus of the majority of your posts to be: racism. Everything you post seem to be racially charged. I'm black, and I live in a country and a city where the police shoot to kill, and I've lost family to it. I have REAL REASON to be frustrated over racism and the backlash that comes from it against people who now lie in the ground who were once walking and talking and joking with me only a couple weeks ago. And even with that, I don't see anywhere NEAR the amount of racism that you seek out. I've been trying to figure out what the heck could've happened to you for you to be so for racial propoganda, but at this point, I'm just fed up.

Not once did I state that I was the focus of your post. I said that your posts were getting on my nerves, and then clearly (or so I thought) stated that I'm one of the guys around here who has a REPUTATION for getting along with people and even trying to calm others down when they get hot-headed. I was pointing out that your posts frustrate even a calm, laid back guy. I was pointing out that if you want people to listen to your points, figure out a way to REACH them without causing them to instantly turn on you. Ever heard of the saying, "The Medium is the Message"? It means that you pose your argument carefully so as to get your message across MOST EFFECTIVELY. If you want to discuss racism and racial issues, pose your arguments better.

Old Post 07-06-2006 01:26 AM
Click here to Send Sierradaddy a Private Message Find more posts by Sierradaddy Add Sierradaddy to your buddy list Sierradaddy's MSN ID is smoothline98@hotmail.com Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #11  quote:

Well said, SD, as always.

-HECK!

Old Post 07-06-2006 06:54 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #12  quote:

SD is one of the few people who seem to REALLY think about what is posted, before hand!!! Very well said...

Old Post 07-06-2006 08:46 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

malcolm xx
In the Now Guru

post #13  quote:

quote:
Sierradaddy said this in post #10 :
My point is about what I perceive the focus of the majority of your posts to be: racism. Everything you post seem to be racially charged. I'm black, and I live in a country and a city where the police shoot to kill, and I've lost family to it. I have REAL REASON to be frustrated over racism and the backlash that comes from it against people who now lie in the ground who were once walking and talking and joking with me only a couple weeks ago. And even with that, I don't see anywhere NEAR the amount of racism that you seek out. I've been trying to figure out what the heck could've happened to you for you to be so for racial propoganda, but at this point, I'm just fed up.

Not once did I state that I was the focus of your post. I said that your posts were getting on my nerves, and then clearly (or so I thought) stated that I'm one of the guys around here who has a REPUTATION for getting along with people and even trying to calm others down when they get hot-headed. I was pointing out that your posts frustrate even a calm, laid back guy. I was pointing out that if you want people to listen to your points, figure out a way to REACH them without causing them to instantly turn on you. Ever heard of the saying, "The Medium is the Message"? It means that you pose your argument carefully so as to get your message across MOST EFFECTIVELY. If you want to discuss racism and racial issues, pose your arguments better.

Truth is the only way I know how to pose my argument. I'm not able to use propaganda to make my point. If topics dealing with racism frustrates you [a black man?] ; if those who agree with you are friends with a nazi , maybe the promblem is you.

Why are my post being attack ? Like everyone they deal with issues that are true in the world?

Old Post 07-06-2006 10:58 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #14  quote:

No one is attacking your posts, malcom xx, some people are meerly pointing out that there is one underlying theme is the vast majority of your posts. Others are questioning the validity of your statements if you want to speak to that.

-HECK!

Old Post 07-06-2006 11:05 PM

Staff
Sierradaddy
Days of Future Past...

post #15  quote:

quote:
malcolm xx said this in post #13 :

Truth is the only way I know how to pose my argument. I'm not able to use propaganda to make my point. If topics dealing with racism frustrates you [a black man?] ; if those who agree with you are friends with a nazi , maybe the promblem is you.

Why are my post being attack ? Like everyone they deal with issues that are true in the world?

That smilie you used says it all: you're confused.

I didn't say that topics dealing with racism frustrates me. I said that the angle that you present your arguments from frustrates me. I don't think that you're here to pay attention to other people's posts. Twice now you've read my posts, which I believe I made pretty clear, and you've totally misinterpretted them. First, you somehow got the notion that I was under the impression that I was the focus of your posts, when I said nothing like that in my post (the one you were responding to). Now, you seem to assume from somewhere other than my response post to you, that topics dealing with racism frustrates me, and I didn't say that in my post either.

Please allow me once again to make an attempt at clarification. If your purpose here is to ENLIGHTEN and ILLUMINATE others on issues that are pressing and mean a great deal to you, I have NO PROBLEM with that purpose. My issue has never been with that purpose. My issue is with the manner in which you express yourself. It comes across as racist. Now, I don't know if that's your intention, but after spending the past few months reading your posts, I get the inclining that you are only here to spout hatred. I'm not about hatred, and like I said before, I have personal history, RECENT, that gives me REASON to have the kinda hatred that I feel is coming out of you at every post, but I don't carry myself in that manner. I find other ways to express myself that, at the end of the day, makes me feel like I'm MAKING A DIFFERENCE, when the people who I come in contact with walk away THINKING about what it is that I was saying, instead of being pissed off at the way that I said it. That's YOUR PROBLEM. The way you say things pisses people off. Change the way you say things, and you might find less people "attacking" your posts.

Old Post 07-07-2006 12:01 AM
Time: 05:39 AM Post New Thread   
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Sports & Recreation > MLB > MLB Returning to Pre- Jackie Robinson Era
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: