Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Jokes & Other Humor > The true story...
Search this Thread:
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
P_E_A_C_E
Rookie

Local time: 04:17 AM

The true story... post #1  quote:

The true story...

Three Texan surgeons play golf and talk about the progress in surgery. One says, " I am the best surgeon in Texas. A concert pianist lost 7 fingers at an accident, I have sewn them on again and he has given a private concert with the queen of England 8 months later."

Another one says. "This is nothing. A young man lost both arms and both legs at an accident, I have sewn them on again and he has won a gold medal at the Olympic Games 2 years later."

The third surgeon thinks, " you are amateurs. Some years ago a man high of cocaine and alcohol was on a ride with his horse. He crashed frontally into a train with 80 miles. The only things that were left, were the ass of the horse and the hat of the cowboy.
Today it is the president of the United States."

Old Post 03-19-2003 09:29 AM
Click here to Send P_E_A_C_E a Private Message Find more posts by P_E_A_C_E Add P_E_A_C_E to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore P_E_A_C_E REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

englishman
Rookie

Thumbs down post #2  quote:

hmm posting insults about people isn't good. Someone who is probably on about PEACE all day wouldn't and shouldn't say such provocative things. You and I both know that that is not true about George Bush, if we lived in china or even Iraq, u would be arrested and tortured for saying such blashpemy. Just thank God that you don'y live in any of those countries!

Old Post 03-19-2003 11:08 AM
Click here to Send englishman a Private Message Find more posts by englishman Add englishman to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore englishman REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Dreamzwalker
Agent

Local time: 10:17 PM

post #3  quote:

hmm - that wasn't even funny. Englishman - your right on the money.

Old Post 03-19-2003 06:05 PM
Click here to Send Dreamzwalker a Private Message View Dreamzwalker's Journal Find more posts by Dreamzwalker Add Dreamzwalker to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Dreamzwalker REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

esskay
Rookie

Local time: 08:17 PM

post #4  quote:

perhaps funny to somone who totally hates bush.. but don't forget that 70% of your audience here supports him. Distasteful, and to top it off, poorly written - not a well-composed joke.

Old Post 03-19-2003 07:25 PM
Find more posts by esskay Add esskay to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore esskay REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

nowar
In the Now Guru

post #5  quote:

comment from pro-war ...and american ....

you can say what you want on everybody else ... but as soon as somebody talk about yours he is a bad guy ...

70% of the audience .... statistics made on ~5000 people, what a representative of U.S. people

It's statistics, you can make them tell what you want .... remember the last election in France ? maybe not, it's not something that you will see on Fox News, maybe the result you saw:

First part: 41% Chirac, 38% Jospin, 6% Le Pen
Result: 48% Chirac, 25% LePen ........ 17% Jospin

but of course you don't care ...... as usaual .....

Old Post 03-19-2003 08:27 PM
Click here to Send nowar a Private Message Visit nowar's homepage! Find more posts by nowar Add nowar to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore nowar REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Dreamzwalker
Agent

post #6  quote:

I would have thought it was funny if the punch line was good. I like Bush but i've laughed at jokes that bush haters like - i'll laugh at a good joke, frown at the bad one.

Old Post 03-19-2003 08:37 PM
Click here to Send Dreamzwalker a Private Message View Dreamzwalker's Journal Find more posts by Dreamzwalker Add Dreamzwalker to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Dreamzwalker REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

post #7  quote:

Jokes? Are we telling jokes?

Here's a look at the new urinal design that the US intends to share with the Iraqi market.

Attachment:
saddam_urinal.jpg (7.2314 kb, 70 views)

Old Post 03-19-2003 08:54 PM
Click here to Send Marc Flemming a Private Message View Marc Flemming's Journal Visit Marc Flemming's homepage! Find more posts by Marc Flemming Add Marc Flemming to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Dreamzwalker
Agent

post #8  quote:

I think his chin should extrude into a bowl shape to hold the liquid -
A double chin?

that's great marc

Old Post 03-19-2003 09:48 PM

Grimminick
Veteran

post #9  quote:

Englishman,
please explain to me why people who are protesting for peace aern't allowed to get angry. Why exactly shouldn't we say such provocative things. When an arsehole like Bush threatens my world, my children's world, and the world of innocent people everywhere we'll get as angry as we bloody well want to with or without your damn permission.

Old Post 03-25-2003 10:57 PM
Click here to Send Grimminick a Private Message Find more posts by Grimminick Add Grimminick to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Grimminick REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

bonny
Qualified Rookie

Local time: 02:17 PM

post #10  quote:

Even though I respect your point of view I can,t agree that George Bush is threatning the lives of our children....rather protecting their future way of life...the British american and Australian troops are putting their lives on the line so our children won,t have to go to war!!

Old Post 03-26-2003 05:25 AM
Click here to Send bonny a Private Message Find more posts by bonny Add bonny to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore bonny REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Grimminick
Veteran

post #11  quote:

George Bush's actions are already threatening the lives of Iraqi children as we speak. Being British the risk to my children's lives is more than it was before this war because we are now a legitimate target for organised terrorism. Bali saw the death of your country people too and Australia's inexplicable involvement in this war will increase the chances of attack on your homeland also. Okay, this is all conjecture but I find it impossible to believe that Bush will be able to eradicate terrorism and eradication is precisely what is required other wise it will rear up again, more forceful than before and with a massive axe to grind. Even the American administration and our British administration and suggested that there could be repercussions. Australians, American and British people are innately good people and our troops are the bravest people in the world at the moment. Our leaders are among the most cowardly. War does not secure protection, especially in this case when there was no immediate or ever likely threat from Iraq. What this war will do is to increase distrust and hatred among the arab and muslim states, and the worst possible scenario is a split of power between the West and pretty much the rest of the world. Welcome to world war 3. What remains to be seen is just how mad Bush is. Does he take on yet another nation state? Will he take on North Korea? Will he take this war right to the gates of China? Christ only knows just what this man is capable of.

Old Post 03-26-2003 10:39 AM
Click here to Send Grimminick a Private Message Find more posts by Grimminick Add Grimminick to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Grimminick REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

VisionClear
Rookie

Local time: 09:17 PM

Red face Appeasment is foolish post #12  quote:

Being British, one would think that you would have learned from your own Neville Chamberlin's lesson on Appeasment, like you espouse now....

Being cowardly (as you seem to be) is not the way to defeat evil....In fact, one of your own said: "The only thing needed for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing...."

What say ye?

Old Post 04-07-2003 09:02 PM
Click here to Send VisionClear a Private Message Find more posts by VisionClear Add VisionClear to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore VisionClear REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Grimminick
Veteran

post #13  quote:

Neville Chamberlain read the script wrongly its true but to try and compare this war with world war II is ludicrous. In case it has escaped you WE are the agressors this time like the Nazis were the aggressors then. And our action in Iraq will only serve to antagonise global aggression.
Why you idiots relate wanting peace with cowardliness is beyond me. The only cowardliness in this whole sorry affair is the way America forced disarmament on Iraq THEN attacked it. It's like going into a dual, forcing yopur opponent to lay down his pistol then shooting him in the head. Noy to mention the fact that America has the most sophisticated military hardware in the world and is fighting against a country whose own machinery is ten years old and which hasn't been able to be replaced or have spare parts due to sanctions which does not come under control over WMD. Or America having cruise missiles that can be launched hundreds of miles from their targets without fera of return fire, or radar jamming planes or aircraft that can drop its payload so high up that anti-aircraft fire couldn't possibly reach them. This has been an ashamedly one sided war which we started for fabricated reasons. How brave you are America!!

Old Post 04-08-2003 09:52 AM

englishman
Rookie

post #14  quote:

I see what you are saying Grimmenick, this war will make the Arabs and terrorisits hate the west even more. But, cleaning Iraq of Sad**** will give the terrorists/freedom fighters one less country to be able to hide in. The arabs hated us b4 we entered Iraq to save the Iraqis anyway, so i presume that even if we hadn't saved the people of Iraq, the terrorists would still hate the west.

Old Post 04-08-2003 09:55 AM
Click here to Send englishman a Private Message Find more posts by englishman Add englishman to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore englishman REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

VisionClear
Rookie

Local time: 09:17 PM

Thumbs down So true to form.... post #15  quote:

So true to form are the haters of rational thinking.... You start by saying "to try and compare this war with world war II is ludicrous. In case it has escaped you WE are the agressors this time like the Nazis were the aggressors then."

Seems you may need to find only one side of your mouth to speak from....Either this IS like WWII or its not....Either Saddam is like Hitler, or both Hitler and Saddam were "just misunderstood."

No, WE are not THE aggressors...we are fighting FOR freedom and peace. The aggression was began by Saddam Himself. Releasing a tyrant from his capablility for evil is not agreession, but justice.

I still do not understand why people who think like you want Saddam to continue to torture, rape, and kill 1000s of innocent people.....wait, yes I do...it's called being a coward!

You wring your hands in fret shaking in fear that some boogey man with a towel on his head is going to hurt you....all the while, those who truly desire peace are doing something to procure it....

How sad is the anti-truth crowd...how sad and how cowardly.

GLADLY I live in a country that allows disscent....I do not fauly the "anti-war" protestors...the problem is that they are not truly "anti-war" but anti conservatism, anti-government, and anti-Bush/Blair.

To date, I have NOT seen any "protestor" hold a sign saying, "Down with Saddam." The vast majority of the signs and speeches carry the message: "Bush is satan....No blood for oil....America is the true terrorist...."

All clear thinking people know that this war has nothing to do with oil, and America has never engaged in any form of terrorism....

But, when faced with the absence of facts, why not just make things up?

Last edited by VisionClear on 04-08-2003 at 07:07 PM |
Old Post 04-08-2003 02:09 PM
Click here to Send VisionClear a Private Message Find more posts by VisionClear Add VisionClear to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore VisionClear REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Somebody Cares
Enthusiast

post #16  quote:

And let us not forget how those "terrorists" flew their planes into the WTC. Nah, we weren't attacked, it was just some people making a mistake during their flying lessons........nobody has been aggressive with us, nah, nobody...

Old Post 04-10-2003 03:26 AM
Click here to Send Somebody Cares a Private Message Find more posts by Somebody Cares Add Somebody Cares to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Somebody Cares REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Somebody Cares
Enthusiast

post #17  quote:

Hey Marc, gotta love that urinal, maybe the mouth should protrude down like it is open...LOL!

Old Post 04-10-2003 03:31 AM
Click here to Send Somebody Cares a Private Message Find more posts by Somebody Cares Add Somebody Cares to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Somebody Cares REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Grimminick
Veteran

post #18  quote:

Explain the relationship between 9/11 and Iraq, Sean.

Old Post 04-10-2003 03:44 AM

Somebody Cares
Enthusiast

post #19  quote:

The "englishman" stated it perfectly:
"But, cleaning Iraq of Sad**** will give the terrorists/freedom fighters one less country to be able to hide in. The arabs hated us b4 we entered Iraq to save the Iraqis anyway, so i presume that even if we hadn't saved the people of Iraq, the terrorists would still hate the west."

9/11 has nothing to do with the war going on right now, but who knows, something may come out in years to come...it is what is called "East meet West"

and BTW, if you are addressing me as "Sean", that isn't my name...thank you.

Old Post 04-10-2003 04:02 AM

Grimminick
Veteran

post #20  quote:

Apologies Somebody Cares - I got it into my head that Sean Kelly made the link between 9/11 and the war. My mistake.
But it is important that no reference is made linking these two events like some people are doing. We attacked Iraq supposedly because of 9/11 (remember the desperate al-Qaeda links the US government try to peddle) and that is a fallacy which then leaves us wondering why exactly we did attack. The liberation argument was only used just barely a few weeks before war broke out, like it was something the pro-war governments had just thought of. For the months and months of deliberation prior to that it was all about terrorism (specifically al-Qaeda) then WMDs. I still wonder what the sincere reason for this war was. I certainly dont believe it had anything to do with liberation at its conception.

Old Post 04-10-2003 12:10 PM

babyk089
Crackerjack

post #21  quote:

Grimminick you are f*cking full of $hit and if you were smarter youd realize if Bush didnt take action against those Iraqi b*stards they would have attacked america again. It was a matter of choice. get blown up or blow em up

<racial slurs deleted>

Old Post 04-22-2003 08:35 PM
Click here to Send babyk089 a Private Message Find more posts by babyk089 Add babyk089 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore babyk089 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Grimminick
Veteran

post #22  quote:

No baby you got it all wrong. The iraqis were the nice guys, not bastards, remember. It was just the regime that wsa oh so BAD. All these different stories your dumbass president is telling you has got you all fuddled. Keep to the script- this is liberation apparently and all those iraqi people are now best buddies to you lot and will forever be grateful....hahaha.
What do you mean iraqis will attack you again..they haven't attcked you once you ignorant racist pig

Old Post 04-22-2003 11:33 PM

babyk089
Crackerjack

post #23  quote:

F*ck you its so sad that you could be so ignorant , i happen to trust the person leading my country ... is that a big problem for you? yeah im racist GET OVER IT

Old Post 04-23-2003 02:24 AM
Click here to Send babyk089 a Private Message Find more posts by babyk089 Add babyk089 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore babyk089 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

esskay
Rookie

post #24  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by babyk089
yeah im racist GET OVER IT

If anyone should get over being a racist.. it's you. Please mellow out.. do you have to be so dramatic?

Old Post 04-23-2003 03:03 AM
Find more posts by esskay Add esskay to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore esskay REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

bitwiz44
Banned

post #25  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Kelly

If anyone should get over being a racist.. it's you. Please mellow out.. do you have to be so dramatic?

Sean..I hate to bring this up...But wasnt rambo spanked for this kind of behavor...

Old Post 04-23-2003 03:35 AM
Click here to Send bitwiz44 a Private Message Find more posts by bitwiz44 Add bitwiz44 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore bitwiz44 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
Marc Flemming
Renovator

post #26  quote:

Babyk089 is well on his way to testing our newly improved forum policy that addresses this sort of behavior, indeed.

Time will tell.

Old Post 04-24-2003 08:21 PM
Click here to Send Marc Flemming a Private Message View Marc Flemming's Journal Visit Marc Flemming's homepage! Find more posts by Marc Flemming Add Marc Flemming to your buddy list Reply w/Quote

grets
Mastermind

post #27  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Grimminick
Englishman,
please explain to me why people who are protesting for peace aern't allowed to get angry. Why exactly shouldn't we say such provocative things. When an arsehole like Bush threatens my world, my children's world, and the world of innocent people everywhere we'll get as angry as we bloody well want to with or without your **** permission.
take it to iraq!

Old Post 04-29-2003 12:56 AM
Click here to Send grets a Private Message Find more posts by grets Add grets to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore grets REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

babyk089
Crackerjack

post #28  quote:

hmmmm....ur right! half the people against the war just need a reason to be hippies again...they dont even know who the hell is involved in the god d*mn war

Old Post 05-03-2003 06:38 AM

babyk089
Crackerjack

post #29  quote:

hey marc...its BABYK089 is ON HER way thank you very much

Old Post 05-03-2003 06:40 AM
Time: 04:17 AM Post New Thread   
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Jokes & Other Humor > The true story...
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: