Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Whedonverse > General Discussion
Search this Thread:
Pages (16): « First « 45 [6] 78 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

Local time: 02:40 AM

post #151  quote:

Hehehe Pippin, season seven Buffy was a pain in the butt, with all her speeches... that's why in the episode "Storyteller" Andrew says that her speeches are becoming annoying and quite long, and walks off... I think it was in the commentary they said that was because fans were complaining about the speeches

Old Post 10-06-2005 02:35 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

Local time: 10:40 AM

post #152  quote:

Good job, Andrew

From the little I saw of season seven, Andrew was the best, but the other scoobies were really really good, too. Buffy was, like, left in the dust of coolness along with Kennedy. Blech. Stupid Kennedy.

Old Post 10-06-2005 05:08 AM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #153  quote:

Yeah, she was so uncool. Chao-Ahn was the best potential in the season.

"I don't understand a word any of you are saying"

"Are the flashcard monsters attacking?"

Classic

Old Post 10-06-2005 06:07 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #154  quote:

Okay, the last episode of Angel I watched last night is where Darla stakes herself and Conner is "born". It was sad watching Darla go all sweet like that, then crying about how her son has a soul so she doesn't want to lose it... That's some good writing there.

I think the funniest episode so far may be the one where Harmony comes back...

Though when they went to Pylea there was a few funny moments.

"Numfar! Do the dance of joy!"
"Numfar! Do the dance of honor!"

Old Post 10-17-2005 02:43 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #155  quote:

Oh yeah! The Dance of Joy and the Dance of honor!

Whenever we talk about that scene in my house everyone starts doing the dance of joy. Did you know that Joss played Numfar in the scene? It pays to be the director

Old Post 10-17-2005 03:16 AM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #156  quote:

He did!??!!! Oh man, that's a riot! That guy is awesome then... there's no way I could do a dorky dance like that and still be absolutely hilarious. I'd just be that dude doing a dorky dance.

Old Post 10-17-2005 03:25 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #157  quote:

Oh, yeah, and it's interesting seeing Jin from Lost playing one of the Wolfram and Hart Lawyers.

Can't wait til someone kills him

Old Post 10-17-2005 07:55 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #158  quote:

Yeah, he was a real pain in Angel. But yet, I found him kinda cool at the same time. Maybe I was predicting his coolness he would later get from being on Lost.

Jin isn't the only cast member from Angel to be on Lost, either. Did you notice that the guy who plays Bernard played Holland Manners?

Old Post 10-18-2005 04:20 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #159  quote:

hehehe oh yeah, I didn't realize that until now.

In the episode I watched last night, Cordelia became part demon. That was kind of interesting. I felt sorry for Angel when I saw how he reacts to having the visions. Though it kind of makes obvious the fact that Cordelia's stronger than him

Old Post 10-18-2005 04:33 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #160  quote:

I loved that episode. It was my favorite of the entire season. I felt really bad for Angel when he was talking to Cordelia when she was unconscious. And I thought it was really interesting that she was getting CT scans that said she had the brain activity of a vegetable person.

Old Post 10-18-2005 05:11 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #161  quote:

Yeah, not a bad episode. Though the first 4 or 5 episodes of this season were pretty good. What, with Lorne's club blowing up (twice) and the whole deal with Gunn's old gang (that was a pretty intense stand off)... and the whole "Mmmm... Angel" from those magical Nymph women... pretty good so far

Though those 4 episode that encased Conner's birth were a pain... since I wanted to see all of them in one sitting...

Old Post 10-18-2005 06:23 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #162  quote:

Not to change the subject, but Connor pretty much jumped the shark for Angel, I think. Then they made Spike into Angel, pt. 2 and turned Fred into some freaky raver girl/that chick from the end of Ghostbusters, and made Gunn a gangsta lawyer. Weak sauce.

-HECK!

Old Post 10-18-2005 06:55 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #163  quote:

I'm pretty sure that's why the ended the series when they did.

I read that there were problems with Charisma Carpenter hiding her pregnancy and some other crap that cause a riff with her and Joss Whedon, and then she was a goner, and after that you don't have much of a show.

Though I quite enjoy the fifth season. Some funny story lines there.

Old Post 10-19-2005 03:31 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #164  quote:

Though in general I am a big fan of Angel, the second half of season four was my least favorite. Connor ruined it for me. Him and the whole thing with it's-Cordy's-body,-but-she's-not-in-the-driver's-seat-thing. That story line sucked, and so did Connor. I didn't mind him in season five, though. Probably because we only saw him a few times. But even though I didn't like season four as much, the show won me back with season five. I thought that was just good writing. I really liked Spike coming to Angel in season five The farther away from Buffy the cooler he was

Old Post 10-19-2005 03:45 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #165  quote:

I never really liked Spike. He has his moments, but they really brought him into the foreground of the last 3 seasons of Buffy and that was just annoying. Apparently fans liked him, but what?!?? Huh? Does my opinion not matter? I'm a fan too darn it!!!!

Though if they do that Spike movie they're talking about, I'll go watch it

Old Post 10-19-2005 04:33 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #166  quote:

Yeah, I'll definitely go watch that if they make it

The only reason why I didn't like Spike as much in the last few seasons of Buffy was because he totally changed for her. He was no longer the cool/funny/rude Spike that we all knew and loved. He was some obsessive puppy that Buffy toyed with, and he was far less interesting when he was like that. But when he came to Angel he was back to normal.

Did you always dislike Spike, or just in the last few seasons of Buffy?

Old Post 10-19-2005 04:43 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #167  quote:

He was fine in the earlier seasons as the villain... he didn't pop up too much, is one thing, and he did have a lot of good one-liners... but he was never the amazing character most people thought he was (to me, at least).

Actually, in season 7 he wasn't so bad when he got a soul. He was pretty whacky (in a nutso kind of way). But like you said, that was just them making him another Angel, which is not cool. Not cool at all, man.

Old Post 10-19-2005 06:36 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #168  quote:

I liked Spike when he turned good, with the chip and all, but when he turned into yet another vampire with a soul, that was lame.

Willow turning gay was ok with me, it's just her girlfriends were weak.

To me, Angel tried to re-invent itself too many times. When they took over that evil law firm the show was done to me. Lost all interest.

-HECK!

Old Post 10-19-2005 08:56 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #169  quote:

Off Topic. Why are you all the scoobies?

Old Post 10-20-2005 01:31 AM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #170  quote:

Willow was awesome gay; and her first gf, Tara, was a great character (with a nice singing voice ). They had a funny part in an Angel/Buffy crossover where Cordelia calls Willow and says "Oh I was worried Harmony had turned into a big huge lesbo! ...............................<listening>...... oh good for you."

scoobies... are what the gang in Buffy call themselves... because they are like scooby doo and his gang... going around, solving mysteries, killing monsters... though I don't think scooby doo ever actually did kill a monster.

Old Post 10-20-2005 02:35 AM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #171  quote:

Nope. Scooby mostly ran from monsters and ate anything he could find, other than the monsters.

Old Post 10-20-2005 03:51 AM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #172  quote:

Well, see, that's where Scooby went wrong. Kill monsters, ask questions later. That should be the way it is.

I found this: http://www.omwh.com/

A parody of the Buffy episode 'Once More With Feeling', however called 'Once More With Hobbits'... set in the LOTR universe.

Kind of lame, but the song lyrics were done fairly well.

Old Post 10-20-2005 07:13 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #173  quote:

Yeah, plus Shaggy and Scooby were on the dope, I think. Always afraid of things, always having the munchies, riding around in a van...

-HECK!

Old Post 10-21-2005 06:42 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #174  quote:

You name me one dog who hasn't smoked a little ganja...

Finish Season 3 of Angel. No big surprise, Cordy goes to a higher realm, Angel stuck at the bottom of the ocean. Good stuff.

Buffy's still better, though, that's why I treated myself to some Season 4 on the weekend Something Blue, The I In Team, Wild At Heart

Old Post 10-25-2005 02:24 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #175  quote:

Yeah, that's right. Season three ended with Angel at the bottom of a lake. I thought that Connor came in season four, but I guess not. The finale of season three was one of the reasons that I really hated Connor. Jerk.

I know what happened in Something Blue, but can you refresh my memory of what happened in those others?

Old Post 10-25-2005 04:54 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #176  quote:

Not Conner's fault; it was that old dude... err... Holtz... and that silly ugly chick who just does everything Holtz says like a damn sheep. Worst Character Ever.

I wish the Groosalugg stayed around for longer. So much joke potential. That dude was fun-ny.

Um... Wild At Heart is the episode where Oz gets it on with another Werewolf and kills her at the end, then decides to skip town. I in Team was the one where Walsh tries to kill Buffy, then Adam comes alive in the end.

I forgot, I also watched A New Man (Giles becomes a demon) and Doomed (where Riley and Buffy first save the world together... and Riley makes up these lame excuses as to why he was walking by in commando gear )

Old Post 10-25-2005 07:10 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #177  quote:

Oh yeah! "Uh...paintball"

Old Post 10-26-2005 06:08 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #178  quote:

Oh I also saw the one where they're watching cartoons (Road Runner) and Buffy says "That couldn't happen in real life!"

"Yes Buffy, that's why they call them cartoons, not documentaries."

Old Post 10-26-2005 06:22 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #179  quote:

Oh I also saw the one where they're watching cartoons (Road Runner) and Buffy says "That couldn't happen in real life!"

"Yes Buffy, that's why they call them cartoons, not documentaries."

Old Post 10-26-2005 06:23 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #180  quote:

The John Ritter episode of Buff was still my favorite. That's the first episode I actually watched, because my man John Ritter was in it. From there, I started watching more, little by little.

-HECK!

Old Post 10-26-2005 09:51 PM
Time: 06:40 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (16): « First « 45 [6] 78 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Whedonverse > General Discussion
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: