Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > Norway woman convicted for raping a man.
Search this Thread:
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Barbed wire
Veteran

Local time: 11:23 AM

Norway woman convicted for raping a man. post #1  quote:

The 31-year-old man fell asleep on a sofa at a party in January last year and told the court in the western city of Bergen he woke to find the 23-year-old woman was having oral sex with him.

Under Norwegian law, all sexual acts with someone who is "unconscious or for other reasons unable to oppose the act" are considered rape.

The court sentenced the woman on Wednesday to nine months in jail and ordered her to pay 40,000 Norwegian crowns ($6,355) in compensation.

"This is a very harsh sentence," the woman's lawyer, Per Magne Kristiansen, told the Norwegian news agency NTB. The woman argued the man had been awake and consented.

The prosecutor had sought a 10-month sentence and argued the court should not be more lenient with a woman than a man. It was Norway's first conviction of a woman for rape.

Norway has long traditions of equality -- 40 percent of the cabinet of Prime Minister Kjell Magne Bondevik, for instance, are women.

Old Post 04-29-2005 09:14 PM
Click here to Send Barbed wire a Private Message Find more posts by Barbed wire Add Barbed wire to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Barbed wire REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 01:23 AM

post #2  quote:

Now that is more like it. Women shouldn't be allowed to get away with such stuff. My congratulations to that man. I wonder if she was hot or ugly? That can be a determining factor in whether you feel violated or not.

M.

Old Post 04-29-2005 09:20 PM
Click here to Send adityamahesh a Private Message Find more posts by adityamahesh Add adityamahesh to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore adityamahesh REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

Local time: 02:23 AM

post #3  quote:

9 months in jail doesnt seem all that harsh to me...

If this were a man sodomizing a woman, in this country at least he would be given years to serve in jail...not nine months and a compensation amount.

Equality in Norway? Does a man who sodomizes a woman in Norway only get convicted for nine months? Why do I not buy that?

Seems to me that she got off with a very light sentence.

Old Post 04-29-2005 10:53 PM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

adityamahesh
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 01:23 AM

post #4  quote:

quote:
The prosecutor had sought a 10-month sentence and argued the court should not be more lenient with a woman than a man. It was Norway's first conviction of a woman for rape.

I suppose the sentence is different for sodomizing.

M.

Old Post 04-29-2005 11:35 PM
Click here to Send adityamahesh a Private Message Find more posts by adityamahesh Add adityamahesh to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore adityamahesh REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #5  quote:

quote:
adityamahesh said this in post #4 :

I suppose the sentence is different for sodomizing.

M.

Ah yes, ye ole double standard!

Old Post 04-30-2005 12:52 AM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

Local time: 12:23 AM

post #6  quote:

Well, was she hot?

-HECK!

Old Post 04-30-2005 03:20 AM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #7  quote:

quote:
adityamahesh said this in post #2 :
I wonder if she was hot or ugly? That can be a determining factor in whether you feel violated or not.

M.

quote:
HECK said this in post #6 :
Well, was she hot?

-HECK!

You guys are something else!!!

Old Post 04-30-2005 06:26 PM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #8  quote:

quote:
HECK said this in post #6 :
Well, was she hot?

-HECK!

I think everyone wondered what she looked like.

Old Post 04-30-2005 09:26 PM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

becker
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 03:23 AM

post #9  quote:

She probably had bad breath.....or "Trenchmouth."...or very sharp teeth........ouch.............

Old Post 05-01-2005 12:30 AM
Click here to Send becker a Private Message Find more posts by becker Add becker to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore becker REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #10  quote:

Yeah, if you wake up at a party and see Cindy Crawford's face in your lap, I don't think you're gonna call the fuzz.

I bet she had a hair-lip.

-HECK!

Old Post 05-01-2005 02:39 AM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #11  quote:

maybe she had a mustache!

Old Post 05-01-2005 02:53 AM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #12  quote:

Awww, yes, the ol' tickler. Maybe that's why he woke up.

-HECK!

Old Post 05-01-2005 03:12 AM
Time: 08:23 AM Post New Thread   
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > Norway woman convicted for raping a man.
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: