Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > PETA?s New Comic for Kids - a Real-Life Horror Story!
Search this Thread:
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
chelktty
In the Now Guru

Local time: 07:18 PM

PETA?s New Comic for Kids - a Real-Life Horror Story! post #1  quote:

http://www.furisdead.com/momfur.html

PETA activists - including cuddly, costumed raccoons and foxes - are making guest appearances outside performances of The Nutcracker across the country this holiday season with a cheeky message of compassion. As children arrive to see the "Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy," some will be unaware that their mothers are already starring in a real-life horror story! PETA will be there to greet any fur-clad moms and their children with their newest anti-fur leaflet-PETA Comics presents..."Your Mommy Kills Animals!"

Kids will see the bloody truth behind their moms? pretentious pelts. Accompanied by graphic photographs of skinned carcasses and animals languishing on fur farms, children will read: "Lots of wonderful foxes, raccoons, and other animals are kept by mean farmers who squish them into cages so small that they can hardly move. They never get to play or swim or have fun. All they can do is cry-just so your greedy mommy can have that fur coat to show off in when she walks the streets."

Ok, I personally am not into wearing fur, I'm not nor will I ever be a hunter, I consider myself an animal lover and conservationist. (I donate to the zoo and humane society). But I think PETA steps over the line WAY TOO MUCH! I understand that they're passionate about their cause, but come on, forcing their comic books onto little kids, telling them that MOMMY KILLS ANIMALS!?!?
These people need to be shot, skinned and worn as winter coats.

Old Post 12-18-2003 02:12 PM
Click here to Send chelktty a Private Message Find more posts by chelktty Add chelktty to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chelktty REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

Local time: 04:18 PM

post #2  quote:

Just another group of people forcing their beliefs onto others. I wonder if they don't wear cotton...

-HECK!

Old Post 12-18-2003 04:52 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #3  quote:

Heck You're so right... just another group of people that want to force their BELIEFS on others. While I agree with a lot of things that they believe, I would never do what they do. I feel sorry for little animals such as squirrels and racoons, being in cages, etc... that's not right. I don't own fur... I don't wear fur. But, I do have a couple leather coats.

Anyway... that's really wrong what they did outside that musical, in my opinion!

Old Post 12-18-2003 05:30 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #4  quote:

They are so annoying. I don't wear fur, never will. I do wear leather. That will never change. I just don't see how they believe what they are doing is constructive.

Old Post 12-18-2003 06:04 PM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chelktty
In the Now Guru

post #5  quote:

I don't see how traumatizing little kids will drawing sympathy for their cause. It seems to me that 90% of the time they piss people off rather than help animals.

Old Post 12-18-2003 07:04 PM
Click here to Send chelktty a Private Message Find more posts by chelktty Add chelktty to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chelktty REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

jrkiv
Veteran

Local time: 12:18 AM

post #6  quote:

That's a great point Chelk, what good are they doing the animals if they offend everybody who might otherwise support their effort? I love animals and hate to see them mistreated, but I am so turned off to PETA because of their tactics that i'll never make a donation to help further their cause, at least not to them. Last year their slogan was, "Holocaust on your plate," comparing the cattle industry to the Holocaust. As if it was even in the same ball park as human genocide.
People at PETA need to ask themselves, are we really helping our cause or hurting it?

Old Post 12-18-2003 07:24 PM
Click here to Send jrkiv a Private Message Find more posts by jrkiv Add jrkiv to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore jrkiv REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #7  quote:

I think that they are hurting their cause. I'm with you, jrkiv... I won't ever donate to their group!
There are many groups out there, that help animals, that come across showing compassion...

Old Post 12-18-2003 07:31 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chelktty
In the Now Guru

post #8  quote:

I sent the following email to PETA courtesy of their contact information on their site. I doubt I'll receive a response, but if I do, I'll post it:

To: teria@peta.org
While I agree with your organization's stance on the turmoil of animals raised for their pelts, I find it absolutely disgusting that you would force comic books into the hands of children entitled "Your mommy kills animals!".
While I disagree with a person's decision to wear fur, I absolutely cannot condone traumatizing children in the name of a cause...no matter how worthy it might be. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.
Perhaps you should consider educating the youth by hosting assemblies in local schools and teaching the depravity of animal life on fur farms. Children are impressionable and would be subject to avoid fur products and other animal products if the subject were approached in a less intrusive, less hateful, more educational way.
I wonder if your organization understands how despised it is, not just by fur lovers, but by other conservationists as well. Your methods and "in your face" techniques seem to bring no more sympathy to the plight of these poor animals, while gaining notoriety only for your organization's desire to shock and sicken people. I understand that you are shocked and sickened by the treatment of these animals, as are many of us. But your approach is entirely wrong. Good luck with your quest. I for one will never again donate to your cause and instead donate to other organizations that ease the suffering of animals everywhere.

Old Post 12-18-2003 08:20 PM

jrkiv
Veteran

Local time: 12:18 AM

post #9  quote:

That was a very well-written letter chelk, i hope someone listens to you.

Old Post 12-18-2003 08:25 PM
Click here to Send jrkiv a Private Message Find more posts by jrkiv Add jrkiv to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore jrkiv REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #10  quote:

I do too... I hope that you will get a reply. But, I know that they have had thousands of letters like this, and it's not ever going to change their stance. They don't think that they are wrong. They believe that by pushing the extreme in your face, that you will listen. Just like people who picket against abortion, and have those horrible pictures.

Old Post 12-18-2003 08:55 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #11  quote:

I don't have a real problem with PETA, they do some good. But organizations like them and Green Peace get a little militant and downright criminal with their actions. They're like children sometimes, 'I'm right, you're wrong, the end.'

F-that and F-them.

-HECK!

Old Post 12-18-2003 09:38 PM
Click here to Send HECK! a Private Message View HECK!'s Journal Find more posts by HECK! Add HECK! to your buddy list Send an AIM message to HECK! Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #12  quote:

Well, if my kid got one of those books, I would sue the hell out of their organization. You just do not mess with kids.

Old Post 12-18-2003 10:01 PM
View fuscia's Journal Find more posts by fuscia Add fuscia to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore fuscia REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #13  quote:

Especailly with my neice and nephew!!! The "Fur would be flying" that's for sure!

Old Post 12-18-2003 10:04 PM

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #14  quote:

Imagine that you get the ACLU to sue PETA. What a fight that would be.

Old Post 12-18-2003 10:10 PM

chelktty
In the Now Guru

post #15  quote:

Wow guys, check this out, got it from the following sites:
http://www.consumerfreedom.com/ad_campaign.cfm

http://www.animalscam.com/peta_7things.cfm

7 Things You Didn't Know About PETA

1 PETA has stated repeatedly that their goal is "total animal liberation." This means no pets, no meat, no milk, no zoos, no circuses, no fishing, no leather, and no animal testing for lifesaving medicines.
" Even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we'd be against it." - Ingrid Newkirk, President and cofounder of PETA.

2. PETA has given tens of thousands of dollars to convicted arsonists and other violent criminals.
(People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals repeatedly attacks doctors and scientists working to find cures for disease. PETA is engaged in a campaign to cripple the organizations below because they use animals in their important research. And PETA has actually given tens of thousands of dollars to violent criminals convicted of destroying medical research and firebombing laboratories in the name of animal liberation.)

3. PETA funds the misnamed Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, an animal-rights organization that presents itself as an unbiased source for nutritional information and has links to a violent animal-rights group called SHAC.

4.PETA has used their contributors? tax-exempt donations to fund the North American Earth Liberation front, an FBI-certified ?domestic terrorist? group responsible for fire bombs and death threats.

5. PETA regularly targets kids as early as elementary school with anti-meat and anti-milk propaganda.

6. PETA spends less than one percent of its $13 million budget actually caring for animals.

7. PETA has repeatedly attacked groups like the March of Dimes, the Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and the American Cancer Society, for conducting animal testing to find cures for birth defects and life-threatening diseases.

Wow, I never knew this stuff about them. I must be living under a rock or something.

Old Post 12-19-2003 03:04 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #16  quote:

I didn't know that stuff either, 'chel... and you can bet that I will never give them one penny that I have.

Old Post 12-19-2003 03:58 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #17  quote:

quote:
chelktty said this in post #15 :
Wow guys, check this out, got it from the following sites:
http://www.consumerfreedom.com/ad_campaign.cfm

http://www.animalscam.com/peta_7things.cfm

7 Things You Didn't Know About PETA

1 PETA has stated repeatedly that their goal is "total animal liberation." This means no pets, no meat, no milk, no zoos, no circuses, no fishing, no leather, and no animal testing for lifesaving medicines.

All of these points piss me off, but I decided to take this one on:

First, no pets? People have domesticated so many breeds of dogs and cats it would be impossible to simply release them into the wild. There would be 100x the road kill daily.

No meat? Ok, I see the vegan (sp?) point of view and get a fell for where they are coming from, altough I am a total meat lover. There are some wicked things that go on as far as breeding cows, chickens, etc. It's bad, but not going to stop me from going to Outback or KFC.

No milk? If we're not going to eat these cows and not milk them, what in the hell are they going to do? They'll go extinct! Milk is good for you. You've already taken our meat, what are we going to do, drink water all of our lives?

No zoos? I am 50/50 on this. I like to look at the animals, but some have a crap deal behind those cages. The wild is the place for wild animals, IMHO. However, captivity is the place for some endagnered species and injured/sick animals.

No circus? I am pretty much for this. Circus animals get treated pretty bad, for the most part. Plus clowns freak me out.

No fishing? Come on. So we have no meat, no milk, and now no fish. Are we just eating granola, hippies? If these people would bother to studying ecology, there are some fish in some ecosystems that must be hunted in order to save other, rarer marine life. Those bastard whales eat millions of shrimp a day, I can't have a handful? Just because whales live in the water they have a monoploy on the shrimp?

No leather? Come on, it smells so nice though Seriously, let me say our ancestors survived thousands of years of cold nights thanks to animal hyde. Luckily these PETA people have the luxury of turning up their thermostat on chilly nights.

No animal testing for lifesaving medicines? I will not even harp on the hypothetical situation of having these die-hard PETA people presented with a sick relative and seeing how long their convictions stand up. I would rather ask these PETA fanatics if they ever take antibiotics or any other medicine every invented. Because guess what, it's been tested on animals.

To sum up, I don't think the PETA-ites realize that all things mentioned above allowed humanity to evolve. PETA exists because of it, not in spite of it. Only now they are able to try and right these so-called injusticies. Did anyone in the Great Depression really think twice about eating what meat or fish they could get ahold of? What about third-world countries.

And what about all the legitimate and humane farmers and fisherman that would be displaced? Their families would starve and their lives ruined. All of this so Salmon could swin free and Cow's could walk around with full utters.

Finally, it's called the food chain you holier-than-thous hypocrites. If we became a bunch of water drinking, leaf eating lightweights we would lose our place as dominant species. I tell you, the dolphins are just waiting for their chance .

I could go on for hours, but screw these people.

Out.

-HECK!

Old Post 12-19-2003 07:24 PM

Gold Member
mystic
Evil Queen

Local time: 06:18 PM

post #18  quote:

HECK.....

you are absolutely hilarious!!!!!!!

This is my absolute favorite:

No fishing? Come on. So we have no meat, no milk, and now no fish. Are we just eating granola, hippies? If these people would bother to studying ecology, there are some fish in some ecosystems that must be hunted in order to save other, rarer marine life. Those bastard whales eat millions of shrimp a day, I can't have a handful? Just because whales live in the water they have a monoploy on the shrimp?

Good points BTW!!!!

Old Post 12-19-2003 07:43 PM
Click here to Send mystic a Private Message Find more posts by mystic Add mystic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore mystic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

fuscia is Away
Diamond Member
fuscia
no title

post #19  quote:

I believe that PETA is a trendy thing to join for most of the celebrity endorsers.

Old Post 12-19-2003 07:53 PM

oldbutafan
The Advocate

Local time: 06:18 PM

Misnomer post #20  quote:

Where is their ethical/moral treatment of children ?

I suggest that if they approach you or your kids -- you contact your State's Attorney's office at once.

Apparently PETA's so-called "ethics" don't extend to ethical and moral marketing practices.

I don't wear fur, don't hunt and avoid buying anything for anyone -- like creams and things -- that are cruelly tested on animals, but these people are WAY over the line.

As for animal testing in medical research ... I do wish they would take it a step further and begin human trials with ( volunteer ) incarcerated criminals.

Old Post 12-19-2003 09:12 PM
Click here to Send oldbutafan a Private Message Find more posts by oldbutafan Add oldbutafan to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore oldbutafan REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chelktty
In the Now Guru

Re: Misnomer post #21  quote:

LMAO Heck! Well said!

quote:
oldbutafan said this in post #20 :
Where is their ethical/moral treatment of children ?

I suggest that if they approach you or your kids -- you contact your State's Attorney's office at once.

Apparently PETA's so-called "ethics" don't extend to ethical and moral marketing practices.

I don't wear fur, don't hunt and avoid buying anything for anyone -- like creams and things -- that are cruelly tested on animals, but these people are WAY over the line.

As for animal testing in medical research ... I do wish they would take it a step further and begin human trials with ( volunteer ) incarcerated criminals.

Right on! I'd contact the state attorney's office too! As for human volunteers, I think you have a great idea. I think maybe PETA members ought to volunteer too....you know, to spare the precious animals.

Old Post 12-19-2003 09:56 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #22  quote:

Oh yeah... let's start medical testing on criminals. Those nasty, hard core ones!!!
That's a great punishment in the name of humanity!! Why not let them die doing something for humanity, since what they did to end up in prison was something very against humanity!!!!!!

Old Post 12-19-2003 10:38 PM

Staff
HECK!
Bluto

post #23  quote:

It's interesting how they value animal life over human life. If the animals took over I doubt they would be so nice to humans. Anyone ever see Planet Of The Apes?

-HECK!

Old Post 12-22-2003 07:16 PM
Time: 12:18 AM Post New Thread   
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > PETA?s New Comic for Kids - a Real-Life Horror Story!
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: