Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > CSI > Tarantino to Direct Final CSI
Search this Thread:
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
schmiggens
Outrageous

Local time: 10:47 PM

Tarantino to Direct Final CSI post #1  quote:

TARANTINO ON BOARD FOR 'CSI'

Filmmaker Quentin Tarantino has confirmed he's lending his maverick talents to the TV industry -- he's signed up to direct the season finale of hit CBS show "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation."

Tarantino has scripted an original storyline for America's most-watched show, and is scheduled to start cameras rolling in April for a May broadcast.

"CSI" bosses have been pursuing Tarantino to direct an episode after the director outed himself as a avid fan of the crime drama in the presence of creator Anthony Zuiker.

Executive producer Carol Mendelsohn says, "He knows everything there is to know about 'CSI,' and he is into the whole mythology of 'CSI.'

Quentin came in a couple of weeks ago. We had a story meeting with the writers. He had a great idea, and it was so much fun to have him in the room. We are positively giddy."

- SF Gate

Old Post 02-25-2005 08:53 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

schmiggens
Outrageous

post #2  quote:

They've been doing wierd camera angles on some of the CSI shows lately. I don't like it. I liked it when it came out first, but it seems to be trying too hard lately. I think this is another sign that they're trying too hard.

Old Post 02-25-2005 08:56 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #3  quote:

I guess I haven't seen any of the newer episodes, so I can't see what you're talking about... but I hope to find out soon they're really slow with episodes out here...

Old Post 03-01-2005 05:36 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

crackerbread
Rookie

Local time: 06:47 AM

post #4  quote:

I think it's going to be really interesting to see Tarantino's work.
He has a very exciting mind IMHO, and his imagination knows almost no bounds, and he portrays this through his works remarkably well..
If his previous work is anything to go by, I am going to be glued to the screen to see what he comes up with..
(Yup, love his work, as if it didn't show! lol)

Old Post 03-03-2005 10:19 PM
Find more posts by crackerbread Add crackerbread to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore crackerbread REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

Local time: 06:47 AM

post #5  quote:

I will DEFINATELY be glued to the screen to see the season finale of CSI, next to my Lady.
She's a HUGE fan of Tarantino... and I think that he's a brilliant mind. Not always liked his stuff... but I am sure that CSI is going to rock with him as a director. Ohhhh... lots of blood in this ep, I bet!!!

Old Post 03-03-2005 10:30 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #6  quote:

I love the way he writes dialogue. If he made a movie about 5 people sitting around a table and talking for 3 hours, I'd be there opening day

Old Post 03-04-2005 01:35 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Larke2000
INReview Maven

Local time: 09:47 AM

post #7  quote:

quote:
Kris Rucker said this in post #5 :
I will DEFINATELY be glued to the screen to see the season finale of CSI, next to my Lady.
She's a HUGE fan of Tarantino... and I think that he's a brilliant mind. Not always liked his stuff... but I am sure that CSI is going to rock with him as a director. Ohhhh... lots of blood in this ep, I bet!!!
i love CSI. and have slowly developed an appreciation of tarantino. i had to get used to his style before i could really see how talented he is. he is a master of dialogue, making the mundane seem interesting. i'm sorry to see CSI go but can't think of a better way for them to go. i just hope he doesn't put grissom in a wire harness doing kung fu.

Old Post 03-17-2005 11:49 PM
Click here to Send Larke2000 a Private Message Find more posts by Larke2000 Add Larke2000 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Larke2000 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 02:47 PM Post New Thread   
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > CSI > Tarantino to Direct Final CSI
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: