Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Unexplained Phenomena & Conspiracy > Ghosts & The Paranormal > Extra Sensory Perception
Search this Thread:
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
becker
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 02:28 PM

Extra Sensory Perception post #1  quote:

ESP-How many of you believe in ESP? What are your experiences in this area.? Is it real or is it a figment of someone's imagination? I think it's real.

Old Post 03-12-2004 10:57 PM
Click here to Send becker a Private Message Find more posts by becker Add becker to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore becker REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #2  quote:

I kinda think it's real, but I don't think it's extra-sensory. Just very observant.

Old Post 03-14-2004 05:23 AM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

Local time: 11:28 AM

post #3  quote:

What does this have to do with civil rights?

Old Post 03-14-2004 05:25 AM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Sayzak
Chimerical Visionary

Local time: 01:28 PM

post #4  quote:

I was thinknig the same thing...

Old Post 04-01-2004 12:18 AM
Click here to Send Sayzak a Private Message View Sayzak's Journal Find more posts by Sayzak Add Sayzak to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Sayzak Sayzak's MSN ID is blue3eleven@msn.com Click Here to Ignore Sayzak REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

Local time: 11:28 AM

post #5  quote:

Moved!

Old Post 04-01-2004 12:26 AM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

schmiggens
Outrageous

Local time: 03:28 AM

post #6  quote:

I don't know about ESP per se, but I have seen some wierd stuff with twins, especially twins who have been seperated at birth. They have a kind of ESP.

Old Post 04-01-2004 03:23 AM
Click here to Send schmiggens a Private Message Visit schmiggens's homepage! Find more posts by schmiggens Add schmiggens to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore schmiggens REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Anomaly77
Mastermind

Re: Extra Sensory Perception post #7  quote:

quote:
becker said this in post #1 :
ESP-How many of you believe in ESP? What are your experiences in this area.? Is it real or is it a figment of someone's imagination? I think it's real.

I believe that ESP is a real ability.
I have had much experience with it myself. And yes, some of those incidents could be chalked up to being very observant or extremely perceptive. But, there have definitely been plenty other times that lack any practical explanation. The downer hear is that I have no ability to turn it on or off, and the things I predict are typically of either no significance or sadly, negative.

We accept that animals such as cats and dogs, have an ability to "sense", fear, for example. Is it really that much of a stretch to believe that humans (or some) can do the same?

Old Post 04-01-2004 03:55 AM
Click here to Send Anomaly77 a Private Message Find more posts by Anomaly77 Add Anomaly77 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Anomaly77 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #8  quote:

Again, I don't think there's anything Extra-Sensory about it. I believe everything that you've learned came from your five senses. Just because you don't know why know something or how you learned it doesn't make it extra-sensory.

When dogs sense fear, it's from the way you are moving and the expression on your face, maybe they can smell adrenaline or something.

of course, that's just one man's opinon.

Old Post 04-01-2004 04:41 AM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Anomaly77
Mastermind

post #9  quote:

quote:
Again, I don't think there's anything Extra-Sensory about it. I believe everything that you've learned came from your five senses. Just because you don't know why know something or how you learned it doesn't make it extra-sensory.

I would like to challenge your theory...

Please provide practical explanations for the following:

When working a customer service job, a woman approached the counter with two small children and a stroller (still in box). She handed me her receipt. As soon as I touched it, I got the distinct feeling that she had a miscarriage. I opened the receipt...it was a year old. I pointed out our return policy of 30 days and she explained that she had a miscarriage and that it took her a long time to deal with it. I gave her the refund.

My sister briefly introduced me to a new boyfriend. I shook his hand and immediately it came to mind that he was the type to get abusive when drunk. I later told her of my feelings which made her irate. Two months later...it turned out I was right.

Two days before my grandfather died, he stopped in to see me at work. As he walked away I said, "he's going to die". He wasn't sick, there was no reason for me to think that. Two days later I got the call, and I really have never forgiven myself for doubting my intuition that day.

There are many more.

Old Post 04-01-2004 05:04 AM
Click here to Send Anomaly77 a Private Message Find more posts by Anomaly77 Add Anomaly77 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Anomaly77 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #10  quote:

quote:
When working a customer service job, a woman approached the counter with two small children and a stroller (still in box). She handed me her receipt. As soon as I touched it, I got the distinct feeling that she had a miscarriage. I opened the receipt...it was a year old. I pointed out our return policy of 30 days and she explained that she had a miscarriage and that it took her a long time to deal with it. I gave her the refund.

This one, I have no idea.

quote:
My sister briefly introduced me to a new boyfriend. I shook his hand and immediately it came to mind that he was the type to get abusive when drunk. I later told her of my feelings which made her irate. Two months later...it turned out I was right.

I can pretty much tell if someone smokes (or used to smoke) pot just by looking at them. Age and experience.

And if you look at the way people walk, you can understand a lot about them. And it doesn't even happen consiously.

Think about it, you see a car, and you know it's a car. You know that a person sits in the front seat and uses the round thing to steer it. You know it makes a loud humming noise when it's on, you may even be able to tell something about the driver of the car by looking at the car. And all this enters your mind in a split second, unconsiously.

Some people are able to do the same thing with more unusual things, and pick up subtleties that are damn near impossible to define.

quote:
Two days before my grandfather died, he stopped in to see me at work. As he walked away I said, "he's going to die". He wasn't sick, there was no reason for me to think that. Two days later I got the call, and I really have never forgiven myself for doubting my intuition that day.

Did he die of old age or some kind of accident. If old age, HE probably knew he was going to die. If an accident, inexplicable.

I know full well that there are things that defy logic. I'm just skeptical of the word "extra-sensory." Seems like unecessarily jumping to a conclusion to me.

Really, it's just nit-picking over the words. I'm not one of those people who thinks that just because something can be explained, doesn't make it any less amazing.

Old Post 04-01-2004 05:17 AM

Anomaly77
Mastermind

post #11  quote:

quote:
Did he die of old age or some kind of accident. If old age, HE probably knew he was going to die. If an accident, inexplicable.

He died of either a heart attack or stroke. It was his wishes that an autospy not be performed, upon his death. And, even if he could have known...how could have I?

...I'm pretty much willing to entertain anything until it can be proven false. Do to my own personal experiences, I'd have to accept the notion of ESP.

Old Post 04-01-2004 05:23 AM

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #12  quote:

I know what you're talking about; I have a story:

my dad had a bunch of old GI Joe's from the 50's and he saw in some book that they were worth a whole lot of money. He tried to sell them on ebay for WAY too much, didn't even post a picture of it, so of course nobody bought them. He actually got a few sarcastic e-mails (i was laughing on the inside). My dad is something of an idiot, but that's an entirely different subject.

Well anyway one day I drive into town to get my car inspected, and there's a big line so I've got a few hours to kill so I'm just strollin' around. It's in the city so there's trash all over the place but I walk by this patch of grass and there's a crumpled up piece of a newspaper and it's just a piece of trash but something whispered to me in an almost audible voice "that's not trash." So a turn around and just stuff it in my pocket and continue on my way.

Well later that night I'm emptying out my pockets (I keep so much stuff in my pockets, I do an inventory at the end of each day) and I uncrumple the trash and look at it and it's a classified section, with an ad for 1950's GI Joe's. My dad got a couple thousand bucks out of it.

Old Post 04-01-2004 05:33 AM

thearchitech
Crackerjack

Local time: 12:58 AM

post #13  quote:

Hello,
I belive in ESP. I cannot explain it , but it is real. I experinace one thing, which many do. many times while i m doing something, i feel something that it has happenned to me before or I have done this before. Then i remember, that i had a dream about it that I was doing so and so thing. but i forget my dreams very quickly. So i cannot expect what i have seen to be real. In short i can see the future but i cannot predict it as i cannot remember it. Well someone is ut there who can help me to develop my ESP is most welcommed. I am trying out myself also but need some help.

Old Post 04-23-2004 09:46 AM
Click here to Send thearchitech a Private Message Find more posts by thearchitech Add thearchitech to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore thearchitech REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

becker
Definitively Illumined

post #14  quote:

quote:
thearchitech said this in post #13 :
Hello,
I belive in ESP. I cannot explain it , but it is real. I experinace one thing, which many do. many times while i m doing something, i feel something that it has happenned to me before or I have done this before. Then i remember, that i had a dream about it that I was doing so and so thing. but i forget my dreams very quickly. So i cannot expect what i have seen to be real. In short i can see the future but i cannot predict it as i cannot remember it. Well someone is ut there who can help me to develop my ESP is most welcommed. I am trying out myself also but need some help.

There was a video tape on ESP, "Develop your psychic Ability. I forget the exact title, but I watched it daily for a Long time and developed some ESP. Not all, but some. Also took a live course in it. Check Google and Advise.

Old Post 04-23-2004 08:14 PM
Click here to Send becker a Private Message Find more posts by becker Add becker to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore becker REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

thearchitech
Crackerjack

Local time: 12:58 AM

post #15  quote:

I am looking in google for that matter. A lot of sites are there.
Thanks

Old Post 04-24-2004 07:44 AM
Click here to Send thearchitech a Private Message Find more posts by thearchitech Add thearchitech to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore thearchitech REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

kula
Crackerjack

Local time: 07:28 PM

post #16  quote:

I have no idea what lead me too this thread. Its almost bizzare.

kula

Old Post 04-25-2004 11:41 PM
Click here to Send kula a Private Message Visit kula's homepage! Find more posts by kula Add kula to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore kula REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 07:28 PM Post New Thread   
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Unexplained Phenomena & Conspiracy > Ghosts & The Paranormal > Extra Sensory Perception
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: