Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > American Idol > American Idol: Season 4 > What Songs Do You Want Contestants to Sing?
Search this Thread:
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
SoInteresting
Enthusiast

Local time: 10:56 AM

What Songs Do You Want Contestants to Sing? post #1  quote:

There are many I wish contestants wouldn't sing, but one I wish someone would. And this is really for someone in the top 12. That would be Impossible Dream. I know it is a Broadway type of song, but I'd love to hear someone do it as well as the person who I think sings it best (but I haven't heard Clay Aiken sing it) - Jim Nabors.

Remember him? He played Gomer Pyle as a marine and sang the song once on his program. It was fabulous - the best I ever heard. His normal and singing voices are totally different than the one he used for Gomer Pyle. What are your suggestions?

Old Post 01-30-2005 12:02 AM
Click here to Send SoInteresting a Private Message Find more posts by SoInteresting Add SoInteresting to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore SoInteresting REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

Local time: 09:56 AM

post #2  quote:

I really dont care what they sing....but I just hope it isnt the same old dragged out stuff from the past. There are billions of songs to choose from and for some reason, they keep singing the songs that were overplayed to the point that people couldnt stand to listen to them anymore.

Are they still going with theme night? If so, does anyone know what they are?

Old Post 01-30-2005 07:19 AM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

SoInteresting
Enthusiast

Local time: 10:56 AM

post #3  quote:

I thought I read they would be doing theme nights this year but I'm not sure. I'm with you - I wish they would sing songs that we haven't heard so much before - it would make it more entertaining!

Old Post 01-30-2005 09:03 PM
Click here to Send SoInteresting a Private Message Find more posts by SoInteresting Add SoInteresting to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore SoInteresting REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

Local time: 07:56 AM

post #4  quote:

Wouldn't it be great if they did not let them sing any song that was in the top 5 on the charts?

Old Post 01-30-2005 10:14 PM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

Local time: 09:56 AM

post #5  quote:

quote:
fuscia said this in post #4 :
Wouldn't it be great if they did not let them sing any song that was in the top 5 on the charts?

They should do that!!! If for nothing more than allowing the rest of us some sanity!

Old Post 01-30-2005 11:32 PM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
AZIdolfan
Balanced & Reasoned

Local time: 07:56 AM

post #6  quote:

For my money, I would prefer that they not sing songs that were sung by finalists from previous seasons, at least until they get down to the final eight or ten. Then they should be permitted to sing anything that they think would further their chances to win.

What I have a problem with is the totally untalented goofballs that appear in the early going and sing songs that Kelly, Ruben or Clay sang, trying to ride on their coattails. They then proceed to stain any lasting memory of how well those talented people performed those same songs.

Old Post 01-31-2005 04:14 AM
Click here to Send AZIdolfan a Private Message Find more posts by AZIdolfan Add AZIdolfan to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore AZIdolfan REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 03:56 PM Post New Thread   
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > American Idol > American Idol: Season 4 > What Songs Do You Want Contestants to Sing?
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: