Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Sports & Recreation > MLB > Los Angeles Dodgers
Search this Thread:
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
Staff
HECK!
Bluto

Local time: 12:05 PM

Los Angeles Dodgers post #1  quote:

The boys in blue are off to a great start! They swept the piss ant Giants! Oh yeeeeeeeeeah.

-HECK!

Old Post 04-19-2004 07:31 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
illuminate
Amazon Princess

post #2  quote:

yes, but WHY ARE THE YANKEES OFF TO A STINKING START!

Old Post 04-28-2004 05:36 PM
Click here to Send illuminate a Private Message Find more posts by illuminate Add illuminate to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore illuminate REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #3  quote:

Is this a Yankees thread? Hmmmmmmmm? Take that SPANKEE talk to the LAME forum.

And make sure to tell people I'm not using your account anymore.

-HECK!

Old Post 04-28-2004 06:11 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
illuminate
Amazon Princess

post #4  quote:

Oh i see,
another bitter anti-yankite.
it's under M...L...B. and for the RECORD, i do recall stating that I was a dodger fan. so shush.

and why are you stealing my identity?

Old Post 04-28-2004 07:46 PM
Click here to Send illuminate a Private Message Find more posts by illuminate Add illuminate to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore illuminate REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #5  quote:

It was a joke, I swear....

Bitter about hating the Spankees? Nah. Hey, what's their record anyway?

-HECK!

Old Post 04-28-2004 10:23 PM

Gold Member
illuminate
Amazon Princess

post #6  quote:

Wait, remind me the last time the dodgers went to the playoffs? just the PLAYOFFS?

Don't get me wrong, the Gibson hit was AWESOME... but pleeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Old Post 04-28-2004 10:43 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #7  quote:

1998. Sorry, didn't have 100 zillion dollar to buy a championship.

When was the last time Derek Jeter had a hit? 0-32!

-HECK!

Old Post 04-29-2004 07:20 PM

Gold Member
illuminate
Amazon Princess

post #8  quote:

First of all, why are we not in the yankees thread?

Secondly, The yankees have ALWAYS been a good team...BEFORE their money came about. And a lot of the team was BORN there so they didn't buy those players.

And mr. die-hard dodger fan, should get into your player's stats? everyone has hard times...you'd be pooping smiles if Jeter were to be on your team.

Old Post 04-29-2004 10:37 PM

matticus
Rookie

post #9  quote:

alright, to bandwagon fans and not bandwagon fans and whatever. Jet-er can go 0-for-the-rest-of-the-season or hit .400, Rodriguez will wake up, Giambi hopefully will have another MVP year (for sake of my fantasy team), I don't care. In the end, they and the Red Sox and all the other AL teams will find themselves watching the Angels beat somebody in the World Series.

As to the Dodgers... where to begin. We'll see who's talking smack when Milton Bradley finds his way into jail, when Tracy gets fired, and when DePodesta realizes that maybe Oakland wasn't such a bad place after all. I'm a Giants fan who knows full well that the Giants are going to royally suck this year, but I have all the faith in the world that come season's end, the Dodgers will find their ways home quite early.

p.s. unless the dodgers play in san diego, atlanta, chicago, or houston, they didn't make the playoffs in 1998. You were only off by two years.

Old Post 04-29-2004 10:52 PM
Click here to Send matticus a Private Message Find more posts by matticus Add matticus to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore matticus REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
illuminate
Amazon Princess

post #10  quote:

Oh just what we need,
another bandwagon angel fan... they win one world series as underdogs and all of a sudden there's a million new-found fans

Old Post 04-29-2004 11:09 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #11  quote:

quote:
matticus said this in post #9 :
alright, to bandwagon fans and not bandwagon fans and whatever. Jet-er can go 0-for-the-rest-of-the-season or hit .400, Rodriguez will wake up, Giambi hopefully will have another MVP year (for sake of my fantasy team), I don't care. In the end, they and the Red Sox and all the other AL teams will find themselves watching the Angels beat somebody in the World Series.

As to the Dodgers... where to begin. We'll see who's talking smack when Milton Bradley finds his way into jail, when Tracy gets fired, and when DePodesta realizes that maybe Oakland wasn't such a bad place after all. I'm a Giants fan who knows full well that the Giants are going to royally suck this year, but I have all the faith in the world that come season's end, the Dodgers will find their ways home quite early.

p.s. unless the dodgers play in san diego, atlanta, chicago, or houston, they didn't make the playoffs in 1998. You were only off by two years.

Ahhhhh, a dirty Giants fan. I have a special greeting for you:

No doubt I'd rather have a team surging in October rather than April, but right now, I have a big broom for you- because the Dodgers made a big sweep in your home field. And I took a trip to Dodger Stadium last week to see the Boys In Blue knock them off in extra innings. Milton Bradley RBI. Dodgers won the series.

We could all yank our chains about who will do what come playoff time, but regardless of how it shakes out, as long as the Dodgers finish above the *****es by the bay, I will be happy. Milton could be thrown in the slammer, but at least he doesn't play with needles. Too bad Barry Bighead can?t say the same. Here?s to tainted records and human growth hormones.

-HECK!

Old Post 04-29-2004 11:10 PM

matticus
Rookie

post #12  quote:

first off, to illuminate... brilliant comeback... brilliant. Did I fail to mention brilliant. Go back to New--- oh, wait, you're not from there. Pettitte's in Houston; follow him there, it's closer.

Moving right along, to the unfortunate Fodgers fan... thanks for including the full quote of what I'd put in two entries before... and congratulations, the Fodgers did win a series. two, in fact. They were bound to. They can't lose everything. They have finished below the Giants six years running, after all. First time that's happened in the clubs' rivalry. And that's why it's called a rivalry, unlike that Yankees-Red Sox thing. If the Red Sox could win a series or two against the Yankees maybe once or twice every 10 years they might have something approaching what the Giants and Fodgers have.

Also, very, very tactful approach to the Barry situation. For some reason I think you'd be singing a different tune if Barry was on your team. Then you might take that whole innocent-until-proven-guilty, it's-all-circumstantial-so-far approach. Show me the needles. Oh, wait, that's right, no proof. Damn, that slipped my mind. But there are newspaper articles all over the place. And newspaper articles are, after all, true. Good luck proving that one. I'd suggest sitting back and watching some home runs.

Quick question: during those Giants-Dodgers game, you didn't by chance continue watching past the seventh inning, did you? I swear I saw you leaving.

Also, your cartoon character appears to be wearing red underwear. Even you are a closet Angels fan.

Old Post 04-29-2004 11:23 PM
Click here to Send matticus a Private Message Find more posts by matticus Add matticus to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore matticus REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #13  quote:

I don't know what's more entertaining, the word 'Fodgers' (did you come up with that?) or bringing up tact. Sigh. Being a Giants fan, I know you're desperate for a win, on any level evidently, but come on. I'm sure you can find some junior high kid to play chess with you at Starbucks.

And the needles aren?t WMD?s. Grown men in their mid to late 30?s don?t gain 35 pounds of muscle unless their name includes the words ?Hulk? or ?Hogan?. And if Barry was on the Dodgers (shudder) I would cheer him, obviously. But I wouldn?t proclaim his innocence because I was a lame little homer. What are you going to tell me next, OJ didn?t do it? MJ is innocent? I don?t need to be on a street corner in Brentwood watching Orenthal cut off his wife?s head, I don?t need to be hiding in the closet while Michael has a sword fight with a 8 year old boy, and I don?t need to be up Barry?s ass to see the needle hit his cheek to pretty much know they?re guilty.

Leaving in the 7th. Oh yes, the Dodgers faithful are an odd bunch. Rest assured, I was there until the last out in the 12th. Too bad the Dodgers don?t have a juicer knocking souvenirs into the drink for fumbling jerks in kayaks. There wouldn?t have been an empty seat.

And the little guy isn?t an Angels fan, it?s the Giants mascot from getting spanked. Good thing you have two teams to bounce back and forth from. Cover all bases that way.

-HECK!

Old Post 04-29-2004 11:50 PM
Time: 08:05 PM Post New Thread   
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Sports & Recreation > MLB > Los Angeles Dodgers
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: