Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Lounge Lizards > Greatest Fears!!
Search this Thread:
Pages (13):  [1] 23 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

Local time: 02:58 AM

Greatest Fears!! post #1  quote:

If this thread has been done...it's buried and forgotten! But, I noticed that a lot of people have mentioned their fears in random threads so here is a chance to talk about what your fears are and why!!!

Old Post 01-23-2004 05:05 PM
Click here to Send TearUUp a Private Message Find more posts by TearUUp Add TearUUp to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore TearUUp REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #2  quote:

I'll start by saying that my biggest and only fear really is SPIDERS!!! I had an experience once as a child in which me and some friends were in an old house exploring and I fell through the floor and landed on my back and when I sat up, I noticed that there were spiders ALL over me!!! I literally flew out of that house and I have never recovered since! I have to have someone else, (usually my wife or daughters) kill the little bastiches when I see one! Which is kind of embarrassing for a man of my sixe to be afraid of such a little thing! I will not take a shower, go to the bathroom, or to bed, take off my shoes, get dressed, move furniture, etc. unless I check really REALLY well for the creepy little things first!

Old Post 01-23-2004 05:10 PM
Click here to Send TearUUp a Private Message Find more posts by TearUUp Add TearUUp to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore TearUUp REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chelktty
In the Now Guru

Local time: 04:58 AM

post #3  quote:

My greatest fear is being burned to death. Or just really bad. Or face the kind of horror that the people did on 9/11 - the ones on the planes and the people trapped in the floors above where the planes hit the WTC.

Old Post 01-23-2004 05:12 PM
Click here to Send chelktty a Private Message Find more posts by chelktty Add chelktty to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chelktty REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #4  quote:

Why? I mean, besides the obvious????

Old Post 01-23-2004 05:51 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

Local time: 03:58 AM

post #5  quote:

Spiders for me too. When I moved to Tulsa, a Tarantula crawled in the house after a heavy rain storm.

I tell you with 100% truth, I almost packed it up and went back to Florida.

Old Post 01-23-2004 06:09 PM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #6  quote:

Chelktty, the fear of fires is called: Arsonphobia or Pyrophobia.

And I actually do have a second fear as some here well know:

Clowns-: aka... Coulrophobia. I can't stand em' and I WILL NOT go around them!

Old Post 01-23-2004 06:10 PM

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #7  quote:

I hear ya Whidden...I have seen some big a$s spiders when I lived down south! More than enough to make me wish I lived in the damn ARTIC where the
little bastiches would NOT SURVIVE!!!

Old Post 01-23-2004 06:11 PM

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #8  quote:

Hey, that reminds me, I ran into a clown yesterday! I'll go resurrect the clown thread.

Old Post 01-23-2004 06:14 PM
Click here to Send Whidden a Private Message View Whidden's Journal Find more posts by Whidden Add Whidden to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Whidden Whidden's MSN ID is whidden1@cox.net Click Here to Ignore Whidden REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #9  quote:

Aha!!! Hey, I started that thread and forgot about it!!! I'll be over there in a minute!!! YOU ACTUALLY WENT NEXT TO A CLOWN!!!

Old Post 01-23-2004 06:17 PM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

Local time: 01:58 AM

post #10  quote:

Snakes! I am phobic about snakes. I can't even stand to go to the snake house in the zoo. I get really anxious. I grew up in Crest and we had rattlesnakes come up in the yard every summer. I am sure that is where it came from. I also had a jerk at my church when I was a teen, push a snake towards me knowing that I was afraid of them. Luckily someone helped me because I was ready to deck that guy.

Old Post 01-23-2004 06:37 PM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #11  quote:

Fuscia, that is called: Ophidiophobia...I don't exactly like snakes...I mean, I won't touch one...UNLESS I have to!!! I have killed many though! Living down south we had all kinds of poisonous ones!

Old Post 01-23-2004 06:42 PM

chelktty
In the Now Guru

post #12  quote:

Oh man I didn't know you meant day to day fears too! Yes spiders are definitely on the TOP of my list!!! Snakes don't bother me too much...
As for clowns, I think after watching Tim Curry portray Pennywise the clown in Stephen King's IT, I've had an anxiety about them.

Old Post 01-23-2004 06:52 PM
Click here to Send chelktty a Private Message Find more posts by chelktty Add chelktty to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chelktty REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Whidden
KANSAS LAW DOG

post #13  quote:

oops, wrong thread, trying to juggle 17 threads at once.....

Old Post 01-23-2004 06:59 PM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #14  quote:

I hate big spiders! I also dislike lizards and any type of worm. Yes, I am a total girly girl.

Old Post 01-23-2004 07:02 PM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #15  quote:

SPIDERS! I can't stand 'em... even if they are the tiniest little things.
I will run from a room, and make Heidi kill 'em... and she's scared of them too.
Just not like I am... there's nothing worse than a spider.

Old Post 01-23-2004 07:04 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #16  quote:

I hear ya KJ!!! My friends think it's hilarious when I see a spider! I have looked down the barrel of a gun, been stabbed a couple of times and jumped into the middle of brawls where I was hopefully outnumbered without flinching...but a damn spider'll send me runnin'!!!

Old Post 01-23-2004 07:07 PM

hatchjaw
Veteran

Local time: 11:58 AM

post #17  quote:

Spiders are creepy alright, but what really creeps me out is albino frogs. Have you seen them? Really terrible. ALBINO FROGS!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHH!!!!! GET THEM AWAY FROM ME!!!

Old Post 01-23-2004 07:08 PM
Click here to Send hatchjaw a Private Message Find more posts by hatchjaw Add hatchjaw to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore hatchjaw REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #18  quote:

Are you serious???? ALBINO FROGS!!!???

Old Post 01-23-2004 07:10 PM

hatchjaw
Veteran

post #19  quote:

You haven't seen them? Count yourself lucky. They make my skin crawl. Pure horror.

Old Post 01-23-2004 07:12 PM
Click here to Send hatchjaw a Private Message Find more posts by hatchjaw Add hatchjaw to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore hatchjaw REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #20  quote:

This will sound stupid, but IVs. They are so hard to start on me. I end up having a panic attack when they do it. The only time it was easy to start one was when I was pregnant. Now, I just have an anesthesiologist do it. Even he has a hard time.

Old Post 01-23-2004 07:14 PM

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #21  quote:

Albino frogs!!! They are pretty creepy looking! I just did a search on em'! Run into those things commonly do ya'll?

Old Post 01-23-2004 07:15 PM

hatchjaw
Veteran

post #22  quote:

Seen them on TV once. Was almost more than I could handle. They were in a cave or something, with creepy lighting and they were MOVING!! AAAGHH! THE HORROR!!!

Old Post 01-23-2004 07:18 PM

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #23  quote:

Yeah, most albino animals live where there is VERY little light! Albino bats are pretty freaky looking too!!! I don't really like bats all that much!

The fear of frogs is called: Batrachophobia.

Old Post 01-23-2004 07:24 PM

hatchjaw
Veteran

post #24  quote:

Albino BATS!!!??? And some people wonder why I don't believe in God.

Old Post 01-23-2004 07:29 PM

Gold Member
peregr!n
Mutsumi Otohime

Local time: 09:58 AM

post #25  quote:

Mine is the most common one....SPIDERS. I think its because when i was 4, a boy put one on my head and i couuldnt get it off, then it crawled down my tshirt.
I always look in the top corners of rooms before i go in them...thats where they like to lurk...

Old Post 01-23-2004 07:54 PM
Click here to Send peregr!n a Private Message Find more posts by peregr!n Add peregr!n to your buddy list Send an AIM message to peregr!n peregr!n's MSN ID is warrior_hobbit Click Here to Ignore peregr!n REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #26  quote:

That's what I do!!! I look everywhere and because of that I am an OCD neat freak who bug bombs his house once a month...sometimes twice! I don't allow plants in the house because they attract bugs....

Old Post 01-23-2004 08:17 PM

Gold Member
peregr!n
Mutsumi Otohime

post #27  quote:

i have no plants...and dont let my mum buy plants...but im not a neat freak. My mum is a neat freak, I come home and find my bedroom spotless.
I know where everything is when my room is untidy!

Old Post 01-23-2004 08:45 PM
Click here to Send peregr!n a Private Message Find more posts by peregr!n Add peregr!n to your buddy list Send an AIM message to peregr!n peregr!n's MSN ID is warrior_hobbit Click Here to Ignore peregr!n REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Larke2000
INReview Maven

post #28  quote:

i will freak if i see a spider. i hate the little buggers.

with something like a lion, i know exactly where i stand. i'm food. with a spider, i don't know what it's little plans are. i don't know if it's poisonous. i don't know if it's just plottin' on me to see when i fall asleep so it can make a nest inside my mouth and lay 10,000 eggs so that when i wake up i will break the egg sack and have 10,000 baby spiders running around inside my mouth.

i will only kill a spider if it's on the ground and i can drop a phone book on it. on the wall or on the ceiling they could fall. if they fall and you lose them, the first thing i think of is that they are ON me somewhere and that's just not cool.

and don't ever let me walk through a spider web. i do that "run around screaming like an idiot slapping myself about the head and face" routine. not pretty.

i really hate spiders. and i don't even want to think about spiders big enough to have hair. HAIR! what's up with that? if you're not a mammal you shouldn't have hair! it's unnatural. and just not right.

Old Post 01-23-2004 08:58 PM
Click here to Send Larke2000 a Private Message Find more posts by Larke2000 Add Larke2000 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Larke2000 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

TearUUp
Definitively Illumined

post #29  quote:

I AGREE WITH LARKE!!! HAIR??? THAT"S NOT RIGHT!!!! And I freakin' hate spider webs!!! Any creature that spins webs around it's victims then sucks them DRY IS NOT A GOOD THING!!!!

Old Post 01-23-2004 09:01 PM

Gold Member
peregr!n
Mutsumi Otohime

post #30  quote:

The only time i kill a spider that is on the wall, is if i can throw a book at it! But if it falls on the floor, you wont see me for dust!

Old Post 01-23-2004 09:10 PM
Time: 09:58 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (13):  [1] 23 » Last »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > General Discussion > Lounge Lizards > Greatest Fears!!
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: