Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > Revenge
Search this Thread:
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
becker
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 02:58 AM

Revenge post #1  quote:

REVENGE --Should we try to get back at the person or persons that double-clutched us? Or should we just lie down and cry like a meek little softie? What do you think?

Old Post 02-14-2004 02:31 AM
Click here to Send becker a Private Message Find more posts by becker Add becker to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore becker REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

esskay
Rookie

Local time: 11:58 PM

post #2  quote:

I take the fifth as the answer may serve to incriminate me.

Old Post 02-14-2004 02:50 AM
Find more posts by esskay Add esskay to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore esskay REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

becker
Definitively Illumined

Cluck Cluck post #3  quote:

quote:
Sean Kelly said this in post #2 :
I take the fifth as the answer may serve to incriminate me.

Don't be bashful -we're all friends here. It won't go any further.

Old Post 02-14-2004 02:55 AM
Click here to Send becker a Private Message Find more posts by becker Add becker to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore becker REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

esskay
Rookie

post #4  quote:

It's an internationally accessible website that extends to the furthest reaches of the planet - it CAN'T go any further

Old Post 02-14-2004 03:13 AM
Find more posts by esskay Add esskay to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore esskay REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

becker
Definitively Illumined

post #5  quote:

Trust me-I won't forward it to Mars.

Old Post 02-14-2004 03:17 AM

becker
Definitively Illumined

Bam! post #6  quote:

I'm torn between wanting to get even with someone who betrayed my trust or just to let it go. I get opposing answers from people that know the story. Haven't decided yet .

Old Post 02-14-2004 09:10 PM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #7  quote:

Becker, you have to think about is revenger really worth the time and anger involved. Be smart and then decide your course. Remember the old adage "living well is the best revenge". I personally believe that we all will have to stand before God and be judged. So I think they will get theirs.

Old Post 02-15-2004 12:59 AM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

becker
Definitively Illumined

post #8  quote:

quote:
fuscia said this in post #7 :
Becker, you have to think about is revenger really worth the time and anger involved. Be smart and then decide your course. Remember the old adage "living well is the best revenge". I personally believe that we all will have to stand before God and be judged. So I think they will get theirs.

EASY FOR YOU TO SAY! I'm so Pi...d off I will get even by passively ignoring any and all things that are connecting.

Old Post 02-15-2004 01:04 AM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #9  quote:

Yes, it easy to say when I am not the one who is mad. I just hope you think it through before you act. I don't want to see you do anything that will hurt you in the end.

Old Post 02-15-2004 01:30 AM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

becker
Definitively Illumined

My End? post #10  quote:

quote:
fuscia said this in post #9 :
Yes, it easy to say when I am not the one who is mad. I just hope you think it through before you act. I don't want to see you do anything that will hurt you in the end.

Not to worry. I would never do anything to hurt my end!

Old Post 02-15-2004 01:43 AM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #11  quote:

Oh Becker!

Old Post 02-15-2004 01:55 AM

esskay
Rookie

post #12  quote:

Remember: "revenge is a dish best served cold." give it time and you'll either cool off and let it pass, or have a very opportune moment for payback when they least suspect it.

Personally, I let the piddley crap go. It's the spiteful, destructive, deliberate acts of harm that you won't get away with.

Old Post 02-15-2004 02:21 AM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #13  quote:

quote:
Sean Kelly said this in post #12 :
Remember: "revenge is a dish best served cold." give it time and you'll either cool off and let it pass, or have a very opportune moment for payback when they least suspect it.

Personally, I let the piddley crap go. It's the spiteful, destructive, deliberate acts of harm that you won't get away with.

I have to agree with Sean on that.

Old Post 02-15-2004 02:22 AM

becker
Definitively Illumined

All right already post #14  quote:

I am convinced to just lie here and suffer in silence , using no manipulation or stealth operations to exact revenge upon the one that deserves it. But of course I won't be able to sleep tonite--drat! Becker-says Roger and out.......

Old Post 02-15-2004 03:00 AM

Pulse
INReview Maven

post #15  quote:

I know some people I would like to take some revenge from

Old Post 03-03-2004 06:15 AM
Click here to Send Pulse a Private Message Find more posts by Pulse Add Pulse to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Pulse REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chelktty
In the Now Guru

post #16  quote:

Becker, I can understand the desire for revenge... Through my personal experience, when an incredibly terrible person screwed me over, I thought about revenge, but I was more relieved to have him out of my life. So revenge seemed unimportant. But if you really want revenge....

Wait 5 years. Save your money. If you're still mad, do the following: Organize an all expense paid trip (financed from your savings over the years) for your target, to Singapore under the guise of a fabulous sweepstakes. Including hotel, airfare, spending cash & a brand new set of luggage. Inside the lining of the luggage, deposit massive amounts of cocaine and heroine. Call and place an anonymous tip to Singapore customs agents the day your target is supposed to fly back home. After the trial and sentencing, you should have a year or so before their execution to call and wish your condolences.

Old Post 03-03-2004 02:08 PM
Click here to Send chelktty a Private Message Find more posts by chelktty Add chelktty to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chelktty REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

becker
Definitively Illumined

Five Years? post #17  quote:

quote:
chelktty said this in post #16 :
Becker, I can understand the desire for revenge... Through my personal experience, when an incredibly terrible person screwed me over, I thought about revenge, but I was more relieved to have him out of my life. So revenge seemed unimportant. But if you really want revenge....

Wait 5 years. Save your money. If you're still mad, do the following: Organize an all expense paid trip (financed from your savings over the years) for your target, to Singapore under the guise of a fabulous sweepstakes. Including hotel, airfare, spending cash & a brand new set of luggage. Inside the lining of the luggage, deposit massive amounts of cocaine and heroine. Call and place an anonymous tip to Singapore customs agents the day your target is supposed to fly back home. After the trial and sentencing, you should have a year or so before their execution to call and wish your condolences.

Your idea's thesis has condiderable merit. However, after five years my revenge anger probably would have mutated to indifference. But, of course, that's your subtle and gentle way of saying....Fo-git it..Also-I wouldn't get near that type of drug. I was thinking more of ways to screw up a life by sneaky leaks to several parties involved with that person's important life facets. But I won't do anything. Just suffer in silence.

Old Post 03-03-2004 06:24 PM

becker
Definitively Illumined

PPPSssss. post #18  quote:

Little revenge tactics such as : Loss of job--repo of home--kicked out of college--loss of kids---total bankruptcy--reduced to street person--name changed to Czotsky. Little things like that.

Old Post 03-03-2004 06:30 PM

esskay
Rookie

post #19  quote:

Here's some Anger Management for ya..

and when you're done with that..

here's some ideas on how to get even.

http://www.undercoverpress.com/revenge.html
http://revengeunlimited.com/catalog...lt.php?cPath=22
http://www.digitalexperience.com/revenge.html
http://www.rotteneggs.com/se/1095.html
http://www.thefinger.co.uk/shop.php
http://www.nodoze.net/archive/
http://www.textfiles.com/uploads/revengebp.txt

STANDARD DISCLAIMER:
quote:

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME : Certain text files and messages contained on this site deal with activities and devices which would be in violation of various Federal, State, and local laws if actually carried out or constructed. The webmasters of this site do not advocate the breaking of any law. Our text files and message bases are for INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. DO NOT undertake any project based upon any information obtained from this or any other web site. We do not guarantee that any of the information contained on this system is correct, workable, or factual. We are not responsible for, nor do we assume any liability for, damages resulting from the use of any information on this site.

Old Post 03-03-2004 08:21 PM

becker
Definitively Illumined

Picturing post #20  quote:

Sean-lol--
I'm only daydreaming. It's not in me to do anything spiteful to anyone. Have never done it. Will never do it. Just venting frustration on IR. It does the trick if I just think about it. Some really rotten back-stabbing to me in the past. AM NOW Falling for ads promoting scar removal cream. Running out of scar money. Have to sleep face down. And Sean if you continue to take me seriously , my judgement of your superior intellect will suffer. Chelktty knows who I'm talking about. Send anti-depression pills, prepaid.

Old Post 03-03-2004 08:43 PM

esskay
Rookie

Re: Picturing post #21  quote:

quote:
becker said this in post #20 :
..And Sean if you continue to take me seriously , my judgement of your superior intellect will suffer..

"Hey man, I put my pants on one leg at a time too - only difference is afterwards I go out and make gold records!" -- Christopher Walken, SNL skit enacting Blue Oyster Cult's recording of "Don't Fear the Reaper"

Old Post 03-03-2004 09:40 PM

becker
Definitively Illumined

Re: Re: Picturing post #22  quote:

quote:
Sean Kelly said this in post #21 :

"Hey man, I put my pants on one leg at a time too - only difference is afterwards I go out and make gold records!" -- Christopher Walken, SNL skit enacting Blue Oyster Cult's recording of "Don't Fear the Reaper"

Congrats--Sean!!!!!!

Old Post 03-03-2004 09:47 PM

becker
Definitively Illumined

Total Blowout post #23  quote:

After my "conversation " today with the one I so deeply love and who professes her love for me, I am so completely upset and disgusted with her , that I really feel the need for revenge. My initial action will be to compose a letter so bitter that it will cause her skin to curl up and peel right off of her body. I have already advised her kids not to contact me ever again because of their mother's ill treatment. I will not do anything illegal, because I don't want to be a jail playmate of the year for some incest descendant. Big problem: she lives one block away. I have to pass her house every day. Guess I'll have to train myself not to look. I will not do anything on a reality basis, but I desperately need your input about what I should do about this. I am very upset.

Old Post 03-13-2004 11:08 PM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #24  quote:

Becker, maybe a letter is not such a bad idea. You do NOT have to send it, but the process of putting your feelings down on paper may help.

Old Post 03-13-2004 11:32 PM

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #25  quote:

yeah cuz if you send it she'll probably just write a letter of her own

Old Post 03-14-2004 12:13 AM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

becker
Definitively Illumined

post #26  quote:

I have never in my life ever wriiten this type of letter to anyone. In fact I won't usually put anything in writing. And Dekka , she won't answer back after our talk today. I gave her every chance to impart her regrets. She didn't. I just e-mailed one of her girls to never contact me again because of her mother, and to tell her sisters the same thing. And I WILL send the letter. No matter what she is going thru there can be no excuse for her actions. This will be the first rotten thing I have ever said to her. I don't think I have ever been this upset. And Dekka I finished the rewrite on Poodle. I'll send it to you. Nothing like the one I sent you before. Thank you both for your interests. You are good people and I appreciate your characters.

Old Post 03-14-2004 12:35 AM

Staff
Dekka00
Administrator

post #27  quote:

my dad sent many a letter to my mom during their divorce. After a while she started showing them to me. They were actually quite comical. I'm not sure if she wrote any back. If she did she didn't tell me about them.

Make sure you read over your letter about a million bajillion times before you send it. And wait like a week or two to make sure you don't say anything you wish you didn't say.

Old Post 03-14-2004 03:54 AM
Click here to Send Dekka00 a Private Message View Dekka00's Journal Visit Dekka00's homepage! Find more posts by Dekka00 Add Dekka00 to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Delta
Stormy Weather

Becker Breaks up for the tenth time post #28  quote:

Being that I am close to his situation he needs to take hold of himself and get on with living, just think she is dead, dead dead. Then go thru your grieving peroid like you would if she really died.

You have broken up and taken this woman back so many times its s tupid. Grow up. All of us have gone thru heartbreak and survived. You act like you are the only peron to have this happen.

Get a grip Man.

D

Old Post 03-14-2004 09:02 PM
Click here to Send Delta a Private Message Find more posts by Delta Add Delta to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Delta REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

becker
Definitively Illumined

Re: Becker Breaks up for the tenth time post #29  quote:

quote:
Delta said this in post #28 :
Being that I am close to his situation he needs to take hold of himself and get on with living, just think she is dead, dead dead. Then go thru your grieving peroid like you would if she really died.

You have broken up and taken this woman back so many times its s tupid. Grow up. All of us have gone thru heartbreak and survived. You act like you are the only peron to have this happen.

Get a grip Man.

I am right this minute, gripping. I am picturing her dead dead
dead. I think I'll leave now and visit her grave. But I don't know where she's buried. Oh, well. I'll ask the Charmed ones to scribe for it. D

Old Post 03-14-2004 09:15 PM

becker
Definitively Illumined

Wise Friends post #30  quote:

Due to some of my intelligent friends and their wise counseling. I have reached a decision. I will not seek any revenge. I will not contact her or any of her children again--ever. I will not pen a nasty letter. I will not do anything. I will just try to remember the good things about our relationship and be happy about that. I don't want to do anything to hurt her, although I could. It may take me a long time to get over this, but I will try. This is very difficult for me because I wanted to marry her. Even with her 5 daughters. I don't feel good about meeting someone else right now, even tho' there have been several opportunities. I don't know what the future will bring, but I have to accept the present. Even tho' I know she loves me.

Old Post 03-15-2004 09:27 PM
Time: 07:58 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > Revenge
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: