Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Music > Rap > Irv Gotti Arrested for Money Laundering
Search this Thread:
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
schmiggens
Outrageous

Local time: 10:05 PM

Irv Gotti Arrested for Money Laundering post #1  quote:

GOTTI'S LAUNDERING CHARGE

Gotti (L) and Rule

The head of a hip hop music label behind stars including Ja Rule and Ashanti has been arrested on money laundering charges.

Irving Lorenzo, also known as Irv Gotti, his brother Christopher and six other people are accused of filtering more than $1m (?536,000) through their record label The Inc.

Also named in the charges was Lorenzo's childhood friend Kenneth McGriff, described by a prosecution lawyer as the "powerful leader" of a "violent drug operation".

He was charged with murder and fraudulent business dealings; he is already serving a 37-month sentence for possession of a gun.

The government began its investigation into the alleged laundering almost three years ago.

Lawyers said McGriff and his cohorts hand-delivered large sums of drug cash to Lorenzo, who in one instance issued checks totalling $281,000 (?149,000).

Prosecutor Roslynn Mauskopf said the charges had nothing to do with any of the artists at the record label.

She said: "This investigation focused on drug dealing, murder and money laundering. It is not an investigation of the rap industry.

"Ja Rule, Ashanti and none of the other artists affiliated with Murder Inc are implicated in any way in this case."

- Sky News

Old Post 01-27-2005 05:55 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

UNIT KILLA
Crackerjack

Local time: 09:05 AM

post #2  quote:

I betcha 50 told on 'em. He has a reputation for telling on people.

Old Post 01-27-2005 06:25 AM
Click here to Send UNIT KILLA a Private Message Visit UNIT KILLA's homepage! Find more posts by UNIT KILLA Add UNIT KILLA to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore UNIT KILLA REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

murder_1
Crackerjack

Local time: 02:05 PM

post #3  quote:

quote:
UNIT KILLA said this in post #2 :
I betcha 50 told on 'em. He has a reputation for telling on people.

LMAO....tru dawg, 50 has the biggest mouth. But that sux, heard gotti turned himself in...who's gon take over if hes locked up, Ja?

Old Post 01-27-2005 10:20 PM
Click here to Send murder_1 a Private Message Find more posts by murder_1 Add murder_1 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore murder_1 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

schmiggens
Outrageous

Local time: 10:05 PM

post #4  quote:

Irv Gotti Surrenders To Police

"They don't call it gangsta rap for nothing--the thug image isn't accidental," New York City Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said at a press conference Wednesday.

Kelly added that "this is not an indictment of rap music. If you're involved with money laundering or drug dealing or committing murder, we're coming after you, irrespective of [the music]. That's our business." [via E Online]

Uh-huh. Word on the street is that there will soon be a massive shakedown of Charlotte Church's posse.

Label head Irv "Gotti" Lorenzo and his brother Christopher surrendered to the FBI on money-laundering charges today as federal prosecutors unsealed an indictment seeking to confiscate all the assets of their label, The Inc.

Their childhood friend, Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff, one of New York's most notorious drug kingpins, was charged with murder, racketeering and other crimes that prosecutors said were intended to eliminate and intimidate potential witnesses. He already is in prison on a relatively minor gun charge.

Prosecutors believe McGriff and the Lorenzos funneled hundreds of thousands of dollars in drug profits through The Inc., a chart-topping label owned partly by Island Def Jam, a Universal Music label. A Universal spokesperson did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment. [via Billboard]

Contrary to earlier reports, that mistakenly named Supreme as Kenneth McGruff, not McGriff, he is not related to the crime fighting dog.

- Socialite's Life

Old Post 01-28-2005 03:00 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

jinder
Mastermind

post #5  quote:

this is the worst thing i eva heard n its too sad to talk about
if any1 finds this funny i will trip

Old Post 02-01-2005 09:03 AM
Click here to Send jinder a Private Message Find more posts by jinder Add jinder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore jinder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

DMX#1
Mastermind

Local time: 02:05 AM

post #6  quote:

Haha

Old Post 02-01-2005 01:56 PM
Click here to Send DMX#1 a Private Message Find more posts by DMX#1 Add DMX#1 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore DMX#1 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

UNIT KILLA
Crackerjack

post #7  quote:

Hey, most of these fake ass rappers talk about it.

Murder Inc. "IS" about it!!

True hustlers stay true to the game.

Old Post 02-02-2005 02:46 AM
Click here to Send UNIT KILLA a Private Message Visit UNIT KILLA's homepage! Find more posts by UNIT KILLA Add UNIT KILLA to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore UNIT KILLA REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

jinder
Mastermind

post #8  quote:

quote:
DMX#1 said this in post #6 :
Haha

i hate u

Old Post 02-02-2005 09:39 AM
Click here to Send jinder a Private Message Find more posts by jinder Add jinder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore jinder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

darealest01
Rookie

post #9  quote:

rapper still got street reps to maintain the money given was probly 4 protection inc. wasn't always tuff crew dey is now

Old Post 02-02-2005 05:28 PM
Click here to Send darealest01 a Private Message Find more posts by darealest01 Add darealest01 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore darealest01 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

UNIT KILLA
Crackerjack

post #10  quote:

quote:
darealest01 said this in post #9 :
rapper still got street reps to maintain the money given was probly 4 protection inc. wasn't always tuff crew dey is now

Correction:

I don't know about Ja Rule, but the rest of the clique has always been gutter.

Cadillac Tah, Black Child, Young Merc, Ronnie Bumps, D.O. Cannons, Chris Black, Jody Mack, Dave Bing, Chink Santana........ all real gangstas.

Let's not forget the Hood Stock family: Trife, Shadow, 0-1, Seko 720, Shaneda Hoodlum, and Mrs. Keys.

These people are the reason 50 Cent sleeps in a bullet proof vest and parades around with nothing less than 100 bodyguards.

Old Post 02-02-2005 11:33 PM

jinder
Mastermind

post #11  quote:

some thick ppl think they doin this to be more gangsta
theres a person life n his family involved not funny at all

Old Post 02-03-2005 02:07 PM

darealest01
Rookie

post #12  quote:

evidently dey started steppin up to da the plate now

but didnt dat get da person who shot/cut(?) 50 in jail 4 a while?

Black Child stepped up and took did da time and got rewarded collabo with Ashanti

Song wa horrible dats only way he could have got dat

Old Post 02-03-2005 05:29 PM
Click here to Send darealest01 a Private Message Find more posts by darealest01 Add darealest01 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore darealest01 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Whyte Rappa
Crackerjack

post #13  quote:

eyyy dmx#1 i seen u was poppin ur lips gain n the last post
tell me just to spit eyyy... Look fool i done told u u can't handle me wif priority// i'll klap u and den turn myself n like irv gotti to authroity// tell the truth// keeping ur lies bout being gangstha wont keep u bullet proof// i'll get u on ur knees week going through depresssion// den wanting to kill me litteraly to settle ur agression// im sumthing u handle in the propositions// spit sumthing hot just so i atleast got sum competetion// i been chilling out doing on my work// while u was on the scene n a dress dropping yo skirt// playing wif me while leave u wif a fractured cranium// den tehy gotta put ur skull back together wif titanium// i can be on fire start up and slow down like im a jet ona throttle// dude quit being ababy u still on da bottle// im dont like complainers// got u whipped lieka lion tamer// it's not hard to explain// im doing this here for a carreer and aint nothin gone change// u aint no thug// im on da list u nubah two im da numbah bove

Old Post 03-01-2005 02:54 AM
Click here to Send Whyte Rappa a Private Message Find more posts by Whyte Rappa Add Whyte Rappa to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Whyte Rappa REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

DMX#1
Mastermind

Local time: 02:05 AM

post #14  quote:

yo whatever man if i was replying 2 what u said u came to me 2 battle. But i dont give a **** anymore. You win whatever man. Im workin on sum **** with my man ABT. Plus my comps stuffed. Ill hardly come on here. If u felt disrespected in anyway whyte rapper dont take it to heart i never had a grudge against you.

Old Post 03-11-2005 09:01 AM
Click here to Send DMX#1 a Private Message Find more posts by DMX#1 Add DMX#1 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore DMX#1 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Whyte Rappa
Crackerjack

post #15  quote:

http://s9.invisionfree.com/Fearless_Warriors/index.php go join hurr this a killah ass freestyle sit eim on now

Old Post 05-16-2005 04:59 AM
Click here to Send Whyte Rappa a Private Message Find more posts by Whyte Rappa Add Whyte Rappa to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Whyte Rappa REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 02:05 PM Post New Thread   
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Music > Rap > Irv Gotti Arrested for Money Laundering
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: