Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Whedonverse > General Discussion
Search this Thread:
Pages (16):  [1] 23 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
angelhands92
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 04:54 AM

Smile General Discussion post #1  quote:

Angel aNd Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Angel is about a Vampire with a soul, that had fallen deeply inlove with a slayer Buffy. Long story short, the beautiful comes inbetween these two cross star lovers and capture our hearts, her name is faith. But that's not who we will discuss on this thread... Please post anything about Angel... for samples...

what a man....

David Patrick Boreanaz
16 May, 1971
Buffalo, New York, USA

The Story

A centuries-old vampire cursed with a conscience, Angel has taken up residence in Los Angeles, the City of Angels. Between pervasive evil and countless temptations lurking beneath the city's glittery facade, L.A. has proven to be the ideal address for a fallen vampire looking to save a few lost souls and, in turn, perhaps redeem his own.

Or about Buffy and the scooby gang...

It had been foretold...

"Into each generation a Slayer is born. One girl in all the world, a Chosen One. One born with the strength and skill to fight the vampires, to stop the spread of their evil and the swell of their numbers."

For every vampire in the world, there is a Slayer. The Slayer Code: Destroy all vampires with the obligatory aid of super strength, fighting ability and an acute and intense gift of timing-think of it as being bitten by a radioactive spider minus the leotard. It?s not only vampires, however, that these warriors have chosen the responsibility to annihilate. They also have to time-out demons, monsters and just about every other kind of nasty that can come to mind. When a Slayer times a creature out, it doesn?t entail making them stand in a corner. Usually, the end result is a heinously bloody slaughter, sometimes accompanied by one of today?s hottest bands. With the aid of a Watcher-who trains and looks out for each Slayer-these superhuman do-gooders have been known mostly to lurk in the shadows alone, following their prey-the bloodsucking undead. As you can imagine, these heroes have an unhealthy expiration date?most don?t live to see past 20.

Welcome to Sunnydale...

Essentially ground zero for all things naughty, Sunnydale, California was built on top of an Indian Burial Ground?no, wait, Hellmouth: a portal to a rotted dimension that just about every slag wants to unlock and unleash hell on Earth.

Coincidentally, in 1997, Vampire Slayer Buffy Summers moved to Sunnydale with her mother Joyce to get her away from her previous school in LA after her parents divorced. You see, under the guidance of a Watcher named Merrick (who had an incredible likeness to a mulleted vamp in a film called Lost Boys), our heroine torched her school?s gymnasium during a slayfest against a bunch of overbites. Don?t worry; we haven't heard much about any repercussions from the incident or the movie therein. Let?s just forget it happened and move on.

With the aid of her loyal comrades, Willow, Giles, Xander, Anya, Tara, Spike and her sister Dawn, the Buffster has dispelled many worthy foes including; The Master, the Anointed One, Adam, Faith and Glory. As dedicated as she is, Buffy still tries to find the time to deal with the trivialness of college life. Unfortunately, her love life isn?t with frat boys and the like?it seems that even after dating the vamp Angel that she might become romantically involved with one William the Bloody.

One?s strength can only truly be judged by their conviction and dedication to their calling, their prophecy, their fate and their gift. Proving that she was indeed the truest of Slayers, Buffy Anne Summers gave her life to obstruct evil?s Glory for the Dawn of our world?s salvation. Although the Slayer lore warned that most Slayers don't live to see 20, Buffy was an exception...but not by much.

It's a grave new world. Prepare yourself for resurrection and retribution.

Sarah Michelle Gellar
14 April, 1977
New York, New York, USA

Btw she plays Buffy Summers...

Last edited by gaboman on 04-11-2006 at 06:17 AM |
Old Post 10-22-2003 07:31 AM
Click here to Send angelhands92 a Private Message Find more posts by angelhands92 Add angelhands92 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore angelhands92 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Misery
Mastermind

post #2  quote:

Fuffy Me likes

Last edited by Misery on 12-08-2003 at 07:27 PM |
Old Post 12-08-2003 07:10 PM
Click here to Send Misery a Private Message Find more posts by Misery Add Misery to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Misery REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

boi4eliza
Enthusiast

Local time: 01:54 PM

post #3  quote:

yay misery! bring on the fuffy-ness!! lol

sorry for not keeping to the AtS/BtVS post Angel

Old Post 03-24-2004 10:56 PM
Click here to Send boi4eliza a Private Message Find more posts by boi4eliza Add boi4eliza to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore boi4eliza REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

angelhands92
Definitively Illumined

post #4  quote:

BAD YOU!!!!!

Old Post 03-25-2004 02:52 AM
Click here to Send angelhands92 a Private Message Find more posts by angelhands92 Add angelhands92 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore angelhands92 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

doctorl87
Crackerjack

Local time: 07:54 PM

post #5  quote:

shes so sexy

Old Post 05-25-2004 11:14 PM
Click here to Send doctorl87 a Private Message Find more posts by doctorl87 Add doctorl87 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore doctorl87 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #6  quote:

Since this is more about the Angel and Buffy TV show's, it's been moved to the Television forum.

-HECK!

Old Post 05-26-2004 01:24 AM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

Local time: 11:54 AM

post #7  quote:

Pippin and I are hoping to resurrect this thread. Actually, if it could be pulled out of the Archieve section, that'd be awesome

Old Post 08-26-2005 04:30 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #8  quote:

Buffy was my favorite show. Well, I suppose it still is my favorite show, only now I can't watch new episodes of it.

When Buffy was still going my mom would email me pictures from the message board she went on. They were some good pics I'll post them here

Old Post 08-26-2005 04:43 AM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #9  quote:

This is a picture that Spike drew and attached to a punching bag

Attachment:
angel punching bag.jpg (9.8447 kb, 98 views)

Old Post 08-26-2005 04:45 AM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #10  quote:

Here's Angel as a puppet still leading his team

Attachment:
puppet angel.jpg (36.1709 kb, 89 views)

Old Post 08-26-2005 04:45 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #11  quote:

What was your favorite season of Buffy/Angel?

Who was your favorite Big Bad?

Favorite main character?

My favorite season of Buffy would be season two. I mean--Spike and Dru just rocked the house, and evil Angel was awesome. Plus, with an ending like that, it has to go down as the best written season of Buffy in my opinion. My favorite season of Angel would be season five, its last. I couldn't believe it was canceled, what with a season like number 5 It was awesome!

My favorite Big Bad is actually three. The trio of geeks. The Mayor is my second favorite, but the geeks were just unstoppable. "Hey, you guys wanna get together and take over Sunnydale?" "Okay"

My favorite main character is Oz. After he left my favorite character tied with Willow and Xander.

Old Post 08-26-2005 04:50 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #12  quote:

Alrighty, I loved the fifth or sixth seasons of Buffy the most (hard to pick, and most people don't agree). The fifth being because it's where Dawn appeared, and Glory, the God, was just spooky. It was a sad season in many ways. Sixth being that every episode in the season just amazed me, they were all new and interesting.

My favorite big bad was definitely the trio too. They were just so goofy with their Star Wars horns and painting death stars on the sides of vans... and just the way they tried to carry themselves like super villains, but ended up messing up every time... terrible

My favorite main character is Xander. He's just always been the funny one. I guess if I was thrown among them, I'd end up being Xander myself... just... not as funny I also thought Tara was great. Constantly uncomfortable, and just saying goofy things too often, nobody really understood her, but she was great. Also sung like an angel

And not to forget Anya... oh man she cracks me up.

Season two of Buffy was great... Angel going evil and all, and all the things he said to Buffy after... it was like the show lost a conciensce it may or may not have had in the first place.

How did you feel when you first found out Angel was a vampire?

Old Post 08-26-2005 05:48 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #13  quote:

Well I already knew when I watched that episode. I didn't join the buffyverse permanently until season three. But I just loved the idea that he was a vampire. Having a vampire be punished with a soul and then hurt his friends if he lost it. Fantastic idea

Old Post 08-26-2005 05:54 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #14  quote:

Yeah, it was great. I didn't know though. I started watching the show from the start, since I was a fan of the original movie (I was one of those "Sarah Michelle who?" people). Though the show ended up being much better

I fell out of touch around the fourth season, then came back at the sixth. And caught up on what I missed. Angel I haven't watched regularly yet, but when I get those damn DVDs from my mother-in-law .... I'm gonna get right into it!

How'd you feel when Willow went ape and killed Warren and went to destroy the world? I swear, I didn't see it coming. I knew she was using too much magic, but woooooooooooooooooow.

Old Post 08-26-2005 06:00 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #15  quote:

It was like the shock of my life I mean, that was Willow!! Willow! She's not supposed to be the enemy!

That whole sequence of episodes was amazing. Cousin hadn't seen hardly any Buffy before she came to our house. I fixed her We watched all of season one in a day Last month we were watching that whole evil Willow bit, though, and right when Tara gets shot and falls the fricken PHONE RINGS! I swear, I've never been so mad at a telemarketer in my life The rest of the episodes went uninterupted, but man! That was bad timing for a phone call

Old Post 08-26-2005 06:07 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #16  quote:

That's why you unplug the phone when watching Buffy

The whole season six finale was great. Went over about... 4 episodes, really. And Warren being skinned was just a shocker. When that episode ended I swear I yelled at the television "No!!! Don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I heard Tara was going to come back, but she didn't want to (she doesn't seem to like Joss Wheddon very much). I read the story was going to be Buffy could have one life-altering wish, and she was trying to work out what to use it on... and in the end, she used it to bring Tara back.

I forgot where I read that though

Old Post 08-26-2005 06:23 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #17  quote:

PS. Have you ever seen the original pilot? With some ugly chick as Willow?

It was actually pretty bad, but the episode was quite similar to what it ended up being.

Old Post 08-26-2005 06:26 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #18  quote:

I know most Buffy fans would love that idea. That would mean NO KENNEDY I kept up on about the first half of season seven by ready the episodes, and I swear that not one Buffy fan liked Kennedy. I know I sure didn't.

Old Post 08-26-2005 06:28 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #19  quote:

No, I never saw the original Willow. I watched an interview with Joss, though, and he had said that the producers demanded he get a new Willow

Old Post 08-26-2005 06:29 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #20  quote:

omg! I was googling around trying to find a picture of the original Willow and I found this This will be my new wallpaper for my computer

Old Post 08-26-2005 06:35 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #21  quote:

Yeah, she was really lame. It's not only because she was a big girl (I'm sure that attributed though, sad to say), but she was a pretty awful actor and just unattractive in general.

And, yeah, Kennedy was a pain in the butt. There was nothing WRONG with her, but she just wasn't Tara, and there was nothing interesting about her... and there just... was no spark there. Plus Tara was hotter. She had the moving hand thing going on.

Old Post 08-26-2005 06:35 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #22  quote:

Oh those animated pictures... yeah! Seen those before... But I heard they stopped planning of that show... I guess they wont do it. wish they would though.

Old Post 08-26-2005 06:40 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #23  quote:

Both Oz and Tara had something special about them. They were both kind and funny and just...I don't know, there was just something about them that clicked with Willow. Kennedy didn't have that something special in her. She was just annoying and loud and unfun

Old Post 08-26-2005 06:40 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #24  quote:

But you know when Willow started with Tara, a lot of fans were pretty pissed (female fans, mostly).

Not me, though, I was all for it

Old Post 08-26-2005 06:43 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #25  quote:

You mean they were planning an animated version of Buffy? I thought they just decided to doodle the scoobies in cartoon form Man, that would have been really cool if there was a cartoon Buffy show

Old Post 08-26-2005 06:43 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #26  quote:

quote:
gaboman said this in post #24 :
But you know when Willow started with Tara, a lot of fans were pretty pissed (female fans, mostly).

Not me, though, I was all for it

I was angry because Oz was my favorite character and this new character chick was moving in to replace him. I was thinking, "Just who does this gal think she is?! Willow and Oz are meant for each other and this other chick is just moving in like she and Willow are supposed to be together. Uh-uh. I don't like it" Plus I really hated Tara's character after that super-sad episode where Oz came back and was gonna get back together with Willow but then found out that Willow had moved on with Tara. But by season five I really liked her character

Old Post 08-26-2005 06:46 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #27  quote:

Yeah, they really planned it. You can still look it up on imdb and a few other sites, but they do just say it was scrapped.

I hope since Tru Calling isn't going anymore, that we can get a Faith spin-off. That'd be alright, cause Faith is a bad-ass.

Old Post 08-26-2005 06:47 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #28  quote:

Yeah, Tara didn't really come out til Season five. By season six, she was awesome. She's just goofy, but not in the same way Anya is. Her goofiness comes in her being too shy to say anything, but knowing she needs to fit in...

I don't even know if that is the reason, I may have just been typing words at random

I still can't get over the "Under Your Spell" song from Once More With Feeling. It's unbelievable. Good song writing, and her voice was fantastic.

Old Post 08-26-2005 06:51 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #29  quote:

Faith was just bad to the bone. The perfect counterpart to the Mayor. Aw man, I miss that duo

I was kinda disappointed when I heard she turned good and was helping out in season seven. I always thought she was the perfect villian for Buffy. But I did get to see that episode where she and the Slayerettes just bashed Buffy Sometimes Buffy just needs to be put in her place, and Faith did it perfectly

Old Post 08-26-2005 06:51 AM

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

post #30  quote:

If it wasn't so late and I was afraid of waking up sleeping people I'd start playing the soundtrack to that episode. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

Old Post 08-26-2005 06:52 AM
Time: 03:54 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (16):  [1] 23 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Whedonverse > General Discussion
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: