Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Reality TV > The Apprentice > The Apprentice II > Week #8
Search this Thread:
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Ken NJ
INReview Maven

Local time: 09:07 PM

Gaining Meaning From Week #8 Boardroom Discussions post #31  quote:

quote:
You like to try to "read between the lines" even when there ARE NO LINES!!! She had no vision initially, and when Raj actually offered a vision, 3 of the other candidates got on board. Kevin did not. He had reservations, and proved his willingness to work for a solution by spending 2.5-3 hours reworking the plan to something far more palatable. She then proceeded to alienate that one supporter by AGAIN changing her mind. If you can somehow find good leadership there, more power to you, but you're wrong.

Raj knew he was going to be called in the boardroom to explain the military campaign selection. He pleas his case by lying about no other plans offered by Elizabeth. Ivana jumps in to back Raj, to show allegiance to new alliance formed. And Jen worked the first time week #8 exerting any effort to trash Elizabeth whom she didn't discard over to Mosaic. (If Elizabeth was so incompetent, why didn't Jen trade her away last week? Makes no sense.) Jen lies and goes on the offensive: Jennifer M. leans in to make sure her point is understood in the boardroom. Chris, well.... he doesn't matter... nothing but an airhead and a snob.

The Donald: Elizabeth (smiling,) what went wrong? What happened?

Elizabeth: Hello (smiling)

Elizabeth: The basics is … that we didn’t have a good idea before it was time to start shooting.

The Donald: Is that your fault?

Elizabeth, Uh no, well, it was just sort of the crux of the team in terms of we didn’t come up with a creative idea.

The Donald: Why didn’t you have a good idea?

Elizabeth: Well, we had generic ideas. But it wasn’t specific in terms of what we can latch you know a whole campaign on.

The Donald: You think you’re a good leader?

Elizabeth: Listen, my definition of a good leader is…someone who stands by their convictions. I made a decision. I could have gone the easy route and pick a generic campaign that I didn’t believe in and I don’t do that as a business-person. I will not lead this team doing something that I don’t believe in. I said you know what: “I think we can come up with a better idea, and I swung for the fences”

The Donald: I like to see the ad. Show the ad…..

The Donald: Elizabeth, isn’t it Raj’s that really wanted this campaign and didn’t he sort of just by his own strength shoved it down your throat?

Raj: I firmly advocated the view no matter what we should go full tilt on it.

The Donald: I love what you say because if you believe in it you should say it.

Raj: I said I would say in the boardroom we firmly believe that we are heading in the direction that is better than any of the alternatives on the table. Which was none. So, I am guilty having pushed forward the only thing that was on the table.

George: You liked it because it was the only idea, not the best idea?

Raj: Yeah, because there was no other ideas.

Jen M: I think Raj did us all a job in this town, because he took a position.

The Donald: You think he’s competent? You think he a capable guy?

Jen M: Absolutely

The Donald: What do you think Chris?

Chris: Absolutely.

The Donald: And you think even though this was his idea and it turned out to be a bad idea, that he shouldn’t be blame?

Chris: No because he stood up to an idea. We had no direction. This was the only direction we had. So if you go with the job, if you like it or dislike it, you have to give it 100%.

The Donald: Ivana, what do you think?

Ivana: I have to commend Raj for actually taking a position because there was no position taken by our leader whatsoever.
    The Donald: Is she weak or ineffective? Or is she just weak?

Ivana: Both.

Elizabeth: Mr. Trump, I took a position. We did not have a good campaign idea. And I refused to lead a team knowing that it was a bad campaign idea.

The Donald: What do you think Jennifer? What do you think of Elizabeth?

Jen M: I think she is weak. She was ineffective and she was indecisive to the point of paralysis.

The Donald: Other than that, you thought she was great?

Jen M: Other than that, I think she was terrible. Elizabeth struck down every good idea we had. She was completely paralyzed with this notion of a big idea.

Elizabeth: No

The Donald: Elizabeth, these people think you are virtually incompetent. Would you say incompetent or you say that’s too strong?

Elizabeth: No, you know what? Then why did…

Jen M: I would say incompetent. She was completely ineffective..

The Donald: Elizabeth, these people say

Elizabeth: Mr. Trump, at the end of the day, I stood up and said that I will not be about a military campaign I fought until the end. Still, I said to myself, I’m not going to give up, we can come up with a better campaign.

Kevin: I like to talk to that if I may. Elizabeth turns to me and said to me: I don’t like our campaign. For two to three hours, we hammered something out. Elizabeth said to me: I really feel good about this. I think this is great. I’m going to present it to the group tomorrow. I’m going to stand behind this. I said: “You know what? I feel good about it too” The next morning, she said you know what: “the team wasn’t behind it.” And to me that means she couldn’t make up her mind with it.

Elizabeth: No, I was in fact very excited about the idea Kevin and I come up with. I did in fact pitched it to the team. They didn’t like it and I was going to go with it anyway.

The Donald: Wait, wait, wait. You let your team changed your mind for you? As a leader, if you believe you’re right, you have to stand by your decision no matter what.
    Elizabeth, all the people you were leading, good people saying you’re terrible.

Elizabeth: They’re going to say that anyway. They all backed the military idea.

The Donald: I don’t know. You just don’t have a lot of that something. What the hells missing with you? You come here with great credentials, but I see no leadership. Let me ask you something. would you pick two or three people to come back into the boardroom with you and who would they be?

Elizabeth: Raj and Chris. (knodding)

The Donald: Honestly Elizabeth, I just don’t think it’s necessary. You’re Fired!

Elizabeth: (leaning forward in a state of shock and puzzled)

Raj: (shaking his head in shock also and looking puzzled)

Ivana: (blinked her eyes and clenched her lip amazed)

The Donald: I don’t want to waste a lot of time…. Go ahead! I’m sorry.

Old Post 11-01-2004 02:20 AM
Click here to Send Ken NJ a Private Message Find more posts by Ken NJ Add Ken NJ to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Ken NJ REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

kevinbailey
Mastermind

Local time: 08:07 PM

post #32  quote:

You really are full of it. The FACT is, when Raj came up with the military idea, there were NO OTHER IDEAS on the table. Kevin and Elizabeth came up with a different idea AFTER they had already fleshed out the military theme. Kevin went to a meeting. Elizabeth backed off the idea when her teammates (understandably) balked at having 12-13 hours of work thrown away. Instead of pulling rank (as Andy properly did) she folded like a cheap tent when under pressure. If she had stood up and said, "NO! Kevin and I worked on this last night, and we're doing it this way. Deal with it." I firmly believe that the team would have been mad, but when Kevin came back and confirmed his support for her decision, they would have gone along. There would have been no mutiny.

Seriously, Ken, there are probably soap opera boards somewhere on InReview. If you are so intent on discussing a soap opera (which this is not) please visit one of those parts of InReview. I've grown quite weary of what you like to call "reading between the lines" when YOU'RE MAKING CRAP UP OUT OF WHOLE CLOTH!!!!

Old Post 11-01-2004 05:38 AM
Click here to Send kevinbailey a Private Message Find more posts by kevinbailey Add kevinbailey to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore kevinbailey REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Ken NJ
INReview Maven

A Bad Lesson On Rationalizing Wrongdoings: Mob Mentality post #33  quote:

Don't take things on their face value. People do and say different things for different reasons. I try to read the facts to reconcile with their meanings. Good business managers can distinguish between bull-hype and bull-crap. At some point, there's a legal distinction when stretching it over the line. It's this type of bull-sh!t that gets an organization of people into devestation - justifying something that isn't true and at some point becomes false. Those who can see it coming has a duty to protect their business organization in skirting in this arena. At some point in time, those in power will have sent bad messages for such corporate corruption. It's just not good corporate ethics. Someone has to stand up and say: "Watch that train wrecking the corporate mission."

I can understand having seen enough of The Apprentice Shows to know that it's a dog eat dog corporate world and for all the dogs put inside of the arena to perform, to compete until termination. What I cannot is the underlying theme of this season's TV series which plays worst than any soap opera (not that I watch them) because they delve in the side of personal relationships as opposed to corporate boardroom's business relationships. Trump and Burnett are publicly developing BAD business practices because The Apprentice Shows are encouraging unethical business behaviors. Week after week when reading between the lines, they show that a group of people can lie together to fire people:
    1. Lying that Stacie Jones is crazy in #3,
    2. Lying about PM Jennifer Crisafulli's "wreacking Havoc" reason for nominations in #4,
    3. Lying about PM Pamela Day's responsibilities in #5,
    4. Lying to conceal the true pricing decision makers blaming it on John Willenborg in #6, and
    5. Lying by everybody except PM Elizabeth Jarosz in the boardroom #8 about no other plans and not taking a position.
Do you understand why I'm saying what I'm doing on these boards? It's horrible public programming because many might not be able to separate what's right and wrong anymore. Trump is shaping the minds and morals of our next up and coming corporate leaders.
quote:
kevinbailey said this in post

You really are full of it. The FACT is, when Raj came up with the military idea, there were NO OTHER IDEAS on the table. Kevin and Elizabeth came up with a different idea AFTER they had already fleshed out the military theme.

This depends on how people rationalize "Half-truths" and astute people can make own judgement call as to hype or lying. The former for dramatic effect; the latter with intention to benefit personally at the expense of others. One can hype about the size of the fish being caught versus covering up for own failure with intent to deceive others to enrich itself and others.

Seriously, Ken, there are probably soap opera boards somewhere on InReview. If you are so intent on discussing a soap opera (which this is not) please visit one of those parts of InReview. I've grown quite weary of what you like to call reading between the lines when YOU'RE MAKING CRAP UP OUT OF WHOLE CLOTH!!!!

Okay, you can continue to rationalize what I'm saying here as CRAP. At some point in time, how far can people stretch the truth until it's a lie? For the time being, just see the direction these TV series are pushing the corporate envelop. I'm going to provide the train wreck which each of us can interpret for ourselves as to the moral of the stories being watched.
    Legal definition of Conspiracy < -- Click Here - A combination or confederacy between two or more persons formed for the purpose of committing, by their joint efforts, some unlawful or criminal act, or some act which is lawful in itself, but becomes unlawful when done by the concerted action of the conspirators, or for the purpose of using criminal or unlawful means to the commission of an act not in itself unlawful.

A conspiracy may be a continuing one; actors may drop out, and others drop in; the details of operation may change from time to time; the members need not know each other or the part played by others; a member need not know all the details of the plan or the operations ; he must, however, know the purpose of the conspiracy and agree to become a party to a plan to effectuate that purpose. Craig v. U. S., C.C.A.Cal., 81 F.2d 816, 822. (Like agreeing in a concerted effort to gang up and fire people for wrongful reasons week after week.)

Civil conspiracy. The essence of a "civil conspiracy" is a concert or combination to defraud or cause other injury to person or property, which results in damage to the person or property of plaintiff.

There are a number of federal statutes prohibiting specific types of conspiracy. See, eg., 18 U.S.C.A.  371. See also Chain conspiracy; Co-conspirator's rule; Combination in restraint of trade; Confederacy; Seditious conspiracy; Wharton Rule.

Last edited by Ken NJ on 11-01-2004 at 11:27 AM |
Old Post 11-01-2004 11:04 AM
Click here to Send Ken NJ a Private Message Find more posts by Ken NJ Add Ken NJ to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Ken NJ REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Beth_K
Veteran

post #34  quote:

This reality TV show is really not reality, but you are right Ken in saying that it may be sending unethical messages to our younger, more impressionable audience that its A-okay to lie to get ahead. I never thought of the impact on our future Enron executives!

This job "interview" show is so unreal its not even funny. I mean, who would leave their current jobs, and their families (even spouses!) for weeks to shack up with a bunch of strangers in NYC and run around Central Park washing dogs for a 1 in 16 chance of getting a 1 year contract to work for the Donald?? Sounds a bit crazy all of a sudden.

Is it a soap opera, or a reality show? It's neither, but it is edited in a way to try to make us see the worst of people I'm beginning to think. More for ratings than to actually get the best candidate.

But hey, they hooked me into watching...

Old Post 11-01-2004 02:15 PM
Click here to Send Beth_K a Private Message Find more posts by Beth_K Add Beth_K to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Beth_K REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

kevinbailey
Mastermind

post #35  quote:

Ken-

You had me until you lied about what happened in episode #8. Yes, you lied. If you can watch that episode and see anything but Elizabeth's complete incompetence from beginning to end with a brief respite of sanity from 11:30 pm - 2:00 am while she and Kevin actually worked on a plan, you're either nuts or just bald-faced lying.

Here's the deal. When you outline what ELIZABETH'S idea was that Raj "overruled" I will acknowledge that the group lied about Elizabeth in the boardroom. However, there WASN'T an idea presented by Elizabeth (complaining about Raj's idea doesn't count as an idea). So have fun making up something that you can magically attribute to Elizabeth.

Old Post 11-01-2004 02:52 PM
Click here to Send kevinbailey a Private Message Find more posts by kevinbailey Add kevinbailey to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore kevinbailey REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Ken NJ
INReview Maven

What's Going On? Lost Response To Kevinbailey's Post post #36  quote:

Sorry, I just composed a long response to the following and when clicked button to submit post..... zap, zip, zilch..... lost in cyberspace. (I don't have a copy either) Instead got this crap below. This happened once before when I responded to JenM in the welcome response also. Uhhhhggggg.

quote:
kevinbailey said this in post #35 :
Ken-

You had me until you lied about what happened in episode #8. Yes, you lied. If you can watch that episode and see anything but Elizabeth's complete incompetence from beginning to end with a brief respite of sanity from 11:30 pm - 2:00 am while she and Kevin actually worked on a plan, you're either nuts or just bald-faced lying.

Here's the deal. When you outline what ELIZABETH'S idea was that Raj "overruled" I will acknowledge that the group lied about Elizabeth in the boardroom. However, there WASN'T an idea presented by Elizabeth (complaining about Raj's idea doesn't count as an idea). So have fun making up something that you can magically attribute to Elizabeth.

Old Post 11-01-2004 09:22 PM

Bradford_Fan
Mastermind

post #37  quote:

Holy cow... how a thread can just fall off the face of the earth and result in accusations of lying. All the "gang" did was gang up on Elizabeth since most of them wanted her out. You could see it from the other tasks so shes gone. In fact she SHOULD be gone... The way Kevin was talking to her it was like an adult scolding a child. Thats bad enough, but when you sit there and take it with the mentality of the "but.......but........but........." she deserves to be fired in that way. Im sure Elizabeth is a great TEAM player.........somewhere...just not in this group.

I ALSO think we all must take a deep breath ... its just a show... pure enjoyment with a few life lessons thrown in... whether or not they are lessons we LIKE ... remains to be seen.

Old Post 11-02-2004 12:21 AM
Click here to Send Bradford_Fan a Private Message Find more posts by Bradford_Fan Add Bradford_Fan to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Bradford_Fan REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

kevinbailey
Mastermind

post #38  quote:

You're right. I apologize for becoming so frustrated.

Old Post 11-02-2004 01:05 AM

Ken NJ
INReview Maven

18 Who Gave Up Their Past For A Chance At The Future post #39  quote:

quote:
Beth_K said this in post

This job interview show is so unreal its not even funny. I mean, who would leave their current jobs, and their families (even spouses!) for weeks to shack up with a bunch of strangers in NYC and run around Central Park washing dogs for a 1 in 16 chance of getting a 1 year contract to work for the Donald?? Sounds a bit crazy all of a sudden.Is it a soap opera, or a reality show? It's neither, but it is edited in a way to try to make us see the worst of people I'm beginning to think. More for ratings than to actually get the best candidate. But hey, they hooked me into watching...

Now you understand why I won't even apply as some of you encouraged folks here to compete? It makes absolutely no sense.

However, over a million people did apply for the 18 slots on The Apprentice 2 as Trump claims in 2004. And there are about 20 million viewers according to the ratings weekly who view the TV show.

You know that I never thought that it's real, but just a scripted scenes where the producer and editor can create the TV results to sustain viewer interest. So some colorful persons will advanced to the final rounds on Apprentice 2 and during all that time give up their own privacy and a chance to go for the Stars.

Old Post 11-02-2004 02:38 AM

Ken NJ
INReview Maven

Chris And Raj Were Trouble Makers From The Start Of Project post #40  quote:

quote:
JenM said this in post

Raj a little rude with the whole Muslim chanting was not too impressive.

I think he might have been subject to some racial profiling in the last few years, considering his ethnicity. Regardless, I doubt anyone else on the team could have gotten away with his little outburst and not been immediately labeled as racist or stereotypical.

First Day Morning visit to NYPD Training Center with millions of combat hardware and military assets.

Elizabeth: Iím the project manager because we pick names from a hat. And my names was picked. This task is do or die. My first task as project manager I didnít win. Trump thought I was a crappy leader. I need to come through with a win in this task.

(Apex team planning meeting to kick off week #8 for the NYPD recruitment campaign inside the Command Mobile Bus)

I want to go over the theme first and then you guys can pick the scene that fit that.

Chris: This is the New York Police Department. Itís always been on top of the cutting edge technology. Now after 9/11, the world has made a big turn. Itís not just a conventional crime. Itís world national crime. You donít have to be on the other side of the globe to be on the front line. You donít like that idea.

Elizabeth: (eyes popped up and stunned)

Chris: You donít like the idea.

Elizabeth: I uhÖ. I

Chris: Iím missing whatÖ. YouÖ..

Elizabeth: I was not comfortable in making it a military theme.

Elizabeth: You know what I like about that. You talked about the times changing. But whatís missing for me here isÖ.

(producer edits out....... and inserts Kevin comments)

Kevin: Elizabeth would be talking in circles. She would butter us up and stroke us a little bit.

Raj: The fear about this being too militaristic is totally unfounded.

##### break #######
(Chris goes about with his ďfrigging tamponĒ comments and Raj with his terroristís slursÖ. And Jen M laughing quietly on the side)
##### break #######

Elizabeth: That was the rudest thing I heard in my life. That was really rude.

Old Post 11-02-2004 04:36 AM

Ken NJ
INReview Maven

Elizabeth Tried Twice Selling Two Softer Campaigns Than Raj's Excessive Force post #41  quote:

Here's the first deal where Elizabeth put forth her NYPD Campaign for Apex to review. Remember, Chris, Raj, Ivana, Jen agreed at the boardroom that Raj had the only idea and that was the military campaign.
quote:

Here's the deal. When you outline what ELIZABETH'S idea was that Raj overruled I will acknowledge that the group lied about Elizabeth in the boardroom. However, there WASN'T an idea presented by Elizabeth (complaining about Raj's idea doesn't count as an idea). So have fun making up something that you can magically attribute to Elizabeth.

(Elizabeth standing up doing a presentation facing Raj and Ivana, both sitting and facing Elizabeth across the dining room table of the Trump Apartment at breakfast.)

Elizabeth: This one starts out with the black screen that says.
    NYPD knows. Crime has changed.
    Next black screen: Well, so have we.
    And then we just do the training footage.
    And then we just do: Let one run.

Chris: (standing at other side of room and tucking his shirt tail)
We went 13 to 14 hours putting something together. And Elizabeth decides to change it. But she didnít sound confident in it and if youíre not confident in selling something, no one else is going to believe it.

Raj: (facing Elizabeth sitting next to Ivana)
Whatís the logic of being in the front line

(Ivana eating a jelly sandwich)

Elizabeth: I just canít figure out how to fit it.

(Raj reviewing material standing next to Elizabeth)

Raj: I mean we wanted more strength and we got less.

Elizabeth: I just wanted to make it work, and unfortunately itís not working. So I think we picked the wrong approach. We should have just gone testimonials. Something easier.

(Ivana drinking large cup of tea and rubbing her nose several times)

Ivana: I have a feeling if we went with the testimonials, You would have said it should have gone this way. Because you flip-flopped a lot between that and this and a whole bunch of other stuff.

(Ivana standing wearing her coat with black scarf on one arm and the other rotating her right palm to Elizabeth)

Elizabeth: I donít know if they just didnít want to listen to me.

(Raj walks over to see Elizabethís materials once again and then walks away)

Elizabeth: Raj was very strong about military. So what I was forced to do is to go another direction and I was back to the drawing board once again.

Raj: Letís go.

Jen M: Rollout.

(All five Apex members walked out of the Trump Apartment with Jen closing the door)

Last edited by Ken NJ on 11-02-2004 at 05:24 AM |
Old Post 11-02-2004 05:06 AM

kevinbailey
Mastermind

post #42  quote:

Okay, Ken, I'm going to say it again. Elizabeth never presented a plan BEFORE Raj came up with the military theme. All your cute little pictures are fine, but they show her "presenting" her "ideas" after she had modified KEVIN'S idea, about 5 hours before the friggin' presentation!!! What the team members were talking about -- and rightly so, no matter how big a crush you have on Elizabeth -- was the fact that when Raj finally stepped up with a plan, there WAS NO CLEAR PLAN ON THE TABLE!!!!! Good grief, man!

Old Post 11-02-2004 05:30 AM

Beth_K
Veteran

post #43  quote:

quote:
kevinbailey said this in post to Ken

...no matter how big a crush you have on Elizabeth...

NOW who is starting a soap opera?!?

Old Post 11-02-2004 06:07 AM
Click here to Send Beth_K a Private Message Find more posts by Beth_K Add Beth_K to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Beth_K REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Ken NJ
INReview Maven

Rationalizing False Premises Makes Bad Logic post #44  quote:

First you say NO plan from Elizabeth, other than Raj's.
quote:

However, there WASN'T an idea presented by Elizabeth (complaining about Raj's idea doesn't count as an idea).

Now you say she didn't have one BEFORE Raj's. Perhaps we should consider the purpose of a team meeting in search for THE plan. It's a group project.... a group effort and produces a group product. Let me restate from posting #40:
    (Apex team planning meeting to kick off week #8 for the NYPD recruitment campaign inside the Command Mobile Bus)

Elizabeth: I want to go over the theme first and then you guys can pick the scene that fit that.
From there, the progeny of the military campaign that morning. Of all five Apex, Elizabeth had two unique roles and skills. Her business major is marketing and her role was the Project Manager. None of the other Apex members have her credentials as to creative advertising nor expertise working for Fortune 500 companies.
quote:
Elizabeth never presented a plan BEFORE Raj came up with the military theme. All your cute little pictures are fine, but they show her presenting her ideas after she had modified KEVIN'S idea, about 5 hours before the friggin' presentation!!!

No matter how people attempt to rationalize this failed military campaign, none of the Apex members can take credit for their bad idea. The more important focus would be to see who had the foresight to have gotten the right answer and whether that was put on the table for discussion, review, modification and acceptance by the group. That's what Elizabeth did exactly , for which all the other members rejected her RIGHT recommendations. Had everyone worked in that direction, Apex would have been on the right side of the answer and would have won the NYPD competion. Here's the second time Elizabeth attempted to PUT forth another.

This TV scene shows that the Raj, Chris, Jen M and Kevin were ALL refusing to cooperate nor willing to provide any input to get the project off the ground by simply stonewalling. Anyone familiar with meetings will say that the team wasnít supporting Elizabeth the Project Manager, despite her efforts to get Kevin to help her. Jen M didnít say one word, being on the Apex team playing stupid, along with Chris. Raj knew what Elizabeth wanted, but wonít do anything as the spoiler.

Noon time at Apex Corporation

Elizabeth: Hey guys (walking into the conference room)

(Elizabeth standing up addressing the Apex group all sitting around the conference table) What's wrong with this picture? She's the project manager! And they have their backs to her.

Kevin: (looked perplexedÖ with right hand up)

Elizabeth: Hereís an idea. Tell me what you think.
Uhm, what we come up last night I love, but now, itís not going to fits.

Kevin: this is why I started to lose it. I was here until 2 in the morning. Because she turns to me at 11:30, Kevin, I donít like our advertising campaign.

By the time she got to Deutsch, she had changed her mind again. (Elizabeth valued Deutsch's comments and made modifications to present back to Apex )

Kevin: Bring me back, what is the concept? (standing up)

Jen M: (chewing and eating her sandwich and drinking her beverage)

Elizabeth: The vision is weíre front line. And weíre front line in the military way and weíre front line in the on-the-street way. This isÖ

Kevin: Am I the only one confused here?

Chris: (eating his French fries)

Jen M: Iím confused now. (eating her lunch)

##### edited out about an hour later of conversation #####

Chris: Iím out. (No more French fries in front of him)

Raj: Listening and holding cup of coffee on table.

Kevin: Tell me what you want. I canít create anythingÖ

Elizabeth: God, Kevin! (Smashing her two arms down into the table and putting her hands around pulling her hair.)

I wish you would work with me, instead of arguing with me.

Kevin: I wish you would make a decision

Elizabeth: I HAVE! Iím trying to explain it to you. I just want you to help me carrying it out. Itís not about pictures. Itís about doing some graphics on top of the pictures. Okay?

Jen M: (resting head on her arm sitting silent and still)

Raj: (shaking his head carrying his beverage on table)

Kevin: Right now even, we are about 5 hours from presentation time. We donít have a chance.

Kevin: I think our project manager sucks, flat out.

(table has no lunch but with four bottles of water spread out )

Elizabeth: Iíll be back. (walking out alone with her bag)

* looks like Elizabeth wasted at least an hour in conference and gaining NOT one ounce of cooperation from her team as the Project Manager.

Last edited by Ken NJ on 11-02-2004 at 06:33 AM |
Old Post 11-02-2004 06:11 AM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

Local time: 06:07 PM

post #45  quote:

She was a horrible leader. Period. She let the team bully her around and didn't put her foot down at all. She didn't like Raj's idea, yet she went with it... then flip-flopped... then went back... then did nothing to quell the mutiny that was brewing. This chick was a deer caught in headlights the whole time.

-HECK!

Old Post 11-02-2004 07:18 AM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Ken NJ
INReview Maven

Elizabeth Is An ENFP Outgoing, Fun And Genuine Person post #46  quote:

But Elizabeth is a Nice person to work with as an ENFP: < -- Click Here
    Work Environment: ENFPs are pleasant, easygoing, and usually fun to work with. They come up with great ideas, and are a major asset in brainstorming sessions. Followthrough tends to be a problem, however; they tend to get bored quickly, especially if a newer, more interesting project comes along. They also tend to be procrastinators, both about meeting hard deadlines and about performing any small, uninteresting tasks that they've been assigned.
quote:
She was a horrible leader. Period. She let the team bully her around and didn't put her foot down at all. She didn't like Raj's idea, yet she went with it... then flip-flopped... then went back... then did nothing to quell the mutiny that was brewing. This chick was a deer caught in headlights the whole time.

-HECK!

But she had great creative talent. People gifted in the arts generally aren't the best manager of people. They love to have fun and aren't so serious in nature. Corporate folks aren't as strong in the arts in general.

Not everyone MUST be a leader of people. They can be leaders in the arts and marketing efforts. Not everyone has all the skill sets. But I do agree she can't break b@lls because she too nice of a person. That's her downfall. But that doesn't mean she can't manage projects. It's the @ssholes that drive people crazy. She came a long way... since week #2 and #3 and proved she can withstand the corporate warfare. Not one tear drop at all under Kevin's barrage of scolding. Elizabeth Jarosz came a long way.

Old Post 11-02-2004 07:40 AM
Time: 02:07 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (2): « 1 [2]    Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Television > Reality TV > The Apprentice > The Apprentice II > Week #8
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: