Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Music > Rap > Ja Rule copies pac
Search this Thread:
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
DMX#1
Mastermind

Local time: 06:56 PM

Ja Rule copies pac post #1  quote:

1. His song on his new album "Life goes on" sound familier?
2. "Down Ass *****" 2pac said that often
3. "M.O.B" 2pacs saying Ja rule says that in his songs
4. "Thug Life" 2pacs words ja rule uses it
5. Uses "hit em up" in one of the choruses of his songs
6. In one of his songs hes says "Keep ur head up and handle it"
7. I heard ja remade hit em up. But i cant confirm this.

These are just a couple of things i found out and i hardly ever hear jas music. Imagine how many things i would hav found if i actually listened 2 this fool. He has the nerve 2 compare himself to biggie and pac.

Old Post 01-17-2005 12:04 AM
Click here to Send DMX#1 a Private Message Find more posts by DMX#1 Add DMX#1 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore DMX#1 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

schmiggens
Outrageous

Local time: 02:56 PM

post #2  quote:

quote:

In that case is Blu Cantrell copying Pac with "Oops (Hit em up style)"?

Saying three words in one of your songs that someone else said in their song is pretty common. Think about it. How many words and combinations can their be to describe a certain situation, or feeling or whatever? There's only so many and then people have to start repeating.

Old Post 01-17-2005 03:32 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

DMX#1
Mastermind

post #3  quote:

Nah every1 knows Ja Rule is biting pacs lyrics. He remakes 2pacs songs and always talks about pac and stuff. "Hit em up" is a really popular rap song ask anybody who listens 2 rap and they'll know that song. Remember this is only a tiny fragment of what ja rule bites. Ja Rule seems to not only wanna be like Makaveli, but rap like Makaveli... as he has mixed himself in with Makaveli several times. Most notably is where Ja Rule steals the song "Pain", including a Makaveli Verse, well just about the whole song, and same exact beat. He also attempts to take the Makaveli look with the shirt off, tatz, and bandana.
- "Pain"- straight up took the Makaveli track.

Old Post 01-17-2005 04:51 AM
Click here to Send DMX#1 a Private Message Find more posts by DMX#1 Add DMX#1 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore DMX#1 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

schmiggens
Outrageous

Local time: 02:56 PM

post #4  quote:

I guess also, you have to ask where to draw the line, what is sampling and what is a blatant rip off? Rappers especially have used heaps of sampling over the years, wherther it's classical music, or Dido or Martika songs they are sampling, they like to chop and change other people's songs to make it their own.

Old Post 01-17-2005 05:37 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

DMX#1
Mastermind

post #5  quote:

Ok sampling and biting is diffrent (2 me) Wen u sample a verse etc and put it on a track at least u know its being sampled (And at least theyre kinda getting credit) But if u rap sum1s elses lyrics like theyre ur own me personally i find that disrespectful. Also if theres one thing that rappers/rap fans hate is biters. Sampling and biting is diffrent 2 me.

Old Post 01-17-2005 06:38 AM

murder_1
Crackerjack

Local time: 06:56 AM

post #6  quote:

stop hatin dmx#1, how bout 50 did he still, realest ***** and a lot more songs....ur hating too much come down bro!

Old Post 01-17-2005 02:16 PM
Click here to Send murder_1 a Private Message Find more posts by murder_1 Add murder_1 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore murder_1 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

DMX#1
Mastermind

post #7  quote:

then theyre both biters arent they? Just admit Ja rules a biter u kno im right.

Old Post 01-17-2005 11:06 PM

jinder
Mastermind

post #8  quote:

ok dont say i havent replied now but when i read it all later on ill get back

Old Post 01-19-2005 10:30 PM
Click here to Send jinder a Private Message Find more posts by jinder Add jinder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore jinder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

jarulz_gurl
Veteran

Re: Ja Rule copies pac post #9  quote:

quote:
DMX#1 said this in post #1 :
1. His song on his new album "Life goes on" sound familier?
2. "Down Ass *****" 2pac said that often
3. "M.O.B" 2pacs saying Ja rule says that in his songs
4. "Thug Life" 2pacs words ja rule uses it
6. In one of his songs hes says "Keep ur head up and handle it"
7. I heard ja remade hit em up. But i cant confirm this.

These are just a couple of things i found out and i hardly ever hear jas music. Imagine how many things i would hav found if i actually listened 2 this fool. He has the nerve 2 compare himself to biggie and pac.

so where u getin thiz 4m?
numba 3. i dont get it... 2pac says ja rule says it, n he does, so...
numba 4. damn, i cant rememba ja sayin that, in which song?
(same for numba 5.

i aint heard no hit em up, remake... all these thingz seem a bit fake, ne1 else think so, r iz it jus me...

Old Post 01-20-2005 12:11 AM
Find more posts by jarulz_gurl Add jarulz_gurl to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore jarulz_gurl REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

DMX#1
Mastermind

post #10  quote:

lol u can deny the truth and act like u dont know. 2pac made up "M.O.B" Ja rules biting his saying. Do you think pac wud appreciate that? No 2pac got pissed off at Nas for saying "Thug Life" in his songs. I swear by God he said hit em up in a chorus in one of his songs. I cant confirm thug life (Tho im sure ive heard him say it i forgot) I've seen it in a album review site which showed sum lyrics of Jas songs. I could find out a hell of a lot more just by listening 2 his music, But i hate his music. I read in a article in all hip hop but then again i said i cant confirm that. And anyway "Life goes on" and "Pain" remakes is enough evidence.

Old Post 01-20-2005 02:16 AM

DMX#1
Mastermind

post #11  quote:

"Holla Holla"
"I be wit runnin in, runnin out
then, thou bestow HIT EM UP"

"Murder Reigns"
"Fold up the mini-blinds, load up the lucky 9
And HIT EM UP from behind"

Crime Life (Chorus of the song but this isnt the song im talking about)
(Ja Rule)
This life we gon' live it up
When the dough gets tough we gon' get it up
Anybody hate on us, we HIT EM UP
Baby we can't be touched, ***** give it up"

"Live my Life"
Life, love, me
I'm gon' live my life, hey
THUG LIFE, Lord you know me
This ain't life, this ain't love, save me
I'm gon' live my life, hey
THUG LIFE, Lord you know me

Old Post 01-20-2005 03:00 AM

jinder
Mastermind

post #12  quote:

ok so all this bs is just sayin that Ja uses the same words as tupac well u know wot i dont care even if it is true. n i got some otha words Ja copies off tupac
"a" n "the" trust me i know he does im a real gud Ja fan i know all the words he says but DMX#1 u prolly know all this already dont ya?
dont tell me u usin life goes on against me wtf i wish i neva metioned it
i seriously cant be bothered to keep comin on inreview why wud i wanna keep hearin hate on Ja n its just makin me mad a know i sound like a * but thats not my fault i flip when i hear hate on Ja, if i do eva say anythin to hurt anyone i dont mean it

Old Post 01-20-2005 09:25 AM
Click here to Send jinder a Private Message Find more posts by jinder Add jinder to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore jinder REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

jarulz_gurl
Veteran

post #13  quote:

those examples u got up there, aint very gud, cos hes not sayin them in the way pac said them, u jus pickin all the 'hit em up' bits.
well i got sumet 4 ya, u h8in on ja 4 it, but heres ur beloved dmx sayin it!

"Left them ***** blind, hit ?em up from behind"
From a song called "great".

Old Post 01-20-2005 03:45 PM
Find more posts by jarulz_gurl Add jarulz_gurl to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore jarulz_gurl REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

jarulz_gurl
Veteran

post #14  quote:

lmao! lol! lmao! lol!
this is unbearably funni, i jus cant wait 2 c wot u reply wif.

Old Post 01-20-2005 03:59 PM

jinder
Mastermind

post #15  quote:

u the best gurl can wait for reply either n i think im laffin as much as u r, i wonder wot otha stuff we cud get if tried

Old Post 01-21-2005 12:22 PM

DMX#1
Mastermind

post #16  quote:

quote:
jinder said this in post #12 :
ok so all this bs is just sayin that Ja uses the same words as tupac well u know wot i dont care even if it is true. n i got some otha words Ja copies off tupac
"a" n "the" trust me i know he does im a real gud Ja fan i know all the words he says but DMX#1 u prolly know all this already dont ya?
dont tell me u usin life goes on against me wtf i wish i neva metioned it
i seriously cant be bothered to keep comin on inreview why wud i wanna keep hearin hate on Ja n its just makin me mad a know i sound like a * but thats not my fault i flip when i hear hate on Ja, if i do eva say anythin to hurt anyone i dont mean it

I dont remember u tellin me about "liife goes on. I saw it on a review site. Thx for ur long and wothless post which does nothing 2 prove im wrong.

I havent heard that song "Great" but i wont denie it what album is it on? Anwayz Okay ja rulz gurl ur right arent you? These are just lines, he isnt saying them like pac. Ur right. But now lets talk about verses i think it was a song called "pain"

[2pac]
They'll never take me alive, I'm gettin' high with my four-five
Cocked on these suckas, time to die
Even as a youngster causin' ruckus on the back of the bus
i was a fool all through high school kickin' up dust
But now I'm labelled as a trouble maker who can you blame?
Smokin' weed helped me take away the pain
So I'm hopeless rollin' down the freeway swervin, don't worry
I'm about to crash up on the curb cause my visions blurry
Maybe if they tried to understand me, what should I do?
I had to feed my ****** family, what else could I do
but be a thug
out slangin' with the homies
**** hangin' with them phonies in the club
got my mind on danger
never been a stranger to homicide
my cities full of gang bangers and drive bys
why do we die at an early age
he was so young
but still a victim of the 12 gauge
my memories of a corpse
mind full of sick thoughts
and I ain't goin back to court
so **** what you thought I'm drinkin' hennessey
runnin from my enemies will I live to be 23
there's so much pain

[ja rule]
They?ll never take me alive, I?m gettin high with my fo?-five
Cocked on these ***** time to die
Even as a lil? *****, you could picture me hot gun in the rain
I shed the tear, cause this ***** here inherits the pain
And now I?m labeled as a thug ***** - you know the game
Smokin weed, ****** hoes, slangin thangs, that?s the life I live
Even if I tried to go back I?d get lost (come back)
And everything I seem to love I done lost
**** the world if they can?t understand me
What else could I do? I had to feed my ****** family
Yo? lies is my truth, so I?m a drug to your youth
And you don?t want ?em nowhere near me, now that they can hear me
I spits razors, never been a stranger to homicide
My city?s full of tote-slangers and chalk lines
Why do we die at an early age?
***** so young, but still a victim of a twelve-gauge
Feel the rage this world has bestowed upon me
And I don?t give a **** ?cause they don?t give a **** ?bout me
So I keep - drinkin hennessy, bustin at my enemies
Will I live to see twenty-three? there?s so much pain

LMAO Ja rules a pac biter for sure. No wonder why u think is the Greatest rapper alive coz he steals from the greatest rapper. I'd like to see u beat that. Jinder is this response good enough 4 ya?

Old Post 01-22-2005 11:57 PM

jarulz_gurl
Veteran

post #17  quote:

thatz not the best example, cos Pac iz in the song, as uve shown...so he aint bittin him, cos hes doin like a remix of it.
i dunno wot album greatz on, i think itz a ruff ryder album, but jus type it into google, ull find out.
u iant really beat me r jinder r Ja, soz.

Old Post 01-23-2005 04:45 PM

jinder
Mastermind

post #18  quote:

lol look who tellin me i do pointless long posts maybe same person who make pointless threads.
thats a track Ja done wit Pac loads have done same i dont know bout DMX wot does that mean anyway hes now copyin him hes puttin him in his stuff copyin wud be rappin his stuff

Old Post 01-23-2005 06:20 PM

DMX#1
Mastermind

post #19  quote:

quote:
jarulz_gurl said this in post #17 :
thatz not the best example, cos Pac iz in the song, as uve shown...so he aint bittin him, cos hes doin like a remix of it.
i dunno wot album greatz on, i think itz a ruff ryder album, but jus type it into google, ull find out.
u iant really beat me r jinder r Ja, soz.

Yeah, But pac doesnt rap the same verse. I got those verses from diffrent songs and if it is a remix why isnt it called "Pain (remix)" instead of "so much pain" Do i hear ja rule say remix in the song? No. Coz its not its just ja biting pacs lyrics. Remix or no remix ja rules a biter and until u can somehow prove me wrong he will always be a biter.

Jinder, hey just like ja rulz gurl said "hes not saying it like pac said them" same thing goes for dmx. Whats pointless about this thread? i bring proof for my posts all u do is denie without proving me wrong.

Ja Rule
The pledge rmx
Is another song the bit off pac.

I know this is bout pac but i gotta add these biters from the inc.

Ashanti (Unfoolish)
Charlie Baltimore (Philly's Finest)
Both songs are biting off biggie. Is this wot the inc is all bout? Biting?

Old Post 01-24-2005 12:43 AM

jarulz_gurl
Veteran

post #20  quote:

actually unfoolish came about cos diddy wanted Ashanti 2 do it, itz also on the Bad boy remix album. n chuck went out wiv Biggie, he woz the 1 tryna get her out, if he didnt die. so she has ritez ova abit of his music

Old Post 01-24-2005 01:30 AM

DMX#1
Mastermind

post #21  quote:

Its still biting. Uve proven nothing to show im not right. Try again.

Old Post 01-24-2005 02:29 AM

UNIT KILLA
Crackerjack

Local time: 01:56 AM

post #22  quote:

Man, who cares? Everybody takes a page out of everybody else's book. No one is truly original, not even DMX or Tupac Shakur. Nobody can reinvent the wheel!

Old Post 01-24-2005 05:56 AM
Click here to Send UNIT KILLA a Private Message Visit UNIT KILLA's homepage! Find more posts by UNIT KILLA Add UNIT KILLA to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore UNIT KILLA REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

DMX#1
Mastermind

post #23  quote:

Well is it absolutely neccessary to copie sum1 elses verse than add a few words to it like ja did with "So much pain"? Couldnt he at least make another verse instead of copying pacs?

Old Post 01-24-2005 06:36 AM

UNIT KILLA
Crackerjack

post #24  quote:

Couldn't Usher create his own dance moves instead of sliding across the floor exactly how Michael Jackson did and pop locking like it's 1981?

Old Post 01-24-2005 06:48 AM
Click here to Send UNIT KILLA a Private Message Visit UNIT KILLA's homepage! Find more posts by UNIT KILLA Add UNIT KILLA to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore UNIT KILLA REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

DMX#1
Mastermind

post #25  quote:

Ok...All of a sudden its about dancing moves...I dont think MJ cares. On the other hand i think pac would have cared. C'mon think about it...Nas said "thug life" And pac was real pissed off about that. Now do u think 2pac would have been overjoyed that ja pretty much ripped off a whole verse. Think about it...2 words...How many words did ja rule use? A lot, Yeah pac would have definantly hangin with ja if h were still alive. Not.

Old Post 01-24-2005 07:21 AM

jarulz_gurl
Veteran

post #26  quote:

well, i dont agree wiv ya, if Pac woz alive he iz way likely 2 b ridin wiv Ja than loose n his lil girlfriendz, r dmx (im sure they had beef) but mo likely 2 b wiv Ja coz all hiz m8z r, Pacs m8z wudnt b wif ja if he dissed him (suge, rap-a-lot...)

Old Post 01-24-2005 04:29 PM

DMX#1
Mastermind

post #27  quote:

Nah pac wud hav been with the Outlawz.

Old Post 01-25-2005 01:40 AM

UNIT KILLA
Crackerjack

post #28  quote:

Tupac's best friend Fatal Hussein from the Outlawz is down with INC. So what?

Do you think Pac would be pleased with scores of rappers taking his whole damn voice and pretending to make songs with him like they knew him for twenty years? I'm not even going to talk about what record label is notorious for sampling Tupac's voice and making songs with him after he's dead. Come on man.

Old Post 01-25-2005 06:13 AM

DMX#1
Mastermind

post #29  quote:

Yeah i agree with u Unit Killa. Its not right doing that. But i like picking on Ja the most so yeah, Plus ive already proven my point that ja's a biter. So its no use in posting in this thread anymore even if i wanted 2 find more proof ja is a biter yous denie it anyway so theres no point.

Old Post 01-26-2005 02:00 AM

UNIT KILLA
Crackerjack

post #30  quote:

You're a trip DMX#1.

Hey, while you're playing around, when Ja Rule first came out, I did think he was some type of hybrid between Tupac and DMX.

Stop hating. If you're going to hate, hate on the trouble making snitches in the industry.

Old Post 01-26-2005 03:26 AM
Time: 06:56 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Music > Rap > Ja Rule copies pac
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: