Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Whedonverse > General Discussion
Search this Thread:
Pages (16): « First « 23 [4] 56 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

Local time: 05:10 PM

post #91  quote:

You mean Snyder? Flutey - or however you spell his name - was the one who got eaten. I do love in The Puppet Show when Snyder comes down and makes the scoobies "volunteer" for the talentless show There are some times when you just need a horribly sadistic principal. I also loved how he used to have his little talks/walks with Giles

Old Post 09-14-2005 02:51 PM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

Local time: 09:10 AM

post #92  quote:

Yeah, whenever he'd go to Giles and say "oh that Sommers girl, she's bad news. Just something about her..." and you sit there thinking, what the hell is wrong with you man!

Hey, wait, didn't both of them get eaten?

Old Post 09-15-2005 03:23 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #93  quote:

And down to the very end Snyder was still ordering around people. Didn't he tell the Mayor to stop it or something?

Old Post 09-15-2005 03:43 AM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #94  quote:

Yeah, I remember that part... you see a top view of Snyder ordering the giant worm thing to stop that guy was a dunce, I swear...

I forget what happens... I remember at the end of Season 2 he gets punched by Buffy, and the cops are after her.... I forget how exactly she got out of that one

Old Post 09-15-2005 03:53 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #95  quote:

She didn't punch Snyder. I'll try to write out the scene as best I remember it.

Buffy is in the library with a bag.

Snyder comes in and tells her that she is standing in a crime scene, but, being a criminal, that pretty much works out.

She says that she didn't kill Kendra, and sooner or later the police of Sunnydale are going to figure that out. Snyder smiles and tells her that, in case she hadn't noticed, the police of Sunnydale are deeply stupid. Then he says that there are some moments that you just wish you could save and play over and over again. She's expelled.

She says, "You never ever got even one single date in high school, did you?"

Instead of denying it, Snyder says, "Your point?"

She pulls out an impressive looking sword and walks past him, keeping the point towards him as she does so.

Later the cops find out that Buffy really didn't murder Kendra and almost kill her friends, so she is off the hook on that one.

Old Post 09-15-2005 04:04 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #96  quote:

Ah, that explains it. I remember the scene now "your point?"

Maybe I was just wishing she's smack him around a bit, so, in my mind, it became true.

Old Post 09-15-2005 04:11 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #97  quote:

I can just see Buffy knocking Snyder on his back with just a little nudge

Old Post 09-15-2005 04:14 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #98  quote:

I can really see him getting knocked back, though.

Did that happen in an episode?

Old Post 09-15-2005 04:25 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #99  quote:

Don't think so. She pushed him out of the way in season two episode three, though. Nothing overly violent, just a "move out of my way" kind of thing.

Old Post 09-15-2005 04:31 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #100  quote:

Oh my god!!! You're one of the Trio!

"Season Two, Episode Three"?

Next thing I'll find out that you're planning to have the Buffy theme as your car's horn

Old Post 09-15-2005 04:37 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #101  quote:

That would be awesome in heavy traffic when I'd get to use it a lot

Yeah, I'm pretty bad. At one point I had the entire first three seasons down Also, if I turn on the tv and there happens to be a Buffy on, I can tell instantly which season and episode it is. My brother thinks it's funny that I can tell the the seasons by Buffy's hair

Old Post 09-15-2005 02:53 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #102  quote:

Hmm... sometimes it takes me a minute to work out which season, and sometimes I can't work out at all which episode

Though I kinda know the first season well! Not many episodes, not hard to remember all of them.

Old Post 09-16-2005 02:32 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #103  quote:

What was your favorite season episode? I can't chose except for in season one, since there's so few episodes. I really liked Nightmares, but Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind was good too.

Old Post 09-16-2005 02:35 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #104  quote:

Season one I like Angel
Season two I like Innocence
Season three I like Doppelg?ngland
Season four I like Hush
Season five I like... hmm... Real Me, the one with Dracula and the finale were all good.
Season six I like Once More With Feeling
Season seven I like Same Time, Same Place. Story Teller wasn't bad too.

PS. I looked half of those episode titles up!

Old Post 09-16-2005 03:40 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #105  quote:

I actually got to see Same Time, Same Place and I agree, it was a very good one And that gollum-like creature was creeeeeepy

Old Post 09-16-2005 02:35 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #106  quote:

the... gollum like creature being Spike?

Old Post 09-17-2005 02:09 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #107  quote:

No no, the creepy Gollum-like one! It was bald and crouched and ate Willow's stomach flesh! That one that was talking to her about how her friends didn't want her, that's why they left her.

Not Spike I want my Bufffyyyyyyyy. Give her to us!

Old Post 09-18-2005 02:08 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #108  quote:

oh right, him. That was pretty freaky.

The Angel episode last Friday was the one where Cordelia wakes up. Pretty good. The very end had Angel getting a phone call that Cordelia died... "no, that can't be she's right her-" and she's gone!

Old Post 09-19-2005 02:43 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #109  quote:

I thought that was a really good episode. And I liked that she remembered Connor when no one else did.

Old Post 09-19-2005 02:46 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #110  quote:

Hehehe yeah, it was one of those episodes where everybody talks about the past... half of it had me going "huh", the other half had me going "OH! Oh oh oh! I know that!"

I like the part where Cordelia says he sold his soul to the devil, and just after he says "you're being a little over dramatic" some devil looking dude comes up and shakes Angel's hand

Old Post 09-19-2005 04:01 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #111  quote:

Oh yeah! I'd forgotten that!

Old Post 09-19-2005 04:34 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #112  quote:

Only 4 days to go until I get seasons 1 through 5... oh oh oh so exciting...

Old Post 09-20-2005 02:18 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #113  quote:

I loved the high school ones. Season four was good, too, but there was just something special with the first three that stayed with the first three.

Old Post 09-20-2005 05:36 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #114  quote:

Yeah, but there's only so much of the "we're in school, but we should go fight evil" story-lines they can do. But I think they tried to bring that style back for the final season, with Buffy as the councillor (which was so funny, because when people started saying she was there for other reasons, she got so offended that they didn't think she was a good councillor )

Old Post 09-21-2005 03:20 AM

Gold Member
peregr!n
Mutsumi Otohime

Local time: 01:10 AM

post #115  quote:

BUFFY!

I can't believe I missed this thread ^_^ Buffy RULES!

Old Post 09-22-2005 06:45 PM
Click here to Send peregr!n a Private Message Find more posts by peregr!n Add peregr!n to your buddy list Send an AIM message to peregr!n peregr!n's MSN ID is warrior_hobbit Click Here to Ignore peregr!n REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #116  quote:

Buffy was the best show on the air for a long time WOOOO!!! BUFFY RULES!!!!!

Old Post 09-23-2005 01:58 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #117  quote:

Yes....... yes it does

I watched the Season 3 episode "Gingerbread" last night. Always good for a laugh. Willow and Buffy's mother trying to burn them at the stake and then "Oh, this has been nice, its been great knowing you" "yeah, we should get together sometime and have coffee"

Oh man, I could have kicked Joyce's butt in that episode.

Old Post 09-23-2005 02:18 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #118  quote:

"My mom has forgotten all of it except that I have a boyfriend in a band."

Old Post 09-23-2005 02:21 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #119  quote:

Oh right... lol. "Oz has to come over for dinner next week"

Its also the episode where Amy becomes a rat, isn't it? very important part of the story, that one.

Old Post 09-23-2005 02:31 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #120  quote:

Amy was pretty sad when she came back from rat form. But yes, very important bit of the storyline

Old Post 09-23-2005 02:46 AM
Time: 01:10 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (16): « First « 23 [4] 56 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Whedonverse > General Discussion
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: