Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum Chat or Talk in the INReview Discussion Forum

register chat members links refer search home
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Sports & Recreation > MLB > Playoffs...
Search this Thread:
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   
SlaveB
Rookie

Local time: 03:22 AM

Playoffs... post #1  quote:

GO GIANTS!

Old Post 09-30-2003 10:57 PM
Click here to Send SlaveB a Private Message Find more posts by SlaveB Add SlaveB to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore SlaveB REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

grets
Mastermind

post #2  quote:

Cubbies!!

Old Post 10-01-2003 04:15 PM
Click here to Send grets a Private Message Find more posts by grets Add grets to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore grets REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Gold Member
Sayzak
Chimerical Visionary

Local time: 05:22 AM

post #3  quote:

GO TWWWWWWWWIIINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 10-01-2003 08:36 PM
Click here to Send Sayzak a Private Message View Sayzak's Journal Find more posts by Sayzak Add Sayzak to your buddy list Send an AIM message to Sayzak Sayzak's MSN ID is blue3eleven@msn.com Click Here to Ignore Sayzak REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

2k2civic
Enthusiast

Local time: 06:22 AM

post #4  quote:

Yankees win!!! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees Wiiiiin!!!!
-John Sterling

Old Post 10-03-2003 09:34 PM
Click here to Send 2k2civic a Private Message Find more posts by 2k2civic Add 2k2civic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore 2k2civic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

grets
Mastermind

post #5  quote:

quote:
Originally posted by 2k2civic
Yankees win!!! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees Wiiiiin!!!!
-John Sterling

Old Post 10-03-2003 11:52 PM
Click here to Send grets a Private Message Find more posts by grets Add grets to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore grets REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Spudmaster
Enthusiast

post #6  quote:

yankees suck, boooooooo!

Old Post 10-06-2003 10:17 PM
Click here to Send Spudmaster a Private Message Find more posts by Spudmaster Add Spudmaster to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Spudmaster REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

2k2civic
Enthusiast

post #7  quote:

That's pretty harsh, Spudmaster. Maybe next year. I'll give it to you, though, the Twins had a heck of a second half of the season. I counted them out a long time ago.

Yanks vs Red Sox/A's should be a great series!!! Go Yanks!!!

Old Post 10-07-2003 03:58 AM
Click here to Send 2k2civic a Private Message Find more posts by 2k2civic Add 2k2civic to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore 2k2civic REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

Spudmaster
Enthusiast

post #8  quote:

ok, here's my beef with the yanks, first off, they win. is that bad of course not. but they always win, they have the most money to buy the best players. why, when a team like the cubs which haven't won a world series since 1908 or boston 1918 come this close do people even want to see the yankees win?

the yankees have had there glory, let some one else take the spotlight.

Old Post 10-10-2003 02:26 AM
Click here to Send Spudmaster a Private Message Find more posts by Spudmaster Add Spudmaster to your buddy list Click Here to Ignore Spudmaster REPORT this Post to a ModeratorNOMINATE this Post for Reward Points Reply w/Quote

2k2civic
Enthusiast

post #9  quote:

Hey Spudmaster, I can understand your frustration. I am a diehard Yankees fan watching them since I was about 8. Believe me, I clearly remember the Stump Merril era and the horrible seasons of the late 80s.

I understand that the Yankees have alot of money to spend. But also consider this, the reason the Yankees have won the latest championship rings is not mainly because of the money they have dished to bring in players. No, the reason they've won comes primarily from their farm system. i.e. Bernie Williams, Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Andy Pettite.

And believe me, they don't have the best players, Cubs have Sosa, Giants have Barry, Boston has Pedro and Manny, Texas has ARod. We just happen to have the right combination of players. Name one player on the Yankees team that is as dominant as any of those players I've just named. None. Clemens maybe, but he's retiring.

And yes, the Yanks have had their glory. You said it, let someone else TAKE the spotlight.

Old Post 10-10-2003 03:05 AM

Spudmaster
Enthusiast

post #10  quote:

Ok here is for instance, Yankees win.

Bob: "So who one the World Series this year?"
Ted: "The Yankees....again"

The yankees are a powerhouse, taking the perspective of a fan i understand how it feels good to have your team win alot. But take into consideration the fans of other teams, like myself, Cleveland is my taste. Now it doesn't bother me that they aren't a threat right now, but i'm lookin to see the underdog step up and give us a show.

Domination of a sport can get tiring, if there isn't always a good competition the sport will eventually die, like anything else. Lets change the pace a little and see if maybe another team can take charge. If not, my hat of to NYC and Yanks.

Oh and they don't call Derek Jeter the prince of New York for nothing.

Old Post 10-15-2003 11:31 PM
Time: 11:22 AM Post New Thread   
  Print Version | Email Page | Bookmark | Subscribe to Thread
INReview INReview > The Scuttlebutt Lounge > Sports & Recreation > MLB > Playoffs...
Search this Thread:
Forum Rules: