Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > Hot Topics > Post-9/11 Era > 'Addiction To Oil' > How much are you paying for gas?
Search this Thread:
Pages (4):  [1] 23 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

Local time: 06:25 PM

How much are you paying for gas? post #1  quote:

Gas prices are rising daily. We can keep track of them in this thread. Post where you are and how much you paid.

Old Post 04-23-2006 05:40 PM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #2  quote:

I live in San Diego County, and it is $3.05 a gallon.

Old Post 04-23-2006 05:41 PM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

Local time: 10:25 AM

post #3  quote:

I had to do a calculation (since we use Taiwan bucks here instead of the US kind, and litres instead of gallons), but I'm paying 3.06 dollars per gallon.

Old Post 04-24-2006 04:26 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Sayzak
Chimerical Visionary

Local time: 08:25 PM

post #4  quote:

$2.68 -- not as bad today. But I understand that it's $4.00 in some places in the US? I can't wait til the bubble breaks and we get lower prices. This is rediculous. I think gas prices are depressing me. If they went down below $2.00 I'd be significantly happier/more hopeful. $1.30 would put me in the most positive and out going mood I've been in in years.

Old Post 04-27-2006 09:56 AM
Click here to Send Sayzak a Private Message View Sayzak's Journal Find more posts by Sayzak Add Sayzak to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Sayzak Sayzak's MSN ID is blue3eleven@msn.com Click Here to Ignore Sayzak REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #5  quote:

$3.10 two days ago.

Old Post 04-27-2006 10:37 PM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #6  quote:

$3.15 today!

Old Post 04-28-2006 09:32 PM

Diamond Member
Inner City Blues
What's Going On

Local time: 09:25 PM

post #7  quote:

$0.00, I don't drive.

Old Post 04-28-2006 09:37 PM
Click here to Send Inner City Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Inner City Blues Add Inner City Blues to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Inner City Blues REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #8  quote:

California is not really a place where you can use mass transit. I have to drive, but I am cutting back a lot.

Old Post 04-28-2006 09:39 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #9  quote:

$3.12 am I am driving two hours tonight. Freakin' scam.

-HECK!

Old Post 04-28-2006 09:43 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #10  quote:

my husband drives about 50 minutes to work everyday in an SUV. Sheesh it is expensive.

Old Post 04-28-2006 09:45 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #11  quote:

Found this on one of our local news station websites. Daily, people turn in e mails with the prices of gas.

Highest Regular Gas Prices in the Last 48 Hours
Price $3.54

Old Post 04-28-2006 10:26 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #12  quote:

quote:
Lawless said this in post #12 :
Found this on one of our local news station websites. Daily, people turn in e mails with the prices of gas.

Highest Regular Gas Prices in the Last 48 Hours
Price $3.54

Holy cow. I'm filling up tonight before they jump up again!

Old Post 04-28-2006 10:36 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #13  quote:

Sher, we're going to be $4 by the summer, if I'm correct.

Old Post 04-29-2006 01:13 AM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #14  quote:

$3.19 this morning.

If it hits $4, then I refuse to go on any unnecessary trips. I'll skip church all but once a month, and I will only go out one day a week for shopping.

Old Post 04-30-2006 04:51 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #15  quote:

It's going to get a lot higher, Sher. That's unfortunate.

I was talking to my mom yesterday, and she made a comment. "The gas prices are going to continue to soar, until the American people start to get together, and truly say... 'WE'VE HAD ENOUGH... NO MORE,' and I think that she had a good point.

Then, she went on to mention how the oil people are just making more and more and more, off of us. I replied with... "Well, the President is one of those 'oil people' and since he's really not doing anything about it, I can only wonder how well HE is making out in all of this."

Old Post 04-30-2006 04:58 PM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #16  quote:

Demand for gas is high. If everyone were to cut down on their driving it would help. Unfortunately in California, people drive all the time. I for one am cutting back. I can't afford to waste money, hell even if I was rich I would be cutting way back because I am mad.

Old Post 04-30-2006 05:00 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #17  quote:

That's what I've done. The gas company is lucky if I fill my tank more than once per month now. The only time I HAVE to drive is once a week, to my mom's... and that's about a 10 mile, round trip, drive. And to the grocery store, here and there. If I drive 100 miles in a month, that is high, for me, right now. And since my Saturn can go 350 miles on a full tank, it's not often that I HAVE to fill up. Now, I would drive a lot more if the gas prices weren't so exorbitant... but, they are... and because of that, I refuse to do more. Until something changes, I think that a lot of people are going to be doing the same. Screw us? Well, we'll screw ya right back!!!!

Old Post 04-30-2006 05:04 PM

@dam
Enthusiast

post #18  quote:

The station down the street is $3.50/gal last I checked. (Santa Barbara county)

Old Post 05-07-2006 10:39 PM
Click here to Send @dam a Private Message Find more posts by @dam Add @dam to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore @dam REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #19  quote:

When I left fuscia's earlier today, there was a gas station with the low grade for $3.45.

Old Post 05-08-2006 02:16 AM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #20  quote:

Kris is right. It was $3.45 yesterday.

Old Post 05-08-2006 03:47 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #21  quote:

It's about $3.20. The AM/PM by my house is totally remodeling their pump stations (yeah, they're not turning a profit). So I have to go to Shell or Chevron which are always more expensive.

I noticed Valero is kind of less expensive. I know they are not everywhere, but check it out if you can. AM/PM is still the cheapest.

-HECK!

Old Post 05-08-2006 04:43 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #22  quote:

Yeah, and that drive to your house, and back home, Sher... it zonked a good deal of my gas. Dang, it's just too expensive. I'm tired of this crap.

Old Post 05-08-2006 05:28 PM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #23  quote:

Depending on where in my town you look, it is $2.80 or $3.11

Old Post 05-21-2006 01:02 AM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

The Writer
Crackerjack

Local time: 09:25 PM

post #24  quote:

Low price here in central Pa. is $2.75 right now. Finding stiff consumer resistance. Bush says he can't so anything... but he could at least restrict unnecessary travel by government workers, cut back on non-war military aircraft flights and troop manuevers. He could threaten to nationalize all american energy reserves and production facilities. He says he don't have a magic wand but he could do something...anything. We are a nation without leadership. I fear for our future.

Old Post 05-23-2006 06:26 AM
Click here to Send The Writer a Private Message Visit The Writer's homepage! Find more posts by The Writer Add The Writer to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore The Writer REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

Local time: 10:25 AM

post #25  quote:

quote:
The Writer said this in post #25 :
He says he don't have a magic wand but he could do something...
Oh, man, every time I hear him say that I laugh my ass off!

Old Post 05-24-2006 08:07 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

EUCLID
Mastermind

Local time: 08:25 PM

post #26  quote:

I am surprised that there has not been a public clamor demanding that the U.S. government take over the oil business and provide NATIONAL ENERGY at a fair price to all. They could price gas according to your ability to pay.

Old Post 05-24-2006 05:03 PM
Click here to Send EUCLID a Private Message Find more posts by EUCLID Add EUCLID to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore EUCLID REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

uragit
Crackerjack

Local time: 10:25 PM

post #27  quote:

how many litres in a gallon??

Old Post 05-25-2006 10:18 PM
Click here to Send uragit a Private Message Visit uragit's homepage! Find more posts by uragit Add uragit to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore uragit REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #28  quote:

1 US gallon = 3.78 liters

-HECK!

Old Post 05-25-2006 11:03 PM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #29  quote:

well gas priced dropped to a whopping $3.25 a gallon here.

Old Post 05-29-2006 02:53 AM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #30  quote:

I need to go get gas... but all my stations within about one mile, are around $3.50+ for regular grade.

Old Post 05-29-2006 02:59 AM
Time: 02:25 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (4):  [1] 23 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > Hot Topics > Post-9/11 Era > 'Addiction To Oil' > How much are you paying for gas?
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: