Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Whedonverse > Once More With Feeling
Search this Thread:
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

Local time: 02:00 PM

Once More With Feeling post #1  quote:

This thread is for discussion of the season 6 episode as well as the soundtrack to said episode.

1. Main Title
2. Overture/Going Through the Motions
3. I've Got a Theory/Bunnies/If We're Together
4. The Mustard
5. Under Your Spell
6. I'll Never Tell
7. The Parking Ticket
8. Rest In Peace
9. Dawn's Lament
10. Dawn's Ballet
11. What You Feel
12. Standing
13. Under Your Spell / Standing (Reprise)
14. Walk Through the Fire
15. Something to Sing About
16. What You Feel (Reprise)
17. Where Do We Go From Here?
18. Coda
19. End Credits (Broom Dance/Grr Argh)
20. Suite from "Restless"
21. Suite from "Hush"
22. Sacrifice (from "The Gift")
23. Something to Sing About (demo)

Best song on this is Under Your Spell, definitely.

Funniest lines: "Which is ridiculous, 'cause witches they were persecuted, Wicca good and love the earth and woman power and I'll be over here" along with "Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes! They've got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses! And what's with all the carrots?What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?"

Old Post 04-12-2006 04:16 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

Local time: 10:00 PM

post #2  quote:

I own this CD. It's sweet

Who would you say were the best singers out of the main cast? I voted Giles, Tara, Spike, and Anya.

Buffy was good, Xander and Dawn were okay. Willow wasn't very good, which I'm sure is why they only gave her a couple lines.

Old Post 04-17-2006 01:15 AM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

Local time: 10:00 PM

post #3  quote:

I really liked the idea of this episode and how it played out. When we first heard about it Pipofamom was like, "Uhhhhh, they're jumping the shark!" That saying wasn't explained to me for years to come, but I got the idea. Luckily, they pulled it off.

And even though they took an episode to sing and dance, it still really moved the story line along. We saw a LOT of conflict--Tara finding out that Willow altered her memory, Xander and Anya admitting that they might not be ready for marriage, Giles saying that he's getting in the way of Buffy's progress and that he needs to leave, and Buffy telling all that they pulled her out of a heavenly dimension. Plus the kiss at the end was the start of Spike and Buffy's...erm...relationship.

In fact, this episode moved more than most episodes, and it was all done to a beat

Wasn't this episode nominated for some award? I don't think it got it, but it was an awesome episode.

Old Post 04-17-2006 01:20 AM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #4  quote:

I think it was nominated for something, but didn't win.

It did have a lot of plot stuffed into it, and it was done without even making it so obvious.

I dunno if this was jumping the shark... I mean, it's Buffy... they had weird episodes early on in the series too...

The only one I thought was a good singer was Tara. On the DVD they talked about how good Giles was, but I didn't enjoy his singing at all. Same with Spike. Actually, Spike more-so

Buff's songs were all funny, so I liked them. Same with Anya and Xanders'.

Old Post 04-17-2006 04:35 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
peregr!n
Mutsumi Otohime

Local time: 06:00 AM

post #5  quote:

I have this too! Yay! Definitely one of my favourite episodes, but I have a thing for musicals anyway...

My favourites have got to be "I'll Never Tell" and "I've Got A Theory", so funny! I can't say how many times I have listened to this soundtrack!

Old Post 07-06-2006 09:01 AM
Click here to Send peregr!n a Private Message Find more posts by peregr!n Add peregr!n to your buddy list Send an AIM message to peregr!n peregr!n's MSN ID is warrior_hobbit Click Here to Ignore peregr!n REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #6  quote:

Hehehe I've Got A Theory has the two lines that I put in my first post here. Both of those songs are classic.

The song they put in the season 7 episode (I forget its title right now, the one where Anya kills all those college boys) was really something that'd fit right into this episode, but it was both sweet and funny in its own way.

Old Post 07-07-2006 06:09 AM
Time: 06:00 AM Post New Thread   
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Whedonverse > Once More With Feeling
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: