Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > Internet Dating. A Hunting ground for "Players"?
Search this Thread:
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
bitwiz44
Banned

Local time: 01:35 AM

Cool Internet Dating. A Hunting ground for "Players"? post #1  quote:

Who hasnt tried it....What was it like? Success, bummers, lyin Ads, Players....Air your experience here!

Old Post 04-30-2003 10:20 PM
Click here to Send bitwiz44 a Private Message Find more posts by bitwiz44 Add bitwiz44 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore bitwiz44 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Michellecr71
Enthusiast

Local time: 02:35 AM

I'll go first ..... post #2  quote:

Hmm the internet is an amazing media too .....sometimes positive and sometimes destructive. We've all heard stories of broken homes, and dangerous situations ..... but we've also prolly heard stories of Mr. and Miss Right finding one another ...... interenet connecting can be so intense and so intimate ..... no personal story to post .... just getting the ball started ... so how does one know when they are being played or when an internet "friend" is sincere?

Old Post 05-01-2003 12:42 PM
Click here to Send Michellecr71 a Private Message Find more posts by Michellecr71 Add Michellecr71 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Michellecr71 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

bitwiz44
Banned

Re: ..... post #3  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Michellecr71
Hmm the internet is an amazing media too .....sometimes positive and sometimes destructive. We've all heard stories of broken homes, and dangerous situations ..... but we've also prolly heard stories of Mr. and Miss Right finding one another ...... interenet connecting can be so intense and so intimate ..... no personal story to post .... just getting the ball started ... so how does one know when they are being played or when an internet "friend" is sincere?

Well I believe some things makes us bait for players. You join up with this preconcieved idea that we will find a match to our "Wish" list of what the other person should be. This is the first mistake non- players make. Second is the "from the picture". The pic's are very decieving many ways. And some just dont photo well. Third is the "connection" suppositly "Felt" or not through E-mail. Duh! Fourth is the Discussion/talking/ conversation over the phone. Way too many deep questions to discuss to someone you never met. Not knowing the triggers of the other, Mr/miss right can get blowed out of water accidently. last is the first impression meeting, Taboo for many who truly are looking for a life partner.

every step of the way, the "mental check list of "Wants" is examined and as soon as you stumble...Your eliminated. Men Players can smoothly make it all the way through this right to the bedroom. soon after after the "test drive"...your back to squaire one.
If some one seems to match your wish list 99%, all the way through the chances are very good you got a player.

I believe to guard against "Players" forget about a wish/want list. Create a true 'Need" list. Its our "Needs" in another that really count in a relationship, not the 'Wants". Compromise Is a necessary part of any relationship...If you cannot do it in the beginning...Then you will not later.

No-one ever knows who is right for them. The mental picture of MR/Mrs right we all have is wrong. Ask your self..If they are "all that" what would they see in you?

Last edited by bitwiz44 on 05-01-2003 at 03:07 PM |
Old Post 05-01-2003 02:58 PM
Click here to Send bitwiz44 a Private Message Find more posts by bitwiz44 Add bitwiz44 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore bitwiz44 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

bitwiz44
Banned

post #4  quote:

Anyone care to comment?

Old Post 05-01-2003 06:00 PM

esskay
Rookie

Local time: 11:35 PM

post #5  quote:

well..

I married my wife after connecting initially over the Internet. Two of my friends are married to partners they met initially on the web too. It does work from time to time

But yes, it does tend to be largely the stomping ground of HNG's (Horny Net Geeks) and you can always spot them when they ask you for your ASL (Age/Sex/Location) - anyone who asks that has one goal in mind.

Old Post 05-01-2003 09:47 PM
Find more posts by esskay Add esskay to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore esskay REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Lenas_slave
INReview Maven

Local time: 07:35 AM

post #6  quote:

I met my ex girlfriend on the net, we met and then she broke my heart... figures

Old Post 05-01-2003 09:52 PM
Click here to Send Lenas_slave a Private Message Find more posts by Lenas_slave Add Lenas_slave to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lenas_slave REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

bitwiz44
Banned

Hmm post #7  quote:

Another example perhaps
I'm (gasp!) just nearing my 18th birthday, I've been talking to a man online. I say "man" because he is six years my senior. This chatting via instant message moved to the phone, and both of us have expressed an interest in each other. Right now we're kept apart by the 250-mile distance between us. The fact of the matter is that the distance won't be an issue in less than a year because I will be starting college 20 miles from where he lives. (I assure you I picked the college before I started talking to him.) Should I "hold on" to whatever is going on until September, or should I cut the strings now because I know my mother's opinion would be that he is way too old for me and that his interest has ulterior motives that I'm too naive to see?

Old Post 05-04-2003 02:29 PM

Lenas_slave
INReview Maven

Local time: 07:35 AM

post #8  quote:

It's all true... on the internet, you are able to be who you want to, you can lead people to believe that you are someone you aren't, therefore it's easy to manipulate people into thinking that they are in love with you... My girfriend was so sweet and then she seemed to have multiple personalities, some of which were not very nice. She recently text messaged me with some words that I thought were messing with my head... so I guess it can go two ways..

Old Post 05-05-2003 07:43 PM
Click here to Send Lenas_slave a Private Message Find more posts by Lenas_slave Add Lenas_slave to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lenas_slave REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

helen55
In the Now Guru

Local time: 12:35 AM

post #9  quote:

Those of you who got married off the internet - how did you find each other initially, match.com or some chat room? I'm brand new to this and almost a virgin again, been single too long. So I really don't know where I should look for MR. Goodheart.
Do you have to be all over the place and just keep typing, hoping for the right person to login and reply????
I can see how you could spot a player, maybe the same way as in real life - talk of sex too soon, physical features, "like erotica", etc. I think you should be able to find a potential mates status regarding age/sex/location (M/F/single/married/gay etc) or else why bother. I would not want to spend 3 months typing to some dude who's too old or too young, or lives outside my comfort zone for travel/cultural background. Employment status would be good to know, but of course someone could lie about all that. Best way would be to get them to describe who they think they are so you can evaluate if that's anybody you'd like to know.
Actually meeting people in real life often does not give you that advantage, to get to know more about the person before you get attracted to them for all the wrong reasons.

Old Post 05-15-2003 06:56 AM
Click here to Send helen55 a Private Message Find more posts by helen55 Add helen55 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore helen55 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

jojoagain
Enthusiast

post #10  quote:

I have met quite a few people that I originally met online, I really don't have high hopes for meeting someone to have a long term relationship with. Even those who are honest, don't alway give a true impression from chatting. I just got done with a "relationship" I had never met the guy face to face but we had talked on the phone almost every day for a over a month, he says I kept too much from him, well to me there is just too much that needs to be said face to face. I figure the not knowing just got to be too much, either that or he was lying to me the whole time. Others I have met and gone out with a few times. One thing is that one meeting is not enough to know someone, expeciallly with me, I am kind of shy. As for players, there are lots and lots out there and you usually can't tell. You just have to take it slow, talk on the phone, meet a few times, then you should be able to trust your own judgement of them.

Old Post 05-25-2003 06:38 AM
Click here to Send jojoagain a Private Message Find more posts by jojoagain Add jojoagain to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore jojoagain REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

bitwiz44
Banned

Cool A good example! post #11  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by jojoagain
I have met quite a few people that I originally met online, I really don't have high hopes for meeting someone to have a long term relationship with.

Even those who are honest, don't alway give a true impression from chatting.

well to me there is just too much that needs to be said face to face.

One thing is that one meeting is not enough to know someone, expeciallly with me, I am kind of shy.

Jo Jo and I met Thru "Match Dot com" last year, So Sorry JoJo but this is a "Good" example.

First Let me say...The problem here was "Me ". Jo Jo is a shy attractive woman. Intelligent but very "Guarded". She has seen way too many loosers. So she doesnt have any "High" hopes of meeting Mr.right.

She is right, while I am "brutally" honest almost to a fault, You would discover I have a very powerful "personallity". Something that "Chatting" or talking on the phone may not reveal. Some women find comfort in a strong man type. Some freak out. Some reguard this as a controling personallity....Hmmm, To some extent could be true....I do need to "lead' us, so we will have less "world" problems...But Isnt that what a man is suppost to Do?

Another personallity trait I have is I believe most Men Are Loosers. They just dont meet my standards as fars a caring for their "woman" they way they should. So I get a little carried away separating Me from them. And perhaps I take this "Life" partner thing too seriously, But I cannot change that in me. Its who I am. Again too Honest.

I find it a challenge to "Get" the point across to the women in my age group....They have sufford with "Bad" men for too long. The Innocents of "Trust me" I will not hurt you...is long gone for them to believe any more...But I need trust to "function" in a relationship.

For those who have been following the 'Formula" theory....It did reveal she would find me Too overwhelming.
so again...the problem was me. Jo Jo is "a ok"..

Well back to my disney "V K"

Old Post 05-25-2003 03:03 PM

jojoagain
Enthusiast

post #12  quote:

You were just one in a long line of guys that didn't want to go out with me but I never could figure out why. Being honest would be telling me flat out why, and not a one has done that. I am also honest to a fault but I have figured out that is is the women and men for that matter that are not honest and are not caring that seem to find someone. Meeting someone online just doesn't work but the meeting someone not online is impossible. Good thing that I have learned to be happy with myself. Anyway, this is way off, and I don't really feel it was a good example, just made me want to defend myself. But thanks for telling me that I am ok, I need that sometimes too. Oh and I want a disney vacation.

Can we go back to some positive stories now?

Old Post 05-26-2003 03:38 AM
Click here to Send jojoagain a Private Message Find more posts by jojoagain Add jojoagain to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore jojoagain REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

bitwiz44
Banned

Cool true story! post #13  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by jojoagain
You were just one in a long line of guys that didn't want to go out with me but I never could figure out why. Being honest would be telling me flat out why, and not a one has done that. I am also honest to a fault but I have figured out that is is the women and men for that matter that are not honest and are not caring that seem to find someone.

Hold on Jo Jo...If you can recall.....To quote you...I was the first to tell you this Internet dating, especially in our area...It leaves a lot to be desired For finding someone who is not a player

Meeting someone online just doesn't work but the meeting someone not online is impossible.
very True!

Good thing that I have learned to be happy with myself. Anyway, this is way off, and I don't really feel it was a good example, just made me want to defend myself.

Dont get defensive....(you cannot help it I know) As I repeaditly said...It was me...Not you.

But thanks for telling me that I am ok, I need that sometimes too. Oh and I want a disney vacation.

Im going to donate 1 hour of V K because of the importances here...then im back to "Play time"!

Can we go back to some positive stories now?

This is positive...What took place...Both sides...Is a good example!

I posted some where.."its about our needs not our wish list". and to get even deeper...Our personallity traits.....That the "formula" points out.

Because of my personallity trait, I went into this looking for the "Inside" of a potential "Life partner"..And put the outside as "least important" or just "Bonus". I recall my first "meeting" on Love at aol..in "99". (short version) she and I went from email..to talking on the phone...to Meeting...In a matter of hours. So at 8pm im in my Audi...driving 30 miles to meet. No problem here. a little exciting too! we met..at a "Pub". She tells me of all these Physical issues she has...im still in the mind set "no problem, no problem"! She even has a missing breast...Hmm..well ok..If she is my life partner then I can handle this 'Grocery" list of problems..and adapt.. In my opinion..We clicked and she said the same too! Wow! but at the end....at 2:30am.from 8:30pm..(long meet eh? well I can be very charming most of the time) She states to me..."I really like you allot" but I will not see you again usless you promise to quit smoking right here and now! Yes I mean from this minute on..

I was stunned. all this time together she saw me smoke....knew up front that I did...never said anything untill this minute.

I stood there and replied.."to tell you i could do this, I would be lying to you". So she said..Good by....(as I lit another cig, couldnt help myself)

I thought this...hmm, she has a long list of serious problems...and all she can fault me for is "Smoking"? Damm!

The formula stated she was extremely 'Selfish" and doesnt "compromise". Well, I just got a hard lesson of what it ment.

So how do we Know who Is right for us? We dont. I have got this down to find One thing in a woman to have that I can build on....TRUSTING ME . Everything else would just be bonus! The formula states I am the most "Trust worthy" peroid of all 48. So If a woman can "spot that in me" and follow through....We just might work out. The down side is...There is only two peroids that can easily "trust another". the rest of the peroids..well, a woman would need to have her "eyes" wide open as well as her mind.

Last edited by bitwiz44 on 05-26-2003 at 04:43 PM |
Old Post 05-26-2003 04:38 PM

bitwiz44
Banned

Cool Dont even come here without AMEX.... post #14  quote:

Another problem, (while waiting for the shuttle for universal) is this...ask your self.....can you still give someone your heart? And can you really let go of the past?
If you are honest with yourself and 'No" is the answer....Stop now. Dont pretend you want a real relationship. You really dont. And i dont even believe the "Bull" about how he is the "Kids" father either. Its over, done, finished, he has someone else get a grip and move on!
If you have not reclaimed your heart from the EX, You will not be able to give it to any one worthy in the furture.
If your past was "Hell' and today your still living it...well even the Mr.or ms right for for you will not work out. You will never let go so the two of you can 'Grow". Want to here another experience...YOu do? Ok..
Another 'Zoom from email to meeting" like before..Damm its even in the same area the other one lived in..Hmm....However, this time the formula states 'very affectionate" touchey feely" like mine does.. there were three very long Meetings that took place over 5 days... She was not what I was use to...A 6'2" woman...we easily saw eye to eye.. So I took it to the next level...Come over to my place and i will cook lobster for you..

And she did..It was about 102 out side, she came in dripping wet her air was broken in the car....(i did not even hesatate, I got some of my employees to come and get her car and fix this) any way......She asks if she can take off her clothes to cool off faster... well ok I said. At this point, she was a Nude barbie...mosts guys would be drooling...Me I was 'Guarded" not to encuraged and offer her a new Bikkini from inventory that I keep in stock. She said no to that..she was ok like this. Hmmm. After dinner, (shes still nude) we were just talking...and Something click in my 'Head"...not that one...the big one.. She was still hoping after 9 years that her ex was going to come back and re-claim her. And I did ask her just that too! She started crying! The EX, dump her for a much younger woman...has 4 kids in the last nine years, doesnt even talk to her...And she still believed he was comming back to her? Duhh? I never saw her again after that day...she did not even say thanks for fixing her Air..She stated to me that i should just be happy that we would be just "bed" buddies....Sorry I said...I "need' more than that.

opps gotta run..

Old Post 05-26-2003 07:27 PM

Michellecr71
Enthusiast

Re: Trust Me! post #15  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bitwiz44

I have got this down to find One thing in a woman to have that I can build on....TRUSTING ME . Everything else would just be bonus! ....The formula states I am the most "Trust worthy" peroid of all 48. So If a woman can "spot that in me" and follow through....We just might work out. The down side is...There is only two peroids that can easily "trust another". the rest of the peroids..well, a woman would need to have her "eyes" wide open as well as her mind.

I am impressed that your #1 attribute in a woman is that she trust you. Not SURPRISED as I feel like I've gotten to know YOU somewhat, but still - it is impressive that you state it as you have. But as you said in a previous post "the innocence of trust me - I will not hurt you, is long gone" . Learning to trust again is a process, takes time. I do believe it can happen. I find myself questioning and doubting sometimes and I have to make a concious effort to "stop the maddness". To remind myself one bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch. I can't hold the entire male race responsible for the deceit and disappointment of just a couple. Whether someone out there can be patient enough with me so that I can fix what has been wrong in my life, and do some healing - lick my own wounds so to speak - well, that is out of my hands. I know I have a lot to offer my life partner, but great things come to those who wait .... right?

I guess I'm going on and on here trying to make a point that might help other readers. When we've been hurt or deceived or jaded from an unhappy relationship (whether we are man or woman!) - first order of business is to heal .... so much the better if we have someone in our corner "with arms wide open" as a friend and an encourager. Until we are emotionally healthy again, we'll never be able to trust and love fully. That's my opinion. Be patient with yourselves and your lovers!

Old Post 05-26-2003 07:41 PM
Click here to Send Michellecr71 a Private Message Find more posts by Michellecr71 Add Michellecr71 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Michellecr71 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Michellecr71
Enthusiast

Re: Dont even come here without AMEX.... post #16  quote:

quote:
Another problem, (while waiting for the shuttle for universal) is this...ask your self.....can you still give someone your heart? And can you really let go of the past?
If you are honest with yourself and 'No" is the answer....Stop now. Dont pretend you want a real relationship. You really dont. And i dont even believe the "Bull" about how he is the "Kids" father either. Its over, done, finished, he has someone else get a grip and move on!
If you have not reclaimed your heart from the EX, You will not be able to give it to any one worthy in the furture.
If your past was "Hell' and today your still living it...well even the Mr.or ms right for for you will not work out. You will never let go so the two of you can 'Grow".

.....??????......damm - I guess you are saying there is just no hope for some lonely people. I wonder - are you judging someone here or just making a generalization? Interpretation can make all the difference ....

P.S. cute subject post .....

Old Post 05-26-2003 07:54 PM

jojoagain
Enthusiast

Smile post #17  quote:

You do have to get rid of your past before you can move on, many think when they find someone new the past will just go away but it wont, it will stick around and haunt you. I didn't date for two years after my divorce, then even when I did I was not completely free, I am now and I can tell the difference, I don't find myself comparing things at all. He all of a sudden came back in my life becasue of some legal issues but he is not part of my life, I can so tell the difference and I love that I can tell know that I had completely gotten him out.
The smoking issue is funny, I have seen people like that, but they sure won't put in their add that they don't accept smoking, they just assume whoever they find will quit for them. I don't smoke either but I have and understand smoking.
Bitwiz, it wasn't just you, just like it take two to make a relationship it takes two to not make one, I think we both had issues at that time. Also with you #1 reason about finding someone that can trust you, does that mean you will trust anybody??????? To make it work the trust has to go both ways but you can't take it too far. You have to allow a new person in your life to have some secrets until you feel you are ready to handle them, as long as it is secrets and not things they are still doing though.
I am pretty open in what I am looking for but there are still things I have to have, I have to have someone I can talk too, did you ever go out with someone and they sat there and moaned about their life the whole time, that I can't handle. And then there is the trust issue but I feel that trust grows with the relationship, it is just not there from the beginning.
Well I have rattled on and on about nothing and I don't even have orlando to look forward too.

Old Post 05-26-2003 08:18 PM

bitwiz44
Banned

Cool Re: Dont even come here without AMEX.... post #18  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Michellecr71

.....??????......damm - I guess you are saying there is just no hope for some lonely people. I wonder - are you judging someone here or just making a generalization? Interpretation can make all the difference ....

P.S. cute subject post ..... [/B]

quote:
[i]Originally posted by jojoagain
You do have to get rid of your past before you can move on, many think when they find someone new the past will just go away but it wont, it will stick around and haunt you. I didn't date for two years after my divorce, then even when I did I was not completely free, I am now and I can tell the difference, I don't find myself comparing things at all. He all of a sudden came back in my life becasue of some legal issues but he is not part of my life, I can so tell the difference and I love that I can tell know that I had completely gotten him out.
The smoking issue is funny, I have seen people like that, but they sure won't put in their add that they don't accept smoking, they just assume whoever they find will quit for them. I don't smoke either but I have and understand smoking.
Bitwiz, it wasn't just you, just like it take two to make a relationship it takes two to not make one, I think we both had issues at that time. Also with you #1 reason about finding someone that can trust you, does that mean you will trust anybody??????? To make it work the trust has to go both ways but you can't take it too far. You have to allow a new person in your life to have some secrets until you feel you are ready to handle them, as long as it is secrets and not things they are still doing though.
I am pretty open in what I am looking for but there are still things I have to have, I have to have someone I can talk too, did you ever go out with someone and they sat there and moaned about their life the whole time, that I can't handle. And then there is the trust issue but I feel that trust grows with the relationship, it is just not there from the beginning.
Well I have rattled on and on about nothing and I don't even have orlando to look forward too.

Michelle: Well yes and yes......Judging someone Yes...Here, no...Generalizing..of course I am. Moms will live in 'Hell" for their kids. Most Men count on it. They still control Mom long after the divorce. Kids today are allowed to question their parents actions and If it doesnt suit their wants they Pi$$ and mone about it. The parents have lost the fact kids are just not ready to make 'Intelligent" desigions yet. Kids Are never satisfied no-mater what you do for them. They dont even see the pain mom goes through for them. It isnt untill they have there own families they finally understand. But mom has lost much of her life that she could have been happy with someone else. Time is one thing no-one can get back...its one way only. Then when they do finally relize what mom did for them...they back peddle with...Mom I was just a dumb kid, I didnt know, you should have left Dad, Blah Blah.
Still the lost time, and mom being happy is gone forever.

Jo Jo: yea ok....I shouldnt have slamed down 7 Ultament Long Islands in front of you at TGIF. But they are YUMMY! To tell someone that I have a very 'High' tollerance to Wiskey etc. is something most dont understand...and rightfully so..most guys dont have this type of tollerance. But give me a beer...I get stupid in one can. Go figure? And when they run my TGIF card...And go WOW You have more points that 50 customers combined, dont help me out either!
Yes as I even told you then...I trust first. Unconditionally! Its like Innocent untill proven guilty.

Farely Open you say? Yea i started with..No prefrence, no preference, in the Ads On what I was looking for..Well it wasnt very long and the first change was "Age group" and "current Status" (single ,married, divorced etc.). Women older than me by 5+ years seemed very bitter about life. And the 18 year olds were not "Appealing"...(i guess I can be shallow too). It just did not Feel right even talking to them.
Then It was the barrage of "Married women" looking for a part time lover...Thats not me. so -10 and +5 from my age and Single or divorced only is what I changed it to. I was getting closer it seemed...for a while. But then the formula pointed out what they would not tell...per-say.. And I really tried to prove the formula wrong time after time....It wasnt. Their true colors would always show sooner or later.

Gee..need food...now...

Last edited by bitwiz44 on 05-27-2003 at 02:13 PM |
Old Post 05-27-2003 02:09 PM

bitwiz44
Banned

Cool What other problems did I have? post #19  quote:

Jo Jo
YOu didnt mention the 'Hump" in my back or my knuckles drag the ground...the extra Eye....One tooth....One sprig of goat hair glued on my head.....So you were ok with this huh? Wow ...Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..

Old Post 05-28-2003 05:08 AM

jojoagain
Enthusiast

funny post #20  quote:

I was just trying to be nice, to pretend I didn't notice those things. But see when you are as beautiful as me it is awful hard to ignore. See you have brains, I just have my beauty to realy on.

Besides you know you aren't bad looking.

Old Post 05-28-2003 05:20 AM

bitwiz44
Banned

Cool Mo' alarming stuff... post #21  quote:

Moving from Chi to STl..I got a whole new 'group' of Intrested Women. For the first 120 responses I recieved...The #1 question was...Do you have a pickup? No I have an AUDI I would reply....Wass that? is it like a pickup? The #2 question put to me was...Do you own a 'Double wide"? Now understand...i did not get this question.... I thinking rolling papers, Its a 'Size" of man hood thing...King size bed....So I just never responded to this one.....But Im standing In a STL downtown bar called "Dooleys" and A woman Comes up to me and starts talking to me. ..where you from...blah blah....And asks the same two questions... So I said no to the truck ..but I proudly says Yeah...Its double wide baby. ...Two guys next to me are rolling on the floor.. . Finally after they catch their breath...Im told "she means a trailer" Duhh!

And no..Jo Jo was the only one who never ask me those two questions.

Last edited by bitwiz44 on 05-28-2003 at 05:36 AM |
Old Post 05-28-2003 05:32 AM

CriX
Enthusiast

post #22  quote:

Wow, pretty crazy stories.

Bizwiz, if you're 18 and about to go to college I'd definately say to hold off on dating the older guy. You'll already be referred to as "fresh meat" by college Juniors and Seniors... you're a totally innocent target to an older guy. I know this because I'm a guy and that's how we may think, plus a 26? year old doesn't have anything to gain besides sex from an 18 year old girl. Sorry, but you just aren't going to have the wisdom/intelligence/insight of someone that's lived 6 years longer than you.

I just got out of a 4 month relationship with a girl I met through Craig's List. Hmm... I wonder if I was a player? I don't know. The relationship got sexual very fast IMO (sex within 3 weeks) and I'm not sure that I ever really loved her even though I told her I did. Anyway, it was a very functional relationship for both of us. We helped each other survive the cold winter and got each other laid as it had been about a year and half since both of our past relationships. It was educational and an experience. I guess that's what I'm taking out of it.

One interesting thing is that the internet let me get to know some one just by dialogue first. I didn't know what she looked like until she said she would come out and meet me at a local concert. So I agree with A/S/L thing being sketchy. You definately have to be more suave than that (maybe these are my "player" tactics ) But this girl was REALLY hot and the fact that I was with her definately boosts my self esteem! I do wonder if I would have been able to meet her under any other condition. I doubt it. When this girl goes out to clubs she's the one that jumps up on the stand and starts swinging around the pole. She's wild like that but secretly she's very shy. Kinda like me. So in a public place where she would feel more vulnerable, she would have had her defences up and would have been less likely to talk to me. I also might have been too intimidated. I remember the first time we went out to a club together I was in total disbelief seeing myself walking around with the hottest babe in the whole club. All the dudes were staring and I was such the man!

Anyway, the internet definately does allow people to get together and its a good way to practice dating. I went out on two dates before meeting my recent ex-girlfriend. They were pretty bad but because of them I think I was less nervous and more prepared for my dates with ex.

Advice for internet dating postings:

Guys: Be ballsy as hell, fun, confident, and if you're sly, mention that you're financially well off or mention that cool car if you have one. Women want a MAN. Be him.

Girls: mention that you're female. that's about it. You'll get replies. Sorting them? I don't know. Respond to all email signed, "CriX!"

Old Post 05-29-2003 03:30 PM
Click here to Send CriX a Private Message Find more posts by CriX Add CriX to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore CriX REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

bitwiz44
Banned

Cool Awww Crix.... post #23  quote:

Thanks for the insite...looking out for me..Awww, how sweet of you.. (I bat my eyes)

Well im a little older than 18..... That was an example post of some one else's experience..

And I will take your advice...Will not date a older guy...

You think im fresh meat Eh? Thanks for the compliment..

You know about someone from what they write...Hmmm Can I say you need to work on this?

I guess your right about someone 6+years on me..

FYI...I have never "spread" my legs for any man...Still a virgin here and proud of it.

I could go on but...Crix...Im a 40ish man...But thank for caring..

Old Post 05-29-2003 05:58 PM

CriX
Enthusiast

post #24  quote:

ugh... don't bat your eyes at me. hehe

so jojoagain is the girl. I think i saw two contradictory statements about your age and gender. oh well.... this is the internet after all.

Old Post 05-29-2003 06:09 PM
Click here to Send CriX a Private Message Find more posts by CriX Add CriX to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore CriX REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

bitwiz44
Banned

post #25  quote:

An Innocent mistake...but funny..

Old Post 05-29-2003 06:17 PM

jojoagain
Enthusiast

post #26  quote:

Yep, I'm the girl, it was funny. Been a long long time since I was 18 or 26 for that matter. Kind of scary though that I came off as a man, or Bitwiz as a woman for that matter. Could be why I don't find anybody on the net.

Old Post 05-29-2003 06:21 PM

bitwiz44
Banned

Cool Something to ponder.. post #27  quote:

Hmmm good point Jo Jo....Maybe he was "Playing" me and wanted in my "Pants"

Last edited by bitwiz44 on 05-29-2003 at 07:06 PM |
Old Post 05-29-2003 07:02 PM

CriX
Enthusiast

Baaaaarf post #28  quote:

you wish, old-timer.

where are the barfing smilies?

Old Post 05-29-2003 07:10 PM

helen55
In the Now Guru

Local time: 12:35 AM

Re: Mo' alarming stuff... post #29  quote:

quote:
Moving from Chi to STl..I got a whole new 'group' of Intrested Women. For the first 120 responses I recieved...The #1 question was...Do you have a pickup? No I have an AUDI I would reply....Wass that? is it like a pickup? The #2 question put to me was...Do you own a 'Double wide"? Now understand...i did not get this question.... I thinking rolling papers, Its a 'Size" of man hood thing...King size bed....So I just never responded to this one.....But Im standing In a STL downtown bar called "Dooleys" and A woman Comes up to me and starts talking to me. ..where you from...blah blah....And asks the same two questions... So I said no to the truck ..but I proudly says Yeah...Its double wide baby. ...Two guys next to me are rolling on the floor.. . Finally after they catch their breath...Im told "she means a trailer" Duhh!

And no..Jo Jo was the only one who never ask me those two questions.

OOOO Bit, with the double wide! Didn't you feel true mouse love to my hairy legs?? Could you be the ONE??? I love your hump already!!

Last edited by helen55 on 06-25-2003 at 09:22 PM |
Old Post 06-25-2003 09:18 PM
Click here to Send helen55 a Private Message Find more posts by helen55 Add helen55 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore helen55 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

esskay
Rookie

Local time: 11:35 PM

post #30  quote:

So like.. why are people asking about your truck & trailer? Are those symbols of wealth, power or social status out yonder? :lost:

Old Post 06-25-2003 11:50 PM
Find more posts by esskay Add esskay to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore esskay REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 07:35 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > Internet Dating. A Hunting ground for "Players"?
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: