Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > Hot Topics > Agree2Disagree > Euthanasia/Right to Die > Michael may not have good intentions.
Search this Thread:
Pages (6):  [1] 23 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Gold Member
Edward Teach
Blackbeard

Local time: 07:53 AM

Michael may not have good intentions. post #1  quote:

Today in a Fox News Exclusive, they interviewed an RN who cared for Terri around 1995. At that time she had Terry eating from a baby bottle, speaking saying things like Hi, Pain and a few other words. Should would sit in a chair in the lobby and smile at people as they came in.

She also checked Terri's vital signs often. She said Terri was doing very well then all of a sudden after a visit from her husband Michael she regressed. Upon taking her vitals and blood sugar she found her blood sugar to be ZERO. This could only mean one thing. She got a shot of insulin. So she looked and found needle marks on her and checked the waste basket and found a syringe hidden under other items in the basket.

She also said that Michael would say nasty things like When is that b**ch going to die.

She flat accused Michael of trying to kill Terri with insulin.

Old Post 03-22-2005 11:10 PM
Click here to Send Edward Teach a Private Message View Edward Teach's Journal Visit Edward Teach's homepage! Find more posts by Edward Teach Add Edward Teach to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Edward Teach REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Edward Teach
Blackbeard

post #2  quote:

Oh and the RN was fired, she also went to the police concerning Michaels actions.

Why is he getting away with this?

Old Post 03-22-2005 11:14 PM
Click here to Send Edward Teach a Private Message View Edward Teach's Journal Visit Edward Teach's homepage! Find more posts by Edward Teach Add Edward Teach to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Edward Teach REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

nikiTa
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 09:23 AM

post #3  quote:

Was she fired for reporting this?

Old Post 03-22-2005 11:17 PM
Find more posts by nikiTa Add nikiTa to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore nikiTa REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

Local time: 06:53 AM

post #4  quote:

I heard about this..

Here is my problem with it...

She waited until NOW to say something? Where has this woman been all this time?

If she called the police...where's the police report?

I also heard that she said that he ripped stuff out of her medical records...as if! How does someone get their hands on someone else's medical records? This nurse left her records in the room? ALL of them? She never documented any of this...never TOLD any of this to anyone...Oh, until now.

Where does he get a syringe filled with insulin? Another police report never documented by either the police or the doctors? She obviously never reported it to the doctors...anyone wonder why? Maybe because it never happened?

I think this lady is trying to start something now because of this...obviously we know where she stands on this issue.

There is NO documentation of this ever happening...no records by her...no records by the police...no records from the doctors.

No records by anyone at all..but we are supposed to take her word for it without anything at all to back her words up?

Now...Im sorry...exactly who is the one with an agenda here?

Exactly!

Old Post 03-22-2005 11:46 PM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

Local time: 04:53 AM

post #5  quote:

If this had happened, she would NOT have waited. This is all bs. I'm sorry... it's call, 'A little too late!" People will do ANYTHING to get famous, for 15 minutes, or to make a buck.

Old Post 03-23-2005 12:15 AM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
lickety_split
Lickety

post #6  quote:

I think the husband looks a little suspect in this. I mean, I've been watching him on CNN and all the interviews and he comes across as a real stubborn arse! Even worse than Terri's parents. I think he wanted her to die early on for the money and when he lost it all to the lawyers, is seeking vengance on Terri's parents because he can. I don't like this guy at all!

I truly feel for Terri and I wish we knew what her wishes were from her own testimony and I wish if she is even 1% with us that she has hope for improvement and possibly regain some of her brain activity. If she is 'really brain-dead" it is sad for us to keep her alive knowing that she is alive only to die. She has no real life and no function left. Her tube is out now 4 days (I think) and THAT'S suffering.

I don't know if I feel as strong as some of the posters here, but I do believe she should have been dealt with earlier. It's been 15 years of suffering for her, or 15 years of hanging on by a thread.

I coudn't imagine anyone playing GOD, can you?

Old Post 03-23-2005 12:47 AM
Click here to Send lickety_split a Private Message Find more posts by lickety_split Add lickety_split to your buddy list Send a Yahoo message to lickety_split Click Here to Ignore lickety_split REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #7  quote:

quote:
Heavens11 said this in post #6 :
When she contacted the police regarding this incident, the police supposedly asked her if she saw Michael stick the needle in her arm or under her breast. Since the answer was "no", the accusation was disregarded.

It should have been disregarded...how does one make a claim without witnessing something...a little hard dont you think? But dont you find it odd that it was on NO other report that she wrote? Nothing ever stated this. It doesnt take anything to write a report on what she thought...but she never did that.

She stated she found the syringe with remnants of insulin, along with the small insulin bottle, hidden in the trash in the room.

I know..but what did she do with it? Did she bring it to the police to have it tested for fingerprints? Did she tell anyone? Write a report about it? Another no I am assuming. How do we even know it ever really existed if she never documented it?

And we're supposed to take Michael's word on what Terri wanted to do with her life should she be in a vegetative state without anything at all to back her words up?

He isnt the only one who has stated that Terri said this...many of her friends also testified and even some of her other family members did as well...so yes I think we can take his words (along with theirs) over this woman. She didnt write ANYTHING down! Nothing at all!

Dont even tell me that NOW she decided to remember all this...no written documentation to back her up at all? Thats pretty unbelieveable considering what she said she saw...

A nurse that doesnt document anything? No..Im sorry, I dont buy it.

Old Post 03-23-2005 03:36 AM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

schmiggens
Outrageous

Local time: 08:53 PM

post #8  quote:

If you read the article I posted here it's actually two different nurses who have reported seeing these things, not just one.

Old Post 03-23-2005 03:40 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #9  quote:

Im sorry....but where have these women been all this time?

If they thought there was some abusive nature by him...they should have documented it and put it down in writing...to come out and now say that they witnessed this...I dont know...

Now we dont just have one nurse who didnt document anything, but now we have two.

If these women saw anything at all...they could have called a social worker...but they never did that.

It isnt like this happened in the 70's...this happened (so they say) in the 90's. People were well aware of the rights of patients then.

It doesnt take anything to make a call to the hospital social worker or doctors or staff....seems that if they did see something, they were negligent in their actions themselves.

I know..the one women said she went to the police....but she went there with an accusation but no proof to back it up. Who else did she tell? Obviously no one.

I mean who goes to the police without telling anyone at the hospital first? She didnt even tell the hospital administration? She just went to the cops with some flimsy story that couldnt be proved without telling another single person?

Old Post 03-23-2005 03:53 AM

nikiTa
Definitively Illumined

post #10  quote:

It is in writing in a sworn affidavit which the courts have had the opportunity to see.
The affidavit was given before witnesses with perjury being the result of any mistatement.

And she told her immediate supervisor.
The police came to her house for a statement. And she was let go from her job the next day.

Old Post 03-23-2005 03:58 AM
Find more posts by nikiTa Add nikiTa to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore nikiTa REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #11  quote:

quote:
sowhatsthetruth said this in post #11 :
It is in writing in a sworn affidavit which the courts have had the opportunity to see.
The affidavit was given before witnesses with perjury being the result of any mistatement.

And she told her immediate supervisor.
The police came to her house for a statement. And she was let go from her job the next day.

Well..okay thats the first I heard of that.

But I have a hard time believing that Schiavo had that much influence on a hospital. I just find that really odd. He isnt like rich or anything.

I dont know...if the courts saw it, they obviously didnt put much merit into it.

Thats the way I have to look at that.

I mean this woman saw nothing...she witnessed nothing. She couldnt prove anything.

Id like to know the real story as to why she was fired.

What is the hospital saying? Maybe we should wait to hear them before listening to her and taking that as the total truth.

Like I said..she never saw him do anything..well saw anything enough that had merit. As far as Im concerned anything she said was a flimsy argument that had no obvious standing to it whatsoever.

Old Post 03-23-2005 04:07 AM

Gold Member
Edward Teach
Blackbeard

post #12  quote:

By the way, in regard to the needle sticks, if you see track marks on a drug addict's arms does that mean that he is not a user because you didn't see him actually injecting himself?

Old Post 03-23-2005 04:17 AM

nikiTa
Definitively Illumined

post #13  quote:

I think we don't know the whole story in this entire situation.
As much as the publicity etc....there are alot of unanswered questions.

Like why won't he divorce her?
He had another relationship one year afterward...he's sleeping with other women...why does he hang onto marriage...just so that she will die in dignity? I can't imagine he won't divorce her for religious reasons!

A 3 million dollar offer and he turns it down...all so that she can die in dignity?
I'm not buying that side of the story either.

It's a clusterfluegen to say the least.

According to this nurse, Michael would go into her room, shut the door and request that no one come in. That's when her blood sugar dropped and she found the needle of insulin. She also said that he was extremely intimidating with the staff all the time. His comments about "When will this b die" etc were made before staff and visitors.

Old Post 03-23-2005 04:17 AM

Gold Member
Edward Teach
Blackbeard

post #14  quote:

Why did it take 7 years for him to come to the realization that Terri had verbalized a "living will"?

Answer: Another family, insurance and inheritance.

Old Post 03-23-2005 04:19 AM

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #15  quote:

quote:
Ron Ackerman said this in post #15 :
Why did it take 7 years for him to come to the realization that Terri had verbalized a "living will"?

Answer: Another family, insurance and inheritance.

It was actually 5 years.

I believe he didnt have his new family until after that...but I dont know for sure.

No insurance money Im sure...what ever was there is most likely gone at this point in medical costs.

I dont know what the amount was of this inheritance she did recieve...was it before or after the heart attack? Is it even still there?

Anyhow...I thought you all might be interested in this.

Carla Iyers affidavit:

http://www.propertyrightsresearch.o...r_affidavit.htm

Those are just my thought Im expressing...I am certainly not in a position to argue about a he said/she said matter without seeing what is actually true and what isnt.

I cant just take one word over the other...Imean if the courts saw no merit...Im gonna go with their view.

Sorry...dont mean to offend anyone with that but thats just how I see it.

Old Post 03-23-2005 04:24 AM

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #16  quote:

quote:
Ron Ackerman said this in post #13 :
By the way, in regard to the needle sticks, if you see track marks on a drug addict's arms does that mean that he is not a user because you didn't see him actually injecting himself?

Its a little bit different of a story.

If she didnt witness him actually doing it, it could have been anyone, if it even happened at all...we dont even know that for a fact.

Im sorry if you feel that he is guilty for that...but we dont even know if that story is true.

She could have easily taken it and had it checked for prints. Did the hospital document for this blood test she said happened?

Doesnt anyone find it odd that an everyday person could just walk into a hospital and have total influence on the whole system? I do.

Thats why I doubt her story somewhat.

Old Post 03-23-2005 04:28 AM

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #17  quote:

quote:
Heavens11 said this in post #17 :

And as far as I'm concerned, anything Michael Schiavo said regarding the wishes of Terri Schiavo is flimsy and has no standing to it whatsoever. There were those who testified stating that Terri loved life and never would have said those things.

But again, like I said..she had both friends and family members (on her side of the family) testify that she wanted this.

The people that stated she didnt are the ones that said that even if she did want this, they wouldnt grant it.

Old Post 03-23-2005 04:31 AM

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #18  quote:

Well..this is just how I feel at this point. There is only the he said/she said with the nurse and the husband.

I cant argue anything else without much more needed facts.

Old Post 03-23-2005 04:32 AM

nikiTa
Definitively Illumined

post #19  quote:

Where is this $700,000?
She has been getting no speech therapy, physical therapy, rehabilitation whatsoever.
The family has been wanting to provide these things, but Schiavo won't allow it.

Divorce her. Why won't he divorce her? Will he not receive this 700K if he divorces her? No wonder he wants her dead as soon as possible.
And with all these other allegations, there may be another motive.

It's all very fishy.

Old Post 03-23-2005 04:35 AM

Gold Member
Edward Teach
Blackbeard

post #20  quote:

He has denied her any therapy, she hasn't seen that outdoors for years. He has denied any work with her in eating normally.

I think the courts should apply the feeding tube long enough to send her to a team of doctors to run her throught every test they can think of. If they then come back and say she is a lost cause then so be it.

Old Post 03-23-2005 04:35 AM

Gold Member
Edward Teach
Blackbeard

post #21  quote:

Just as in the Scott Peterson case, Divorce is always an option.

Old Post 03-23-2005 04:37 AM

schmiggens
Outrageous

Local time: 08:53 PM

post #22  quote:

quote:
I think the courts should apply the feeding tube long enough to send her to a team of doctors to run her throught every test they can think of. If they then come back and say she is a lost cause then so be it.

Really that should've been the first thing happened.

They've probably tried, but I am sure that her parents can apply for guardianship or legal power of attorney based on the fact that Terri's husband is not looking out for Terri's best interests, has not enough interest in Terri (evidenced by his new relationship/ family), and is not giving her the care she needs.

I think the husband just really needs to be removed from the picture.

Old Post 03-23-2005 04:41 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

nikiTa
Definitively Illumined

post #23  quote:

quote:
mystic said this in post #18 :

She could have easily taken it and had it checked for prints. Did the hospital document for this blood test she said happened?

Doesnt anyone find it odd that an everyday person could just walk into a hospital and have total influence on the whole system? I do.

Thats why I doubt her story somewhat.

First of all, it was a nursing home not a hospital.
Secondly, before Shiavo went into the room he grabbed her chart from the staff.

My grandmother, barely 5 foot tall commanded my grandfather's nursing home in the same manner. It is extremely possible. But she did it to ensure that they were taking the best care of my Pops as possible. Believe me, if a 5 foot granny can command a nursing home so could a big young man who may not have had the best intentions for his wife.

Old Post 03-23-2005 04:45 AM

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #24  quote:

I found this to be interesting:

I thought it was her husband...in actuality, the nurses claim they saw the marks after her parents left.

Police Cite "No Reason For Concern" Over Terri Schiavo's Puncture Marks
By Dave Reynolds, Inclusion Daily Express
March 30, 2004

CLEARWATER, FLORIDA--Terri Schiavo was rushed to a hospital emergency room Monday night, after nursing home workers reported finding what appeared to be marks made by a small hypodermic needle on her arms.

Terri was returned to the nursing home a few hours later, after toxicology and blood tests found no unauthorized drugs or other substances in her system.

"There is no reason for concern," Clearwater Police spokesman Wayne Shelor said. "Neither my detective who stopped by the scene at the hospital, nor the medical experts found anything that gave them any pause."

Michael Schiavo's attorney, George Felos, said the five small puncture wounds -- four on one arm, and one on the other -- indicated that Terri had been a victim of battery.

"It appears that someone was either trying to inject Terri Schiavo with something or withdraw fluids from her," Felos said. "Even if there was nothing injected in her body, there is certainly evidence of an unpermitted physical contact, a battery on her."

Nursing personnel said they noticed the marks immediately after Terri's parents, Bob and Mary Schindler, visited her for 45 minutes.

Mr. Schindler told a local television station that nothing was wrong when he left Terri. He denied inserting a needle into her arms.

George Tragos, an attorney representing the Schindlers, said it was "absurd" to suggest that Terri's parents were responsible for the marks.

"It's just another mean-spirited attack designed to get some judicial advantage," Tragos told the Associated Press.

Mr. Schiavo has ordered that Terri have no visitors until authorities have completed their investigation.

The Schindlers and Michael Schiavo have been waging a legal war over Terri's life for the past six years. While her parents believe she responds to her environment and is alert, her husband believes she has been in a "persistent vegetative state", that she cannot interact with her surroundings, cannot feel pain, and will not recover from her 1990 brain injury. He petitioned the court in 1998 to have her feeding tube removed, claiming that she told him before her injury that she would not have wanted to live "by artificial means".

The courts ordered her feeding tube removed so she would die of starvation and dehydration on October 16, 2003. Governor Jeb Bush, responding to tens of thousands of messages from disability rights advocates and right-to-life supporters, championed "Terri's Law" through the Legislature, giving him permission to have the feeding tube reinserted six days later.

Mr. Schiavo immediately sued the governor, claiming that the law violated Terri's privacy, along with the Florida Constitution. That case is still pending.

On Monday afternoon, Pinellas County Circuit Judge George W. Greer denied the Schindlers' motion seeking to have Mr. Schiavo defend their claims that he is violating a 1996 court order which required him to share medical information about Terri. Schiavo argued that he has shared sufficient information with them through attorneys, which he claimed is the accepted protocol.

Old Post 03-23-2005 04:45 AM

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #25  quote:

Appeals Court Wants Schiavo Case On Fast Track To Supreme Court;
Police Find No Criminal Intent Behind Puncture Marks

May 14, 2004

CLEARWATER, FLORIDA--There were two major developments in the case of Terri Schiavo, during the week that followed a local court's decision to toss out the law which has kept her alive since October.

On Wednesday, the 2nd District Court of Appeal indicated that it wants the state's challenge to a May 6 Pinellas Circuit Court decision moved quickly to the state Supreme Court. It gave Governor Jeb Bush and Terri's husband, Michael Schiavo, 10 days to explain why the ruling that overturned "Terri's Law" should not bypass the appeals court and be sent directly to the high court as "a matter of great importance requiring immediate resolution."

On Friday, Clearwater police said that puncture marks discovered on Terri's arm on March 29 were not caused deliberately and that a device found in her bed was actually a connector for medical feeding and irrigation tubes.

Michael Schiavo restricted visits to his wife when he suspected that Terri's parents, Bob and Mary Schindler, used a hypodermic needle to inject something into her.

Police Chief Sid Klein said their investigation found no evidence of harm, injury or violation from a criminal act. Toxicology tests found nothing unusual in Terri's blood. Klein said it was likely that the marks came from a lift used to transport Terri at the nursing home.

http://www.inclusiondaily.com/archi.../14.htm#schiavo

Old Post 03-23-2005 04:48 AM

nikiTa
Definitively Illumined

post #26  quote:

Yeah right.
Her affidavit said she worked in a nursing home.
She has been in nursing homes and hospices not hospitals.
I have obviously all along been stating this nurses statements.

RE post 26. We don't know what's the truth in this situation.

Has someone included the CIA in on this because there is more disinformation regarding this case than I have had to endure watching the entire Iraqi conflict unfold!

Old Post 03-23-2005 04:50 AM

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #27  quote:

quote:
sowhatsthetruth said this in post #28 :
Yeah right.
Her affidavit said she worked in a nursing home.
She has been in nursing homes and hospices not hospitals.
I have obviously all along been stating this nurses statements.

Okay...I mistakenly said hospital....

I dont understand the rest of what you are saying though. Im not stating that her "job" is making her a liar. Im confused.

Old Post 03-23-2005 04:52 AM

nikiTa
Definitively Illumined

post #28  quote:

quote:
mystic said this in post #27 :
Appeals Court Wants Schiavo Case On Fast Track To Supreme Court;
Police Find No Criminal Intent Behind Puncture Marks

May 14, 2004

CLEARWATER, FLORIDA--There were two major developments in the case of Terri Schiavo, during the week that followed a local court's decision to toss out the law which has kept her alive since October.

On Wednesday, the 2nd District Court of Appeal indicated that it wants the state's challenge to a May 6 Pinellas Circuit Court decision moved quickly to the state Supreme Court. It gave Governor Jeb Bush and Terri's husband, Michael Schiavo, 10 days to explain why the ruling that overturned "Terri's Law" should not bypass the appeals court and be sent directly to the high court as "a matter of great importance requiring immediate resolution."

On Friday, Clearwater police said that puncture marks discovered on Terri's arm on March 29 were not caused deliberately and that a device found in her bed was actually a connector for medical feeding and irrigation tubes.

Michael Schiavo restricted visits to his wife when he suspected that Terri's parents, Bob and Mary Schindler, used a hypodermic needle to inject something into her.

Police Chief Sid Klein said their investigation found no evidence of harm, injury or violation from a criminal act. Toxicology tests found nothing unusual in Terri's blood. Klein said it was likely that the marks came from a lift used to transport Terri at the nursing home.

http://www.inclusiondaily.com/archi.../14.htm#schiavo

Which time on March 29 are they talking about?
The same time in the mid nineties when the nurse said she witnessed this?

What do these puncture marks have to do with allegations in the mid 90's?

Old Post 03-23-2005 04:54 AM

nikiTa
Definitively Illumined

post #29  quote:

quote:
mystic said this in post #29 :

Okay...I mistakenly said hospital....

I dont understand the rest of what you are saying though. Im not stating that her "job" is making her a liar. Im confused.

You were wondering how one person could take over a hospital.

A hospital would have been more difficult than a nursing home.

And I gave the analogy of my grandmother and how she very easily commandeered the nursing home where my grandfather was housed.

If my grandmother could commandeer a nursing home, surely a beligerant young strong man could have no problem.

Sorry for the confusion.

Old Post 03-23-2005 04:59 AM

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

post #30  quote:

quote:
sowhatsthetruth said this in post #30 :

Which time on March 29 are they talking about?
The same time in the mid nineties when the nurse said she witnessed this?

What do these puncture marks have to do with allegations in the mid 90's?

I dont know...I cant find any articles that claim that she was taken to the hospital for that reason during that time.

This was the only thing I could find about any puncture marks on her arm.

Doesnt it seem odd that this nurse has the same claim as the one towards the parents in 2004?

Im not saying anything...I just found it wierd.

Old Post 03-23-2005 05:03 AM
Time: 12:53 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (6):  [1] 23 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > Hot Topics > Agree2Disagree > Euthanasia/Right to Die > Michael may not have good intentions.
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: