Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Arts & Entertainment > Books > Harry Potter > The Harry Potter Movies > WB must offer Oldman role by next week, says agent
Search this Thread:
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

Local time: 03:19 PM

WB must offer Oldman role by next week, says agent post #1  quote:

Gary Oldman, who played the part of Sirius Black in the third and fourth Harry Potter movies, has not yet been asked by Warner Brothers to reprise the role of Harry's godfather in Order of the Phoenix. According to Douglas Urbanski of the Douglas Management Group (who represents Oldman), WB has had little desire since the beginning for the actor to return in OOTP, even though Oldman requests small payment. As a result, Urbanski has stated that unless WB offers him the role by next week, Oldman won't consider returning as Black. We'll let you know what WB has to say.

Old Post 03-21-2006 05:33 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #2  quote:

Are they crazy? They need him back as Sirius!

Old Post 03-21-2006 05:45 PM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #3  quote:

Is his role bigger? In the last movie his face appeared in a fire for a few minutes, that's it.

-HECK!

Old Post 03-21-2006 06:13 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #4  quote:

The role is much bigger. Sirius is a crucial part of OOP.

Old Post 03-21-2006 07:35 PM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #5  quote:

Yes, Sirius has a MAJOR role in OotP, and if they don't sign Oldman who's going to play him? They can't just NOT have Sirius in this movie. They would RUIN everything.

Old Post 03-21-2006 08:29 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #6  quote:

If he's a big part then they can always recast. Doubt too many HP fans are going just for Oldman... other than me

They recast Dumbledingy and people still went.

-HECK!

Old Post 03-21-2006 08:33 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #7  quote:

They had NO choice but to recast Albus Dumbledore, Heck!
Richard Harris, who was a BRILLIANT choice for the role, passed away.
Michael Gamboa is doing a wonderful job, in his place though.

This is completely different. I wasn't excited, at first, about Gary getting the role of Sirius. I pictured him to be more ruggedly handsome. But, Gary Oldman is a great actor. To replace him... well, that would be a mistake, I think.

Old Post 03-21-2006 08:36 PM

Gold Member
flying panda
HPFanaticINR

Local time: 11:19 PM

post #8  quote:

but theres a back story to why they changed Dumbly ... they had no choice, people knew that

Old Post 03-21-2006 09:08 PM
Click here to Send flying panda a Private Message View flying panda's Journal Find more posts by flying panda Add flying panda to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore flying panda REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

Gary Oldman to return in OOTP post #9  quote:

Gary Oldman's long-time manager Doug Urbanski sealed the deal this morning with Harry Potter producer David Heyman: the actor will reprise the role of Sirius Black in the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix movie.

"I'm so relieved and happy," said Urbanski. "I can't put my mind in the place of the producers, but I would've thought that when they read the book, a call to us would've been very high on their list. Obviously, the character of Sirius Black is key."

Oldman's manager mentioned Oldman had been offered several different film roles in the time it took Warner Bros. to make a decision on the part of Harry's godfather.

Both Gary and manager are delighted with the highly anticipated outcome: "It's a wonderful role. Gary read the script last night, and he read part of it to me on the phone this morning. The end of the story is: Gary's in it. It's a terrific script, and he's so happy to be back."

Old Post 03-22-2006 05:33 PM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #10  quote:

At last some great news! The movie would not have been the same without him.

Off topic, what is up with them having two completely different looking Flitwicks from 1/2 to 3/4?

Old Post 03-22-2006 05:36 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #11  quote:

I agree... he is Sirius to us now... and to have not signed him would have been really bad. WHY did they wait so long? I'm with Gary's manager... they had to have read the book and know how important Sirius' character is to OotP!

Old Post 03-22-2006 05:38 PM
Time: 11:19 PM Post New Thread   
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Arts & Entertainment > Books > Harry Potter > The Harry Potter Movies > WB must offer Oldman role by next week, says agent
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: