Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Arts & Entertainment > Books > Harry Potter > The Harry Potter Books > Book 6: HP & the Half-Blood Prince > Speculation about the final battle in book 7
Search this Thread:
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

Local time: 06:06 PM

Speculation about the final battle in book 7 post #1  quote:

Thread open to speculate on the final battle or battles in book 7.

Will Harry defeat Voldemort? If so, will it be with a wand duel, or will there be something special that happens?

Old Post 07-20-2005 01:51 AM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #2  quote:

I had a really evil idea. Remember that Dumbledore said that Voldemort fears the dead. Too bad Snape's book doesn't tell Harry how to create inferi. That would freak' Voldie out. All these dead people coming at him.

Old Post 07-20-2005 01:52 AM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 07:06 PM

post #3  quote:

Yeah, let us have the Inferni pile up on that friendly Dark Lord.

Now that Harry can apparate, it would be even more of a match. And with Occlumency, he would be better prepared to face Voldemort.

How about some sort of possession? I have always thought that that might be a way to destroy Voldemort. He is too powerful with a wand. Only Dumbledore was a match for him. And we all know that however powerful Harry might be, he is no Dumbledore, neither in power nor in knowledge.

M.

Old Post 07-20-2005 02:01 AM
Click here to Send adityamahesh a Private Message Find more posts by adityamahesh Add adityamahesh to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore adityamahesh REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #4  quote:

No but he is full of emotion, something that Voldemort fails to understand. Perhaps Harry will throw him off by a revelation in the duel about poor Merope. Voldemort would be thrown aback at pity or any kind of emotion that was not hate. Harry has to use positive emotions/spells to defeat him. Love made him flee Harry when he possessed him. Hermione may come up with the answer. She is now the brains of the operation so to speak.

Actually, we don't know how smart Harry really is. He has been under threat of death for most of the books. Harry does react quickly in duels if he is not angry that is. He has survived 3 meetings with death eaters so far.

Old Post 07-20-2005 02:07 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #5  quote:

Yeah, but I really doubt he can do all the spells Dumbledore and Voldemort were throwing at each other in Book 5. He is ahead than most, but he is nowhere close to Dumbledore or Voldemort when it comes to knowledge. Even Dumbledore acknowledged that Voldemort is perhaps the most knowledgable wizard alive.

M.

Old Post 07-20-2005 02:11 AM
Click here to Send adityamahesh a Private Message Find more posts by adityamahesh Add adityamahesh to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore adityamahesh REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #6  quote:

That is true. It would take years for him to learn what they know. Still, sometimes a simple spell can work. Who knows what Harry may put out of the bag. Hell, if it were me, I would get Hermione to use the Prince's book and cook up a whopping load of Felix for my use.

Old Post 07-20-2005 02:13 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #7  quote:

Yeah, it only takes 6 months. I suppose both Hermione and Slughorn should start now.

M.

Old Post 07-20-2005 02:18 AM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #8  quote:

Well you know that Voldemort never gets around to trying to really kill Harry until May or June, so they have time.

Old Post 07-20-2005 02:26 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #9  quote:

Exactly. Something or the other will keep him delayed.

M.

Old Post 07-20-2005 02:27 AM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #10  quote:

It must be that dratted Christmas Card list. All the friends he needs to send cards to over the holidays.

Old Post 07-20-2005 02:36 AM

Gold Member
flying panda
HPFanaticINR

Local time: 02:06 AM

post #11  quote:

If harry possesed Voldemort, that would drive him made, and then talk about his mother and family, and loving memories, that might really finish him off. Harry might burn up in the pain though

Old Post 07-20-2005 02:48 AM
Click here to Send flying panda a Private Message View flying panda's Journal Find more posts by flying panda Add flying panda to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore flying panda REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #12  quote:

Now that would be funny. Voldie is too good at Occlumency, but oh what a funny idea.

Old Post 07-20-2005 02:49 AM

daemon17
Elizabeth Formositas
Montclaire House

Local time: 08:06 PM

post #13  quote:

As I said before I believe that the order of the phoenix will help to train harry before his battle. I think madeye and other aurors will come in handy.

I also think that it is most important for Harry to use wandless magic. Because this gives him the split second edge that he needs, the split second edge that he needed when he tried to use spells on snape at the end of the 6th book.

Old Post 07-20-2005 03:16 AM
Click here to Send daemon17 a Private Message Visit daemon17's homepage! Find more posts by daemon17 Add daemon17 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore daemon17 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #14  quote:

Imagine what a few weeks of intensive training with Mad Eye would do for him. That man knows how to survive.

I have a suspicion that McGonagall is high on Voldemort's hit list.

Old Post 07-20-2005 03:32 AM

daemon17
Elizabeth Formositas
Montclaire House

post #15  quote:

I think it would be awesome if Mad eye gave potter lessons. How cool would that be. Maybe if harry's lucky, he'll get a cool eye too!

Old Post 07-20-2005 04:33 AM
Click here to Send daemon17 a Private Message Visit daemon17's homepage! Find more posts by daemon17 Add daemon17 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore daemon17 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #16  quote:

Potter doing wandless magic? I would say that is highly improbable, although not impossible. He has not even mastered Occlumency. Even Dumbledore and Voldemort had to use wands to duel each other. As I have said before, Potter is nowhere near as talented, powerful or knowledgeable as Dumbledore or Voldemort. I think Voldemort's destruction would be by something extremely special and it would require Harry to use his special power, i.e. his ability to love.

M.

Old Post 07-20-2005 06:00 AM

daemon17
Elizabeth Formositas
Montclaire House

post #17  quote:

* edit * that was supposed to be wordless magic but by the time i'd realized I'd made the mistake it wouldn't let me edit, so I hoped everyone would just know what I was thinking.. as they should if they've been practicing their legilimency..

Old Post 07-20-2005 06:19 AM

Gold Member
flying panda
HPFanaticINR

post #18  quote:

I understood

Old Post 07-20-2005 11:06 AM
Click here to Send flying panda a Private Message View flying panda's Journal Find more posts by flying panda Add flying panda to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore flying panda REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

Local time: 10:06 AM

post #19  quote:

Harry's going to give Voldemort a hug, and he'll die from it.

You just wait, you'll all see!

Old Post 07-20-2005 11:36 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
flying panda
HPFanaticINR

post #20  quote:

There has to be a reason for Harry knowing about Voldemorts Family, thats proberly why Voldemort Feared Dumbledore so much, because he knew about his passed.

I think Harry will torment Voldemort by telling him of the pitty of his mother. And tell the DE how Voldemort is a half blood.

Or maybe Harry will have tea and crumpits with Voldemort and discuse their feelings about why he killed his father, and how he feels about his mother ding at his birth.

Old Post 07-20-2005 11:49 AM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #21  quote:

Yeah, Voldemort hasn't seen a shrink in a while. That might help him with his 'Dark Lord' mania.

M.

Old Post 07-20-2005 03:15 PM

Staff
White Tiger
Trust Me

post #22  quote:

There's a question thats been on my mind for a while now. The question is this,

Is there a magical Military?

I mean wars aren't won by militia (which technically the Order and the Death Eaters are) but they are won by armies. So it's a reasonable sugestion that there should be a Magical Military but I'm just not sure.

Old Post 07-21-2005 12:39 AM
Click here to Send White Tiger a Private Message Find more posts by White Tiger Add White Tiger to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
flying panda
HPFanaticINR

post #23  quote:

quote:
Is there a magical Military?

The aururs? (spl) ... but there are so few Wizards that i think the order and DE (we dont know how many exactly are in either) would count as a large group/gathering

Old Post 07-21-2005 12:45 AM

Staff
White Tiger
Trust Me

post #24  quote:

The Aurors are the wizard equivilant to the muggle police and police don't fight wars but leave it to the armies.

Basically the Order are a Militia. They are a group of volenteers brought together to fight a threat to their country. They fight independantly and, compared to an army, are ill disiplined.

The Death Eaters are a horde. A large group of ill trained, ill-lead and ill-disiplined men and women. They use superier numbers to overwealm their enemie.

Neither one of them can be considered an proper army. The army would be an independant faction from the ministry controlled faction of Aurors.

The Aurors themselves are more of a militia than an army. They dont fight in regiments for one thing, and in comparison to an army they are ill-disiplined.

Old Post 07-21-2005 01:06 AM
Click here to Send White Tiger a Private Message Find more posts by White Tiger Add White Tiger to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #25  quote:

I don't think there is any type of army. They seem to rely on a code of ethics. It appears that Voldemort may have been the first to start a war, so they were so ill ready for it. That is why most of the OOP got picked off during the early years.

Old Post 07-21-2005 03:31 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #26  quote:

Well, they're obviously trying to build some sort of army... since Voldemort's got a whole heap of groups on his side: the Giants, the Werewolves, and so on.... the Order are trying to recruit different species themselves, obviously for some sort of battle that will occur... well, if Harry doesn't stop the Dark Lord in time, that is.

Old Post 07-21-2005 03:54 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #27  quote:

We have to wonder where the other magical creatures will fall in the battle for the order or for Voldiepoo. We still have these creatures to consider

Veelas
Goblins
Werewolves- they are undecided
leprechuans
vampires

Old Post 07-21-2005 03:57 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #28  quote:

Well, you know the "leader" (well, the most evil) of the werewolves is on Voldie's side, though the problem is that werewolves themselves aren't evil... they're just... hairy a few times a year...

As for vampires, I daresay they'll be on the baddies side. We haven't really seen any yet, so who knows if they'll even be mentioned.

Goblins... interesitng question. I dare say they stay impartial to it all. I mean, Bill could get Harry's money from Gringotts without a hassle... so, well, they're obviously still guarding the bank without a problem.

Old Post 07-21-2005 04:03 AM

daemon17
Elizabeth Formositas
Montclaire House

post #29  quote:

Hey don't forget about mermaids and centuars... although they both seem to be the type to stay neutral, chances are, that if they are attacked they will join in the battles.

Old Post 07-21-2005 05:08 AM

Miniluv518
Crackerjack

Local time: 09:06 PM

post #30  quote:

I have a question bout the final battle.
Do you think Harry's going to use the Avada Kadaver curse on Voldemort? On the one hand, it might be the only way to finish him off. On the other hand, I'd hate to see Harry become a murderer, even to kill Voldemort. Do you think there's another way to kill V. besides the killing curse?

Old Post 08-17-2005 04:31 AM
Click here to Send Miniluv518 a Private Message Find more posts by Miniluv518 Add Miniluv518 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Miniluv518 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 02:06 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Arts & Entertainment > Books > Harry Potter > The Harry Potter Books > Book 6: HP & the Half-Blood Prince > Speculation about the final battle in book 7
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: