Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > Draft!!!!!!
Search this Thread:
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
BriansFantasy
Qualified Rookie

Local time: 03:16 PM

Exclamation Draft!!!!!! post #1  quote:

OMG I HAD A GUEST SPEAKER IN MY VIETNAM CLASS AND HE SAID THAT THEY ARE THINKIN ABOUT BRINGING BACK THE DRAFT AND NOW THEY ARE NOT ONLY DRAFTING MEN THEY ARE DRAFTING WOMEN ARE THEY NUTZ WE ARE THE ONES MAKIN KIDS WHAT THEY WANT TO KILL THE BABY MAKERS!!! DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON THIS CUZ IM NOT GONNA STAND FOR IT IMMA FIGHT BACK!!!! IF U HAVE ANY INFO OR THOUGHTS??? PLEASE WRITE ME BACK! THANX

Old Post 11-12-2003 07:31 PM
Click here to Send BriansFantasy a Private Message Find more posts by BriansFantasy Add BriansFantasy to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore BriansFantasy REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

slenderspender
Banned

Local time: 04:16 AM

post #2  quote:

Hmm. Well, I, myself, wouldn't go to any war, they can lock me up!! I ain't killin nobody and nobody's killing me!!

Old Post 11-12-2003 07:34 PM
Click here to Send slenderspender a Private Message Find more posts by slenderspender Add slenderspender to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore slenderspender REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Barbed wire
Veteran

Local time: 01:16 PM

Re: Draft!!!!!! post #3  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by BriansFantasy
OMG I HAD A GUEST SPEAKER IN MY VIETNAM CLASS AND HE SAID THAT THEY ARE THINKIN ABOUT BRINGING BACK THE DRAFT AND NOW THEY ARE NOT ONLY DRAFTING MEN THEY ARE DRAFTING WOMEN ARE THEY NUTZ WE ARE THE ONES MAKIN KIDS WHAT THEY WANT TO KILL THE BABY MAKERS!!! DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON THIS CUZ IM NOT GONNA STAND FOR IT IMMA FIGHT BACK!!!! IF U HAVE ANY INFO OR THOUGHTS??? PLEASE WRITE ME BACK! THANX

A girl running in Iraq with M-16, hand grenades, 120 rounds?

Women are now equal in right then in duties are also should be.

Old Post 11-12-2003 07:43 PM
Click here to Send Barbed wire a Private Message Find more posts by Barbed wire Add Barbed wire to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Barbed wire REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

BriansFantasy
Qualified Rookie

post #4  quote:

SAME HERE GEORGE BUSH DOESNT EVEN CARE ABOUT US ANYWAYS HE SAYS HE DOES BUT THE MAN KNOWS NUTTIN ABOUT THE WAR HES NEVER EVEN GONE TO WAR HE WAS TOO MUCH OF A *****!

Old Post 11-12-2003 07:44 PM
Click here to Send BriansFantasy a Private Message Find more posts by BriansFantasy Add BriansFantasy to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore BriansFantasy REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Barbed wire
Veteran

post #5  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by slenderspender
Hmm. Well, I, myself, wouldn't go to any war, they can lock me up!! I ain't killin nobody and nobody's killing me!!

What if enemy is marching through your country?

Old Post 11-12-2003 07:45 PM
Click here to Send Barbed wire a Private Message Find more posts by Barbed wire Add Barbed wire to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Barbed wire REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Barbed wire
Veteran

post #6  quote:

quote:
SAME HERE GEORGE BUSH DOESNT EVEN CARE ABOUT US ANYWAYS HE SAYS HE DOES BUT THE MAN KNOWS NUTTIN ABOUT THE WAR HES NEVER EVEN GONE TO WAR HE WAS TOO MUCH OF A *****!

You're at war with terrorism now.
Current conception of Mr. Bush is that you are to conquer the countries of evil axis in order to win the war.
Many troops needed!

Old Post 11-12-2003 07:50 PM

chelktty
In the Now Guru

Local time: 05:16 AM

post #7  quote:

I think I'm lucky enough to be past the draft age, but I think it's totally wrong. Our military numbers are strong enough without forcing people to join. It's no different from radical dictators pulling children out of schools and forcing them into training camps to brain wash them into being terrorists.

Old Post 11-12-2003 07:51 PM
Click here to Send chelktty a Private Message Find more posts by chelktty Add chelktty to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chelktty REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Barbed wire
Veteran

post #8  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by chelktty
I think I'm lucky enough to be past the draft age, but I think it's totally wrong. Our military numbers are strong enough without forcing people to join. It's no different from radical dictators pulling children out of schools and forcing them into training camps to brain wash them into being terrorists.

Why draft kids?

18 y.olds... may be 21s..

Old Post 11-12-2003 07:53 PM

Barbed wire
Veteran

2nd amendment post #9  quote:

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state ...

Old Post 11-12-2003 07:55 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

Local time: 02:16 AM

post #10  quote:

Well... thank god for the don't ask don't tell... I would be telling, all the way to them saying... "Bye bye"
But, I also think that I'm well past the age of a draft. Does anyone know what age they go up to in a draft? How about what things disqualify you?

Old Post 11-12-2003 08:27 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

slenderspender
Banned

Local time: 04:16 AM

post #11  quote:

My brother couldn't be drafted because he is almost deaf in one ear. Apparently they think he might get snuck up on? lol. And if the war came to my yard then yes, I would defend my family. I could not go to war simply because the second I got there I'd go into cardiac arrest. Screw that, Maybe I watched too many movies but I would not go to any war.

Old Post 11-12-2003 08:59 PM
Click here to Send slenderspender a Private Message Find more posts by slenderspender Add slenderspender to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore slenderspender REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

chelktty
In the Now Guru

post #12  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Barbed wire

Why draft kids?

18 y.olds... may be 21s..

IMO 18 and 21 year olds are still kids. They certainly act like it.
All men over the age of 18 but younger than the age of 26 are required by the government to register with the selective service (Draft).
Women are not required to register as the law does not apply to them.

Old Post 11-12-2003 09:07 PM
Click here to Send chelktty a Private Message Find more posts by chelktty Add chelktty to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore chelktty REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #13  quote:

I think age 25 or 35????, except for past military personnel. They can go back in, because I have a friend in his 50 that got called back.

I think medical conditions exempt you. Quick! Everyone cut off their right arm! All you women.. hurry! Get pregnant!

I've just been informed that it also depends on your profession. Doctors can get drafted past 35. I'm researching.

Last edited by Kookaburra on 11-12-2003 at 09:22 PM |
Old Post 11-12-2003 09:15 PM
Find more posts by Kookaburra Add Kookaburra to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Kookaburra REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

Post What happens during a Draft? post #14  quote:

Reference: http://usmilitary.about.com/library/milinfo/bldraft.htm

U.S. Military

Sequence of Events

Here is a brief overview of what would occur if the United States returned to a draft:

1. CONGRESS AND THE PRESIDENT AUTHORIZE A DRAFT
A crisis occurs which requires more troops than the volunteer military can supply. Congress passes and the President signs legislation which starts a draft.

2. THE LOTTERY
A lottery based on birthdays determines the order in which registered men are called up by Selective Service. The first to be called, in a sequence determined by the lottery, will be men whose 20th birthday falls during that year, followed, if needed, by those aged 21, 22, 23, 24 and 25. 18-year-olds and those turning 19 would probably not be drafted.

3. ALL PARTS OF SELECTIVE SERVICE ARE ACTIVATED
The Agency activates and orders its State Directors and Reserve Forces Officers to report for duty. See also Agency Structure.

4. PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND MORAL EVALUATION OF REGISTRANTS
Registrants with low lottery numbers are ordered to report for a physical, mental, and moral evaluation at a Military Entrance Processing Station to determine whether they are fit for military service. Once he is notified of the results of the evaluation, a registrant will be given 10 days to file a claim for exemption, postponement, or deferment. See also Classifications.

5. LOCAL AND APPEAL BOARDS ACTIVATED AND INDUCTION NOTICES SENT Local and Appeal Boards will process registrant claims. Those who pass the military evaluation will receive induction orders. An inductee will have 10 days to report to a local Military Entrance Processing Station for induction.

6. FIRST DRAFTEES ARE INDUCTED
According to current plans, Selective Service must deliver the first inductees to the military within 193 days from the onset of a crisis.

Old Post 11-12-2003 09:24 PM
Find more posts by Kookaburra Add Kookaburra to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Kookaburra REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Edward Teach
Blackbeard

post #15  quote:

They are not going to bring back the draft anytime soon.

Old Post 11-12-2003 09:25 PM
Click here to Send Edward Teach a Private Message View Edward Teach's Journal Visit Edward Teach's homepage! Find more posts by Edward Teach Add Edward Teach to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Edward Teach REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #16  quote:

Yeah, I just can't see that happening any time soon!
There's a lot more that they would do before a draft....

Old Post 11-12-2003 09:33 PM
Click here to Send Lawless a Private Message View Lawless's Journal Visit Lawless's homepage! Find more posts by Lawless Add Lawless to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Lawless REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

BriansFantasy
Qualified Rookie

post #17  quote:

what do u all think about this war... do u agree/disagree with bush?

Old Post 11-12-2003 10:07 PM

Gold Member
Edward Teach
Blackbeard

post #18  quote:

agree

Old Post 11-12-2003 10:16 PM
Click here to Send Edward Teach a Private Message View Edward Teach's Journal Visit Edward Teach's homepage! Find more posts by Edward Teach Add Edward Teach to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Edward Teach REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

BriansFantasy
Qualified Rookie

post #19  quote:

i just dont understand why we are in iraq tryin to make their living better... i think we should work on america first..... and the whole 9-11 thing had nuttin to do with iraq..... right?

Old Post 11-12-2003 10:18 PM

chelktty
In the Now Guru

post #20  quote:

quote:
i just dont understand why we are in iraq tryin to make their living better... i think we should work on america first..... and the whole 9-11 thing had nuttin to do with iraq..... right?

Not neccessarily, there are a lot of people who believe that Saddam Hussain funded terrorist groups that attacked the U.S. and U.S. interests.
To answer your first question, I believe whole heartedly that Saddam needed to be removed. But I think we went about it in entirely th wrong way. We should've gained more international support and had a ready made game plan for rebuilding the infastructure of their new government before taking action.

Old Post 11-13-2003 06:30 PM

Gold Member
Edward Teach
Blackbeard

post #21  quote:

I for one do not just want to go about my daily routine and just wait for the next shoe to drop. The next terrorist attack. We have had 2 major attacks in our history. Perl Harbor and WTC. What is next? A dirty bomb, biological attack to our water supply, car bomb at a nuclear power plant. Do you seriously want to just wait and see? Maybe it's your town, your apartment complex, your work, your child's school.

Old Post 11-13-2003 07:03 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #22  quote:

I'm with you, Ron... I don't want to wait for the next thing to happen!

But, I'm not sure that I really back Bush, and all the decisions that have been made since 9/11 and all the war. It's not easy to choose sometimes!

Old Post 11-13-2003 07:05 PM

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #23  quote:

My uncle was at WTC. He watched the plane hit the second tower and watched the destruction. I bet if anyone was up close and in person there, they would not hesitate to support what's going on in Iraq.

I actually give the Bush administration credit for self-control. How many armies would have gone in and just eliminated the entire country off the face of the world?

I do question though the politics behind this war. Why are so many of our soldiers dying? Is it possible they are not being allowed to do what it takes to get this war over with? That is, during the Vietnam war (only as relayed to me but not verified) I was told we could have ended that war. It was deliberately kept going in spite of the troops dying. I was also told we had everything needed to end the war very quickly, but the soldiers were not allowed to use the resources.

Is Iraq being handled the same way? And if so, what is to gain by dragging out the war when it could quickly be ended?

Old Post 11-13-2003 07:49 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #24  quote:

One of my best friends lost her cousin and aunt in one of the WTC towers. I think that whether you knew someone in there, or know someone that lost a loved one, it was devestating. Though, I can't comprehend the complete devestation that those who did lose a loved one there have/are feeling.

I'm with Kooka... I'm supportive, but I'm still questioning things. That's what I was trying to say. Something needs to be done... but, are we going about it the right way?

Old Post 11-13-2003 07:56 PM

chelktty
In the Now Guru

post #25  quote:

I question our true motives too, but we also have to consider it this way, We've lost 399 American soldiers so far compared to their thousands. We also have to consider if our soldier's lives are worth the Iraqi people's freedom. Before considering an answer to that, we must all remind ourselves that during the American Revolution, during our struggle to win independance from England, 15,000 French soldiers died fighting for our freedom.
So is it worth an American soldier's life to bring democracy to people living without freedom? I believe it is.

Old Post 11-13-2003 08:31 PM

Diamond Member
Lawless
All About Brad!

post #26  quote:

THAT is something that I think is worth fighting for. To free those people, and bring them out of the dark age with the way that they treat their women and children, and even a lot of their men!!!

But, while I support that... there are still questions!!! And you hit it on the head, chel... our TRUE motives! That's what I want to know. Is it really to help those people? For many of us, it is. But, for the people who made the decision to send them over there... I think that it's a lot more to do with power, and strong-arm'ing. Not that they don't have good intentions, but I think that there is MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE

Old Post 11-13-2003 08:38 PM

Gold Member
Edward Teach
Blackbeard

post #27  quote:

Let's put this into perspective. During 5 years of Viet Nam from 1966 to 1971 more US and Allie troops died every month then what have died during this entire war.

Old Post 11-13-2003 09:20 PM

Gold Member
Edward Teach
Blackbeard

post #28  quote:

Here are some stats for you

Gulf War - 147 deaths
Viet Nam - 58,168 deaths
Korea - 25,604 deaths
World War II - 407,316 deaths
World War I - 116,708 deaths
Civil War (both sides) - 498,332 deaths
Revolutionary War - 4,435 deaths

Old Post 11-13-2003 09:42 PM

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #29  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by chelktty
I question our true motives too, but we also have to consider it this way, We've lost 399 American soldiers so far compared to their thousands. We also have to consider if our soldier's lives are worth the Iraqi people's freedom. Before considering an answer to that, we must all remind ourselves that during the American Revolution, during our struggle to win independance from England, 15,000 French soldiers died fighting for our freedom.
So is it worth an American soldier's life to bring democracy to people living without freedom? I believe it is.

It isn't worth the lives if the people of Iraq don't want what we want for them.

Are we going to take our culture to them and Westernize them against their will? Are they just going to use our money for their short term gain so they can regroup themselves and attack us in stronger forces? Worse yet... are we going to equip them with resources to defend themselves against tyrants, only to find out they use those resources against us?

I don't buy the freedom act 100%. There are other agendas going on.

Old Post 11-14-2003 02:43 AM

Kookaburra
In the Now Guru

post #30  quote:

I'm not trying to discredit America's intentions, but if were Iraq's troops in America, forcing their customs and beliefs on us, would you resist?

Old Post 11-14-2003 02:47 AM
Time: 10:16 AM Post New Thread   
Pages (2):  [1] 2 »   Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Culture & Society > Draft!!!!!!
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: