Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Lounge Lizards > What are your character flaws?
Search this Thread:
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 34 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Gold Member
Spaliznad
yup

Local time: 03:24 PM

post #31  quote:

quote:
the_way_it_is said this in post #26 :

Oh, come on: Put a little of your impulsive behaviour into trying some vegan pizza.

Men have been killed for lesser offenses.

Old Post 06-19-2005 05:43 AM
Click here to Send Spaliznad a Private Message View Spaliznad's Journal Find more posts by Spaliznad Add Spaliznad to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Spaliznad Send a Yahoo message to Spaliznad Click Here to Ignore Spaliznad REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Flutterbywingz
Taking Flight

Local time: 04:24 PM

post #32  quote:

quote:
Spaliznad said this in post #31 :

Men have been killed for lesser offenses.

And so they should have been.

Old Post 06-19-2005 05:46 AM
Click here to Send Flutterbywingz a Private Message Find more posts by Flutterbywingz Add Flutterbywingz to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Flutterbywingz REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Spaliznad
yup

post #33  quote:

This is true. Once someone told me I was "such a nice guy". In my head I thought, "yeah, and I'm starting to think that it's one of my major weaknesses."

Old Post 06-19-2005 05:56 AM
Click here to Send Spaliznad a Private Message View Spaliznad's Journal Find more posts by Spaliznad Add Spaliznad to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Spaliznad Send a Yahoo message to Spaliznad Click Here to Ignore Spaliznad REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Flutterbywingz
Taking Flight

post #34  quote:

Niceness: Most of the meanies view that as a weakness.

To the rest of the nice people, we view meanness as a sign of intolerance of goodness.

In the end, Heavens11, I think the nice people will finish first.

Old Post 06-19-2005 05:59 AM
Click here to Send Flutterbywingz a Private Message Find more posts by Flutterbywingz Add Flutterbywingz to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Flutterbywingz REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Spaliznad
yup

post #35  quote:

one can only hope

Old Post 06-19-2005 06:00 AM

Staff
Sierradaddy
Days of Future Past...

post #36  quote:

Oh I forgot another one of my flaws...

I have to keep a CLOSE eye on my temper, ever since I was a kid. Now, it's not so hard to keep control. In fact it would take a LOT to make me lose control, but when I do, WATCH OUT.

I got it from my father. I've seen him almost literally turn into a horned demon, snarling and crouched over like he's ready to use his goat legs to pounce on someone and rend them to shreds.

Oh, and I'm also a really nice guy. Still waters, people............

Old Post 06-19-2005 06:07 AM
Click here to Send Sierradaddy a Private Message Find more posts by Sierradaddy Add Sierradaddy to your buddy list Sierradaddy's MSN ID is smoothline98@hotmail.com Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #37  quote:

quote:
Heavens11 said this in post #33 :
My main character flaw can be summed up in the following phrase:

Nice guys finish last.

Period... dot... end of story.

Thats just not true with you. YOU are kind and gentle, helpful. and all nice things. Life will turn around for you just remember I chose you for my WEdnesday Buddy no one else

NiCE PEOPLE GET TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF A LOT BUT THATS ONL.Y BECAUSE We ARE OPEN TO OTHERS Thats not a fault its a good thing

D

Old Post 06-19-2005 06:17 PM
Click here to Send Delta a Private Message Find more posts by Delta Add Delta to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Delta REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #38  quote:

quote:
Spaliznad said this in post #36 :
one can only hope

Come on Spal so what if you are a nice guy.? We sure need them here. Glad to see you back
D

Old Post 06-19-2005 06:21 PM
Click here to Send Delta a Private Message Find more posts by Delta Add Delta to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Delta REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Oliphaunt
Mad World

Local time: 09:24 PM

post #39  quote:

N

Old Post 06-19-2005 07:15 PM
Click here to Send Oliphaunt a Private Message Find more posts by Oliphaunt Add Oliphaunt to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Oliphaunt REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

Local time: 01:24 PM

post #40  quote:

Flaws o' mine:

I talk really loudly without meaning to. I've been told on many occasions to not talk so loudly.

I am egotistical, but I don't mind. It boosts my self-esteem quite nicely.

I think I'm the smartest kid in my grade, save a few that are just about as smart as me. This goes along with "flaw" number 2. It's not helped by my teachers telling me how freaking smart I am, either or that I should try out for an advisory position this really important lady in Oregon. Also didn't help that I got it. Dang, I bet I come off as this smug genious kid at school. I must not be too bad, though, because everyone says I'm awefully nice and they like to hang out with me even though I won't do their homework for them.

I don't mind putting down my friend's republicanness. It's all in good fun, though, because they call me libral scum and we have a good laugh. It sets me in a bad habit, though, and now I make fun of other republicans who aren't my buds. Oops

Old Post 06-19-2005 07:57 PM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #41  quote:

quote:
Heavens11 said this in post #43 :

Thanks, Delta. It may be time to be a Wednesday buddy! What do you think?

This WEdnesday will be just fine I sure could use some fooling around. Wiith you only

D I will find you or you track me, its time for us tohave some fun...

Old Post 06-20-2005 12:29 AM

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #42  quote:

My flaws...

And Im sure there are people that will remind me of any I am missing! Haha!!

I dont trust people (though Im not sure I consider that a flaw in this day and age).

Im not overly sensitive to people's feelings many times...

I could care less about how people feel about me...I figure if they dont like me, then so be it...many people do like me, so if they dont, I dont care.

I over explain things to some people because I have a tendency to think that some people arent smart enough to understand something stated simply.

I have no tolerance for people who "just dont get it."

I have little patience when I have to wait for anything.

Old Post 06-20-2005 05:14 AM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 02:24 PM

post #43  quote:

As I see it, you are prejudiced against people who aren't as smart as you. I take offense at that, yessir, I definitely do.

M.

Old Post 06-20-2005 06:29 AM
Click here to Send adityamahesh a Private Message Find more posts by adityamahesh Add adityamahesh to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore adityamahesh REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

becker
Definitively Illumined

post #44  quote:

I am too trusting.

I actuallty believe what others say.

Old Post 06-20-2005 02:29 PM
Click here to Send becker a Private Message Find more posts by becker Add becker to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore becker REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Pippin
INReview Maven

Local time: 01:24 PM

post #45  quote:

Oh, I'm kinda like that, too. I'm very literal. Some people say it's being gullible to always take people by what they say, but I'd rather do that than expect them to be lying.

Old Post 06-20-2005 04:21 PM
Click here to Send Pippin a Private Message Find more posts by Pippin Add Pippin to your buddy list Pippin's MSN ID is persephone@ados.com Click Here to Ignore Pippin REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #46  quote:

Mystic, time to implement your 'No tolerance' policy.

M.

Old Post 06-20-2005 04:46 PM
Click here to Send adityamahesh a Private Message Find more posts by adityamahesh Add adityamahesh to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore adityamahesh REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #47  quote:

My flaws:

Booze

I'm not sure that's a character flaw so much as a bad habit.

I'm absent-minded.
I'm argumentative.

other people might think this is a flaw:
I'm very detached, very stoic. I don't care about much.

I think people who do care are the ones with the character flaws though

Old Post 06-20-2005 04:53 PM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

nikiTa
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 05:54 PM

post #48  quote:

quote:
Dekka00 said this in post #51 :
My flaws:

A Booze
I'm not sure that's a character flaw so much as a bad habit

B I don't care about much.

From my very limited (uch hmm sarcasm) experience with this...

A allows B to happen.

And when you eliminate A, B starts to go away and you start to care and face the music... So then you go back to A so that B will kick in and you can cope.

The song "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd is playing in the background.

---brought to you by 12 steps

Old Post 06-20-2005 05:42 PM
Find more posts by nikiTa Add nikiTa to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore nikiTa REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #49  quote:

I don't have a problem with booze I have a problem if I don't have any. Hee Hee Go Dekka at least we drunks need to stand together.

Sorry T but you can't be in our club anymore as you got RELigion.
D

Old Post 06-20-2005 06:14 PM

Staff
Sierradaddy
Days of Future Past...

post #50  quote:

My morning breath is pretty wicked...

Old Post 06-20-2005 06:29 PM
Click here to Send Sierradaddy a Private Message Find more posts by Sierradaddy Add Sierradaddy to your buddy list Sierradaddy's MSN ID is smoothline98@hotmail.com Reply w/Quote

nikiTa
Definitively Illumined

post #51  quote:

quote:
Delta said this in post #53 :
I don't have a problem with booze I have a problem if I don't have any. Hee Hee Go Dekka at least we drunks need to stand together.

Sorry T but you can't be in our club anymore as you got RELigion.
D

What club is that?
Idon'thavereligion!!!
I don't have "religion" either.

I just don't drink anymore to cover up my problems!!!

I deal with them and look pretty stupid doing it too!!!
But I don't care if I look stoopid either. And I don't need alcohol to not care about looking stoopid.
Garbage comes up and I take it to Jesus. That's not getting religion! That's getting help!

Old Post 06-20-2005 06:32 PM
Find more posts by nikiTa Add nikiTa to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore nikiTa REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #52  quote:

I was just teasing you T. Chill girl take a joke or go find one and put it on the funiest threaD, i JUST PUT ONE on there to jive up the joint.

D

Old Post 06-20-2005 06:38 PM

nikiTa
Definitively Illumined

post #53  quote:

Ok...

flaw # 1,111,000:

I cannot take teasing.

<Lighten up woman!!!> said to self

Old Post 06-20-2005 06:40 PM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #54  quote:

quote:
Sierradaddy said this in post #54 :
My morning breath is pretty wicked...

Yeah, mine can put a rhino to coma.

M.

Old Post 06-20-2005 06:50 PM

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #55  quote:

T send me your email by PM I lost it

You guys would make any gal just swoon NOT!!!!

D

Old Post 06-20-2005 06:58 PM

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

post #56  quote:

quote:
Delta said this in post #59 :
You guys would make any gal just swoon NOT!!!!

D

No swooning intended anyway, so all is good in my kingdom.

Plus it can be an effective tool if I ever want to break up with a woman.

M.

Old Post 06-20-2005 07:03 PM

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #57  quote:

Yeah M but first you go to get one and with Kangaro breathe it hard to imagine anything but another Kangaroo being impressed.
J'/K

D

Old Post 06-20-2005 07:24 PM

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #58  quote:

Well there is one of my flagrant flaws impatience with the little button. Sorry guys.

D

Old Post 06-20-2005 07:56 PM

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

post #59  quote:

Hey guys go read my joke and pretend its not me its on The funiest thread

D

Old Post 06-20-2005 07:57 PM

schmiggens
Outrageous

Local time: 05:24 AM

post #60  quote:

I have really bad comminication skills, I am horrible at meeting people, making new friends, etc. I never know what to say to anyone, I always end up looking either stupid or snobby. Once you get me in the group though, I open up pretty quick and can maintain a friendship on a basic level, but I have trust issues, especially with girls, so I don't have "best friends", i just have mates.

I cannot stand mess. Dirt I can handle, but not mess. The floor can be dirty, but it can't be covered in things, mess, you know. I like un-cluttered surfaces. I hate ornaments and things like that, they just make more mess. I want to clean other people's places when they have stuff everywhere.

I always think everyone is judging me and everyone thinks I am not good enough. Like right now, you all are judging this post and thinking I am crazy and one day you are all going to bombard me with PM's telling me how stupid I am and that you never want me to post on INR again, or something.

Well, maybe not that crazy, but if I see someone looking at me, it's never a minor thing, it's always because of a big pimple/ my wig's on wrong/ I forgot to draw my eyebrows on properly/ etc. I never think anyone's looking at me because thye like my shirt or whatever, it always a bad thing and I have to find a mirror to check myself.

I never finish sentences, I end them with "and ..... you know" or "so .............." or things like that. It's a really odd thing to do, I don't know why ............

I have so many more ... I am loopy.

Old Post 06-21-2005 09:13 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 09:24 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 34 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Lounge Lizards > What are your character flaws?
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: