Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > Gothic people
Search this Thread:
Pages (4):  [1] 23 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
(??._tA?A_.??)
Crackerjack

Local time: 07:38 PM

Gothic people post #1  quote:

What do you think of them as? Just some youngens who are putting on black to get some attention? Or people who are just being themselves, and showing who they really are? Do you think of Avril Lavinge a a PUNK or PRETENDER????

Old Post 03-11-2003 09:55 AM
Click here to Send (??._tA?A_.??) a Private Message Find more posts by (??._tA?A_.??) Add (??._tA?A_.??) to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore (??._tA?A_.??) REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

esskay
Rookie

Local time: 01:38 AM

post #2  quote:

There are all kinds. I think many are attention-starved, and so they do something different to gain attention for themselves. However I believe there are other who are more genuinely into certain cultural aspects of goth that may make them more "authentic" In terms of goth chicks - some are downright frightful to behold, I don't buy into it.. especially excessive body-art yuck: desecration, IMO.. not rfom a religious standpoint, I just don't think it's attractive and that many of them might have regrest about permanent "personal" modifications as they grow older. Some, on the otherhand.. are drop-dead gorgeous.

I recall in recent years seeing a gorgeous, pale girl all in black with tight leggings and long, flowing coattails trailing behind her as she crossed a street, her thin legs moved her gracefully and she was just one of those unearthly vissions of "wow".

Oh yeah, and by contrast, Avril is your average *****y highschool flopout drug-addict loser. I don't think wearing too much mascara/eyeliner qualifies her to be a part of conversation about goth..

Old Post 03-15-2003 12:57 AM
Find more posts by esskay Add esskay to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore esskay REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

(??._tA?A_.??)
Crackerjack

post #3  quote:

yes well i just had to add avril in to the goth thing sorry teacher. jeepers. yes wlel i agree some goths do it to get attention an dtry to be different, but others are i guess just plain out scary! what do you think about punks? reply

Old Post 03-28-2003 11:36 AM
Click here to Send (??._tA?A_.??) a Private Message Find more posts by (??._tA?A_.??) Add (??._tA?A_.??) to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore (??._tA?A_.??) REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

esskay
Rookie

post #4  quote:

"teacher"?

Punks are the in the same situation as far as I'm concerned. To me, some punk is cool and attractive.. and other is just over the line and repulsive. Matter of preference I suppose..

Old Post 03-29-2003 10:20 AM
Find more posts by esskay Add esskay to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore esskay REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Eminems_Baby_69
Rookie

post #5  quote:

my personall opinon on all this is that..
Goths (like myself) have there own way of showing who they really are... Avril Lavien.. I think that she has the right way of going and showing who she really is.. all these little pukes who think that they can go and be posers... like ummm... (even tho I like these guys) Blink-182.. there posers..but I still like there music.. I don't but that all I really have to say
By the way.. I'm Mandy... and I'm new here!

Old Post 03-29-2003 04:17 PM
Click here to Send Eminems_Baby_69 a Private Message Visit Eminems_Baby_69's homepage! Find more posts by Eminems_Baby_69 Add Eminems_Baby_69 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Eminems_Baby_69 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

(??._tA?A_.??)
Crackerjack

post #6  quote:

yeh fair enough i guess

so you are a gothic then? do u have all the eyeliner and ****? hehe some goths do look scary though i have to say . . .
my friend wears a lot of eyeliner and black clothes, but shes really nice and happy, so it shows that all that matters is whats in the inside.............

luv tara

Old Post 03-30-2003 02:43 AM

Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

post #7  quote:

I don't think being goth is a way to "show who you really are" anymore. It's unoriginal - more of a trend now. In fact - now adays, being goth is more unoriginal than not.

Old Post 03-30-2003 03:10 AM
Click here to Send Marc Flemming a Private Message View Marc Flemming's Journal Visit Marc Flemming's homepage! Find more posts by Marc Flemming Add Marc Flemming to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

(??._tA?A_.??)
Crackerjack

post #8  quote:

but do you know every single gothic person on this earth and if they are only doing it to be cool or if they really are showing their true feelings. so you cant exactly say that unless you have proof of it, and if you dont, then all its doing is insulting people who are gothic.

Old Post 03-30-2003 10:20 AM

rexer
Qualified Rookie

Local time: 09:38 AM

post #9  quote:

I saw a girl with a nose ring spit out of the bus window today. I guess she's usually the butch

Yea, I don't care for goth, but to each his own I guess. SNL made fun of goth on a few occassions, pretty funny.

There was this guy with some real issues at the light rail station. First he called this goth chick "sweetie pie", she said "don't call me that.". Then he said something about not putting lipstick on ****. Then he said something like "I am what I am and that's who I'm going to be." Reminded me of Popeye. Riding mass transit has it's more memorable moments at times

Old Post 04-21-2003 08:14 AM
Click here to Send rexer a Private Message Find more posts by rexer Add rexer to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore rexer REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

bitwiz44
Banned

Local time: 03:38 AM

post #10  quote:

people watching is like going to the Zoo nowadays

Old Post 04-21-2003 02:11 PM
Click here to Send bitwiz44 a Private Message Find more posts by bitwiz44 Add bitwiz44 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore bitwiz44 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

(??._tA?A_.??)
Crackerjack

post #11  quote:

yeh some punks n goths have major attidtude problems, i heard that most dress like they do cos they've been thru a rough time, obviously!

Old Post 04-22-2003 07:01 AM

lainie97006
Rookie

post #12  quote:

They can wear trash bags for all I care. As long as they act respectfully. By this I mean, as long as they aren't standing around yelling and swearing and generally making a**es of themselves like the majority of the populations seems to be doing these days. Could it be because I also ride public transportion that I feel this way? Yeah, I think so.

So pierce your ears 203 times, wear as much white makeup as you want. Just don't sit next to me on the bus and tell me how many beers you just had and how many people you had sex with yesterday. That's not so much to ask.

Old Post 04-22-2003 08:37 PM
Click here to Send lainie97006 a Private Message Find more posts by lainie97006 Add lainie97006 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore lainie97006 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

babyk089
Crackerjack

post #13  quote:

lol bitwiz...so tru so tru...i think anyone who dresses totally opposite from normal (chains whips....black overly baggy pants...etc.) is asking for attention. I mean...come on? You think they actually feel comfortable in those clothes? They want attention! (in my opinion)

Old Post 05-04-2003 04:11 PM
Click here to Send babyk089 a Private Message Find more posts by babyk089 Add babyk089 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore babyk089 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Lenas_slave
INReview Maven

post #14  quote:

baby biatch, I am a sk8boarding punk, I wear baggy pants and chains and ties, chokers, studded wrist cuffs etc, and I can honestly tell you that it's not for attention, we dress like it to express ourselves, just like ya'll wear your skirts and tight tops and dresses... It's just the style that we like...

Old Post 05-05-2003 12:57 AM
Click here to Send Lenas_slave a Private Message Find more posts by Lenas_slave Add Lenas_slave to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lenas_slave REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

babyk089
Crackerjack

post #15  quote:

lol ya i know there are the people that don't do it for attention...but where i live...theres a lot of money, and so kids go to hot topic and buy out the whole stores and call themselves punks....but then again ther are the tru punks! so ya it goes both ways

Old Post 05-05-2003 01:45 AM
Click here to Send babyk089 a Private Message Find more posts by babyk089 Add babyk089 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore babyk089 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

bitwiz44
Banned

post #16  quote:

Do gothic people "Hide" during a lightning storm?

Old Post 05-05-2003 04:46 AM
Click here to Send bitwiz44 a Private Message Find more posts by bitwiz44 Add bitwiz44 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore bitwiz44 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

bitwiz44
Banned

Cool Questions of the unknown post #17  quote:

Do gothic people pierce their "A$$ holes"? And would they" show" it off? When they meet..and one of them is wearing magnets..Do they feel an attraction? When a gothic mom gives birth..Does she end up "Shreaded wheat"? Do they avoid water so they will not rust? When your gothic..do you still need Iron in your diet? much to ponder..

Old Post 05-05-2003 05:06 AM

Lenas_slave
INReview Maven

post #18  quote:

thats a really stupid joke or statement whatever it was supposed to be. You stick to ya'lls preppys and We'll stick with our punx and goths..

Old Post 05-05-2003 03:20 PM
Click here to Send Lenas_slave a Private Message Find more posts by Lenas_slave Add Lenas_slave to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lenas_slave REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

bitwiz44
Banned

Gothic "Head" thread post #19  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lenas_slave
thats a really stupid joke or statement whatever it was supposed to be. You stick to ya'lls preppys and We'll stick with our punx and goths..

Gee, post #16, 17 were valid questions I thought..

Old Post 05-05-2003 05:10 PM

Lenas_slave
INReview Maven

post #20  quote:

I'd say that your "valid questions" are infact, quite offensive to goths, You are insinuating that goths are some kind of dark creature, like dracula or something. they don't come out only at night are not full of some magnetic field that attracts them to lightning or sharp objects. They are just people, like you and me, sure they have problems, but don't the rest of us?

Old Post 05-05-2003 07:51 PM

babyk089
Crackerjack

post #21  quote:

i dont have anything against goths at all because truly appearence has nothing to do with the person inside. i have so many friends that dress totally different. to me it makes no difference.

Old Post 05-05-2003 10:53 PM

Lenas_slave
INReview Maven

post #22  quote:

like i said before baby biatch atleast u have an open mind

Old Post 05-05-2003 11:34 PM

bitwiz44
Banned

Cool post #23  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bitwiz44
Do gothic people "Hide" during a lightning storm?

Still waiting for an answer..

Old Post 05-05-2003 11:45 PM

bitwiz44
Banned

Cool Re: Questions of the unknown post #24  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bitwiz44
Do gothic people pierce their "A$$ holes"? And would they" show" it off? When they meet..and one of them is wearing magnets..Do they feel an attraction? When a gothic mom gives birth..Does she end up "Shreaded wheat"? Do they avoid water so they will not rust? When your gothic..do you still need Iron in your diet? much to ponder..
Still waiting...and might I add...no question here refers to dark creature or dracula....

Old Post 05-05-2003 11:47 PM

Lenas_slave
INReview Maven

post #25  quote:

and there's me thinkin that you were mature...

Old Post 05-06-2003 08:34 AM

(??._tA?A_.??)
Crackerjack

post #26  quote:

U tell them LenasSlave.....those jokes about goths were just going TOO far....there is nothing wrong with gothic people, and if anyone here has some major problems...its gotta be bitwiz44

tara

Old Post 05-07-2003 01:41 AM

bitwiz44
Banned

Cool Still just children... post #27  quote:

If you three "children" would have payed more attention in school Expecially in "Reading"class...It would be just too easy to see these were Real questions pertaining to Science and health and one for curiousity. You want the world to acknowledge "Goth" and understand it. Yet If a question is raised, Boo hoo Boo hoo they're Knocking "Goth" again!

But if there is some "ugly" secrets about goth your trying to avoid, I understand...

Old Post 05-07-2003 01:54 PM

grets
Mastermind

post #28  quote:

question to the Goths --you say your appearance is an expression. my question is, what are you individually trying to express?

Old Post 05-07-2003 02:53 PM
Click here to Send grets a Private Message Find more posts by grets Add grets to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore grets REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Lenas_slave
INReview Maven

post #29  quote:

hey bitwiz before you start telling some "child" to learn more, you should know that this "child" is infact, a published author, so you should learn more before you make an assumption about someone...

Old Post 05-07-2003 03:24 PM

bitwiz44
Banned

Cool Author? post #30  quote:

A published author will not run from questions...And Your apparently are "Goth" Why not as A goth just answer the "Goth " questions" put here? An published "Author" Would not "Read" in something else to the questions put to them.

Old Post 05-07-2003 04:00 PM
Time: 09:38 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (4):  [1] 23 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > Gothic people
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: