Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Whedonverse > General Discussion
Search this Thread:
Pages (16): « 12 [3] 45 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

Local time: 06:26 PM

post #61  quote:

No, Angel goes to meet her and we never find out what they said to each other.

I agree about the Trio. They were such a riot. What were they talking over when they agreed to team up? Please say they were playing D&D. That would just make that moment even greater

Old Post 09-02-2005 07:21 AM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

Local time: 10:26 AM

post #62  quote:

Of course they were!

At the end of the episode, they've got the lair set up. "Flame Thrower active!" "Action Figures deployed!"

My favorite though was when Andrew painted the damn death star on the side of the van, then later on you find out he also added a horn that plays the Star Wars theme

Old Post 09-02-2005 07:34 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #63  quote:

!!!When I saw that part of the episode I just started howling with laughter. Oh man...it was priceless

And when Johnathon was arguing about the setup of the Death Star being wrong, and Andrew was like, "For your information, I'm using the design of the second Death Star from the Emperor Strikes Back"

Old Post 09-02-2005 07:45 AM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #64  quote:

Right Jonathan's like 'That design is flawed!!!!'

Too bad Andrew offs him in the seventh season those two were so funny together

Old Post 09-02-2005 07:52 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #65  quote:

Yeah, that gets my vote for Worst Plot Twist Ever. The tv was fuzzy so mom and I clung to the hope that we hadn't seen what really happened. Unfortunately we read up on that episode and we were right. Stupid The First!

Old Post 09-02-2005 07:14 PM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #66  quote:

On the other hand, if I had to pick only one of the Trio to survive, I probably would have chosen Andrew anyway. Johnathon was really really funny also, and together they were even better, but Andrew gave me side aches from laughing so hard. I mean, the man had a wheelchair fight in a hospital!! Every time I'm in a hospital I ask my parents if I can have a wheelchair fight (For some reason they always say no )

Old Post 09-02-2005 07:18 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #67  quote:

hehehe yeah, Andrew was my favorite out of them too. And I guess there just weren't anymore jokes they could make with Andrew and Jonathan fighting... it would've gotten old, I guess.

I'm wondering why they didn't stick Andrew in gaol for killing Jonathan though I mean, who would REALLY want him hanging around?

Old Post 09-05-2005 03:42 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #68  quote:

I think Andrew would be cool to have hanging around. He would fit in nicely with my other friends and we could wheelchair fight til the cows came home

Old Post 09-05-2005 04:18 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #69  quote:

Yeah, just don't turn your back on him

Nah, Andrew's cool

I forgot what happened to him by the end of the series.... Did he die at some point before the finale? I can't imagine him running into the hell-mouth to kill the ubervampires Can you remind me?

Old Post 09-05-2005 04:39 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #70  quote:

Well I couldn't watch the last episode. Blasted tv But I did read about what happened, and he was helping to fight, if I remember right, and something was coming at him that would have killed him. Maybe it was an ubervamp. He didn't die because Anya jumped in front of it. Poor Andrew felt real bad about Anya safricing herself to save him, and then he felt even sadder when he had to tell Xander.

Old Post 09-05-2005 04:46 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #71  quote:

I just checked out the transcript at buffyworld.com ... yeah, like you said, he was there.

I didn't remember that Principal Wood survived that too... freaky. Didn't like that fellow too much. Him trying to kill Spike and all.

Old Post 09-05-2005 05:59 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #72  quote:

Yeah! Stupid Wood trying to kill Spike You just can not do something like that and expect to still have fans

Last edited by Pippin on 09-05-2005 at 06:34 PM |
Old Post 09-05-2005 06:15 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #73  quote:

You know, I was watching Angel the other day and wondering how Spike could hurt humans without a problem.

Then I realized his chip was removed in the seventh season. Totally forgot about that! They could have repaired it or removed it... Buffy's choice. So she removes it. That was the first sign she'd totally lost her mind

Old Post 09-06-2005 03:26 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #74  quote:

Woa! I never knew they had a problem with Spike's chip, and I certainly never heard it was removed! No wonder Spike suddenly got cool again when he came to Angel!

Old Post 09-06-2005 02:17 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #75  quote:

Ah, I see, I see. You were confused too. He started getting headaches and the chip was shocking him when he really didn't want it to, so Buffy called Riley, and got a pizzaria or a coffee shop or something instead. Then went on this big long rant asking whether they're really a coffee shop or is it really a big huge government conspiracy... kind of funny.

Old Post 09-07-2005 03:28 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #76  quote:

Yep, that sounds like a Buffy script alright

Old Post 09-07-2005 04:11 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #77  quote:

Have you watched any of the show FireFly? Another Joss Wheddon show, but was cancelled really quickly.

Looks very funny though. Never seen it myself, but it simply looks funny.

Old Post 09-07-2005 04:15 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #78  quote:

I only ever got a chance to see one episode when it was on, but that episode got me hooked. Firefly was a masterpiece few can come close to matching I can think of nothing to say about it that would truly do it justice. It was pure genius. Incredible. Beautifully made. Yet another gem by Joss Whedon. My brother's friend owns the whole series (14 episodes or something) and I borrowed them so I could see the whole thing. Idiots must work at Fox. That's the only reasoning I can think of to explain why they canceled it.

The movie of Firefly is called Serenity and comes to theaters on SEPTEMBER 30TH!! It's so CLOSE!! My family and I fully plan to see it right when it comes out

Old Post 09-07-2005 04:23 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #79  quote:

Pip, lemme say, bomb ass avatar. That, and in of itself, is worth gold membership alone.

About not seeing Buffy. I'll just say that Buff is the Stuff. At first I did not like the show. My uncle watched it, I clowned like he was a Timberlake fan. Then the episode with John Ritter came on... so, HECK was HOOKED. Watched from there on in. Cool ass show. Angel was hit and miss... more hit, but still was so-so. Whedon is dope, but about Firefly...

It was good, but tried to be too much, too soon. Too many plot point smashed into a very, very small ship. Needed to lay strong foundation then build on it. I would say that FOX, as per usual, pulled the plug far to soon, but the show tanked on its own. As for the movie, maybe on DVD, if at all.

-HECK!

Old Post 09-07-2005 06:23 AM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #80  quote:

I find Angel hit and miss too. It's good, but I swear if you don't watch the episodes in order it will take you about 5 episodes to get the flow of the story. I watched a season 4 episode, only one, a few years ago and I just sat through it thinking "huh? Who's good and who's bad then?". I've seen a lot of season 5, and it seemed a lot better than it was earlier in the series.

I want to see FireFly, but I guess I'll grab the DVDs and that'll be it. I saw an ad for it on TV here saying Coming Soon, but they took it off and I haven't heard anything since then... darn it.

Old Post 09-07-2005 06:52 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #81  quote:

Thank, Heck I'm quite proud of my avatar

I agree that some seasons of Angel were much better than others. Season five was sooo better than season four, and one was better than two. I generally liked Angel - I just hated the whole thing with Connor, though- , but it wasn't as good as Buffy.

That John Ritter episode of Buffy kind of creeped me out. But then again, John Ritter is good at creeping me out

Old Post 09-07-2005 02:35 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #82  quote:

Yeah, John Ritter's freaky... Especially with his *pretends to ring an invisible bell and dances around like a fairy*

The thing I don't get about Angel is how did he fall in love with Cordellia? I mean, Buffy was an airhead too, but not THAT bad.

They just played the Angel episode here where Spike goes all Vigilante on them, and saves all these people... then asks them if they want to get drunk and listen to the Sex Pistols Oh, yeah, and Angel kept having funky visions of his friends trying to kill him.

Old Post 09-08-2005 02:11 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #83  quote:

I don't think I saw that episode, but that definitely sounds like Spike

Cordelia changed a lot after she went to LA. If Angel fell in love with her when she was in high school I would say something had to be wrong, but it seems more real with the Cordelia in Angel.

Old Post 09-08-2005 04:33 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #84  quote:

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... alright, I'll accept that

My mother-in-law will bring me my Angel DVDs in 2 weeks time, I'll start watching it from the start around then

Old Post 09-09-2005 05:40 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #85  quote:

Angel the series or a certain season? I loved the way that the first episode of season one began

And I miss Doyle Episode 9 of season one was one of the saddest Angels ever, in my opinion. I would say "Bring Back Doyle!!" (in some supernatural form or something, because that's all that they could really do), but the actor is dead now, so that wouldn't work

Old Post 09-09-2005 02:42 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #86  quote:

She'll bring me all 5 seasons.

The episode they'll play this week on Tele has Cordelia wake up. From the advert, it looks like Spike bites here what's with that?

Oh, you know how we were saying earlier that when Buffy comes back to life and goes off to meet Angel, we never know what happens?

I was looking through my Buffy comics on the weekend, and there's one special one called "Reunion" in which Xander, Anya and Dawn guess what they did when they met. In the end, there's this big firey demon and that's that. You never actually KNOW what happens, but it was fun enough watching them speculate.

Oh, and there was one funny bit when Dawn was telling the story, Anya says "Dawn! Buffy's dress changed", Dawn: "yeah, I changed my mind" maybe you had to see it...

Old Post 09-13-2005 02:17 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #87  quote:

Oh, I'll have to find that somewhere

I think I remember which episode you are talking about with Cordy waking up. I shall not tell you anything about it because 1) I don't want to spoil anything and 2) I don't remember what happened

Old Post 09-13-2005 05:21 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #88  quote:

Well, 2's a good reason not to spoil it

I'll check it out on Friday night, if I remember. I often forget its on, to be honest. Since I haven't watched the first four seasons in order (odd episodes here and there), I feel like I've got to catch up on those first.

Buffy's like that too. If you miss something early in the season, you may not get something that's happening or some of the jokes they're telling.

Oh, while I was going through my comics, I found the comic Joss Whedon did of the original buffy story (from the movie)... but with the Buffy from the TV series in it. It's basically the same story, but some changes... I'll have to read through it properly to find out what. She does actually burns the gym down at the end, which is mentioned a lot in the first couple of seasons of the TV show.

Old Post 09-13-2005 06:08 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #89  quote:

First Principle: "You burned down the gym, Buffy"

Buffy: "I did, I really did. But you're not getting the big picture here! That gym was FULL of vampir-asbestos."

Old Post 09-13-2005 02:48 PM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #90  quote:

That part was so funny... he tore up the file before he even looked at it, then he's like "I don't care if it says........" <eyes buldge>

Then when Fludey (sp?) came in Oh I swear I wanted to throw that weasel off a building.

Old Post 09-14-2005 02:26 AM
Time: 02:26 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (16): « 12 [3] 45 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Whedonverse > General Discussion
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: