Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > Ongoing Debate About Homosexuality
Search this Thread:
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 34 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
outsider
Mastermind

Local time: 10:11 AM

post #31  quote:

quote:
devildog said this in post #96 :
Of coarse aids is found everywhere. With Bi sexuals,tri sexuals,metro-sexuals,transgenders, and any other freak of nature act it is bound to inflict the entire populous. But if you are trying to convince me that the gay community is benign in the perpetuation of the ailment,than save your breath. I know better. And the muppet didn't say "if you hug me......" It said "I can't make you sick" Keep in mind that they are speaking to 5 yr olds.

quote:
devildog said this in post #102 :
The acts I mentioned ARE freaks of nature by the very definition. I dont know of to many animals other than a sea horse and maybe a worm that is a- sexual. So freak of nature seems to fit just fine . Sorry if it hurt your feelings. Well not really. Why is it that you could call me anything you wanted and it wouldn't bother me in the least? I am what I am. It will either be true or not. I admit it either way.I don't hide from myself.

Hmmm... let's see, you posted about freaks of nature. Nature is the plant and animal world. You mentioned some human groups and some animals. Humans are a species of the animal world. Humans and animals are part of nature. Hence the circle ends.

I did not bring up nature, you associated AIDS with freaks of nature, and you associated AIDS with Gays. Therefore I was explaining that Animals experience homosexuality and it is part of nature.

Dude, you are so freaked out by AIDS, what is up with that phobia? And your tax dollars go to many things other than AIDS research and prevention.

And frankly, unless you are pulling a couple billion dollars a year, your pithy share of tax dollars is not making much of a difference. Give me a break, do you really think you are Hubert Humphrey making the big $$ each year? I am sure that the CDC will put your 50 cents to good use this year.

---(outsider puts another bowl of Cheerios on the table for our guest to pi$$ in)---

Old Post 02-15-2004 03:07 AM
Click here to Send outsider a Private Message Find more posts by outsider Add outsider to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore outsider REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

outsider
Mastermind

post #32  quote:

And dude, you don't even know what a Metrosexual is. And you are calling them a freak of nature.

Old Post 02-15-2004 03:13 AM
Click here to Send outsider a Private Message Find more posts by outsider Add outsider to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore outsider REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

devildog
In the Now Guru

Local time: 01:11 PM

post #33  quote:

Your ability to "know" what I know is uncanny. You must forward along that technology.

Old Post 02-15-2004 05:49 PM
Find more posts by devildog Add devildog to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore devildog REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

outsider
Mastermind

post #34  quote:

I'm sorry but the prime directive prevents us from sharing our technology.

Old Post 02-15-2004 08:13 PM

chelktty
In the Now Guru

post #35  quote:

Just watched "Iron Jawed Angels" last night, it premiered on HBO. Great movie. It reminded me of everything that's going on right now with gay rights. Women fought for equal rights as early as 1868 and were not enfranchised in the United States until 1920. They, like gays in America, held parades, picketed the White House and lobbied for their cause in Congress. It was a long battle but they finally won. It was no different for blacks during the 50's. It's no different for Gays now.
See, back then many men expressed hate at the idea of women being considered as equals...often violently. The same thing happened to blacks. And now again with Gays. It's a cold hard fact that history repeats itself. It's a shame that we have to go through these kinds of hoops to get people to understand that everyone should be considered equal and share the same rights and privilages as anyone else.
Mostly people who are anti-gay, claiming that it's deviant, morally wrong, unnatural, etc. in general operate these assumptions out of fear.
They fear it because they don't understand the behavior, nor do they even want to attempt to TRY to understand it. "The bible says it's wrong so it's WRONG!" "My parents taught me that it's wrong, so it's WRONG!" "I could never understand what would attract a man to a man or a woman to a woman because I've never felt that way, therefore it MUST be WRONG!"
Listen up kids, just because you don't understand it, doesn't make it against nature. Take a look at history and figure out that those who oppose equality for all eventually lose out in the end.

And as for you devil, I'm not going to go round and round with you, arguing against your mindless banter when you are incapable of being honest. "I'm 16, no wait, I'm married, no wait I was in the Marines on recon missions while you were a kid, and I have a brother who's gay, no wait he's my brother-in-law, no wait he's not gay, he's a pedophile, and my best friend is gay but I think he's a freak of nature who should shut up and keep it out of my face, he also shouldn't share the same rights that I have because his behavior is unnatural and deviant - because if people aren't exactly like me they're both wrong and freaks because as I've so clearly pointed out, ONLY I speak the truth."
Devil, I don't have the patience to go back and forth with you. Outsider, Mystic, KJ, Hatchjaw and myself have presented both facts and articles (that you refuse to read BTW) and you simply come back with your same old tired rhetoric. So I have had enough of your immature mindgames and refuse to play with you any longer. If you want to read through the articles and maybe present something logical, we can talk. But until then, have fun and I hope you're not too disappointed when you find out that God is a lesbian.

Old Post 02-16-2004 04:06 PM
Click here to Send chelktty a Private Message Find more posts by chelktty Add chelktty to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chelktty REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

outsider
Mastermind

post #36  quote:

VERY well said chelktty. History does repeat itself. I remember watching TV in the 70's and they would have these shows where women were struggling to be treated equal. And the same for the black community. And all I could think of as a kid was "that is so wrong to treat another person that way", and I was apalled to see that behavior happen outside of the box.

I grew up in a white/latino/native american community. And the rednecks would always have some lame excuse why the other cultures were "less than" themselves. I learned pretty early in life that the rednecks are not that bright, which logically made me look at the other cultures for intelligence.

I wonder, when Gays & Lesbians finally get equal civil rights, who will they turn on next? Is there anyone left after that to discriminate against?

It is really sad that so many people are taught hate. I never understand why you would do that, but then again I don't understand hate. In my world, if you don't like someone, you don't associate with them. But the people who are so hateful seem to do the opposite, they seek out all of the groups they hate and interact with them all of the time. It's illogical, but then again so is hate.

Old Post 02-16-2004 07:30 PM

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #37  quote:

quote:
chelktty said this in post #35 :
Mostly people who are anti-gay, claiming that it's deviant, morally wrong, unnatural, etc. in general operate these assumptions out of fear.
They fear it because they don't understand the behavior, nor do they even want to attempt to TRY to understand it. "The bible says it's wrong so it's WRONG

You must know everyone of us who are against homosexuality, and you are able to speak for each of us and say we fear. Hmmmm... I'm with devildog... can you pass on that technology too? Last I knew, no one was able to know the heart of man except for God. You really ought to patent that assumption you have, as you could make a lot of money speaking for people.

quote:
But until then, have fun and I hope you're not too disappointed when you find out that God is a lesbian.

God wouldn't be one because He calls it a sin, and since He is not capable of sinning, we know your statement is false.

I hope you're not too disappointed when you find out God is everything He says He is, and homosexuality is a sin.

As for the "gay rights" movement, no one said everything mankind does is pleasing to God. If mankind cared about what God said then they would do away with all the immoral things in the world. But since they don't care, we'll just have to keep fighting for what each of us believes in, and when the Lord returns, we'll all learn who was actually right or wrong.

Georgia is moving fast to change our Constitution to overthrow what the judges are doing, and all I can say is PRAISE GOD FOR GEORGIA LEGISLATURE!!!!!!

Old Post 02-17-2004 01:23 AM
Find more posts by Kookaburra Add Kookaburra to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Kookaburra REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

Local time: 02:11 AM

post #38  quote:

Now all Georgia needs to do is reinstate slavery and you're all set!!!

I'm very surprised that someone can complain about one person understanding what's in another man's heart, and you claim to know what's in Gods. Now that's technology I'd love to get my hands on.

And remember, there's more arguments against heterosexuality than there are homosexuality in the Bible.

Old Post 02-17-2004 01:31 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #39  quote:

Good thing we don't live in Georgia then!!!

Our beliefs our different than yours... bottom line.
We each believe something different, and that's all there is to it.
We see different ends of the spectrum.... over here, it's a RAINBOW of colors (pardon the pun), and over there, it's black and white.

For me, I'm just glad to see things moving forward. Outsider, you said something that hit a cord in me... who WILL they turn to next? It's a sad state of addairs. Unfortunately, there will never be an end. Someone will ALWAYS say that they are right, and everyone else is wrong. I'm not going to be one pointing fingers... it's just not a fun place to be. I'm tired of seeing hate, every single place you look. Maybe someday, things will change... until then, we will do our part.

Old Post 02-17-2004 01:32 AM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #40  quote:

The technology for that is clear and simple gaboman.. it's called the Bible, and it's available to anyone who wants to read it. No secrets there.

It doesn't matter if there is only one argument in the Bible about it, or a million passages. How many times does God have to say no? And besides that, does He need to reinforce His meaning more than once for it to be valid?

But then again, I'm speaking to people in a forum that:

1. reject anything in the Bible that speaks against the lifestyle they want to live;
2. do not think the Bible is the written word of God;
3. believe the Bible is from God but think He doesn't care about any of this;
4. reject the Bible because they don't use it as their benchmark for determining right from wrong.

Therefore, I know I am outnumbered on this forum, but I know I am not outnumbered where it really counts.... Judgement Day.

Old Post 02-17-2004 01:36 AM
Find more posts by Kookaburra Add Kookaburra to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Kookaburra REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #41  quote:

My meaning was God's heart also says he is against heterosexuality. If he doesn't need to push this point more than once for people to understand, than you should also be complaining about marriage in general. God doesn't accept a man and a woman to be together, let alone a man and a man or woman and a woman, but you seem to only have a problem with people who want the later two.

Hypocracy that is.

Old Post 02-17-2004 01:40 AM
Click here to Send gaboman a Private Message Find more posts by gaboman Add gaboman to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #42  quote:

I am concerned about marriage in general, but the topic of this thread is about homosexuality, so I stayed on topic.

Hypocracy? Tell me what would happen if I commented on something off-topic? Would I not be corrected and told to take it to another thread? Want to talk about marriage in general, then start the thread and I'll tell you in there how I feel about that too. We can discuss all the moral values that America is lacking, in other threads. This one is about homosexuality and my lack of discussing other topics in here is far from hypocracy.. it's called ON TOPIC.

Old Post 02-17-2004 01:54 AM

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #43  quote:

I'll start that thread

Old Post 02-17-2004 01:57 AM

chelktty
In the Now Guru

post #44  quote:

quote:
Kookaburra said this in post #37 :

You must know everyone of us who are against homosexuality, and you are able to speak for each of us and say we fear. Hmmmm... I'm with devildog... can you pass on that technology too? Last I knew, no one was able to know the heart of man except for God. You really ought to patent that assumption you have, as you could make a lot of money speaking for people.

You know I never thought about taking my act on the road, I've made a lot of money marketing the services of professional speakers, but only at a fraction of what they net...Hmmmmm... Food for thought, I'll chew on it Kooka. BTW, welcome to the thread! I was wondering when you were going to mosey on in here.

God wouldn't be one because He calls it a sin, and since He is not capable of sinning, we know your statement is false.

Um...which God is that? Oh that's right, it's your God. You are aware that there is this little thing called separation of church and state and freedom of religion?
Sorry but I stand by my argument. It infringes on the rights of Gay and Lesbian American citizens to deny the same fundamental rights and privilages as every other American citizen. It's outright mandating that they cannot have the same rights as a heterosexual couple simply because of their sexual orientation. Last I checked that's called discrimination.

I hope you're not too disappointed when you find out God is everything He says He is, and homosexuality is a sin.

Wow Kooka, I thought even you would get that my comment was a joke. Go Easy.

As for the "gay rights" movement, no one said everything mankind does is pleasing to God. If mankind cared about what God said then they would do away with all the immoral things in the world. But since they don't care, we'll just have to keep fighting for what each of us believes in, and when the Lord returns, we'll all learn who was actually right or wrong.

This isn't about "mankind", this is about what's right and wrong within the law. Isn't it clear by now that discriminating against someone or a group of people because they're different from the average "white christian american" cookie cutter image is wrong??

Georgia is moving fast to change our Constitution to overthrow what the judges are doing, and all I can say is PRAISE GOD FOR GEORGIA LEGISLATURE!!!!!!

Wasn't Georgia the state with the judge who installed the ten commandments? Wasn't Georgia along with it's cousin Alabama one of the most racially discriminating states back in the 50's & 60's? Was it Georgia or one of the other bible belt thumping states that fought so hard to keep the confederate flag? Yeah Kooka, way to go!!

Old Post 02-17-2004 03:25 AM
Click here to Send chelktty a Private Message Find more posts by chelktty Add chelktty to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chelktty REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

outsider
Mastermind

post #45  quote:

I am going to jump back a few posts. Since devildog doesn't seem to know what a metrosexual is, I will explain it.

metrosexual
(met.roh.SEK.shoo.ul) n. An urban male with a strong aesthetic sense who spends a great deal of time and money on his appearance and lifestyle.

Mark Simpson invented this term in 1994, and it drifted slowly from one media source to another throughout the rest of 1990s and early 2000s.

Meet the metrosexual
-excerpt from solon.com article--
July 22, 2002 | David Beckham, the captain of the England soccer team at this year's World Cup in Korea and Japan -- quite possibly the most famous and photogenic soccer player in the world --

A metrosexual is a 100% HETEROsexual male. And since devildog was using this term in his freak of nature diatribe I thought I would ask hime to define it. But as usual anytime the word SEXUAL comes up with conservatives of any kind, we must automatically assume the meaning is bad and immoral. We are allowed to go to war and kill people, we are allowed to show massive violence on TV and movies, and we are allowed to cover all of the atrocities of death on the news but sex in any form is a horrible crime against humanity.

The only difference between Homosexuals and Heterosexuals is the person they are emotionally, mentally, physically, romantically, and sexually attracted to. Otherwise gays and straights do exactly the same things day in and day out.

Old Post 02-17-2004 04:48 AM

devildog
In the Now Guru

post #46  quote:

quote:
chelktty said this in post #35 :
as for you devil, I'm not going to go round and round with you, arguing against your mindless banter when you are incapable of being honest. "I'm 16, no wait, I'm married, no wait I was in the Marines on recon missions while you were a kid, and I have a brother who's gay, no wait he's my brother-in-law, no wait he's not gay, he's a pedophile, and my best friend is gay but I think he's a freak of nature who should shut up and keep it out of my face, he also shouldn't share the same rights that I have because his behavior is unnatural and deviant - because if people aren't exactly like me they're both wrong and freaks because as I've so clearly pointed out, ONLY I speak the truth."
Devil, I don't have the patience to go back and forth with you. Outsider, Mystic, KJ, Hatchjaw and myself have presented both facts and articles (that you refuse to read BTW) and you simply come back with your same old tired rhetoric. So I have had enough of your immature mindgames and refuse to play with you any longer. If you want to read through the articles and maybe present something logical, we can talk. But until then, have fun and I hope you're not too disappointed when you find out that God is a lesbian.

If you can go back and find just ONE inconsistent statement that I made I will then respond. 16???? I wish

And what "facts" have only outsider,mystic,kj,and hatchjaw brought forth? All of which happen to share the same view as you do. What a coincidence. I have heard you guys/girls say "I feel this way or that" OR " I think this or that". That doesn't qualify as "fact" to me. Didn't Clinton sign something saying that a marriage will be defined by a man and a woman? Thought so. Now, if that is to be changed,we must put it to a vote right? That's called democracy,outsider. If you have a problem with that than leave. I have said many times that my major problem is that these radical liberal Judges are forgoing the "will of the people". I guess you are ok with that since they are breaking the laws in favor of something you believe in, right? Do you want to live in a democracy? When you put it to a vote, you will find that a majority of America will see it the way Kooka and I do. Doesn't mean that someone is right or wrong it is just how Democracy works. Please explain why this practice should NOT be used , and why one is "crazy",for lack of a better term, for believing in it. And by the way people, bringing up slavery is absolutely ridiculous. I won't even get into how absurd the comparison is because I think any rational thinking American Knows already.But going back to Democracy,I will inform that the MAJORITY of America was against slavery.

And don't forget to get back with me on those "lies". I will be anxiously awaiting for you to substantiate this claim. Evolve will ya?

Old Post 02-17-2004 09:22 AM
Find more posts by devildog Add devildog to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore devildog REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
gaboman
What Would Jack Do?

post #47  quote:

quote:
devildog said this in post #46 :

If you can go back and find just ONE inconsistent statement that I made I will then respond. 16???? I wish
She already pointed out the inconsistant statements
quote:
And what "facts" have only outsider,mystic,kj,and hatchjaw brought forth?
She already said, articles and such.
quote:
All of which happen to share the same view as you do. What a coincidence.
Yes... agreeing with someone is a coincidence........
quote:
I have heard you guys/girls say "I feel this way or that" OR " I think this or that". That doesn't qualify as "fact" to me.
She said "articles". Didn't say anything about ignoring the way they felt about an issue,
quote:
Didn't Clinton sign something saying that a marriage will be defined by a man and a woman? Thought so.
Clinton did a lot of things, if I remember correctly. His marriage, I believe was between himself, Hillary and a Miss Lewinsky. Use him signing some piece of paper that defines marriage as evidence is just appauling.
quote:
Now, if that is to be changed,we must put it to a vote right? That's called democracy,outsider.
Then shut up and vote already. I think most people in this thread have shown an opposing view to yours. Wonder how the rest of the country feels.
quote:
If you have a problem with that than leave.
and if you have a problem with that then leave.... (takes one to know one)
quote:
I have said many times that my major problem is that these radical liberal Judges are forgoing the "will of the people".
seems, in here, most people are willing to legalise homosexual marriage.
quote:
I guess you are ok with that since they are breaking the laws in favor of something you believe in, right?
Right, every homosexual is planning to get a "counterfeit" marriage, wedding certificate and all... and what can the law do? Muaahaha
quote:
Do you want to live in a democracy? When you put it to a vote, you will find that a majority of America will see it the way Kooka and I do.
I already mentioned that most in this thread don't agree - how can you really think the rest of the country is the same?
quote:
Doesn't mean that someone is right or wrong it is just how Democracy works.
True.
quote:
Please explain why this practice should NOT be used , and why one is "crazy",for lack of a better term, for believing in it.
If everyone in America agreed that you should reinstate slavery would that make it not crazy?
quote:
And by the way people, bringing up slavery is absolutely ridiculous.
Oh crap, I've done it again. Yes, it was I who mentioned slavery, and just, well, partly in jest, to show how outdated making homosexual marriage illegal would be. If you couldn't see that you're a bit slow.
quote:
I won't even get into how absurd the comparison is because I think any rational thinking American Knows already.
You're always American this, American that... have you even been out of your country for a visit to any other place? Seen how other people live? Not interested to? Nah, didn't think so. You have America shoved so far up your ass we can find fragments of it exposed through your nostrils... I bet you've never even been in a foreign car, right? hehe
quote:
But going back to Democracy,I will inform that the MAJORITY of America was against slavery.
You will inform that? What the hell does that mean? You mean you "are informed that"? Well, yes, but from what I've heard a few people had to have their minds changed.
quote:
And don't forget to get back with me on those "lies". I will be anxiously awaiting for you to substantiate this claim. Evolve will ya?
I'm looking forward to this one too

Old Post 02-17-2004 10:53 AM

devildog
In the Now Guru

post #48  quote:

I just have a hard time believing that there are facts about this topic. It seems that almost every post is filled with opinion. How can there be facts on this issue? The only facts that I am aware of are these1) The judge broke the law by giving out these psuedo marrage licences.(2) Currently it is illegal for this union to take place(3) Polls indicate that Americans do not want this. Where am I wrong. And by the way, Gab, anyone can post that someone has lied or has posted inconsistant statements. It is quite another to back it up.

And I mentioned America over the slavery issue /civil war issue because ,it did happen in America after all.

Old Post 02-17-2004 01:51 PM

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #49  quote:

devildog, remember when they thought the radical judge of Alabama should be thrown out of court? You see, he was doing something in favor of an issue they were against. Off with his head! How dare he break the laws! He's a judge and should be upholding the laws!

However, now we have a radical judge ALSO breaking the laws... but because it's concerning homosexuality and allowing people marry in a manner that violates the laws, well that's ok. This judge is a hero. This judge is allowed to break the laws because people who side with him and his radical ways are in agreement.

I say.... get him out of the courts as he has abused his power in the system. Remove him immediately and hold him responsible for breaking the laws. He's made a circus out of California.

If he is not held accountable for what he's doing, then they darn well better put Judge Moore back in office.

Old Post 02-17-2004 03:19 PM

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #50  quote:

In fact, since everyone was so hard on the Alabama judge, and flooded the courts with their outrage, I'm going to do the same to the judge in San Francisco... I'm writing a letter right now to give my concerns for the outlaw judge in office. I'm going to remind them of what was done to Judge Moore when people thought he was breaking the laws, and ask for the same concequenses for that judge.

Old Post 02-17-2004 03:24 PM

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #51  quote:

Actually I think it's the mayor who is responsible for this right? No difference.. public office. All the same.

Old Post 02-17-2004 03:26 PM

chelktty
In the Now Guru

post #52  quote:

quote:
devildog said this in post #48 :
I just have a hard time believing that there are facts about this topic. It seems that almost every post is filled with opinion. How can there be facts on this issue? The only facts that I am aware of are these1) The judge broke the law by giving out these psuedo marrage licences.(2) Currently it is illegal for this union to take place(3) Polls indicate that Americans do not want this. Where am I wrong. And by the way, Gab, anyone can post that someone has lied or has posted inconsistant statements. It is quite another to back it up.

And I mentioned America over the slavery issue /civil war issue because ,it did happen in America after all.

Ok Devildog, here's a preview of the response you're looking for. I'll rouse up some more later this evening. Hope this satisfies your query:
Facts & Articles posted by myself & others:

mystic said this in post #2 :

The 14th Amendment provides that ALL people have the right to be protected under the law equally.

hatchjaw said this in post #5 :
[B]About the AIDS thing. It costs money, yes. It costs more than any other illness even though it isn't the number one killer. What does this have to do with gay people?
/B]

Chelktty : P.S. devildog, just to put things in perspective, here's an article about a tragedy here in Tampa.

http://tampabaycoalition.homestead....ashburnNews.htm

Outsider Provided this enlightening essay:
http://www.bidstrup.com/marriage.htm

Outsider :
?It is a legal issue and an ethical issue. When you are married you have the right to medical decisions for your spouse, medical benefits, retirement, social security, adoption, taxes, credit, property rights, immigration, and that is just off the top of my head.

Gays and Lesbians aren't even allowed to be considered a common law marriage after 10 years of cohabitating together. Yet heterosexuals are.?

Chelktty : When HAVEN'T gays been targeted? If you don't recall, before the civil rights movement in the 50's and 60's, blacks were beaten and wrongfully accused merely for the color of their skin. Today gays are bashed and beaten, denied benefits and other basic civil rights simply because they're gay.

Dekka : The fact is, gay or straight, you can only get AIDS if you have sex/share needles/etc.

Luke90 : CBS News has compiled a summary of Gay Law around the country.

Outsider : Research by US psychologists suggests that 80 percent of men who are homophobic have secret homosexual feelings. This finding lends scientific support to the long-standing speculation that those who shout the loudest against homosexuality have something to hide.

The research results were published in the prestigious Journal of Abnormal Psychology, with the backing of the American Psychological Association.

In tests conducted by Prof. Henry E Adams of the University of Georgia, homophobic men who said they were exclusively heterosexual were shown gay sex videos. Four out of five became sexually aroused by the homoerotic imagery, as recorded by a penile circumference measuring device - a plethysmograph.

Prof. Adams says his research shows that most homophobes "demonstrate significant sexual arousal to homosexual erotic stimuli", suggesting that homophobia is a form of "latent homosexuality where persons are either unaware of or deny their homosexual urges".

Some of YOUR comments on the subject:

?My point was this; I'm married?

?Americans can't vote at age 16, Einstein.?

?You say that gays are being beat up and denied this or that or harassed by the police etc. So what!?

?My one and only lifelong best friend is gay. My neighbor is gay and my brother in law is gay.?

?You'll find that gays make more money on average.?

?It has been awhile since I saw that statistic so I guess I don't have the proof on that.?

?I just looked at your profile and if that is correct(can't be sure because mine isn't) then let me inform you that I was serving our country in a Marine Corps Recon unit when you were still wiping snot from your nose. I have seen and done things you probably never will. I've gone places you can only dream of. So save it.?

?I didn't read any of the attached articles you posted but I did just read the bottom of your post. That is absolutely hilarious. Yeah, 8 out of 10 men really want to be gay?? (Not what the article said)

?Are there any factual retorts by you people???

quote:
Kookaburra said this in post #49 :
[B]devildog, remember when they thought the radical judge of Alabama should be thrown out of court? You see, he was doing something in favor of an issue they were against. Off with his head! How dare he break the laws! He's a judge and should be upholding the laws!

However, now we have a radical judge ALSO breaking the laws... but because it's concerning homosexuality and allowing people marry in a manner that violates the laws, well that's ok. This judge is a hero. This judge is allowed to break the laws because people who side with him and his radical ways are in agreement.

How are they breaking the law? Is there a law on the books specifically declaring that it is illegal for a same sex couple to marry? No. It simply states marriage is an institution between a man and a woman. Some of us argue that it is unconstitutional to reserve marriage for only heterosexual couples. You and devil see it differently, that's why it's a huge debate right now.

Old Post 02-17-2004 05:54 PM

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #53  quote:

To each their own crusade chelktty. I intend to fight this every opportunity I get, and I expect all of you will too. I'm in the process of writing letters to the FCC also. I want homosexual shows and commercials removed from local stations. If people want to watch it, let them subscribe to the channels. As for local stations, they should be monitored.

So, America wants God out of the public, it's time to fight back and start asking for offensive things to be removed.

I remained passive through the Judge Moore case, and I remained passive through the a lot of things. I fought back once the Super Bowl aired. I wrote letters to offensive advertisers, and two of them have sent me letters apologizing, and said they have removed the ads. They got other letters like mine.

I have just written to the mayor of San Francisco also... I've had it with being passive.

Old Post 02-17-2004 06:22 PM

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #54  quote:

And don't tell me this is not effecting me either and I should just be tolerant. How about the rest of you being tolerant to our views? Not going to happen, so we are just going to have to pick and choose what we will stand for... and go full fledge ahead.

Old Post 02-17-2004 06:24 PM

devildog
In the Now Guru

post #55  quote:

quote:
Kookaburra said this in post #49 :
devildog, remember when they thought the radical judge of Alabama should be thrown out of court? You see, he was doing something in favor of an issue they were against. Off with his head! How dare he break the laws! He's a judge and should be upholding the laws!

I say.... get him out of the courts as he has abused his power in the system. Remove him immediately and hold him responsible for breaking the laws. He's made a circus out of California.

If he is not held accountable for what he's doing, then they darn well better put Judge Moore back in office.

Hypocrisy at its finest Kooka, It will not stop until there is no semblance of Jewish or Christian traditions, or values. Actually ,I believe, it is a quest for absolutely NO moral code whatsoever. Therefore anything goes. No guilty conscience either .The liberal assault on the churches is another post entirely. The anti-religious radical left have ratcheted up their attacks upon the moral underpinnings of American society-the religious institutions and sacred symbols. At no time in American history has their hatred for people of faith been more vicious or more blatant. Boy could I get some panties in a bunch if I continued. Brother!! And to compound it.....I'm the furthest thing from a "thumper"(as you may already know).

No it doesn't satisfie my queries. Where's the lie(s)???????

Dekka : The fact is, gay or straight, you can only get AIDS if you have sex/share needles/etc.

Is this your "facts"?? Define "etc."

The 14th Amendment provides that ALL people have the right to be protected under the law equally

Do you feel like our Military isn't protecting this countries Gay people?? They'll make sure you are as safe as me, my friend. Thank you know who.

hatchjaw said this in post #5 :
[B]About the AIDS thing. It costs money, yes. It costs more than any other illness even though it isn't the number one killer. What does this have to do with gay people?
/B]

That was originaly my fact, but I supplied the numbers to back it up in my posting. Thanks for noticing

Anyway I have to go pick up my daughter. Reply to the rest later

Old Post 02-17-2004 06:38 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #56  quote:

So, you say that if we want shows, that we should have to subscribe and pay for them. Well, guess what... I'm going to push that ANY and every show that has even a mention of God should do the same. You find my lifestyle offensive... I find you offensive. I find you pointing the finger at me, and others offensive. You say that we're not tolerant of you. Why in the hell should we be, when you, and others, stand there, saying that were sick, blah blah blah... etc... How would YOU react, Kooka?

So, go ahead... fight for what you believe in. But, believe that we will also fight against you. We aren't going to lay down and let any chance of having equal rights just be taken away.

It's personal to me... just like it is to you. Thanks for giving me some great ideas. You aren't the only person that can make a difference...

Old Post 02-17-2004 06:39 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chelktty
In the Now Guru

post #57  quote:

Well Kooka it's nice to see you exercising your right as an American to complain to advertisers and government officials. I think it's great that you have such passion about this, in fact you've inspired me!
I'm going to write to the networks too and demand that 7th Heaven and Joan of Arcadia be removed from network prime time television, because the Christian monopoly of network tv irritates me. Why aren't there Muslim shows or Jewish shows or Buddist shows? I also think that Sunday night's televised prayer shows and masses should be moved to the cable network too, if you want to play that game.
I'll also write the elected officials in California, Massachusetts and Hawaii to commend and congradulate them on taking such a wonderful step towards a peaceful and tolerant society.
Thanks for inspiring me to be proactive and not passive about the issue.

P.S. As for being intolerant to your views, you're absolutely right. I'm completely intolerant of people who lack respect for their fellow man to the point of calling them freaks, abominations of God, sinful and denying them equal rights. I understand that your book tells you to be that way and you mustn't stray from that. But we will always disagree on this Kooka, because my heart and God tell me that this is the way I need to be.

Old Post 02-17-2004 06:40 PM

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #58  quote:

Like I said, each one take a stand and move forward...

Old Post 02-17-2004 07:26 PM

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #59  quote:

devil, you forgot another way AIDS is passed. Blood transfusions for the sick or injured. There are cases where blood is not screened and recipients are infected.

Old Post 02-17-2004 07:28 PM

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #60  quote:

quote:
KJ said this in post #56 :
[B]So, you say that if we want shows, that we should have to subscribe and pay for them. Well, guess what... I'm going to push that ANY and every show that has even a mention of God should do the same.

Careful there.. your true colors are showing. Want me to find your posts how you love God? Why would you push to have Him removed? Are you taking our differences out on God now that you would respond by pushing to have shows removed that even mention of His name is in them? You can't be both... that is... love God but want His named removed. Which is for you?

quote:
You find my lifestyle offensive... I find you offensive.

I'm sorry you feel this way, but you are entiled to find me offensive. I don't find you offensive. I disagree with the behavior, not you as a person.

quote:
I find you pointing the finger at me, and others offensive. You say that we're not tolerant of you. Why in the hell should we be, when you, and others, stand there, saying that were sick, blah blah blah... etc... How would YOU react, Kooka?

I wouldn't try to pass laws against the Bible... but then, that's just my view on life. I know the whole nation doesn't care about the Bible. They see nothing wrong with passing laws that violate God's ways. But I also know the Bible says this will happen, and those that do it will be blinded by the truth because they can't see or accept the truth. I see what the Bible means now, as it has happened on a large scale. The whole world is being forced to "choose ye this day whom you will serve" and that's exactly what is happening.

The world is dividing.... those for God, and those against Him. I never thought I would live to see the day when it would take place, but here is right before our very eyes. I'm also seeing passive Christians no longer passive. They're rising up and ALSO choosing this day whom they will serve.

The world is playing out what was prophesied. Facinating if you ask me.

quote:
So, go ahead... fight for what you believe in. But, believe that we will also fight against you. We aren't going to lay down and let any chance of having equal rights just be taken away.

It's personal to me... just like it is to you. Thanks for giving me some great ideas. You aren't the only person that can make a difference...

Very true as we all have a voice. I've chosen where I stand, now I'm standing firm.

Old Post 02-17-2004 07:36 PM
Time: 06:11 PM Post New Thread   
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 34 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > Ongoing Debate About Homosexuality
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: