Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Sports & Recreation > Automotive > Design: what do you really love and what makes you cry?
Search this Thread:
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
leon0911
Qualified Rookie

Local time: 05:37 AM

Design: what do you really love and what makes you cry? post #1  quote:

I have a couple of hobby's and cars is certainly one of them. Hence I weekly read a couple of magazines with reports from detroit, paris, geneva and so on.....,
you always see new designs and it happens that some cardesigns really get a bit freacky. They say you can't discuss taste, but since this is a discussionboard i'd really like to give it a shot!
european cars are a bit different from american and even the japanese cars sometimes come up with beautifull designs. wich design really is your favorite and wich is not really your cup of tea?
tree new and beatifull desings:
audi nuvolari

cadillac sixteen

Crysler crossfire

fire away!!!!

Old Post 05-25-2003 12:23 AM
Click here to Send leon0911 a Private Message Find more posts by leon0911 Add leon0911 to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore leon0911 REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

letsplayskatch

Local time:

post #2  quote:

Nice pictures.
That new Audi Nuvolari look squite nice. I just hope that it handles better than The Audi TT did. Bit of a death trap that was. Hopefully Audi have straightened it out with their typical groundbreaking design principles and their proverbial ?Vorsprung durch Technik? approach to things.

As for the Cadillac sixteen...well read this which i swiped from their website:

The Cadillac Sixteen is rear-wheel drive powered by an all-aluminum 13.6-liter engine. It includes technology such as Displacement on Demand, which allows the engine to run on four, eight or sixteen cylinders depending on driving conditions. Other advancements include:

7,000 rpm capability
1,000 horsepower and 1,000 lbs.-ft. of torque
Advanced cylinder head port design
Titanium alloy valves and valve springs
Variable camshaft phasing

Now thats pretty damn good by any cars standards, but, as with most cars American, it seems to point the finger at being only good in a straight line. All that weight surely makes it a bit of a brick to drive on the road.
To me, it seems that the designers couldn't quite seem to decide on whether to build a stretch limmo or a sports coupe. It just doesn't look right like the GT-resemblig-Audi does.

With the Crossfire, i believe they've had this one in the bag for quite some time. I remember taking a trip to America [some 2 years ago] and when i arrived at the airport i saw, on a billboard, an advertisement for the new Crysler.

The only differnce between all of these cars is that the Audi and the Cadillac are concept models [Sigh] and the Chrysler isn't.
Thanks for the pictures!
Regards.

Old Post 06-02-2003 05:15 PM
Reply w/Quote

Spudmaster
Enthusiast

Local time: 11:37 PM

post #3  quote:

chrysler is the looker, audi has the engeneering. but the caddy, 16 cylinders with about 1000 horsepower, unreal.

Old Post 10-07-2003 01:10 AM
Click here to Send Spudmaster a Private Message Find more posts by Spudmaster Add Spudmaster to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Spudmaster REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote
Time: 04:37 AM Post New Thread   
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Sports & Recreation > Automotive > Design: what do you really love and what makes you cry?
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: